**** Official Acceptance Thread for MWU-AZ C/O 2015 ****

SoulPower

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw that there was no thread yet for MWU-AZ accepted so here it is. Look forward to meeting all of you! So pumped.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the phone call. Same Dr. that interviewed me. The website still hasn't updated it but i'm in. I really really really like MWU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who got the call. To those who did not, don't lose hope. There will still be more interviews and more acceptances for many more months to come:)

Congratulations to those who got the call. To those who did not, don't lose hope. There will still be more interviews and more acceptances for many more months to come:)

is that all the calling they'll be doing today?

just got the call from dr. polk @ midwestern-AZ !

I'm in too!!! As of right now, this is where I'll be attending. Plus, I LOVE PHOENIX!!! :thumbup:

I still feel like I'm dreaming. :love:

The secretary apparently made a mistake and Dr. Polk called my home phone this morning at 7:15 AM rather than my cell phone. He talked to my dad because I was asleep, ha ha! I got in! DREAM COME TRUE! I can't wait to meet you all in the Fall!

P.S. - Were any of you at the November 16 interview?

Still no call...but the MWU website has my matriculation info all updated! I really hope they're not messing with me!

So has everyone who has been accepted to MWU-AZ now had something show up in their "accepted student checklist" on the midwestern website?

Members don't see this ad :)
This was by far my favorite out of nine interviews and 5 acceptances! MWU!!! See you guys in the fall there I am in!!! Let's get a facebook group going! Where is everyone from? Utah here.

I loved Midwestern and I couldn't be more happy to get accepted there. I am so happy I got the phone call!!!!

So has everyone who has been accepted to MWU-AZ now had something show up in their "accepted student checklist" on the midwestern website?

I just checked right now and it's all in there!

Hey guys! Got my call this morning at 7:55
I have to debate between mwu and usc right now, but hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Anybody having trouble with the pre-requisites? I took 3 credits of anatomy cause that's all they offer for human anatomy at my college and they say I need to find 1 credit somewhere. I'm also disappointed that my upper level bacteriology course w/ lab isn't covered under the microbiology w/ lab pre req which is a 200 level course at my school. So now I'm trying to get into these classes that are completely full at every school near me that offers them.

Pretty disappointed if I can't matriculate to MWU because of this.

Anybody having trouble with the pre-requisites? I took 3 credits of anatomy cause that's all they offer for human anatomy at my college and they say I need to find 1 credit somewhere. I'm also disappointed that my upper level bacteriology course w/ lab isn't covered under the microbiology w/ lab pre req which is a 200 level course at my school. So now I'm trying to get into these classes that are completely full at every school near me that offers them.

I have the exact same situation with my anatomy and molecular bio classes. I just called them and the admissions counselor said that we need to write them a letter describing the class that took and then what we want to substitute it for. It goes to the admissions committee and then they say yes or no.

I know exactly how you feel. I was missing anatomy and microbio, and I had to go and take them before matriculation. It was kind of a pain, but I was able to get it done and here I am, getting ready to start another hour of lecture on the CNS/PNS in dental school! It may seem like jsut a hoop to jump through, but it's better than applying again next year :D

I have the exact same situation with my anatomy and molecular bio classes. I just called them and the admissions counselor said that we need to write them a letter describing the class that took and then what we want to substitute it for. It goes to the admissions committee and then they say yes or no.

Did you take the anatomy class at BYU? If you did, the anatomy department has a letter that they can send to Midwestern basically saying that although it's only worth 3 credit hours, it requires the work of a 4 credit hour class (it sure did!). That's what I had to do, and they accepted it. Contact the anatomy department and they can get it going.

Is that true that you can substitute it? The guy I talk was kind of a dick and said it HAD to say microbiology and that was the only thing that mattered. But looking over my course syllabi it's like bacteriology is the same course just harder. Very interesting though, I might have to give that a try. Cause like I said there are NO classes available and people won't drop from them so I can't get in until like February. Way beyond the 30 day down payment thing.

Is that true that you can substitute it? The guy I talk was kind of a dick and said it HAD to say microbiology and that was the only thing that mattered. But looking over my course syllabi it's like bacteriology is the same course just harder. Very interesting though, I might have to give that a try. Cause like I said there are NO classes available and people won't drop from them so I can't get in until like February. Way beyond the 30 day down payment thing.

