****Official April 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those who took the exam in April:

This is the official score release thread for the April 2007 MCAT. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well. Post any random musings in the Official May 7 Score Release Countdown Thread so that we can keep this one uncluttered.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

ssj27krillin: Whether to retake with a 29 depends on many factors. Your gpa and how the rest of your app (ECs, LORs, etc.) looks, your state of residence, and if your practice tests were usually much higher. I.e., did you usually score higher than an 8 in VR? If not, then I think you should stick with what you've got. Unless, of course, you have a low gpa. In that case, you'll want a higher MCAT. Unless you live in a state with lower average stats for matriculants. It all just depends....

i have a 3.70 GPA from SUNY Buffalo and I'm a New York resident. I've done some volunteer work in hospitals and do EC's with clubs at school. I've gotten 8 on many of my practice tests for VR but i've gotten 11s on PS and 12s on BS. The next time i would be able to take the test is in July. would this delay my application because i wanna apply early

PS: 8 (was scoring 9-10 on AAMC's)
VR: 10 (scored 3 straight 11's on practice)
BS: 10
Writing: M (my lowest ever)

Although not stellar, I'm very happy with this score. I took the January exam and scored a 26 (8,9,9) and was very dissapointed as I had been scoring 30's on most practice exams.
I'm applying in Texas as a resident. I have really good LOR's, and a good amount of clinical experience so I think I should be competitive - just let me in!!!!!

Should I retake????

31 R
12 PS
10 VR
9 BS

I'm a non-traditional student former electrical engineer with solid career experience. Thus far in my post bac work I have brought my GPA up to 2.8988 with 50 hours of premed/upper division science work. My GPA in my post bach work is 3.84 and my only two B's here are in a 5 hour french course(only non-science I took) and a 6 week summer term Vertebrate Physiology I, but I have a great rec from my Comp. Physiology to fix this.

I have a lot of studying I wasn't able to finish before the April 16th deadline and I had to drive 8 hours from Austin to El Paso to take the test. I have nothing to do until the July 18th test I'm registered for except study. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I retake????

31 R
12 PS
10 VR
9 BS

I'm a non-traditional student former electrical engineer with solid career experience. Thus far in my post bac work I have brought my GPA up to 2.8988 with 50 hours of premed/upper division science work. My GPA in my post bach work is 3.84 and my only two B's here are in a 5 hour french course(only non-science I took) and a 6 week summer term Vertebrate Physiology I, but I have a great rec from my Comp. Physiology to fix this.

I have a lot of studying I wasn't able to finish before the April 16th deadline and I had to drive 8 hours from Austin to El Paso to take the test. I have nothing to do until the July 18th test I'm registered for except study. What do you think?

Not unless you want to get into high rank school. Your score is good. :)

35 - I can be happy with that...the question now is...where do i apply?

And for all those who are wondering whether to retake: i got a 30 last time about 2.5yrs ago...it is possible to move from a 30-31 into the mid-30's, i'm living proof. :D

Hi Guys,
I find that I have done better on the Kaplan tests compared with the AAMc tests that I have taken. Although other factors may account for the difference I am wondering if anyone thinks the Kaplan tests are easier than the AAMC tests.
Thanks!:)

Hi I'm new to SDN but I wanted to get some input on my score.

I took the April MCAT and got a 30 Q

8Verbal
11B
11PS

Q writing

I'm really upset about my verbal score especially since I was getting 11's on the practice tests.

Should I retake this? Or should I just have faith that the other components of my application will strengthen it and that the Q will balance at the 8?

8Verbal
11B
11PS

Q writing

I'm really upset about my verbal score especially since I was getting 11's on the practice tests.

Should I retake this? Or should I just have faith that the other components of my application will strengthen it and that the Q will balance at the 8?

Get a *pro's* opinion (i.e. ADCOMM) on this one. It depends on a lot of factors. I had your score roughly... 30P with a similar breakdown. I spoke to enough adcomms who thought my application was amazing enough that I probably didn't need to retake, so I'm taking my chances. A year from now, we'll all know whether the opinions I sought were accurate :rolleyes: , but since these were all people who currently sit, or have sat on MD/PhD admission's committees, Ill have to take their word for it. ;)

I have also come across some invaluable feedback about this in the admissions thread back at the Mentors forum, so you should definitely do a search and consider their feedback.

For the record, had I scored even one point less (composite), I would retake just based on a personal limit I set for myself.

Good :luck: :luck: :luck: !

-MSTPbound

Hi Guys,
I find that I have done better on the Kaplan tests compared with the AAMc tests that I have taken. Although other factors may account for the difference I am wondering if anyone thinks the Kaplan tests are easier than the AAMC tests.
Thanks!:)

I've also done better on Kaplan tests rather than AAMC tests...although I heard Kaplan was harder:confused:

31M

9VR
11BS
11PS

Pretty dissapointed since that was my lowest practice test score and i once got a 37.. but I still don't want to retake. Not surprised about the M since both essays were like 10 sentences. I never practiced the writing... that was not smart.

congrats to everyone who did great!!

God. I've been looking at most of these scores here. They are crazy. So jealous.
I just got my scores:

PS: 10
VR: 9
WS: M

This is so disappointing :'( I wanna cry.
I really wanted like a 32 or something.
i have an excellent GPA though, it's 3.96
Should I retake it? I really don't want to, it takes so much energy
:scared:

Depends on where you're applying. Median score for matriculating people is, what, 30? Your score doesn't deviate far at all from it.

I have been increasing my practice test scores and just scored a 28 (10P,8V,10B) on aamc CBT # 8. Did you guys get the same results as your practice tests when you took the real thing, or was the real thing even harder and did you notice your real scores were lower then your practice tests? Any scores from practice tests vs. real thing would be appreciated. I'm taking it this Thursday May 31st.

