• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

**Official 2021 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

dentotaku

Apr 18, 2020
  1. Dental Student
I went ahead and made one of these so we can all freak out together and not alone *especially with the RONA ruining everything*
Please introduce yourself, where you're at on your dental journey and where you want to apply!
By the way, is anyone else worried that their application might get delayed because of this? At my school, ranks are not getting done until much later in the year.

About the Ads

DMD-DOC

Apr 21, 2016
  1. DDS/DMD-PhD Student
Lets start this off right..... Fill this out as much as possible to help each other know where we stand.
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews Attended/Programs Ranked:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency:
International Student (yes/no):
GPA:
Class Rank:

DMD-DOC

Apr 21, 2016
  1. DDS/DMD-PhD Student
I have, got tired of getting on the website and just turned it in! Where are you applying?
Im from California so I applied to the CA programs.
3.7 GPA
Classrank 20/78
Rona has really messed things up. I am still awaiting 2 more LOR and Institutional Eval. School administration is too busy worrying about how to get the school opened up again.

Reactions: 1 user

dentotaku

Apr 18, 2020
  1. Dental Student
Im from California so I applied to the CA programs.
3.7 GPA
Classrank 20/78
Rona has really messed things up. I am still awaiting 2 more LOR and Institutional Eval. School administration is too busy worrying about how to get the school opened up again.
Rank 16/102, 3.8 GPA, same, I’m waiting for a LOR from a professor but she’s so busy right now trying to get the school open! I also heard interviews might be via zoom, I think I’ll prefer that cause it’ll save so much money!!

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

denpros99

7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2014
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello, good luck to everyone with your applications.
Do you think the personal statement needs to be different for each school? On google I read it's meant to be the same for all schools when applying for graduate education. However, on PASS the PS is to be uploaded on the program materials, so I suppose this is only seen by the individual program and hence could be customized for each program?
Many thanks in advance

drprosss

Jun 16, 2019
  1. Dentist
Do you think the personal statement needs to be different for each school? On google I read it's meant to be the same for all schools when applying for graduate education. However, on PASS the PS is to be uploaded on the program materials, so I suppose this is only seen by the individual program and hence could be customized for each program?
Many thanks in advance
I personalized it for each program. Thought this makes more sense!

dentotaku

Apr 18, 2020
  1. Dental Student
Many thanks in advance
I used one for everything because I felt like I wanted to represent myself a certain way, and if the school likes me then they pick me! And honestly I didn’t know enough about the program to authentically personalize my personal statement to each program! Do what feels right to you!

About the Ads

AHprosth

5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2016
  1. Dental Student
Congrats and good luck! I applied to Ohio States, but I did not receive any invitation nor a complete application email. I hope they send other invitations after their deadline.
Thanks! I'm sure they'll continue to send emails. I also did not receive a confirmation email for application completion but I emailed them and they told me it was complete. I think it's still early considering the pandemic situation.

About the Ads

drprosss

Jun 16, 2019
  1. Dentist
1. Ohio State University: 09/ 14, 21, 28 (email and over zoom)
2. University of Iowa: 08/ 7 (email and over zoom)
3. Herman Ostrow of USC: 07/27 to 08/13 (email and over zoom)
4. Marquette University: 08/31 or 09/1,2 ( email and over GoToMeeting)

dentotaku

Apr 18, 2020
  1. Dental Student
5. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center: 08/28, 09/04, 09/18 (email and zoom/in person)

Reactions: 2 users

DMD-DOC

Apr 21, 2016
  1. DDS/DMD-PhD Student
5. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center: 08/28, 09/04, 09/18 (email and zoom/in person)
I love this list! keep updating it everyone, it helps us all.

dentotaku

Apr 18, 2020
  1. Dental Student
Why is Iowa doing interviews before their deadline? Do they not consider applicants anymore? Because the deadline is August 15
[/QUOTE
Why is Iowa doing interviews before their deadline? Do they not consider applicants anymore? Because the deadline is August 15

Most schools are interviewing before the deadline, some schools up there have deadlines in September and even November, and they are already interviewing

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.