1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

OFFICIAL AAMC MCAT 2015 IS OUT!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Next Step Tutor, 10.01.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Next Step Tutor

Next Step Tutor MCAT Guru 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN
    Sponsor
    Important update folks - the AAMC have finally released their first (and only!!!!) official practice test for MCAT 2015. It's only $25 and should be at the top of every student's list of important prep materials.

Good luck!! :)

- Bryan

cafeverona likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Make Or Break

Make Or Break 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Woot woot! Even though I took the MCAT already, I will probably still buy this just to see what has changed.

This is the only downside:
    "While you’ll get information on how you did, an estimated MCAT score cannot be provided since the Sample Test was created before the new MCAT exam has been administered. The questions in this Sample Test were all written by the exam developers. Some questions may be from previous exams and practice tests. "

4. litotes

litotes

Pre-Medical
    WOW and this is the only test those of us testing next year will get to practice. So we're going to have to go into the exam having essentially no idea how we realistically might be scoring. F-ck the AAMC

Anyways, I'll be testing in August and starting review around May 1st. Should I take this at the outset as a diagnostic, or should I save it until close to the end? I'm leaning towards the former since (as stated above) it doesn't even give a score so probably not that useful going right into the exam

5. Next Step Tutor

Next Step Tutor MCAT Guru 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN
    Sponsor
    Exactly. I'm sure the AAMC will continue to update but at the moment, the feedback you get is REALLY anemic. You don't even get the breakdown by difficulty / core concept / reasoning skill the way you would on the current AAMC practice tests.

It's excellent practice, to be sure, but as a product this practice test feels pretty... I dunno... "cheesy" would be the word for it.

Ultimately, we've got no choice. The Official Guide and this Practice Test are literally our only options.

So I'd suggest that you take it immediately at the beginning just to get the feel for what you're up against. Take a look at your %'s to help you get a better feel for where you need to put in more time. Then do your 3-5 months of prep and then come back and re-do a week or three before your MCAT just to get one last "simulation" of what test day will feel like.

Good luck! :)

About the ads