Official 2018-2019 Anesthesiology Residency Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in a similar position in terms of prelims, I only have 3 and one of my top programs is advanced. Not sure how I will handle the rankings, because I really don't want to have to scramble into a surgical year.
I’m hoping/thinking some prelim programs send invites out later on?? Not sure. Similar position in that I only have 1 prelim and my #1 of my 3 invites is to the only one that is advanced..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys does anyone have any information on Saint Louis University gas program ? proximity comments are pretty meh and there isn't much out on the spreadsheet or other boards. In fact last time i checked someone completely destroyed the impression spreadsheet

Reactions: 1 user
So if a rejection letter says that I’m not being considered for an interview this year, that still means I have a chance next year, right?

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow just checked my email and saw I also have a prelim internal interview too . That’s two interviews since I submitted my ck score

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing at USC 12/20 or 12/21 that wants to swap and take a later date? I need to move up from my 1/8/2019 date.

Got an interview from a program I spoke with at ASA over a month ago. That’s my 9th anesthesia invite. :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected from a program I rotated at a few months ago after the PD said I should get an interview. Feels bad man! Oh well.

Must be nice man.
“Must be nice,” I hate this bull****. Can you find a better way to veil your disdain for another persons good fortune?

Im in medical school- “must be nice.” Oh the military is paying my school, I won’t have student loans- “must be nice.” I got a free meal because I saved a baby from a burning building and sustained third degree burns on 70% of my body- “free meal eh...must be nice.” Nevermind all the work the person puts into a task, the personal sacrifice that goes into it now and for years to come, and that the person is personally proud of a substantial life accomplishment. Screw all that, you just be bitter that you dont have the good things they do; and make sure you make it know with your venomous compliment “must be nice.”

“Must be nice,” I hate this bull****. Can you find a better way to veil your disdain for another persons good fortune?

Im in medical school- “must be nice.” Oh the military is paying my school, I won’t have student loans- “must be nice.” I got a free meal because I saved a baby from a burning building and sustained third degree burns on 70% of my body- “free meal eh...must be nice.” Nevermind all the work the person puts into a task, the personal sacrifice that goes into it now and for years to come, and that the person is personally proud of a substantial life accomplishment. Screw all that, you just be bitter that you dont have the good things they do; and make sure you make it know with your venomous compliment “must be nice.”

You mad bro? Sounds like you need to channel that anger towards something else besides an anonymous online forum

Reactions: 8 users

Lol uhh what? Chill man.

Reactions: 2 users

Why does the statement bother you so much?
Are you just an attention seeker on an anonymous forum?

Why does the statement bother you so much?
Are you just an attention seeker on an anonymous forum?
Are you not entertained by the irony of you seeking attention to yourself by calling me out for potentially seeking attention? “Oh I got another like for calling him out, sure showed him!”

If my statement itself doesn’t tell you why the statement bothers me then perhaps you should try to (and I know this will really challenge you) think about the statement. “Must be nice” is not a kind statement, if you think it is then I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale you might be interested in.

The power of three words is quite crazy. I’m a sarcastic person. I’m not bitter.. I think there’s something deeper going on. I wish you the best man.

Reactions: 5 users
I think you all need a joke:

An anesthesiologist goes on vacation with his wife. On the flight home he's sitting in coach and hears over the intercom "if there is an anesthesiologist on board, please come to first class cabin immediately." Guy shrugs it off. Five minutes later, another announcement: "we need an anesthesiologist to the first class cabin immediately." Guy isn't gonna go, but his wife is getting upset and tells him he has a duty to act.

Anesthesiologist walks up to the first class cabin and finds a stewardess. He introduces himself and asks what the problem is. Stewardess points to a middle aged man reading a Dan Brown book. "See that guy?" she says.

"Yes, he looks fine to me" responds the anesthesiologist.

"Well," responds the stewardess, "you see, he's a surgeon, and he needs his overhead light adjusted."

Relax fam!

Reactions: 8 users

Hey, maybe you shouldn't be applying to anesthesia. Have you thought about some type of surgery? That might suit your personality better.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you not entertained by the irony of you seeking attention to yourself by calling me out for potentially seeking attention? “Oh I got another like for calling him out, sure showed him!”

