*****Official acceptance thread for University of the Pacific c/o 2015*****

suhshi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
get out the champagne bottles and be ready for the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE THAT TO CLASS OF 2014

sorry got too excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
get out the champagne bottles and be ready for the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that work and we made it into one of the top schools in the nation! Oh and its class of 2014!

Yeah definitely time to celebrate, any idea how long we have to decide to place a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
People getting the call today have until 1/14 unless I'm remembering wrong.

Ya, Pacific told me that they give the full 45 days...none of this 30 day crap

Did they call you or just change your status to "offer made"?

both. Though I noticed the call first

They told me that at my interview...however, my status on AADSAS has changed to "offer made"...no phone call yet though

"Offer Made" on AADSAS and status update on the Pacific Dental site to "Accepted", both dated 11/30/2010. :D Still not even 10AM right now, so no call yet.

I just got my call...I am so pumped to be accepted at UoP!

I just got my call of acceptance from UOP!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok just got my call too :laugh:

Congrats to everyone :thumbup:

It must be nice to get through dental school in only 3 years!

I got my call today too! Definitely an exciting day!

Congrats everyone!!!! Looking forward to meet all of you starting July!!!! Hey....take a NICE vacation while you have thee chance to. It's a great great program and I love it here, but it's tough!!! Get yourself mentally and if you can, physically ready for your 1st year!!! It excites me to have my own little bro/sis next year:)

congrats to all future D1 students! damn lookin forward to July..

So, this is pretty random, but I have a funny question. Now that acceptances have been given out, I am sure that some of you are thinking that you won't be trying as hard in school. This is my dilemma...with Pacific, you have to get B's. So my question is: Can those be B-'s? Also, does the "B rule" apply to only pre-reqs? Or does it apply to all classes?

So, this is pretty random, but I have a funny question. Now that acceptances have been given out, I am sure that some of you are thinking that you won't be trying as hard in school. This is my dilemma...with Pacific, you have to get B's. So my question is: Can those be B-'s? Also, does the "B rule" apply to only pre-reqs? Or does it apply to all classes?

I imagine our acceptance packet will have clearer details. Anyone made a Facebook group yet?

Congrats everyone!!
I have a very random question, and I figured by asking you guys that you all could give an unbias opinion. :)
I am from a state that doesn't have a dental school, and I got accepted as an outstate dental student to UMKC, LSU, and Tennessee. I am having trouble deciding between them. How would you guys rank these schools? Which ones would you go to,and why?
I have talked to several people and at 3 schools, but, of course, there is a bias towards their school. I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Anyone hear back from UoP recently? As in interview invite or acceptance? Does anyone know when Pacific usually interviews until?

Anyone hear back from UoP recently? As in interview invite or acceptance? Does anyone know when Pacific usually interviews until?

Well I have an interview in early February, peerless who is currently a student said he interviewed last year in March. Being that UOP is expensive I anticipate they will interview like last year until March or later. I just wish I knew if now they are interviewing for alternate positions still or not.

Just got my acceptance call today!!! I can't wait!!!! :eek: Good luck to everyone. This was my third time applying. Man, what a journey.

Accepted! yay!!

And to eringer: Get B's, not B-'s, in all your classes. Fall semester they are more forgiving but spring semester not as much... It shouldn't be that hard to get B's in GEs anyways, bio classes might be a bit more difficult but its all good :p

I'm in!!!! I'll be seeing you all this coming July!

Congratulations everyone! :D

May UOP bring you good experiences and happiness.

I just got accepted today, too. :soexcited: See ya all there!!!!

My interview is coming up and I am very excited. Does anyone know when UOP will start to interview for wait-list positions? When I scheduled my interview there was no mention, but I want to know. Thanks in advance, and congrats to those recently accepted!!

My interview is coming up and I am very excited. Does anyone know when UOP will start to interview for wait-list positions? When I scheduled my interview there was no mention, but I want to know. Thanks in advance, and congrats to those recently accepted!!

There are 2 dates for the waitlist interview: Feb 17 and 24.

Good luck Punch!

Was accepted this morning. Wooohooo!

Interviewed 01/27/11

Join the facebook if you have one :) Is this thread banned or something? Why can't I see it on the forum unless I search for it?

Join the facebook if you have one :) Is this thread banned or something? Why can't I see it on the forum unless I search for it?
I still see it haha. But sometimes when I scroll down I pass over it. I'm too used to seeing "UoP" and not "pacific."

I did as well, has your AADSAS status change from invited for interview to accepted?

I did as well, did your AADSAS change from invited to interview to offer extended?

Was accepted this morning. Wooohooo!

Interviewed 01/27/11
Congrats, I did as well. Did they update AADSAS for you? Do you know the website to check for UOP? I cant find it for some reason

Congrats, I did as well. Did they update AADSAS for you? Do you know the website to check for UOP? I cant find it for some reason

Oh...sorry, this thread slides down the page faster than you could believe. Hmmmm... The only update I got was at the UoP portal and the acceptance letter in snailmail (Denticles11 was kind enough to provide the link.)
I don't expect anything from, or bother checking AADSAS anymore.

Does UoP accept international students for their 3-year DDS program (not advanced standing)?

Yes Pacific does take students who are not citiziens. The person who sits next to me in the sim lab is from Korea with a student visa.

Oh wait, I forgot to mention this. The person did her undergrad here in the US so I don't know if this will fit your situation.

So I was just accepted to UOP recently. However, I put my deposit down at Louisville back in December, I loved it there too. I want the opinions of those who will be attending on how they feel about UOP? I am torn between both schools.

So I was just accepted to UOP recently. However, I put my deposit down at Louisville back in December, I loved it there too. I want the opinions of those who will be attending on how they feel about UOP? I am torn between both schools.

As soon as I got this interview I cancelled every other interview I had after. 3 years to be turned into one of the most qualified dentists in the country, in a humanistic surrounding. Not to mention I can toss my beach poster that I have in my room currently and just look out the window when I feel like seeing a beach view. I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, but most would agree with me when I say SF>KY. Come join the UoP family!