ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Regarding Ranking:

Rank based on the place and order your preference. See what you want to do after, Academic vs Private, Advance vs Transplant and consider family, and friends for support or spouse if you have one (If he or she will be relocated for 3 years will have a smooth transition)-(Consider schools for kids)---etc.
You Interviewed at the place, you have and had the chance to look at their program and research the program.

No here who has not gone to your program or knows more about you and your future plan can tell you how to rank and in what order. You rank based on your preference and where you want to go.

I find people still think by stating the rank list and asking for help try to tilt the matching algorithm, this will not happen, you will end up matching where the matrix decides based on your order and the programs order and all others in the matrix.

Reactions: akatiger_j and A_GI
Sep 8, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've heard that it is good to ask what types of endoscopes programs use. Is there much difference between the new Pentax vs Olympus 190 scopes? Studies show the polyp detection rate is the same but the overall comfortability and logistics of the scope may be different I suppose. Certainly this shouldn't make a major difference in choosing a program though I am curious to what you all think...

Reactions: ShiShiMD
Sep 8, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Especially pertaining to the current fellows on the blog, what are some thoughts on the two major call systems: Qday (ex: being on every 2-10 days) versus Qweek (ex: being on for an entire one week every 6-8 weeks for example) schedule?

About the Ads
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I've heard that it is good to ask what types of endoscopes programs use. Is there much difference between the new Pentax vs Olympus 190 scopes? Studies show the polyp detection rate is the same but the overall comfortability and logistics of the scope may be different I suppose. Certainly this shouldn't make a major difference in choosing a program though I am curious to what you all think...
pentax is not female friendly and for advance cases the new Pentax can cause perforation if one is not competent, so make sure you get the Pentax rep or even the Olympus rep to always show you and your department (other fellows/attending/preceptors) how to use the new tech

Last edited:
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Especially pertaining to the current fellows on the blog, what are some thoughts on the two major call systems: Qday (ex: being on every 2-10 days) versus Qweek (ex: being on for an entire one week every 6-8 weeks for example) schedule?
1:3 or 1:5 is good. Whole week only if you attending is a good option.

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Also many programs that rotate via VA will use Pentax.
The real question is epic/ cerner vs Meditech for EHR and all scripts provation and endosuit for endo and for clinic if is not same as hospital is it all script or Gastro tech or .....

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019
Dude I don’t know what you are talking about. IMG with a post doc in Yale or Hopkins or research before being matched to residency and continuing on publishing doesn’t equal the IMG with same Training as AMG.

yes AMG profiles are sometimes weak and yes those IMGs that are strong become gods in GI.

The truth of the matter is this: programs have to rank internal applicants first. Then they choose really strong IMGs vs Very strong AMG then IMG be AMG.

some programs have 3 spots 2 goes to internal applicants one is for outside and that if the third spot is taken by internal applicant.

please stop this IMG vs AMG nonsense since IMGs who are strong will get matched and become leaders, innovators and gods in GI
Well, I would say you stop this nonsense discussion. It is clear from your post that you are an AMG. I work at a University place with medical students. Some of the medical students who have steps score in 220 getting interviews from Yale, Baylor, U of M etc. They already have 20-22 interviews and ERAS was opened only 5 weeks ago. If you don't see the difference between AMG and IMG in getting residency and fellowship, then do your research first. However, After completing your residency and fellowship, you can get a job where you want. It does not matter after completing your residency and fellowship, that's why you see leaders and innovators in GI who are IMG. See those leaders' education profile before commenting. You will know.

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well, I would say you stop this nonsense discussion. It is clear from your post that you are an AMG. I work at a University place with medical students. Some of the medical students who have steps score in 220 getting interviews from Yale, Baylor, U of M etc. They already have 20-22 interviews and ERAS was opened only 5 weeks ago. If you don't see the difference between AMG and IMG in getting residency and fellowship, then do your research first. However, After completing your residency and fellowship, you can get a job where you want. It does not matter after completing your residency and fellowship, that's why you see leaders and innovators in GI who are IMG. See those leaders' education profile before commenting. You will know.
Maybe everyone should just Worry about their individual strengths as an applicant. No point in having this discussion or comparing yourself to the other group.

In the same breath, I see absolutely nothing wrong with program considering applicants who trained in the US first considering that they have undertaken a large debt burden plus a largely useless undergraduate curriculum to get here. That has to count for something otherwise they would all train outside of the country.

If you don’t like it, No one is forcing you to participate.