If my statement itself doesn’t tell you why the statement bothers me then perhaps you should try to (and I know this will really challenge you) think about the statement. “Must be nice” is not a kind statement, if you think it is then I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale you might be interested in.
Every body please ignore this person. Obviously, he/she does not have a life. Just an attention seeker.

The power of three words is quite crazy. I’m a sarcastic person. I’m not bitter.. I think there’s something deeper going on. I wish you the best man.
“If you don’t like what they’re talking about, change the conversation”

Well played, you may have the willing masses here fooled and you have avoided dealing with the bitterness you feel inside to others success, but eventually it will catch up with you.

Every body please ignore this person. Obviously, he/she does not have a life. Just an attention seeker.
Again, way to get attention by calling me out for seeking attention! I’m excited, will you do it a third time?!?!

Also, now we have the irony of you responding to an online post that I have no life because I respond to online posts.

“If you don’t like what they’re talking about, change the conversation”

Well played, you may have the willing masses here fooled and you have avoided dealing with the bitterness you feel inside to others success, but eventually it will catch up with you.
Not everyone has an agenda. Just keep that in mind. I would like to think my history here has shown I’m a very supportive person and wish everyone the best of luck. Perhaps online forums aren’t the best way to show sarcasm. I’ll keep that in mind next time. I think we’ve both realized how unfortunate the online community can perceive a post.

Not everyone has an agenda. Just keep that in mind. I would like to think my history here has shown I’m a very supportive person and wish everyone the best of luck. Perhaps online forums aren’t the best way to show sarcasm. I’ll keep that in mind next time. I think we’ve both realized how unfortunate the online community can perceive a post.

Everyone always has an agenda, always. Anything and everything you or someone else says always has meaning whether you like to believe it or not.

Again, way to get attention by calling me out for seeking attention! I’m excited, will you do it a third time?!?!

Also, now we have the irony of you responding to an online post that I have no life because I respond to online posts.
Yes, you are an attention seeker.
#It must be nice.

Ah yes the #, the international millennial sign of attention seeking. “Everyone look at my statement! It has a hashtag! I’m important and original! I’m starting a movement! Look at me!!!”

What will they do for #4?!?!
Go away plz cancer. You are not welcome here

Did you mean to say #goawayplzcancer?

Is that your actual picture? Might want to change that if it is.

Also, anyone interview at Sunrise Health in Las Vegas or OK State? Nothing on either program on the google doc spreadsheet and was wondering if anyone has feedback on either program.

Also, anyone interview at Sunrise Health in Las Vegas or OK State? Nothing on either program on the google doc spreadsheet and was wondering if anyone has feedback on either program.
Yes, I am the black actor from the 2007 version of Battlestar Galactica.

Tell me, do you think waitresses who flirt with you are actually into you, or when PD’s email you that they “intend to rank you very highly” they actually mean it?

Im starting to see where the people are that fall into these types of traps.

Sunrise is brand spanking new. Doubt you’ll find much.

Yes, I am the black actor from the 2007 version of Battlestar Galactica.

Tell me, do you think waitresses who flirt with you are actually into you, or when PD’s email you that they “intend to rank you very highly” they actually mean it?

Im starting to see where the people are that fall into these types of traps.

Ok lol. Hope no one triggers you with an “it must be nice” on the interview trail. Would be a real shame.

Sunrise is brand spanking new. Doubt you’ll find much.

Yeah it’s brand new so I’m not surprised there’s not much info out there. Just thought on the off chance that someone sees this that’s already interviewed there

Ok lol. Hope no one triggers you with an “it must be nice” on the interview trail. Would be a real shame.

Yeah it’s brand new so I’m not surprised there’s not much info out there. Just thought on the off chance that someone sees this that’s already interviewed there

Lol this is an anonymous internet forum, no way Id be dumb enough to react this way in person.

I would, however, have an idea of where that person is coming from, their intentions, their sincerity, and how much they can be trusted.

I matched at a program that sent me that exact letter as I’m sure many others have. Haven’t dated any waitresses though.

Prob just a cylon

i stop following this thread for 2 days and it turns into this.:uhno:

ight peeps, more time spending on updating that excel sheet, less time on this nonsense.

Reactions: 5 users