**Official 2020 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting!
DISCLAIMER: This is just a random guess. I do not have any direct knowledge of this, and if anyone has more information, feel free to chime in. My answer is based on the following assumption:

Every program must at least get 40-50 applicants.

Total number of programs (pros): 41
Average seats per program: 3

Assuming there are 123 residents per year, each program probably get at least 25% of the total applicants ( which is 30.) Add another 10-15 applicants of foreign trained dentists.
That brings the number to 40-50

The application is reviewed and they invite an average of 10 applicants to interview.

Of course, some programs get more applicants than others.

Members don't see this ad.

DISCLAIMER: This is just a random guess. I do not have any direct knowledge of this, and if anyone has more information, feel free to chime in. My answer is based on the following assumption:

Assuming there are 123 residents per year, each program probably get at least 25% of the total applicants ( which is 30.) Add another 10-15 applicants of foreign trained dentists.

The application is reviewed and they invite an average of 10 applicants to interview.

Instead of speculating, all the information can be found in this document in table 7.
https://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Science and Research/HPI/Files/SADV_2018-19.xlsx?la=en

Reactions: 2 users

Here is the link that categorizes each specialty total applicants, rankings as well as MATCH results (Page 2) for 2018-19 cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a qs about my NBDE scores.

I failed in my first attempt, and scored in the mid 90s on my second attempt. ( took it for granted and didn't really prepare the first time around like an idiot hehe)

I got like 3.5 GPA, good letters of recommendations, and a couple of years in private practice.

I wonder how the program directors will take this. Any thoughts?

As long as you have a solid reason for it, and are able to convey that you learnt from your failure, I think you should be fine!
I got a qs about my NBDE scores.

I failed in my first attempt, and scored in the mid 90s on my second attempt. ( took it for granted and didn't really prepare the first time around like an idiot hehe)

I got like 3.5 GPA, good letters of recommendations, and a couple of years in private practice.

I wonder how the program directors will take this. Any thoughts?

Did anyone receive a confirmation from OSU regarding completion of application?

Any invites? Or is it still too early?

Any invites? Or is it still too early?

I have not received any invitations yet.. I don't even know if any programs have started sending any

I went through the old thread -2019-2020 cycle, and it appears people started writing about the first few invitations around last week of July.
Based on this information, I think the schools might start sending invitations from next week. Again, it is purely speculation

Reactions: 1 user
I heard from UCONN last week and a classmate has heard from Alabama for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received interview invite via email to Montefiore.

All the best to everyone that landed interviews!

good luck dude...
I remember you telling me you had applied to the NY programs.

When is the interview

Thanks! Hopefully you hear back from your programs soon.
Interview is Sep 12.

Good luck!

Email from San Antonio just now. Interview September 3/4

Haha, it's just that the wait is killing me!
you could also see the general dates of interview invitations from last years thread. I wouldnt really beat myself over it. Just sit back and relax :)

Hello all,

Any update on Iowa and Minnesota pros interviews?

I received invitation from Harvard and San Antonio..

Is it worth spending a huge tuition for Harvard?

I'm not a 100% sure about this, and I didn't apply to Minnesota, but I think they start sending out invites as soon as PASS opens and they start receiving supplementals, as they encourage you to apply as soon as possible on their website. Nothing from Iowa yet; none that I know of!

Hello all,

Hello all,

I don't think it is... here's why

1. Double your student debt. Harvard tuition is expensive, as is living in Boston

2. Is Pros residency training really worth that money? Compare it to San Antonio man. You are paying less than 10K for San Antonio, and about 200K for Harvard.
Heck, there are programs like VA Pros, UCLA, Montefiore that pay you at least 50K per year as stipend

I would rather train in low cost, or better yet, programs with stipend. If I don't get in this year, I would rather work one more year, better my application by taking CE courses, shadowing Prosthodontists for LORs, visiting programs and networking, maybe even taking ADAT; and then apply next year again

But that's just me

It might be worth it if you are one of those people who are dead set on going to Harvard (like my brother. But he is pursuing a business degree, not dentistry)

Hi!
Can anyone please share their experiences with Pros program at Maryland University and Marquette Univeristy? Or anyone have any idea about the pros and cons regarding these two schools?
Thank you

Hi!
Can anyone please share their experiences with Pros program at Maryland University and Marquette Univeristy? Or anyone have any idea about the pros and cons regarding these two schools?
Thank you
I can speak for marquette, its a good program but they are not strong digitally.

Did u get interviews from these schools?

Hi!
Thank you

Maryland pros has a great reputation.

I got an interview invite from UIowa. Anyone else?

Hello all,

Hey did you get any email from harvard for the invite or just a phone call?

Would you rather go to Maryland or Tennessee? Maryland is v expensive and Tennessee is free lol

Would you rather go to Maryland or Tennessee? Maryland is v expensive and Tennessee is free lol

The destination is the same. Go to the one that gets you there for a lot less. UT provides a stipend too.

Just heard from OSU for an interview :)

Bro.. U answered your own question..

Expensive VS FREE or Stipend ( you paying a LOT vs you getting paid)

In my limited experience (been practicing for a couple of years), the best doctors are those that put in the most effort. into learning. Most accredited programs are good, but you can be a great prosthodontist by attending any program if you go beyond the bare minimum.

My only preference would be to be paid while going to school.

Just received interview at Manhattan VA for Sep 24th.

Any one got notifications from??
  • Rutgers
  • Columbia
  • Indiana
  • Tufts
  • Nova southeastern
  • Upenn
  • USC
  • San Antonio

Any one got notifications from??
  • Rutgers
  • Columbia
  • Indiana
  • Tufts
  • Nova southeastern
  • Upenn
  • USC
  • San Antonio
I heard UT San Antonio has started sending out invites; I am not sure about other programs.

Good luck.

I want to apply to USC. I thought it'd be early to apply as the deadline in NOV. But, I guess I have to send my application out as I am almost ready.

Did you hear back from USC?