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
All I can say is this, programs prefer their own students and rank AMG higher.

count your blessing because in countries-like Canada the program director will Straight tell you by the command of GME I need to rank CMG first than IMG trained. At leastin USA IMG get a shot for residency and fellowship before they are even citizens or GC card holders

work hard and you will get it.

alsoAMG have debts of 400-600K and GME , AMA whoever pushes the GME to rank AMG first. The way they are scored and ranked are even different.

no point to discuss this any further as indicated by others. Concentrate on your own profile and please contribute to the forum with positive information regarding how to help other IMGs or AMGs build excellent profile

1Cor1557

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This would be a great piece of psychological research, no different than the preference of coke vs Pepsi, although on paper some pentax are identical or even better specs than olympus, people domestically will always swear by olympus image quality and tip control, they have stranglehold on market for good reason

1Cor1557

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Depends on the facilty youre covering, if it's a 1200 bed urban center you will be awake every night, so week long call isnt practical, if its 400-500 or less you might get by

GastriqueGraffin

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2017
More important is if a program is able to front load calls. As a new fellow doing a lot of call I feel has more educational value and you wouldn’t mind as much as when you’re nearing the end of fellowship.

Sep 8, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This would be a great piece of psychological research, no different than the preference of coke vs Pepsi, although on paper some pentax are identical or even better specs than olympus, people domestically will always swear by olympus image quality and tip control, they have stranglehold on market for good reason
great response! thank you

About the Ads
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
location ,location location..... all are great....they have individual strengths like jeff /osu are strong in panc , temple in motility etc....
Temple motility for sure.
Rutgers transplant hep

but location like you said.

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Any thoughts on rutgers, cooper, jefferson, temple, penn state, ohio state?

Interested in private practice
Private practice choose community

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Thanks shishi....
Unfortunately not much love from comm programs
If this is the case choose the one that offers all types of outpatient clinic and procedures.

HelpPleaseMD

7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]

IMO Ohio State is a better choice. You will get good teaching on pancreatic / gi oncology and will get high volume of scopes. Its a good academic/pp hybrid that can set you well. Their chair is very personable and they also have a fairly robust IBD program.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
QUOTE="akatiger_j, post: 21335419, member: 957228"]

[/QUOTE]

I'd also factor in where you want to get a private practice job. Much easier to break into Cali/ NE if trained there. Alot of good private practice (and other) jobs are not advertised, and are word of mouth. Not to say you couldn't find someone in a different region with connections, but meetings, networking, interviews all can happen much easier when you are local, and you get a feel for the market and dynamics in a region better.

Similarly private practice emphasis are is on common/ Gen GI, IBS, scoping, efficiency, and your ability to bring a little extra expertise to the table. Go where you will be trained broadly, get solid scope numbers, whilst allowing you to specialize in something should you want to. You left out if you'd be interested in advanced endoscopy/ ERCP+EUS. In that case go where you will be best placed to get an advanced spot... many times that is your home program

Sep 8, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know this is a popular topic and has been discussed several times before. However, I wanted to ask for some input on direct frankness. Is it a good move to email your #2 and/or #3 program and let them know just that rather than the generic "highly rank" term? From my perspective, it would be weird if somebody reached out to tell me that I was not their first.

Reactions: A_GI
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I know this is a popular topic and has been discussed several times before. However, I wanted to ask for some input on direct frankness. Is it a good move to email your #2 and/or #3 program and let them know just that rather than the generic "highly rank" term? From my perspective, it would be weird if somebody reached out to tell me that I was not their first.
I only emailed my first rank. Emailing makes no difference. They not going to read your email and change your score for your to be higher.

About the Ads

bjamin

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
One program director recommended that when I know my number one program, I should not only email them but I should also have my own home PD reach out to the #1 program and let them know my intentions (I suppose to legitimize me ranking them #1?). Has anyone done this or heard of this? Seems a little harsh if you are not ranking your home program number 1....

Sep 8, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
One program director recommended that when I know my number one program, I should not only email them but I should also have my own home PD reach out to the #1 program and let them know my intentions (I suppose to legitimize me ranking them #1?). Has anyone done this or heard of this? Seems a little harsh if you are not ranking your home program number 1....
Yeah I've heard of others doing that in the past with mixed results. In general, most programs don't divulge much info to applicants in regards to ranking before the Match. That sounds like a legitimate way to burn the bridge to matching at the home program. I wouldn't do that unless I was ranking my home program outside the top 5 at least.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Tough one. I would tell your #1 they are your number 1, especially if there are ties of some sort, geography, research etc, I did. IMO during residency I saw it made programs look more closely at an applicant if all else was equal. The reason our PD gave was people who really want to be there or have ties etc are more likely to be happy/ do well. I don't know if I buy that for GI with how competitive it is, you have to be happy wherever you end up, its a tough application process and we all know. With that said, I have seen fellows miserable from having to do long distance or at a program that was 6th on their list, so I can see that side of things

GastriqueGraffin

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2017
Don’t stress out so much. Most programs create their final rank list shortly after their interviews end and so for most programs that’s already been done. Send an email if it gives you peace of mind but it really wouldn’t matter.

cabergoline2

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I think it would only matter if some really big says something really strong about a candidate... (like society chair saying that this dude will win a nobel or be a society chair,cure cancer , stop global warming etc ..

