****Official April 2006 MCAT Study Group****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPersistent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new SDNer here. I thought it would be nice to have an official chat for the April MCAT people. I for one am starting to study today. Im going to use the TPR review books, Kaplan topican questions, EK question and verbal, and audio osmosis.

Does anyone have any verbal advice? Thanks!!

BTW this will be my fourth time taking it. So people retaking it, dont feel bad. Just look at me, I may be an idiot for taking it a fourth time, but its my dream, I have to give it one more chance...if it doesnt go well, here I come SGU!!!

Let the studying begin!!!

Members don't see this ad.

verbal advice?

use your hand to guide your eyes across the page (good for all sections really, your stressed out, and your eye patterns will really show it by shooting glances all over the page severely slowing you down, and reducing comprehension). other than that, everyone has their strategies, I like to read the passage straight through really well the first time, and then i usually dont have to go back for answers or i know exactly where to look.

Doc.Holliday said:
verbal advice?

use your hand to guide your eyes across the page (good for all sections really, your stressed out, and your eye patterns will really show it by shooting glances all over the page severely slowing you down, and reducing comprehension). other than that, everyone has their strategies, I like to read the passage straight through really well the first time, and then i usually dont have to go back for answers or i know exactly where to look.

Ohh never thought about using a guide hand...Im gonna try that out. Yeah I just cant seem to find the verbal strategy that is consistent for me. Im at it again though:)

yea, i didnt use it on the mcat, wish id have known (next time!), but i took a speed reading class for fun, and that was the most important tip i got from it. and ive been reading mountains of dev. bio papers this past week, and its really helped me stay concentrated on the page...

Members don't see this ad :)
That hand trick is neat, I think I will give it a try myself!

I have found few things that make my scores in VR better, but losing concentration can make them a heck of a lot worse. I try to fool myself into being interested in the passages, particularly important for philosophy/law/government sort of stuff. That and doing tons of passages has made me a lot better, you will start to recognize some of the important details after lots of practice.

"Don't read out loud in your head." That's what my TPR verbal teacher told us, and it makes sense (if you know what I'm referring to).

For me, part of my final two weeks was spent learning how to read without "reading out loud" in my head.

The EKVerbal 101 book probably saved me too.

mine does not start until spring cos my course load this semester is overwhelming.

Doc.Holliday said:
verbal advice?

I never thought about that! My eyes do shoot all over the page when I'm nervous. That happened during PS. Thank you! :thumbup:

Mister Pie said:
"Don't read out loud in your head." That's what my TPR verbal teacher told us, and it makes sense (if you know what I'm referring to).

For me, part of my final two weeks was spent learning how to read without "reading out loud" in my head.

The EKVerbal 101 book probably saved me too.

How do you not read out loud in your head?? :confused:

karlin009 said:
How do you not read out loud in your head?? :confused:

Don't try to avoid it, the more you try to avoid it the more you will read out loud in your head :)

^lol
I always read out loud in my head. Even the tone of voice changes depending on my mood. So no "voice heard" when reading? That seems abnormal to me.
This is going to be my project!

karlin009 said:
^lol
I always read out loud in my head. Even the tone of voice changes depending on my mood. So no "voice heard" when reading? That seems abnormal to me.
This is going to be my project!

i wouldn't lose sleep over it, if I was you

what they are saying is instead of exagerating the material in your head like your reading it to yourself, understand it, "be one with the material", dont let it just be something your reading through. when you really want to understand something, and your having trouble, people tend to just think if they think about the words really hard then it will be ok. NO NO NO. UNDERSTAND IT. if it's not flowing in your head like you know it then your not going to be able to recall it. I can see myself reading out loud 'bout some boring topic and along with reading out loud thinking about what I had for dinner. just stay focused. I have a friend who is HORRIBLE at verbal. he got a 27 overall, 11, 11, 5!!! so alot of people have trouble with it. i have trouble with biology, and i'm a biology major. go figure. i just look at questions and for some reason i think .. hey wait. this is too easy, they are trying to trick me and then i make up some sort of trick they are trying to use and then i always pick the wrong one. sooooo any bio help? other than ignoring myself?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm retaking the MCAT in April and I'm jumping all over this April 2006 Official Study group idea. I want us all to do well, and I will help you guys with anything at all if you guys can do the same for me. I just got a confidence boost when I got my scores. Actually, I DIDNT STUDY UNTIL THE WEEK BEFORE THE TEST!!!!!!!!! I only got a 19. I got an 8 in verbal, 6 in physics, and a 5 in biolgy. I KNOW I can get a 24, and thats all I need to get in the school I want. SOOOOOOOO I'm challenging you guys. I'll bust my ass to get my goal and help you guys get yours. Let's keep each other on task. CMON GO TEAM!!!! "You can do it!" - (In the weird
voice from the guy from waterboy!)
Let's get crackin on this beast and destroy it come april

