• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Official AEGD thread for international dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painted the air

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am opening this thread to discuss the different AEGD programs that accept foreign trained dentists ... pros / cons , elligibilty for applying . i know that Rochester - uconn and marquette accept ftds any one can provide further info ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
rochester will start acceptances in February...thats wat the program director confirmed!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know how to go about applying? the site mentions "Stay tuned for information on the 2013 application process." when i go to application page!! :confused:

do you guys know how to go about applying? the site mentions "Stay tuned for information on the 2013 application process." when i go to application page!! :confused:

the new application cycle for 2013 hasnt started yet , i think it starts in april

Hi,
I applied for LMC- AEGD , does anyone heard about this program or applied there??
I cant find any review about the program...
and good luck everybody

Hi,
I applied for LMC- AEGD , does anyone heard about this program or applied there??
I cant find any review about the program...
and good luck everybody
Hi! Which LMC program did you apply to?

I applied to all Arizona state centers... Did you get any invites or interview appointment from them ?

the only thing i know about LMC is that you need green card to apply they dont help you get a visa , unless u have opt ... i think they take reasonable number of residents ... good luck :)

Hi ! I live in Arizona and this is the first time I hear about LMC program. My understanding was that I could not go for any program here ,except the regular 4 years in order for me to apply for licensure. So am I wrong? please someone orient me, I was thinking about moving of state because of this, now I have my hopes, I would love to stay.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
most states require you to do advanced standing program , which is a 2 year program that gives you DDS , few states u can get license , with doing postgraduate dental program , i dont know what works in Arizona , but i am pretty sure that if u are a foreign dental graduate all you need is 2 years ... i dont think any states force you to do 4 ..

most states require you to do advanced standing program , which is a 2 year program that gives you DDS , few states u can get license , with doing postgraduate dental program , i dont know what works in Arizona , but i am pretty sure that if u are a foreign dental graduate all you need is 2 years ... i dont think any states force you to do 4 ..

Hi,
Please let me know about the toefl requirement for Aegd programs,do all need toefl ??? what does LMC stand for?? I am an international dentist,could you please suggest which states are less competetive? i am based at Maryland...
Thank you.
sabrina
email is [email protected]

Has anyone applied to the uconn AEGD program this year???

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply to UF AEGD program in Hialeah dental center, and got an interview call/email?

yes.. but heard nothing from them yet.. wat abt u?
Yeah me neither, I havent even got a acknowledgement email or anything.... I dont know when they will start sending interview invitations :'(

yeah.. I'm waiting too.. dont know how many international students dey call for interview?

got waitlisted for interview for boston aegd.. any1 who got an interview?

got waitlisted for interview for boston aegd.. any1 who got an interview?

i got waitlisted too this year! Did you hear back last year? how was the interview?