****Official April 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those who took the exam in April:

This is the official score release thread for the April 2007 MCAT. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well. Post any random musings in the Official May 7 Score Release Countdown Thread so that we can keep this one uncluttered.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey zendoc. I think that your reply has been the most helpful of all. a couple of other people have posted on my situation, but I dont think any have been more comforting. I am very well rounded, and have supported myself since sophomore year, while beingin school full time. I guess for what cards were dealt to me, I've fared pretty well.

You rock

John:cool:

Glad to be of service, I really meant it too. In fact, writing that reply helped ground me a little as well. Good luck again!

~Samantha

April 2007 - 26Q
PS 8
VR 8
BS 10

August 2005 - 24O
PS 7
VR 9
BS 8

It's gone up from my previous scores which is good! I'm happy with my PS and BS. PS always kills me, and the April 7 bio was insane! Buuuut I'm really disappointed in my verbal. I was scoring solid 9's and 10's on the online practice VR. I'm torn if I should re-take (i'm applying mostly D.O.). I'll give a few days thought.

Everyone's scores look awesome!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! :love:
my 2 cents, dont worry about retaking....looks like your scores are solid

does anyone know when april 16 scores are being released? the april 12 ones haven't even been posted.....i would like to know!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when april 16 scores are being released? the april 12 ones haven't even been posted.....i would like to know!!!

See the thread called "Countdown to May 16th Score Release". Both 12/04 and 16/04 are being released on 05/16, but the time is unknown.

I am tired of seeing pure 30+'s on this thread, but congrats to all who got them. People if you get a 30- please post. This thread is not very representative of the truth. Everyone is making crazy high scores, but then again maybe only really smart dedicated people are on the SDN forums. Let me know. I get my scores tomorrow, ill post for sure. :thumbup::D

First of all I don't think you should cry. Let me bring you down to reality a little bit. The average MCAT score of a matriculating medical student is 30. This means that half the people are above this score and HALF THE PEOPLE ARE BELOW!!!! Yes, the MCAT is imporant, but you have done your best and now you really need to brush the dust off your knees, get back on your feet and strengthen the rest of your application. Take time to write about your 15 or less experiences with sincerity. Make your personal statement a real statement about you without the fluff, without the crap, just YOU. If you have done ECs and are a well rounded person, you should apply and stop putting yourself down when you are obviously rather intelligent. This whole process makes us into numbers on pieces of paper. It is your job to remember that you are a person and have things to offer to the medical profession. Stay strong and good luck.

P.S. - I am still waiting for my MCAT score but looking at your percentile ranges really helped give me a good idea of how my test could have gone. Thank you for posting them. Good luck once again! ;)

I believe you're thinking of a median.

This is crazy....Everyone is getting 30+ (Congrats). I'm taking mine May 25th, and I'm freaking out right now. I'm going to have to take some betablockers or something to stop the nervousness.

38O

PS 13
V 13
BS 12

Lowest score in my practice range. After waiting so long, I'm just happy it's over.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS 11
VR 13
BS 12
WS S
Total 36S

I, too, and just glad to never do this again.

vr-9
bs-13
ps-11

33O

lowest of my practice range
-Good luck all...i will not retake...i very happy. hope all did good.

Got my 4/12 scores:

13 PS
11 Bio
11 V

35T

Highest practice score was a 34 (33-34 on all of them). I'm pretty excited... now I have to get my 3.4 GPA up in time for applications next session!

Words of advice:

Treat the real thing like a practice test and treat the practice tests like the real thing. I did nothing different in terms of strategy or mental state on the real thing, just took the test and hoped for the best. I didn't study that much either (like 2-3 hours a day), but I was consistent for about 2 and a half months with my studying and almost never took a day off. I think the consistency, rather than the volume of studying, really paid off.

4/12 exam:

PS 13
VR 11
WS O
BS 10

34O! :laugh: I'm kind of upset about the BS, but I will not complain about a 34! On a side note? Is an O ok? I have no gage of wtf the WS scores mean at all.

Verbal Reasoning 10
Physical Sciences 11
Biological Sciences 12
Writing Sample O
Total Score 33O

Also on the lower end of my practice scores(especially verbal!), but I'll take it!

4/12

PS 13
VR 10
BS 12
W Q

Total: 35Q

whew! I didn't fail. I guess practice tests were a fairly good indicator. Got my average for for both PS and VR, with lower end score for BS. Mang everyone has sexcellent scores here!

