*~*~*~* Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

AquaticSunrise13

5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just realized after submitting my application quite some time ago that I forgot to add another university along with the courses/grades for them into AMCAS (as I didn't have access to those in progress grades until late September). Is there any way I can add a university along with the courses/grades for it as I don't see an option to do that now. This means resubmitting and recalculating GPA as well. Thank you.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I just realized after submitting my application quite some time ago that I forgot to add another university along with the courses/grades for them into AMCAS (as I didn't have access to those in progress grades until late September). Is there any way I can add a university along with the courses/grades for it as I don't see an option to do that now. This means resubmitting and recalculating GPA as well. Thank you.
1) once you submit AMCAS, it is now final. There is no way to add coursework to a submitted and verfication
2) it is up to you to have known about these grades prior to submitting AMCAS. Failure to include them could void your application
3) if we are talking about just a couple of courses, along with issues in Current pandemic, you need to write a VERY BRIEF letter along with a copy of the transcript to the schools. Either all of them now or wait until acceptance and submit apology and info then as a “mea culpa”

About the Ads
Mar 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?

EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?
Better to mention them in your PS than listing as an activity.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.