Hey everyone, Im glad to see that people have responded to this:) We def should make this an interactive study group..learning this way may prove to be the extra step we need. Im gonna start studying tomorrow....today was meant for tears and collecting thoughts:)

The first time I took the MCAT was after my soph year and I studied 2 weeks lol, I thought hey I Have a 4.0 Im the sh** lol, not the case...

6V
7P
7B

So then I retook the MCAT the next year thinking hey, I just needa study a lil more...lol wrong again

7V
9P
9B

So then two years later...STUDY MY BUTT OFF AND GO NUTS

5V
9P
11B

Not exactly what I wanted...like i said I was in 30s..

But you know what guys..heres our problem...we want a 30...WRONG!!! WE ARE GOING FOR A 45! We need the mentality that we cant get anything wrong..So for the next administration, when we get our scores we will hopefully be disappointed in a 33 because we knew we could get a 45.

Sorry if I sound a bit "crazy"..but I just have a sense of urgency...I realizing more and more that I want to become a doctor...this journey for some of us will take one more, two more, three more, who knows how many years...but remember the goal...becoming a physician.

I really hope that we all can do this:)

hey DrPersistent,

i'm really glad u took the initiative to make this thread. i'm taking the mcats in april and am afraid i wont study until the last minute unless someone pushes me, so hopefully we'll all work together and rock the exam... knockin out 15s across the board! ;)

DrPersistent said:
Hey everyone, new SDNer here. I thought it would be nice to have an official chat for the April MCAT people. I for one am starting to study today. Im going to use the TPR review books, Kaplan topican questions, EK question and verbal, and audio osmosis.

Does anyone have any verbal advice? Thanks!!

BTW this will be my fourth time taking it. So people retaking it, dont feel bad. Just look at me, I may be an idiot for taking it a fourth time, but its my dream, I have to give it one more chance...if it doesnt go well, here I come SGU!!!

Let the studying begin!!!

anybody taking courses??

what study material is everyone using...

I have all the tpr books and ek books..not sure which one to use for each subject..tpr bio has a lot of info...anybody figure this out..? any experiences..

maybe it would be helpful to post our study schedules..or something...plan our course of action...it'll help others and others will make sure you're up to date with it.....once i figure mine out i'll let you all know..

gluck

the tpr is very overwhelming it you think about it....Alot of information. I have some general bio books i got for free from school and I think i'm just going to read through them first, and then go back through the tpr and i'm going to look into exam krackers since everyone else seems to have used it. Anyone have any suggestions on a good approach to preparing for BIO????

if there was only 5 formula's you could know for the ps, what would it be and why?

shaggy411 said:
anybody taking courses??

what study material is everyone using...

I have all the tpr books and ek books..not sure which one to use for each subject..tpr bio has a lot of info...anybody figure this out..? any experiences..

maybe it would be helpful to post our study schedules..or something...plan our course of action...it'll help others and others will make sure you're up to date with it.....once i figure mine out i'll let you all know..

gluck

Study schedule:
using EK's 10 week schedule (link) since I bought the complete series of books and questions and mini-MCATs, I am starting with that on November 6th. I plan to expand each week into two weeks (since I don't have 2 to 3 hours each night to study with classes). That will take me to 4 weeks prior to the test. Those last four weeks I plan on using to figure out what all I need to focus on studying, hit all my weaknesses, and do lots and lots of practice questions. Our pre-med club is having practice MCATs (I think 6 of them) on Saturday mornings (to simulate testing conditions) so I'll be doing those and going over what I missed and wasn't sure on after each test.

do you know if that 10week schedule works? I have the EK, TPR, and Kaplan materials...and I'm not sure where to start! I think all the books are overwhelming me, so I just don't want to open any of them! Any suggestions?