What's up with that? We're all getting the lowest of our practice ranges. Bummer.

Yeah, it totally sucks. I guess maybe the curve wasn't so generous?

I'm okay with my O. Last time I took the MCAT in my junior year (4/04), I got an R so I figure they'd know that I can write. I just didn't practice the writing section this time. :rolleyes:

I did better than I have on any of the practice tests! wahoo! not nearly as good as some of the scores here, but still good enough! I'm pumped!

VR: 9 (eh)
PS: 10 (what I expected)
BS: 13 (o yeah!)
writing: M (not sure how this happend? thought it would be better)

Total: 32M

Question, is my writing sample and a 9 in verbal going to be good enough for the schools Im applying too?

VR: 11
PS: 12
BS: 9
writing: Q
total: 32Q

took princeton review. starting score was 20Q. highest practice exam score was 30P. i feel i got my money's worth.

4/16

10 PS
10 VR
12 BS

T writing

total 32T

very balanced scores, so i'm happy. i would have liked higher VR, i was routinely 13/14 in my practice tests....but i'm not complaining, a 32 T is pretty good! still low on my practice range.

VR: 10
PS: 11
BS: 10
Writing: Q

Total: 31Q!!:love:

this was my 2nd attempt. first was last august when i got 25M (8/8/9)
All you retakers hang in there! If my score increased by 6 points so can yours---screw the stats!

29Q, with an EIGHT in verbal (4/16 exam). EIGHT!! I am so devastated. I just re-checked the AAMC site 10 times to see how this score could possibly be mine...

I completed 6 Kaplan FLs (28 on my diagnostic, to a 39 peak score) and took all the AAMC practice CBTs (scores were consistently 32-34). I never scored below a 10 on my verbal on my practice exams. Getting <30 has been the furthest thing from my mind.

Does this mean I re-take? I am at the point where I feel I ought to not apply to allopathic programs. I'm a non-trad with a MPH, working full-time. I have studied my a** off since October of last year for the 4/16 MCAT. I feel like an absolute fool for studying at all... I could have gotten the same score without any studying whatsoever!

Words of advice would be appreciated. Re-take or not? If I re-take, then this would be my fourth time (I took the exam twice six years ago).

For those of you who got monster scores-- congrats. I wish I were in the same boat. Instead, my poor little heart has been slammed by the MCAT beast and is barely beating.

PS: 11
Writing: Q

Total: 31Q!!:love:

this was my 2nd attempt. first was last august when i got 25M (8/8/9)
All you retakers hang in there! If my score increased by 6 points so can yours---screw the stats!
Nice job, Humi. :clap:

VR: 11
PS:9
BS: 11
Writing: S

31S Eh, in that funny borderline sort of place, but good enough to take my chances and not retake!

Seems like all the scores were low end in terms of the practice exams. I think I'm a very inconsistent person - practice exam scores were 30-38. From what I heard though, the last three AAMCs are the most accurate in representing you actual, which is true in my case. PS was lower than anything I scored, VR was the lower of my two scores (I always got 11 or 13 on the practices, never a 12??) and BS was in the middle.

From 16/04: Lower range of my practice scores (32-40) too...

PS: 12
BS: 11
WS: P

33P

I feel like I want to die. I think I'm going to have to change my schools (see: my MDapplicants profile). Any advice?

(It's further up the thread...for some reason my sig isn't showing)

Congrats to everyone who met their goals here -- and it looks like a lot of us did!

PS - 12
VR - 12
BS - 13
WS - S

I am SO relieved! :D

For those looking for comparisons with the AAMC practice tests, I found it matched almost exactly for the last three I took:

AAMC 8 - PS 13, VR 12, BS 12
AAMC 9 - PS 12, VR 13, BS 12
AAMC 10 - PS 12, VR 13, BS 12

Got my 4/12 scores:

13 PS
11 Bio
11 V

35T

Highest practice score was a 34 (33-34 on all of them). I'm pretty excited... now I have to get my 3.4 GPA up in time for applications next session!

Words of advice:

Treat the real thing like a practice test and treat the practice tests like the real thing. I did nothing different in terms of strategy or mental state on the real thing, just took the test and hoped for the best. I didn't study that much either (like 2-3 hours a day), but I was consistent for about 2 and a half months with my studying and almost never took a day off. I think the consistency, rather than the volume of studying, really paid off.

Congrats on your great score!

You took Berkeley Review, right? Did you do all the passages or just some of them? Who taught your bio lectures?