You don't have to have the class done, or even be registered for the class before you make the deposit. It just has to be done by the end of August. Do what you can talking to them about the bacteriology class, but if they still won't take it, you'll have 8 months to get micro done (you can even do it at a CC).

if they accept online courses, you could take it through rio salado.

got a call from Dr. Polk at 10am! aadsas is updated to "offer made"!!! let's go class of 2015! congrats to everyone!

Got the call this morning at about 7:10 on my commute, almost rear-ended the car in front of me! Cannot believe how freaking excited I am...

happy dance, happy dance, happy dance:laugh::laugh:

got a call around 10am from dr. polk! congrats everyone, can't wait to meet you all!

do you know exactly when we have to send in the deposit?

Congrats to everyone who made it in! I've been loving it here so far. :)

To those who haven't heard good news yet, don't lose hope. I didn't even interview here until after December 1st last cycle so don't give up. :thumbup:

Congrats to those who've been accepted to the class of 2015 so far. Midwestern is a great school, you'll love it here! If you have any questions about the program, what classes are like, etc feel free to send me a quick message. You can also post questions on the Class of 2014 Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=199477333280)

Congrats again, looking forward to seeing you in Fall 2011 :)

Last edited:
Congrats everyone that has been accepted! Just a quick note regarding pre-reqs.. for those worried (like I was last year).. you need to have them complete before orientation, so you're able to take them in the summer! I took anatomy and micro this summer, and as horrible as it was giving up part of my free time before school started, it has REALLY helped so far with course work! It is all still really fresh in my mind.. and it cuts down my study time in a big way.

Anyways, if any of you have any questions at all about the school (curriculum, environment.. anything!) PM me!

Congrats again!

I also got the call from Dr. Zais very early in the morning CST. See you all there next fall!

To all accepted MWU students: are any of you choosing MWU over a much cheaper school you received acceptance to? If so, could you list your reasons? Thanks!

Is anybody who got accepted and plans on attending MWU-AZ from the September 15th group?

To all accepted MWU students: are any of you choosing MWU over a much cheaper school you received acceptance to? If so, could you list your reasons? Thanks!

Hey Rick,
I was accepted to 3 other schools and while they aren't way cheaper, they are all cheaper. MWU AZ really impressed me with the way they structured the school and curriculum and especially the clinics. They seem to have streamlined a lot of things. What put me over was talking to students in their 2nd year and the different schools I interviewed at. the students at MWU already have the boards behind them and are focusing on clinical work, none of the balancing act with clinics, labs, prep. for boards that make the 2nd year hellish at some of the other schools. They also have a huge emphasis on private practice from my understanding, more so than any other place I interviewed. There was only one quasi-in state program that I applied to (and ultimately got waitlisted at) and even though it would have saved 200k, I would have had a hard time attending there because (in my opinion) MWU is set up far better.

Got in YAY. Im torn between here and NYU (they are giving me a pretty big scholarship). Any advice?

Thanks

It's official, I just forked out my $1000 and we're coming to Arizona!!! My wife and I visited this last Friday and she could see why I wanted to go to MWU-AZ so bad. Good luck passing all your classes and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

It's official, I just forked out my $1000 and we're coming to Arizona!!! My wife and I visited this last Friday and she could see why I wanted to go to MWU-AZ so bad. Good luck passing all your classes and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Your DAT scores are ridiculous. :eek: I see you went to BYU...love the school, I grew up around there. Go mormons. :laugh: :smuggrin:

Thanks, lmaozedong1. Why'd you switch to Washington over MWU?

Ya know, I REALLY wanted to go to MWU, but the cost of UW is just too good to pass. Plus, I LOVE Seattle. I was really close to still going to MWU due to the weather, lifestyle, and friends in Phoenix. It really was a hard decision though.

I sympathize. I wish I could go to MWU but cost is making me choose another school.

I agree - if I weren't doing military it would be a lot harder to justify going to MWU. My instate school (Indiana) just didn't compare to MWU and I could see myself regretting it if I went there.

Great news! I'm glad things worked out the way you'd hoped! It was great meeting you and your wife last week, let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Let me know when you move down, so we can help you move in.

Congrats again!