Oct 14, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How are we supposed to respond to programs that email us indicating they are “very interested/considering us very highly” if we are either not sure yet regarding our match list or if we are planning on ranking them in the top group (2-5) but not 1?

Oct 30, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good Evening Everyone,

Looking for advice and just some supplemental info. As stated by one above I do have my own thoughts and data on programs but I am looking for others feedback because I am currently confused.

Please Give your Rank suggestions and maybe 1-2 lines on the following programs regarding pros and cons.

Ochsner New Orleans, Georgetown DC, VCU Richmond, UConn Harford, Lenox Hill NYC. and Geissinger Also the one I am most confused about is Georgetown Medstar. Everytime I mentioned this to someone at ACG they responded with how malignant they heard the program was. I like DC, I thought the staff seemed nice but the call schedule seemed very busy.

There are some very experienced and intelligent posters/moderators in this forum and I am genuinely looking for feed back. I am unsure about Academia vs Mix model. I def want to spend the last 10-15 years of my career in academia or teaching. I do not enjoy bench research but do enjoy clinical research. I have an interest in IBD and EUS. Ultimately plan to practice on the east coast but no particular region PA down to Atlanta Ga is open territory.

Greatly appreciate this

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Good Evening Everyone,

Looking for advice and just some supplemental info. As stated by one above I do have my own thoughts and data on programs but I am looking for others feedback because I am currently confused.

Please Give your Rank suggestions and maybe 1-2 lines on the following programs regarding pros and cons.

Ochsner New Orleans, Georgetown DC, VCU Richmond, UConn Harford, Lenox Hill NYC. and Geissinger Also the one I am most confused about is Georgetown Medstar. Everytime I mentioned this to someone at ACG they responded with how malignant they heard the program was. I like DC, I thought the staff seemed nice but the call schedule seemed very busy.

There are some very experienced and intelligent posters/moderators in this forum and I am genuinely looking for feed back. I am unsure about Academia vs Mix model. I def want to spend the last 10-15 years of my career in academia or teaching. I do not enjoy bench research but do enjoy clinical research. I have an interest in IBD and EUS. Ultimately plan to practice on the east coast but no particular region PA down to Atlanta Ga is open territory.

Greatly appreciate this
all calls in fellowship are busy, like very busy. I do not know even if you know the intensity of how busy the call are.
For the next 3 years you are very busy, calls, research, presentation, scutwork, calls, research, calls, more calls and covering clinic and calls and clinics and research with extra clinics and calls.

Go where ever you like since you already have all the feedback from ACG. you just didn't say you have IV at Georgetown.

My choice with the programs you listed I WOULD RANK Georgetown FIRST.

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Good Evening Everyone,

Greatly appreciate this
You are lucky to even get Georgetown.

About the Ads
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
How are we supposed to respond to programs that email us indicating they are “very interested/considering us very highly” if we are either not sure yet regarding our match list or if we are planning on ranking them in the top group (2-5) but not 1?
Thank you I am also very highly interested in your program and I do hope I will be granted the opportunity to work with your benevolent faculty,

Reactions: bitsofpi
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
how would you guys rank UAB, medstar Georgetown and UTMB?
UAB is a very strong program and is an excellent option for IMGs since they will for sure have a job secured after graduation at UAB. They are hiring faculties for various clinics and sub-divisions Within the program.

UTMB is also excellent since they have a full faculty and get too apply for funding and do extra master degree and be involved in research from year one.

Georgetown in the other hands although many, even i in the past have said had issues, is starting to pick up again. They have extremely strong advance and sub-specialty clinics and training. The advance cases and being in DC is a huge plus since almost all major development and endo-tech companies will approach and teach the fellows there. Yes lots of work but again if Anyone thinks GI fellowship is easy, will they in for a big surprise. It doesn’t matter where you go you will work from 6am to 7-8pm

My rank based on city life, patients encounters, airports, shopping, sport venues, jobs for spouse and my education is:
If I was ranking.