My view on TPR vs EK from some experience and from lots of friends taking the mcat/in med school: TPR is very extensive... it's boring and long. EK is short, to the point, and fun, so ultimately I guess it depends on what kind of student you are. If you're into reading textbooks, TPR is great. If you have a more laid back style, i'd say stick to EK. I think Kaplan serves as a great in-between. I just don't know where to start... boring or fun?!

And just to relieve some stress... the exam's a little over 6 months away, so if we all stick to whatever plans we make (i think that's the key..making plans), we'll all kick a$$...we just have to make efficient use of our time. just make sure you're always smiling... otherwise, it won't be worth it! :)

Cool

I am using an old TPR hyperlearning to refresh on courses I took a while back. I am using 3 magazines for VR and all Kaplan Exams and all AAMC Exams. I will post my schedule soon. I have covered up to protein structure of BS only.

ironhill said:
do you know if that 10week schedule works? I have the EK, TPR, and Kaplan materials...and I'm not sure where to start! I think all the books are overwhelming me, so I just don't want to open any of them! Any suggestions?

My view on TPR vs EK from some experience and from lots of friends taking the mcat/in med school: TPR is very extensive... it's boring and long. EK is short, to the point, and fun, so ultimately I guess it depends on what kind of student you are. If you're into reading textbooks, TPR is great. If you have a more laid back style, i'd say stick to EK. I think Kaplan serves as a great in-between. I just don't know where to start... boring or fun?!

And just to relieve some stress... the exam's a little over 6 months away, so if we all stick to whatever plans we make (i think that's the key..making plans), we'll all kick a$$...we just have to make efficient use of our time. just make sure you're always smiling... otherwise, it won't be worth it! :)

From what I've read on here, it's worked pretty well for a number of people. I'm just using it and altering it to fit my needs because I know that I would like to have a schedule of studying set up for me so that I can be organized in my studying so that I'll get through everything before the test. I work a lot better if I can make set deadlines for myself.

Great idea about the group
Started to study about 3 weeks ago thru Kaplan classroom course, have so far amazing teachers that explain way better than my professors, also using some EK on the side :D .

do you guys think it's best to complete one set of materials before moving on to the next? or is better to use them all side by side?

Hey!

Has anyone taken TPR's early start class that starts in october? Is is helpful to start that early?

thanks!

I feel pretty good about the Physical Sciences - just some review and making sure I have formulas memorized. But the Biological Sciences worry me... I'm in Intro Bio I right now and I'll be mostly done with Bio II when I take the MCAT (same for O-Chem). So pretty much I'm starting from scratch with the bio section since I haven't had any upper level bios. My question is: Is EK good enough for me since I'll be actually learning a few concepts and not just reviewing? Should I try TPR or something a bit more comprehensive?

Also, should I go ahead and buy the 1001 series or save those for the subjects I know I'm weak in?

Hi everyone, Its so great that everyone is begining to study. I am waiting to receive my books but I plan on having the EK series (texts and maybe 1001 ?s), a few AAMC tests and the TPR books to study from and a plethora of textbooks to review concepts if needed. I"m nervous about the MCAT already.. I'm not a great test taker and I didn't enjoy Physics or Organic Chem when I took them. I look forward to chatting with everyone on here. Good luck all! :luck:

SaharanPrince said:
I am starting again this week! I need to organize myslef and get over my bad scores!

we should swap materials as well. i have all the tpr, some kaplin, and aamc tests if anyone wants. i could even send audio osmosis ( i just got it) to someone who is interested.

i guess i will use the exam crackers scedule and the tpr. how about we all post our scedules >?

i'm just doing review of chem as that class i haven't had since 1998.

I have kaplan/TPR/EK. I plan on doing EK - AudioOsmosis and EK's series. The rest of the books were donated by friends who took the classes and they wanted to get rid of them ;)

I would like to take a class but I don't know if I will have the time. I might do an online class. If I have the materials I don't know if its worth it. I'm going to try to get as many FULL length exams as I can find. That is a big thing.