Thanks

Congrats to everyone who met their goals here -- and it looks like a lot of us did!

PS - 12
VR - 12
BS - 13
WS - S

I am SO relieved! :D

For those looking for comparisons with the AAMC practice tests, I found it matched almost exactly for the last three I took:

AAMC 8 - PS 13, VR 12, BS 12
AAMC 9 - PS 12, VR 13, BS 12
AAMC 10 - PS 12, VR 13, BS 12

Congrats! Good Job!

Congrats on your great score!

You took Berkeley Review, right? Did you do all the passages or just some of them? Who taught your bio lectures?

Thanks

Yeah, I took BR in Los Angeles. A girl was my bio teacher... her name started with an M i think (sorry, the other teachers are alright but they pale in comparison to Todd). Anyways, the BR tests weren't helpful but the preparation and all the passages (i did almost all, maybe not the last 3 on some of the sections) definitely got me my 35.

4/12

V- 10
P- 11
B- 11
32T

Kinda bummed 'cause my first score was:
August 2004
V- 9
P- 13
B-10
32Q

I guess I can hang my hat on the T... like anyone cares about writing!!!
Kinda depressed... please someone make me feel better...

For all of you who got your scores back....can you give me some insight on how you felt about your answers when you had just finished your exam. How many did you feel you got wrong or confirmed wrong in each section and got a decent score.

I just got done with the test and I can think of at least 7-8 questions wrong in the BS and PS sect. Please tell me where you think 10 wrong would fall. Is the real thing somewhat consistent with the scale on e-mcat.com.

Thanks,

Yeah, I took BR in Los Angeles. A girl was my bio teacher... her name started with an M i think (sorry, the other teachers are alright but they pale in comparison to Todd). Anyways, the BR tests weren't helpful but the preparation and all the passages (i did almost all, maybe not the last 3 on some of the sections) definitely got me my 35.

Thanks! Todd is definitely the man. One more question: do you think it's possible to do about 10 passages a day in about 3-4 hours?

Also, Berkeley covers a lot of material. Did you feel that it was a bit too much for the test? Or was it just the right amount?

P: 13
V: 13
B: 11

Total: 37T

Very pleased--thought Bio was my best but I'm not complaining. Too bad no one cares about T.

Best of luck to everyone else! :)

Does anyone know how much work experience factors in?
I graduated 5 years ago from a top 10 school with a 3.6 GPA.
I have since earned a masters in public health and have been working for a few years now.
My scores were PS9, V10, BS11 for a total of 30R.
I am disappointed because I was averaging a 34 on practice tests.
However, working 40-50 hours a week and studying in the evenings has been quite a challenge and quitting my job is not an option!

Any thoughts? Anyone have any experience or advice in this area?

Thanks and congrats to everyone who doesn't have to retake. I'm so impressed with some of your scores! For those of you deciding whether or not to retake... I feel your pain...!

I'm in the same boat as you, only with lower MCAT scores due to the fact that I came down with Influenza and a sinus infection and the aamc told me that I was out the $210 no matter what, so I might as well take the test!

I'm from Louisiana where the averages are lower than the national averages so I'm elated with my scores (more so because I won't be retaking!!!)

12-V
10-P
9-B

31Q

Thanks! Todd is definitely the man. One more question: do you think it's possible to do about 10 passages a day in about 3-4 hours?

Also, Berkeley covers a lot of material. Did you feel that it was a bit too much for the test? Or was it just the right amount?

It's definitely possible to do that many passages per day. I would switch off review/passage days and sometimes double them up. But my routine would be to learn a section, then do 8 to 10 passages on it the next day. Sometimes I would review, then do 4 or 5, then finish the rest the next day and learn another section. I finished all the materials with about 1 week until the MCAT, which was enough time to review. But yeah, the amount I learned from BR was insane, but it's doable if you space it out over 2 or 3 months.

God. I've been looking at most of these scores here. They are crazy. So jealous.
I just got my scores:

PS: 10
VR: 9
WS: M

This is so disappointing :'( I wanna cry.
I really wanted like a 32 or something.
i have an excellent GPA though, it's 3.96
Should I retake it? I really don't want to, it takes so much energy
:scared:

I'm from Louisiana where the averages are lower than the national averages so I'm elated with my scores (more so because I won't be retaking!!!)

12-V
10-P
9-B

31Q

I'm also a LA native. Glad to see someone else is good to go and doesn't need a retake. Man, I'm going to get so hammered tonight. Congrats!