1. Georgetown
2. UTMB
3. UAB

Aug 19, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UAB is a very strong program and is an excellent option for IMGs since they will for sure have a job secured after graduation at UAB. They are hiring faculties for various clinics and sub-divisions Within the program.

UTMB is also excellent since they have a full faculty and get too apply for funding and do extra master degree and be involved in research from year one.

Georgetown in the other hands although many, even i in the past have said had issues, is starting to pick up again. They have extremely strong advance and sub-specialty clinics and training. The advance cases and being in DC is a huge plus since almost all major development and endo-tech companies will approach and teach the fellows there. Yes lots of work but again if Anyone thinks GI fellowship is easy, will they in for a big surprise. It doesn’t matter where you go you will work from 6am to 7-8pm

My rank based on city life, patients encounters, airports, shopping, sport venues, jobs for spouse and my education is:
If I was ranking.

1. Georgetown
2. UTMB
3. UAB

thank you. this is really helpful. Where would u put nyp Methodist on this list ?

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Can't stress enough how strong UAB is, even with Wilcox leaving. Yes Birmingham is not as attractive as DC or NYC, (UTMB is not Houston but close enough), but your training will the best of the 4 centers, its in a different tier entirely, as Enteroentericum said. From a purely 'academic' holistic view:

UAB>>>>>> UTMB>/= Georgetown> NYP

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Can't stress enough how strong UAB is, even with Wilcox leaving. Yes Birmingham is not as attractive as DC or NYC, (UTMB is not Houston but close enough), but your training will the best of the 4 centers, its in a different tier entirely, as Enteroentericum said. From a purely 'academic' holistic view:

UAB>>>>>> UTMB>/= Georgetown> NYP
From Academic Holistic view yes. Just ask where their last graduates 3 years of classes are practicing (please ask this from them)

OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
thank you. this is really helpful. Where would u put nyp Methodist on this list ?
I actually like NYP, Dr Kothari , Dr Grossman, Dr Weis... Awesome faculty, You get to see IBD and (motility via NYU-Lagone). Everything UAB has to offer and you.

Lots of endo and advance procedures.

Look when it comes to ranking rank based on where you want to be for 3 years. Have filters.
City
Spouse
Finding a spouse/ boyfriend or girlfriend
Finding a job
Cost of living
how much they pay
how many procedures
How many advanced procedures
How many hospitals you have to cover
Call coverage
Faculty is diversity
Diversity in the city
Future plans? Private vs Solo, Partnership, Semi-Academic, pure Academic.
Where their graduates are now?
Are you interested in Liver transplant, or just general liver?
Airports,
Venues
Shopping
Dinning
Family
Friends
Wellness

Do not rank based on what we tell you, rank based on what you want and how you feel

Oct 30, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
all calls in fellowship are busy, like very busy. I do not know even if you know the intensity of how busy the call are.
For the next 3 years you are very busy, calls, research, presentation, scutwork, calls, research, calls, more calls and covering clinic and calls and clinics and research with extra clinics and calls.

Go where ever you like since you already have all the feedback from ACG. you just didn't say you have IV at Georgetown.

My choice with the programs you listed I WOULD RANK Georgetown FIRST.
Thank you for this information.
"Georgetown in the other hands although many, even i in the past have said had issues, is starting to pick up again. They have extremely strong advance and sub-specialty clinics and training. The advance cases and being in DC is a huge plus since almost all major development and endo-tech companies will approach and teach the fellows there. Yes lots of work but again if Anyone thinks GI fellowship is easy, will they in for a big surprise. It doesn’t matter where you go you will work from 6am to 7-8pm "

I found this very helpful. And I think with the competitive nature of this field we are all lucky to have interviews period. Now entering the ranking phase, it is actually quite difficult and stressful. So everyone's input is much appreciated.

Reactions: hemosuccus
OP
ShiShiMD

ShiShiMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
East Coast
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
How would you guys rank VCU, UConn, Lenox Hill, Univ of Buffalo, Ochsner?
can you put your rank order list you your self created and submitting and tell us for each the impression you got at the interview and what is your plan after graduating.

this forum is for us to exchange ideas and help each other advance our career. We need you to be more active please and start explaining your impression from each program and how they interview was. This will help others in the future and will even help us have clear understanding of how many programs you are ranking, what your credentials are and most importantly will allow us to GUIDE YOU what you may or should do for your future plans after graduating from the fellowship program.

But to ask by 4 or 5 programs at a time is very confusing both for us and the future readers.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in order to make our community stronger.

nugget3

7+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2011
Status
Just curious if anyone had opinions on Kaiser SF GI fellowship program? I know the program is very young. Does this close doors in terms of potential jobs after fellowship. For example, you most likely will only be hired by Kaiser in the future?

