Quantcast

*~*~*~* Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stethoscopes

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?

EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know the general advice regarding high school activities is to only use them if we continued to do the activity later.
I attended a health sciences/medical sciences academy in high school which included a lot of introductory premed classes, volunteer work, and some clinical exposure. I also competed in a national health science org and placed at that level/was a state-level leader. I didn't end up continuing with the org through undergrad but only because I felt like I had done all that could be done there after high school.

I was thinking of including all this as one 'activity' on the application. Any advice?
Better to mention them in your PS than listing as an activity.

milanooooooo

Reaction score
Highly recommend also subscribing to healthcare huddle for weekly newsletters about relevant topics in the news. Here is the link to subscribe Healthcare Huddle