Any scores from practice tests vs. real thing would be appreciated. I'm taking it this Thursday May 31st.

I had an upward trend as I took my practice tests (from around a 27 on up). Low and behold my real deal MCAT score was higher than any of my practices. Just keep taking those practices and make sure you go into the real test with as little anxiety as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also done better on Kaplan tests rather than AAMC tests...although I heard Kaplan was harder:confused:
You will always do better on Kaplan's tests (except for 10 and 11) because they curve it like mad. This is done in order to compensate for the difficulty of their sections. I remember once scoring a 60% on PS and that correlating to a 12 or 13. Let me tell you now that a 60% on AAMC PS will get you maybe an 8. I was so used to the speed at which I had to work just to finish the science sections on Kaplan's tests that now I finish AAMC science sections with anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to spare.

Get a *pro's* opinion (i.e. ADCOMM) on this one. It depends on a lot of factors. I had your score roughly... 30P with a similar breakdown. I spoke to enough adcomms who thought my application was amazing enough that I probably didn't need to retake, so I'm taking my chances. A year from now, we'll all know whether the opinions I sought were accurate :rolleyes: , but since these were all people who currently sit, or have sat on MD/PhD admission's committees, Ill have to take their word for it. ;)

I have also come across some invaluable feedback about this in the admissions thread back at the Mentors forum, so you should definitely do a search and consider their feedback.

For the record, had I scored even one point less (composite), I would retake just based on a personal limit I set for myself.

Good :luck: :luck: :luck: !

-MSTPbound
seeing this post motivates me. Thank you my friend.

seeing this post motivates me. Thank you my friend.

You're very welcome! :)

Sometimes it's tough keeping a level head in the midst of the emotional roller coaster that the MCAT causes. We all hear at one point or another that the MCAT isn't "everything"... but it can be tough to swallow, until you come across that unlucky soul who has stellar scores, and for *some* unknown reason couldn't get into their top choice - and vice versa.

Of course... top scores don't usually HURT an application. ;)

Good luck!!!!

:luck:

-MSTPbound

- 25L Mcat (10P, 6V, 9B)
I'm not sure how I got a 6, all of my practices were 8-11. Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

New to site. Was looking to see if anyone else who took the April 16th exam received unusually low verbal and writing sample scores. Here is how I did:

PS 10
VR 6
WS K
BS 9

VERY upset because I know these scores can't be right. I've never done so poorly on verbal, and I have no reason to believe I would have scored so low this time. (Wasn't too nervous, VR section didn't seem especially difficult.) As for the WS K (.5 percentile!!!), I remember the prompts, and I remember the gist of what I wrote. My essays weren't spectacular, but I'm certain they were NOT "lowest-possible-percentile" bad.

I suspect there was a problem with scoring or score reporting. Submitted problem report on MCAT THx. Received form letter response: dish out $100 for re-scoring. But if something in their system is to blame, how do I know that re-scoring would make a difference?

Not sure how to proceed. Any thoughts?

Congratulations Everyone!!

I just took the May 16th MCAT and I was wondering how long you guys had to wait for your scores. Was it 30 days? Thanks

8Verbal
11B
11PS

Q writing

I think this really depends on your GPA, The VR offsets your average science scores. If you have a really high GPA, you might be ok; however, adcoms do look intently at that VR score.

Ok so I avoided this thread at first but now I think I'll post since I have gotten over my terrible april 7th performance. I ended up getting a 27R. 8PS 9V 10BS. The thing is I never once scored as low as a 27 on any practice exams. Out of the last six practice exams I took, the lowest score I got was a 34. I was averaging 12 on PS and around 12 on BS. I still don't know exactly what went wrong. I am going to retake in July. My only idea of why it went so bad was that all my practice exams were taken in the afternoon/evening and the exam was at 8am. I dunno anyone have a suggestion? Anyway I hope someone can read this an feel better about their performance so something good can come out of this :laugh:

Ok so I avoided this thread at first but now I think I'll post since I have gotten over my terrible april 7th performance. I ended up getting a 27R. 8PS 9V 10BS. The thing is I never once scored as low as a 27 on any practice exams. Out of the last six practice exams I took, the lowest score I got was a 34. I was averaging 12 on PS and around 12 on BS. I still don't know exactly what went wrong. I am going to retake in July. My only idea of why it went so bad was that all my practice exams were taken in the afternoon/evening and the exam was at 8am. I dunno anyone have a suggestion? Anyway I hope someone can read this an feel better about their performance so something good can come out of this :laugh:
take slow deep breaths. treat practice exams like the real thing, and treat the real thing like a practice exam. that way, if u dont know something ur mentality isnt "crap i gotta get the right answer no matter what" its "im confident in this answer, im sticking to it".

That's just weird...sorry to hear about that. I sorta know how it feels. It sucks for a while, but all you can really do is just move on and write the beast again.

I was blindsided by my ps score the first time i took the mcat. It really came out of nowhere based on my (too few) practice tests. Anyhow, retakes really can work out, so study hard!

Congratulations Everyone!!

I just took the May 16th MCAT and I was wondering how long you guys had to wait for your scores. Was it 30 days? Thanks
I took the April 16th exam and got my scores on May 18th, so it was just a couple days over 30, which is pretty darn close to what they said it would be. (But at the time, it was really nerve-racking to wait those two extra days!) Best of luck!

God. I've been looking at most of these scores here. They are crazy. So jealous.
I just got my scores:

PS: 10
VR: 9
WS: M

This is so disappointing :'( I wanna cry.
I really wanted like a 32 or something.
i have an excellent GPA though, it's 3.96
Should I retake it? I really don't want to, it takes so much energy
:scared:

no, thats a great GPA. I wouldnt worry too much about it.