They have only kaplan in my area so that is my only choice other than online.

shantster said:
Study schedule:
using EK's 10 week schedule (link) since I bought the complete series of books and questions and mini-MCATs, I am starting with that on November 6th. I plan to expand each week into two weeks (since I don't have 2 to 3 hours each night to study with classes). That will take me to 4 weeks prior to the test. Those last four weeks I plan on using to figure out what all I need to focus on studying, hit all my weaknesses, and do lots and lots of practice questions. Our pre-med club is having practice MCATs (I think 6 of them) on Saturday mornings (to simulate testing conditions) so I'll be doing those and going over what I missed and wasn't sure on after each test.
I'm planning on doing the 10 weeks study schedule as well but I will start sometime soon since how don't know how much time I will need for everything given the fact that I'm working full-time right now. I want to be well too prepared for the exam this time. I do have to order the mini MCATs book though, which I'll get to do tonight as soon as I get home. I'm also getting a study buddy. Hopefully we'll help each other out. I'm using EK books but I was smart enough last year to take notes as I was reading each chapter so, I'll be mostly reading those summaries I made and use the books only in case I don't understand something and to do the in-class practice exams. For the rest, I'll work on the 1001 Q books and do practice exams.

Great idea to make this thread!

I've planned on starting studying some time ago (my Kaplan course started back in September), but I seem so overwhelmed and nervous about all of this that I just can't seem to start regular study schedule.

I have some pretty challenging courses this semester so that gives me a great "excuse" not to sit my butt down and study for MCAT :(

I'm starting to get disappointed even before I have started.

It's my first time and I really don't want to blow it. I know that there is still plenty of time but with this mindset I feel like I won't be able to do well.

Any suggestions?

anut04ka said:
I'm starting to get disappointed even before I have started.

It's my first time and I really don't want to blow it. I know that there is still plenty of time but with this mindset I feel like I won't be able to do well.

Any suggestions?

Well, this works for me. If it sounds like it would work for you, go for it:

I always do better when there's something I'm trying to beat if that makes sense. It's healthier to make that yourself and not other people. I'm planning on taking a full length exam to get a base score and then I'll know how far I have to go, if that makes sense.

Also finding a study buddy might help - someone to keep you accountable for your study time.

I hope that helps! Good luck, I know you'll do great! :luck:

Awesome idea to make this thread (It should eventually be made sticky?!?)

I'll also be taking the test in april. I am planning to start review in December...

Anastasis said:
Well, this works for me. If it sounds like it would work for you, go for it:

I always do better when there's something I'm trying to beat if that makes sense. It's healthier to make that yourself and not other people. I'm planning on taking a full length exam to get a base score and then I'll know how far I have to go, if that makes sense.

Also finding a study buddy might help - someone to keep you accountable for your study time.

I hope that helps! Good luck, I know you'll do great! :luck:

I took a diagnostic test in Kaplan and really didn't do well at all. I got about 15 and that really scared me :(
I took it after almost 3-2 years without some sciences. ( I took Gen Chem 3 years ago, Bio and Orgo 2 years, and Physics a year ago, so I basically don't remember much) so I kind of know that I could definately raise my score by doing basic review, but common, how much can I raise it? I don't think I could raise it 15 points or more :(

did anyone have such a low diagnostic score? and if you did were you able to improve significantly?

I'm tryint to find a study-buddy but for now it doesn't work. So all of you, guys, are my study-buddies for now, if you don't mind :)

if you really don't remember much from those courses I'd say you can raise it signifcantly - at least 10 points if not more. 3 years is a long time to forget stuff.

Besides - that just means you'll see a gradual improvement as you study! I bet you see a 5 pt increase after only a week or two of studying! I got faith in you, man!

For those of you who have bought the Kaplan big blue book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0743266153/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-0817205-5343313#reader-link

I have created a 21 day study schedule. Probably should go through twice to ensure content is down and supplement in practice tests where necessary. Use it if you want it:

