• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

MLN0128

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Here we go~~ Let's get together to share information!

Vidared

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2011
Status (Visible)
I am a first year fellow and I think I would like to stay in academia at least for the foreseeable future after completing my fellowship. I'm a foreign medical graduate on a J1 visa and would like to have a contract signed by early 3rd year. I like the place I'm training at and the city and would be happy to stay on as faculty. I know they had hired their own fellows before but people from this year's graduating class of fellows who were considering staying have since found jobs elsewhere. I think its because have a new division director and have not hired anyone ever since he/she came on board. I've worked with the new director in clinic and made it obvious where my interests lie. At what point in my training should I have a conversation with them about a job offer? My current plan is to publish a paper, hopefully have my ASCO abstract accepted as poster this year and take point on a couple of IITs before I ask to be considered for a position here but I wasn't sure if that would be too late.

About the Ads

MLN0128

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Any advice how to prepare for the academic job search, specifically for third year fellows?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Any advice how to prepare for the academic job search, specifically for third year fellows?
Find a place you want to go.
Find out if they are recruiting in your area.
Send them a CV and cover letter anyway.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Bonus if you have faculty with ties somewhere.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.