COMLEX Official 2018 Comlex 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

• Thread starter ThrowAwayStepDO
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

ThrowAwayStepDO

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt exactly the same way!! I honestly came out of the exam thinking I would at least pass since I also felt a lot of the questions were easy. Like, I swear they had so many first order buzzword Qs in the test. I knew I wouldn't get the score I probably wanted, but I thought I knew enough to just pass. I also wonder if the test was just harder now that they re-adjusted the scoring? I also agree that UW is totally different than COMLEX which is the reason I never finished the whole U-world qbank. I finished all of COMBANK before the exam but not sure how helpful it was. It gave a better sense of how the test is written, but the Qs are still so vague that it doesn't really teach you anything. I might do another pass through UW just for concepts and then do COMLEX specific Qs to get use to style.

Oh wow, 30 days is definitely not enough time to prepare for a retake. I get a lot more time because I'm not even allowed to start rotations without a passing score, and since I'm already behind I'm basically held back a year. I'm disappointed I'm not going to be with my class but I guess the positive is I can take as much time to retake as I need :/

I failed it too. I think those who took it in the last batch got a new harder exam. This is a new reality now. You need a 530-550 COMSAE to only barely pass a new version now. Unless NBOME will readjust COMSAE and come up with new one, those who want to score 500-520 on COMLEX exam will need to score 650-700 on current COMSAE. FML

I semi-feel yalls trouble in that I ended up passing with a 425, but had a 100+ point drop from my COMSAEs. Also felt good about the COMLEX as well. Weird stuff.
I'm glad I passed, but at the same time, I'm stuck with that 425 lol.

Best of luck to all of you

Members don't see this ad :)
Took COMLEX 9/24. It was pretty heavy in heme/neuro and I wasn't sure how I felt coming out, but I guess it wasn't good enough. I thought Micro was super easy on test day, but results say otherwise.

Failed w/ just a few points shy of 400. I was sick on exam day, but not sure if that was the main factor or I just didn't know enough.

Anyone have any recommendations for study materials or review courses specific for COMLEX? I already spent $3000 doing the Wolfpacc program (thought it would help for COMLEX but it was geared more for USMLE). Budget is tight, but I'm willing to spend if the program is good enough and can be taken online.

Or do you think focusing on UFAP is better? I struggled all 2nd year and only went through First Aid once, Pathoma 2x, and finished 60% u-world. I'm thinking if I finish all those and go through first aid multiple times I might be better? I really need to crush COMLEX the second time (hoping to get ~500+ if that's even realistic :/), so if anyone has any tips on how to improve I would appreciate it. My report sheet says my highest areas were Physio & Pathology.

Super bummed right now since I'm pushed back a year. Planning to take a week or 2 off to mentally prepare myself and then get back into things. Planning to study for 3-4 months and retake in February/March.
tips: do savarese questions at the back, memorize dermatomes, inborn errors of metabolism, know all of LOLNOTACOP's anki deck for micro, localize lesions, i felt like OMM was stupid overly weightled on mine. took it in august. crap test felt better than outcome

want to just share your break down with me. dm me

tips: do savarese questions at the back, memorize dermatomes, inborn errors of metabolism, know all of LOLNOTACOP's anki deck for micro, localize lesions, i felt like OMM was stupid overly weightled on mine. took it in august. crap test felt better than outcome

want to just share your break down with me. dm me

Thanks for the tips! I tried to dm you, but I think your settings don't allow me to. If you could dm me then I'll send you my breakdown. I'm open to any advice I can get.

No change. Don't waste your money. Time to dust off that LinkedIn, Indeed, & Monster account.

Sorry it didn't help, but thanks for updating us!

Ok, first of all dude it's wrong video - you have posted in COMLEX level 1, not USMLE Step 1. Also, let me ask you this: do you really think there is at least 1 person here on sdn who learned something new from that video lol? It's cliche after cliche. You are either high school kid who thinks it's cool to post some silly video about step 1 usmle or you are just trolling us. Either way it's not good and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have already passed comlex level 1, on your nbome student account, does it still say you are eligible to take comlex level 1? Or is it just comlex level 2 PE now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I'm not sure if anyone can answer this because it seems most people who posted on here who took it recently and got their scores went MIA: when did scores release? I've heard if it's a 2-3 day score release period and you took it on the last possible test date (for example, 10/29), you should expect the scores to be released on the last day. I have confirmed this with people who took it in August but I was wondering if anyone in September's testing period can confirm that. Also when did you receive your scores, AM or PM? I know most people who got their scores in July got it in the late morning.

Thanks in advance.
Would like to know this as well, as I took it on 10/29. It says we're supposed to find out 12-13th of November

If I had to guess, I would say October 6th will get it on november 12th and October 29th will be on November 13th but that is just my guess. So nervous....

Update: Got scores back. Super happy with how I did, especially with my mom passing away during dedicated.

Couldn't stop shaking with how over the moon I was. Walked out of that test feeling like I failed. Either I guessed right, or the curve was generous. If any of you have any questions COMLEX wise, feel free to send me them. I don't check SDN regularly, usually every 2-3 days, just so you know.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone take the Nov. 20 COMLEX on Tuesday? Thoughts?

Hi T.ommCruzi. I took my exam on November 20th! I feel like there was so much detailed trivia questions on details I just didn't focus on or didn't encounter during my studying. Especially on Anatomy. I am a bit nervous and felt like I had to make an educated guess on a lot of those type of trivia questions. Message me privately if you want to talk : )

Reactions: 1 user
Hi T.ommCruzi. I took my exam on November 20th! I feel like there was so much detailed trivia questions on details I just didn't focus on or didn't encounter during my studying. Especially on Anatomy. I am a bit nervous and felt like I had to make an educated guess on a lot of those type of trivia questions. Message me privately if you want to talk : )

Hi bb24! I completely agree with what you said about that Nov. 20th exam. It was crazy.

Would you mind PM'ing me? I tried to send one but it didn't work!

Took COMLEX 9/24. It was pretty heavy in heme/neuro and I wasn't sure how I felt coming out, but I guess it wasn't good enough. I thought Micro was super easy on test day, but results say otherwise.

Failed w/ just a few points shy of 400. I was sick on exam day, but not sure if that was the main factor or I just didn't know enough.

Anyone have any recommendations for study materials or review courses specific for COMLEX? I already spent $3000 doing the Wolfpacc program (thought it would help for COMLEX but it was geared more for USMLE). Budget is tight, but I'm willing to spend if the program is good enough and can be taken online.

Or do you think focusing on UFAP is better? I struggled all 2nd year and only went through First Aid once, Pathoma 2x, and finished 60% u-world. I'm thinking if I finish all those and go through first aid multiple times I might be better? I really need to crush COMLEX the second time (hoping to get ~500+ if that's even realistic :/), so if anyone has any tips on how to improve I would appreciate it. My report sheet says my highest areas were Physio & Pathology.

Super bummed right now since I'm pushed back a year. Planning to take a week or 2 off to mentally prepare myself and then get back into things. Planning to study for 3-4 months and retake in February/March.

Hey, I tried to message you but couldn't. Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk about the retake. I got a 500+ on it. :)

Hi bb24! I completely agree with what you said about that Nov. 20th exam. It was crazy.

Hey ! I sent you a private message ! I think it worked ?