MCAT Study Plan
Week 1
Day 1
 Chapter 1: Introduction to the MCAT
 Chapter 2: Physical and Biological Sciences
 Chapter 1: The Cell
 Chapter 1: Nomenclature
Day 2
 Chapter 3: Verbal Reasoning
 Chapter 4: Writing Sample
 Chapter 2: Enzymes
 Chapter 2: Isomers
Day 3
 Chapter 5: Test Expertise
 Chapter 6: Test Mentality
 Chapter 3: Cellular Metabolism
 Chapter 3: Bonding
Day 4
 Chapter 4: Reproduction
 Chapter 1: Atomic Structure
 Chapter 4: Alkanes
 Chapter 1: Units and Kinematics
Day 5
 Chapter 5: Embryology
 Chapter 2: The Periodic Table
 Chapter 5: Alkenes and Alkynes
 Chapter 2: Newtonian Mechanics
Day 6
 Verbal Reasoning Test 1
Day 7

Week 2
Day 8
 Chapter 6: Musculoskeletal System
 Chapter 3: Bonding and Chemical Interactions
 Chapter 6: Aromatic Compounds
 Chapter 3: Work, Energy, and Momentum
Day 9
 Chapter 7: Digestion
 Chapter 4: Compounds and Stoichiometry
 Chapter 7: Alcohols and Ethers
 Chapter 4: Thermodynamics
Day 10
 Chapter 8: Respiration
 Chapter 5: Chemical Kinetics and Equilibrium
 Chapter 8: Aldehydes and Ketones
 Chapter 5: Fluids and Solids
Day 11
 Chapter 9: Circulation
 Chapter 6: Thermochemistry
 Chapter 9: Carboxylic Acids
 Chapter 6: Electrostatics
Day 12
 Chapter 10: Homeostasis
 Chapter 7: The Gas Phase
 Chapter 10: Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
 Chapter 7: Magnetism
Day 13
 Verbal Reasoning Test 2
Day 14

Week 3
Day 15
 Chapter 11: Endocrine System
 Chapter 8: Phases and Phase Changes
 Chapter 11: Amines and Nitrogen-Containing Compounds
 Chapter 8: DC and AC Circuits
Day 16
 Chapter 12: Nervous System
 Chapter 9: Solutions
 Chapter 12: Purification and Separation
 Chapter 9: Periodic Motion, Waves, and Sound
Day 17
 Chapter 13: Genetics
 Chapter 10: Acids and Bases
 Chapter 13: Spectroscopy
 Chapter 10: Light and Optics
Day 18
 Chapter 14: Molecular Genetics
 Chapter 11: Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
 Chapter 14: Carbohydrates
 Chapter 11: Atomic Phenomena
Day 19
 Chapter 15: Evolution
 Chapter 15: Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
 Chapter 12: Nuclear Phenomena
 Chapter 1: Introduction
 Chapter 2: Building Your Essay
Day 20
 Full Length (Testing Conditions)
Day 21

I took EK prep course for August MCAT and noticed that their practice tests were pretty easy, at the same time my friend was taking Kaplan and their diagnostics were really tough. On the real test he was completely calm while I was b**tching how hard the test was. :confused:
That is why now I want to take Kaplan and sort of get used to challenging diagnostics. That way it will be easier on the real thing.

What do other people who already took Kaplan think?

Anastasis said:
if you really don't remember much from those courses I'd say you can raise it signifcantly - at least 10 points if not more. 3 years is a long time to forget stuff.

Besides - that just means you'll see a gradual improvement as you study! I bet you see a 5 pt increase after only a week or two of studying! I got faith in you, man!

Hey, thanks a lot :) I'll let you know if your prediction is right as soon as I'll take another diagnostic test. I really hope to raise the score more than 10 points though :( Better start studying :sleep:

dochall22 said:
I'm retaking the MCAT in April and I'm jumping all over this April 2006 Official Study group idea. I want us all to do well, and I will help you guys with anything at all if you guys can do the same for me. I just got a confidence boost when I got my scores. Actually, I DIDNT STUDY UNTIL THE WEEK BEFORE THE TEST!!!!!!!!! I only got a 19. I got an 8 in verbal, 6 in physics, and a 5 in biolgy. I KNOW I can get a 24, and thats all I need to get in the school I want. SOOOOOOOO I'm challenging you guys. I'll bust my ass to get my goal and help you guys get yours. Let's keep each other on task. CMON GO TEAM!!!! "You can do it!" - (In the weird
voice from the guy from waterboy!)
Let's get crackin on this beast and destroy it come april

Definitely count me in, PM me if you want my email address. This will be my (shamefully) 4th time re-taking. Due mainly to VR and PS...