How does Kaiser LA compare to other programs in SoCal?

nugget3

7+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2011
Status
I actually like NYP, Dr Kothari , Dr Grossman, Dr Weis... Awesome faculty, You get to see IBD and (motility via NYU-Lagone). Everything UAB has to offer and you.

Lots of endo and advance procedures.

Look when it comes to ranking rank based on where you want to be for 3 years. Have filters.
City
Spouse
Finding a spouse/ boyfriend or girlfriend
Finding a job
Cost of living
how much they pay
how many procedures
How many advanced procedures
How many hospitals you have to cover
Call coverage
Faculty is diversity
Diversity in the city
Future plans? Private vs Solo, Partnership, Semi-Academic, pure Academic.
Where their graduates are now?
Are you interested in Liver transplant, or just general liver?
Airports,
Venues
Shopping
Dinning
Family
Friends
Wellness

Do not rank based on what we tell you, rank based on what you want and how you feel
For those who have to factor in Spouse/Family, how much do you weight Prestige/Quality of Training versus having to move to a new area forcing your family to readjust with new job, new schools etc for 3 years. Is it 50/50 or does one weigh one much higher than the other? I'm sure some of you are having a tough time ranking something that is lower tier but easier for the family as opposed to vice versa. Thanks for any insight

Jul 18, 2018
UAB is an excellent program, I interviewed there and thought it was a great place. A strong, and underrated, aspect of the program is their VA Endoscopy volume. Their fellows pretty much run the screening program at their VA, and get tons of endoscopy experience as well as autonomy. Dont know much about the Georgetown program, but Im sure its great.

This is simply one GI fellows' opinion, but I ended up at a program with a VA where we have similar autonomy in the endoscopy unit and it has been really helpful for learning endoscopy. You get a high volume of procedures, a lot of experience with different techniques of polypectomy (nobody has polyps like old male veterans) as well as a lot of autonomy. Im not saying this is the only way to learn endoscopy, and obviously fellows at programs without VAs learn endoscopy just fine, but Im thankful I matched at a place with this experience. To each their own, but just food for thought for those applicants who are concerned about endoscopy volume.

Reactions: HPylori19
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
From Academic Holistic view yes. Just ask where their last graduates 3 years of classes are practicing (please ask this from them)
Quick perusal of their website showed some stayed, looked up fellows from when I interviewed, some left- they had the usual smattering of academic, pvt, advanced etc so really not sure what you mean. If its that they went to big cities, which they may well may have, in my book thats a win... the fellows are competitive beyond their regional market (isn't this why people go to Rochester?). Not true of all places.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
UAB is an excellent program, I interviewed there and thought it was a great place. A strong, and underrated, aspect of the program is their VA Endoscopy volume. Their fellows pretty much run the screening program at their VA, and get tons of endoscopy experience as well as autonomy. Dont know much about the Georgetown program, but Im sure its great.

This is simply one GI fellows' opinion, but I ended up at a program with a VA where we have similar autonomy in the endoscopy unit and it has been really helpful for learning endoscopy. You get a high volume of procedures, a lot of experience with different techniques of polypectomy (nobody has polyps like old male veterans) as well as a lot of autonomy. Im not saying this is the only way to learn endoscopy, and obviously fellows at programs without VAs learn endoscopy just fine, but Im thankful I matched at a place with this experience. To each their own, but just food for thought for those applicants who are concerned about endoscopy volume.
Probably didn't think about this when I interviewed but totally agree about the VAs. I think a ton of people owe a debt to the VAs for fantastic endoscopy training, especially early on. Several programs I interviewed highlighted the conscious/ moderate sedation or unsedated experience was entirely at the VA whereas their university/ tertiary care hospital were strict MAC/ prop cases (UTSW comes to mind, though there were many others)

GastriqueGraffin

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2017
For those who have to factor in Spouse/Family, how much do you weight Prestige/Quality of Training versus having to move to a new area forcing your family to readjust with new job, new schools etc for 3 years. Is it 50/50 or does one weigh one much higher than the other? I'm sure some of you are having a tough time ranking something that is lower tier but easier for the family as opposed to vice versa. Thanks for any insight
That’s entirely personal decision and I don’t think SDN or any stranger can answer for you. It’s important to have an honest discussion with your family. It’s a different question of IF GI somewhere or not at all versus which GI. In the latter example of which program I think it’s a matter of how selfish you are if it’s a place that could disrupt your family’s life. But again, I’m not the one you should be asking.

Reactions: hemosuccus
About the Ads