**Official 2021 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentotaku

Reaction score
I went ahead and made one of these so we can all freak out together and not alone *especially with the RONA ruining everything*
Please introduce yourself, where you're at on your dental journey and where you want to apply!
By the way, is anyone else worried that their application might get delayed because of this? At my school, ranks are not getting done until much later in the year.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there are any current unfilled residency programs for 2020 post match?

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school is not doing ranks for Spring semester.. Fall semester ranks are used in transcripts..

Lets start this off right..... Fill this out as much as possible to help each other know where we stand.
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews Attended/Programs Ranked:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency:
International Student (yes/no):
GPA:
Class Rank:

This Thread is quiet.....Anyone submit their applications yet?

hi all, can you advise me nice pros programs which also give us good/decent experience in implant surgeries and implant restorations?

Our school is not doing ranks for Spring semester.. Fall semester ranks are used in transcripts..
my school ended up doing temporary ranks! we are supposed to update our application when the "real" ranks come out in December

hi all, can you advise me nice pros programs which also give us good/decent experience in implant surgeries and implant restorations?
Honestly I think your best bet would be talking to the residents at your schools, they would know a lot more!

This Thread is quiet.....Anyone submit their applications yet?
hi. yes i did to couple of schools. Was wondering if anyone applied to OSU. Did they cash the check yet? I sent mine like two weeks ago but not yet been deposited.

I have, got tired of getting on the website and just turned it in! Where are you applying?
Im from California so I applied to the CA programs.
3.7 GPA
Classrank 20/78
Rona has really messed things up. I am still awaiting 2 more LOR and Institutional Eval. School administration is too busy worrying about how to get the school opened up again.

Reactions: 1 user
Im from California so I applied to the CA programs.
3.7 GPA
Classrank 20/78
Rona has really messed things up. I am still awaiting 2 more LOR and Institutional Eval. School administration is too busy worrying about how to get the school opened up again.
Rank 16/102, 3.8 GPA, same, I’m waiting for a LOR from a professor but she’s so busy right now trying to get the school open! I also heard interviews might be via zoom, I think I’ll prefer that cause it’ll save so much money!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, good luck to everyone with your applications.
Do you think the personal statement needs to be different for each school? On google I read it's meant to be the same for all schools when applying for graduate education. However, on PASS the PS is to be uploaded on the program materials, so I suppose this is only seen by the individual program and hence could be customized for each program?
Many thanks in advance

Do you think the personal statement needs to be different for each school? On google I read it's meant to be the same for all schools when applying for graduate education. However, on PASS the PS is to be uploaded on the program materials, so I suppose this is only seen by the individual program and hence could be customized for each program?
Many thanks in advance
I personalized it for each program. Thought this makes more sense!

Many thanks in advance
I used one for everything because I felt like I wanted to represent myself a certain way, and if the school likes me then they pick me! And honestly I didn’t know enough about the program to authentically personalize my personal statement to each program! Do what feels right to you!

Thank you very much guys! It’s good to know I can do it either way

Rank 16/102, 3.8 GPA, same, I’m waiting for a LOR from a professor but she’s so busy right now trying to get the school open! I also heard interviews might be via zoom, I think I’ll prefer that cause it’ll save so much money!!
I think most programs will do Zoom interviews.

Hi all. Has anyone received any interview invite yet? I got complete application email from BU, Tufts, Indiana, UAB, UF, and nova.

Hi all. Has anyone received any interview invite yet? I got complete application email from BU, Tufts, Indiana, UAB, UF, and nova.
Nothing yet... still waiting.... how early did they start interviewing last year??

Nothing yet... still waiting.... how early did they start interviewing last year??
The majority of the programs did it starting early Sep, though some non-match programs (like USC) did some in Aug.

Just got an invitation from USC. Interviews will be held through ZOOM.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Ana good luck! Could you give more information about what they said?

They gave me a handful of interview dates to choose from and they said they accept on a rolling basis. That’s about it.

Received USC Interview invite. Im super pumped.

Good luck to those who got USC's interview. I did not apply there, still waiting for the east coast programs. Fingers crossed!

Recieved an invitation from the University of Iowa last week.

Got an invitation from Ohio State. All through ZOOM and if I’m not mistaken, it’s an all day process... not sure how but it says it starts at 9am and ends at 5pm..

Congrats and good luck! I applied to Ohio States, but I did not receive any invitation nor a complete application email. I hope they send other invitations after their deadline.
Thanks! I'm sure they'll continue to send emails. I also did not receive a confirmation email for application completion but I emailed them and they told me it was complete. I think it's still early considering the pandemic situation.

Got an invitation from Ohio State. All through ZOOM and if I’m not mistaken, it’s an all day process... not sure how but it says it starts at 9am and ends at 5pm..
Congratulations! Could you tell me why you applied there and your stats if you dint mind?

Congratulations! Could you tell me why you applied there and your stats if you dint mind?
Thanks! And I’m a D4 at Ohio State. Lol And very average stats .

Congrats and good luck. Can you please share the dates of the interview? All the best!

Congrats and good luck. Can you please share the dates of the interview? All the best!

They gave me three options (all Mondays in September) and I chose September 14th!

Please keep adding to the list!

1. OSU: 09/ 14, 21, 28 (email and over zoom)

1. Ohio State University: 09/ 14, 21, 28 (email and over zoom)
2. University of Iowa: 08/ 7 (email and over zoom)
3. Herman Ostrow of USC: 07/27 to 08/13 (email and over zoom)

4. Marquette University: 08/31 or 09/1,2 ( email and over GoToMeeting)

5. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center: 08/28, 09/04, 09/18 (email and zoom/in person)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone applied to NYU?

5. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center: 08/28, 09/04, 09/18 (email and zoom/in person)
I love this list! keep updating it everyone, it helps us all.

Why is Iowa doing interviews before their deadline? Do they not consider applicants anymore? Because the deadline is August 15

Why is Iowa doing interviews before their deadline? Do they not consider applicants anymore? Because the deadline is August 15
[/QUOTE

Most schools are interviewing before the deadline, some schools up there have deadlines in September and even November, and they are already interviewing

Is Iowa a match program? If it’s not, they may be accepting on a rolling basis and maybe that’s why.

Anyone heard anything from UT San Antonio or UNC yet?

Hi! Any update about UT Houston program?

Last week was kinda quite. Hope we hear more updates this week.

Reactions: 5 users