NYSnitch said:
I took EK prep course for August MCAT and noticed that their practice tests were pretty easy, at the same time my friend was taking Kaplan and their diagnostics were really tough. On the real test he was completely calm while I was b**tching how hard the test was. :confused:
That is why now I want to take Kaplan and sort of get used to challenging diagnostics. That way it will be easier on the real thing.

What do other people who already took Kaplan think?

Interesting, does anyone else share this opinion?

Thanks

Ok don't laugh but I have been using Barrons and Petersons. I find Barrons to be a good quick overview with some easy testing. Petersons is more difficult but seems to be to much review with no real learning. I have been only using these occasionally as I work Sixty hours a week and am finishing up my BS. I took one test to see where my weak areas were and have started hammering through my old texts to get a good foundation of concepts. As I feel I have gotten through a good chunk of material I retest and see where I am failing and study just those portions from the texts. I also review the portions in the prep books for subjects still not sinking in.

On the verbal hints I completely agree that you should not "read aloud in your head" I find that also just skimming the questions first, not for answers but just key words helps to tell me when to slow down and read more carefully. Just my 2cents. Thanks for the great thread idea

Hello everyone:) How is everyone? Its been almost a week since we found out our scores...ive taken the past few days to reflect, and you know what? I think this is a blessing in disguise. This will be my fourth and hopefully last time taking this exam. But Ive come to the realization that life as a whole is a learning process. Yes it would have been great to get a 30 the first time around 3 years ago, but would I have valued it? I really dont think that I would have. In the past few years I think a lot of us have grown into more mature beings.

I'll admit, for the past few days i have been beyond depressed. Everytime that I have looked in the mirror all that I have seen is a failure, thats all. But tonight I took a drive and was just thinking, why am I doing this? I know its generic, but I do want to help people. But before I can start helping humanity, I have to help myself. And to me that is moving on beyond the disappointment of the MCAT and working hard towards the ultimate goal of becoming a physcian.

Im sorry for rambling on and on, but I just wanted to express to everyone that I really really think that we are fortunate to be in the position to take the MCAT and become a physian whether it be US allopathic, Osteopathic, or overseas.

Just remember that there are worse things in life. We truly are fortunate.

Hi everyone. I am also going for the MCAT fourth time. 2005 was a big learning experience for me. I learned that no matter what, I really want to be a doctor and I will tame the MCAT beast. I will start studying from this Sunday. I will follow the Kaplan and examkracker materials. But mostly Kaplan. I am glad that there are other people like me out there and I wish everbody get a good MCAT score this time. We have more than five months. If we can put at least 30 hours a week study time, we will be in good shape.

hey fucture doc's,

lets play "kick my a$$"

what is everyone's plan of attack, when do you guys start, and how will you attack your weakness?

nip/tuck was awesome. i knew christian wasn't the carver.

me: i am taking a full length before band practice this weekend. i ran out of tests so i bought the flowers and silver book and the kaplin book. from there its the exam crackers schedule.

your turn.

Hey all, I am kinda new to this, but I am thinking about retaking my MCATS in april, I haven't started studying, I just took them in August and I bombed them. Needless to say, I am not that excited to start studying again so soon. I took Kaplan before, and my Kaplan advisor there told me that maybe I should just get a tutor and do the online course. Do you think that it is doable if I start in December? what advice could you give a gal like me who is unsure????

asolly03 said:
Hey all, I am kinda new to this, but I am thinking about retaking my MCATS in april, I haven't started studying, I just took them in August and I bombed them. Needless to say, I am not that excited to start studying again so soon. I took Kaplan before, and my Kaplan advisor there told me that maybe I should just get a tutor and do the online course. Do you think that it is doable if I start in December? what advice could you give a gal like me who is unsure????

Well I guess it depends on where your weak spots are - did you bomb everything or did you do alright in one subject? I assume you're done with all your pre-recs. If you start in December that's plenty of studying, but if you're really weak in one area you'll want to study smart.

Anastasis said:
Well I guess it depends on where your weak spots are - did you bomb everything or did you do alright in one subject? I assume you're done with all your pre-recs. If you start in December that's plenty of studying, but if you're really weak in one area you'll want to study smart.

i've heard study smart so many times, smart meaning weakness?