1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

***Official 2018 Orthodontic Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by Mr.P, Jul 22, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DRLT

DRLT

Sep 7, 2017
    I'm typically not the type to post on SDN threads, I usually just visit purely to keep up to date on interview invites. Just wanted to respond to some of the previous questions that have been posted, because I know that the application process is extremely stressful for everyone.
    -I do believe based on comparing my personal experience with what I've read in these posts, that some programs extend interview invites at different times. For example, my first interview invite was from Oklahoma. The date listed on this thread for Oklahoma is August 1st. I received a phone call July 20th. Also, I received an email invite with Iowa yesterday (Sept 6th) for an interview on October 20th (with a social the night before). From the looks of other posts it looks like the first invites from Iowa went out Aug 31st. Just a couple pieces of evidence that not all of the schools send every interview invite out at the same time. This is my first application cycle, so I am far from a professional at this thing, but I just wanted to throw some potential hope to those expressing anxiety in previous posts.
    -I hope that we can keep this thread clean, and contention free. I believe that SDN can be a great medium for sharing information and collaborating to work together for a common goal. Hopefully we can stay positive and mindful that we are all in a heightened sense of anxiety during this waiting period. I graduated from dental school and have been practicing for over 3 years. Currently I have been lucky to go 3/3 with schools mentioned above, so those of you with private practice experience don't feel as though that precludes you from finding success in this application process.

Munks, Elouise121212 and NojayNimpson like this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. koumaro

koumaro

Nov 16, 2016
    Wow you must be an amazing candidate! Congrats! Can you please share your stats? (GPA, GRE, internships etc..)

4. Mr.P

Mr.P 2+ Year Member

Dec 3, 2013
    University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
    University of Rochester/August 23 (email)/Interview: Sept 14-15, 18-19, 21-22, 25-26 (no mention of social)
    Tufts/August 24 (email)/Interview: October 2nd with social on October 1st
    UBC/August 31st (email)/Interview: Nov 4th with social Nov 3rd
    Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social September 28th
    Loma Linda/ September 1st (Phone)/Interview: Oct 9/10 (no mention of social)
    Seton Hill/ September 5 (email)/Interview: Sept 29 with social night before
    ASDOH/ September 6 (email)/Interview: Oct 3 with social night before
    OHSU/September 6 (phone) /Interview: Oct 20
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th (phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    Nebraska/ September 7/ Interview: October 2nd
    Baylor/ September 7 (Phone)/ Interview: Oct 3,4,5
    UCLA/ September 7 (Phone)/ Interview: September 25

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. sunortho

sunortho

Sep 7, 2017
    any news from OHIO state university

I want them straight likes this.
  6. bent_on_ortho

bent_on_ortho

Aug 29, 2017
    University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
    University of Rochester/August 23 (email)/Interview: Sept 14-15, 18-19, 21-22, 25-26 (no mention of social)
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th (phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    Nebraska/ September 7/ Interview: October 2nd
    LSU/ September 8 (email)/ Interview October 26th or 27th with social on 26th

7. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social night before, October 20 with social night before
    Nebraska/ September 7 (phone)/ Interview: October 2, 3
    LSU/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 26th or 27th with social on 26th
    Tennessee/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 13 with social night before

8. TheWireBender

TheWireBender

Jun 7, 2017
    Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social night before, October 20 with social night before
    UNLV/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 5th or 6th with social the night of the 5th

9. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    UNLV/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 5th or 6th with social the night of the 5th
    UC San Francisco / September 8 (phone)/ Interview: October 6th with social the night before

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. I want them straight

I want them straight

Jul 30, 2017
    Congrats!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  11. sierra128

sierra128 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2013
    This is probably a silly question... but is Baylor the same as Texas A&M?

12. I want them straight

I want them straight

Jul 30, 2017
    It is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

13. University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone) / Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
    UC San Francisco / September 8 (phone)/ Interview: October 6th with social the night before

14. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone) / Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
    Ohio State / September 11 (email): October 9th with social the night before

15. Warren E. Namel

Warren E. Namel

Jul 24, 2016
    2 rejections in a row...damn

16. BillyBobThorton

BillyBobThorton

Aug 14, 2017
    I got an email today saying I'm in the alternate pool @ Indiana. So i'm assuming interview offers have been sent out today. Interview date is Friday, October 13th.

17. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Indiana / September 12 (email): October 13th with social the night before

18. bent_on_ortho

bent_on_ortho

Aug 29, 2017
    Indiana / September 12 (email): October 13th with social the night before
    UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  19. Hyrax

Hyrax 7+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Dang. Another one gone.

20. University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
    Ohio State / September 11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before
    Indiana / September 12 (email)/Interview: October 13th with social the night before
    UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/ Interview: October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before
    St. Barnabas / September 13 (email)/Interview: October 24 with a social the night before

21. Mr.P

Mr.P 2+ Year Member

Dec 3, 2013
    University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
    University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
    Ohio State / September 11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before
    Indiana / September 12 (email)/Interview: October 13th with social the night before
    UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/ Interview: October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before
    St. Barnabas / September 13 (email)/Interview: October 24 with a social the night before
    Boston University / September 14 (email)/ Interview: November with social night before
    UNC /September 14 (phone)
    UPENN /September 14 (email)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  22. CaliDDS1986

CaliDDS1986 5+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Damn Mr. P save some interviews for the rest of us!!

23. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Boston University / September 14 (email)/ Interview: November with social night before
    U Michigan / September 14 (phone)/ Interview: October 12 or October 16 with social night before each

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  24. Mr.ash

Mr.ash

Sep 14, 2017
    Do UPENN send rejection letters? Cause i got nothing.. or does it mean that i am on hold?

25. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    U Michigan / September 14 (phone)/ Interview: October 12 or October 16 with social night before each
    UMKC / September 15 (email) Interview: October 23 with social night before
    U of Kentucky / September 15 (phone)/ Interview: October 26 with social night before

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017 at 1:54 PM
  26. I want them straight

I want them straight

Jul 30, 2017
    Anyone know if UMKC sends in batches?

27. almostdds18

almostdds18

Saturday
    ^^ Idk if it was a typo above or if they have multiple dates, but my interview invitation (email on 9/15) from UMKC is October 23 with social the night before

28. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Yes, sorry!! It's the 23rd.

almostdds18 likes this.
  29. doubletexter

doubletexter

Sunday
    UPENN /September 14 (email): Interviews October 11 or October 25 with social nights before each
    U of Kentucky / September 15 (phone)/ Interview: October 26 with social night before

30. MRH2017

MRH2017 2+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Anything from Roseman?

31. CaliDDS1986

Apr 2, 2011
    Anyone hear from NYU or NYU Lutheran?

32. sierra128

sierra128 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2013
    Does anyone know how much of a problem it is if one does not attend the social the night before an interview?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 9:10 AM
  33. toothfairy2016

toothfairy2016 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I got an e-mail from NYU saying they're reviewing applications, and:
    • Wednesday, September 27th - Thursday, September 28th - Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email and/or phone.
    • Thursday, October 12th, and Friday, October 13th - Interviews will be conducted, candidates must be present on both dates, Thursday will be all day and Friday portion will only be 1-3 hours appointment between 9am-5pm.

34. CaliDDS1986

Apr 2, 2011
    Thanks!

35. sierra128

sierra128 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2013
    Anyone with a Michigan interview on Oct 16th willing to switch (for the Oct 12th date)? Please pm me if so!

36. I want them straight

I want them straight

Jul 30, 2017
    UPENN /September 14 (email): Interviews October 11 or October 25 with social nights before each
    San Antonio / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 23rd or 24th social night before

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  37. koumaro

koumaro

Nov 16, 2016
    San Antonio / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 23rd or 24th social night before
    CWRU / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 11 or 12 with social the night before

38. Noorm

Noorm

Tuesday
    What date exactly is Boston University's interview?

39. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th or October 20th with socials the day before each
    CWRU / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 11 or 12 with social the night before
    U Washington / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 16 with social the night before

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  40. betsyoneill

betsyoneill 2+ Year Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Congrats on the interviews everyone!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017 at 7:09 AM
  41. Str82th

Str82th

May 9, 2017
    Dentist
    It is important to attend the social. It is the best time to get to know the residents, and for them to get to know you.

Also, many schools reserve a couple interview spots until the deadline and will fill spots that are declined.

42. BraceForFloss

BraceForFloss

Sep 8, 2017
    Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th or October 20th with socials the day before each
    U Washington / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 16 with social the night before
    St. Louis / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 16, 17, 18, 19 with a social before each respective night

43. Mr.P

Mr.P 2+ Year Member

Dec 3, 2013
    St. Louis / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 16, 17, 18, 19 with a social before each respective night
    Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24, with a social before each respective night

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 2:42 PM
  44. predent94

predent94 5+ Year Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Thanks for the encouraging words. If you don't mind what are your stats? I am contemplating applying, my stats are not competitive and I am out of dental school. Do you guys think theres any chance?

45. wman

wman 7+ Year Member

May 17, 2008
    There is always a chance. Never give up.

46. bent_on_ortho

bent_on_ortho

Aug 29, 2017
    My confirmation email from Columbia said that the socials are the nights before the interviews. So, my social is the 23rd and interview is the 24th.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM
    Mr.P likes this.
  47. orthochakra

orthochakra

Yesterday
    Is anyone else starting to feel the rising anxiety of not receiving interview invitations? This process is quickly becoming more stressful than anticipated.

48. bent_on_ortho

bent_on_ortho

Aug 29, 2017
    Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24 with social the respective night before interview
    Colorado / September 21 (phone) / Interview: October 12, 13, or 16 with no mention of social yet

49. TheWireBender

TheWireBender

Jun 7, 2017
    Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24 with social the respective night before interview
    Colorado / September 21 (phone) / Interview: October 12, 13, or 16 with no mention of social yet
    Jacksonville / September 21 (email) / Interview: October 09 or 10 with social the night of the 9th