*Official August 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leelee12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This thread is for everyone that is writing the MCAT on August 4th, 5th, 19th, 20th or on the 25th.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what time EST the scores are released? I heard around 3pm!

The past couple of releases have occurred between 3 and 315pm EST. Although, in the past, they have happened at 12pm EST (but im not getting my hopes up for that).

Like AKamM said, the AAMC MCAT twitter account will tweet when they are available.

Good luck everyone! From a June test taker, I really recommend getting away from your computer. At this point, it'll be a 3ish release so go get lunch, hang out with a friend, and take your mind off of it and do something where you can't keep checking your phone until like 3pm.

I'm doing that right now. I'm going out for the day to run some errands and get a poster printed for a conference later this month. I'm going crazy sitting in front of my computer!

Thanks for the tips! Yep, I heard about the famous twitter post! I guess we'll all be watching and waiting for the AAMC to tweet!

Thanks for everyone's support on this thread - I'm super nervous. I'm a retaker, so already I'm worried I'll be seen negatively because I have two MCAT scores. What's scaring me more is the first time I took my MCAT and got my score back, I was so disappointed. It's been haunting me since. I really REALLY hope that today will be different :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Due to boredom, I've compiled a list of test dates, test date score releases, and the time it was tweeted
Test......Score Release Date......Tweet Time
22-Jan....23-Feb..................1:14pm
23-Jan....23-Feb..................1:14pm
1-Apr.....3-May...................4:57am
23-Apr....24-May..................12:09pm
5-May.....7-Jun...................5:12am
14-May....14-Jun..................12:07pm
20-May....21-Jun..................12:10pm
2-Jun.....6-Jul...................12:09pm
18-Jun....19-Jul..................12:11pm
8-Jul.....9-Aug...................12:14pm
9-Jul.....9-Aug...................12:14pm
22-Jul....23-Aug..................12:10pm
4-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released
5-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released

Reactions: 1 users
is that eastern time? lol
Due to boredom, I've compiled a list of test dates, test date score releases, and the time it was tweeted
5-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released.

I believe it's central time, someone on reddit was saying how around noon central time (1 eastern) has been a trend.
5-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released.

I have no idea....anyone care to chime in ??? :p.

that's definitely not eastern time. My test was June 18th, and the release was around 3:10pm ET..
Hm, should I add 3 hours to each time then??? A friend of mine got his around 3pm as well on a different test date.

Revised for EST:

Test......Score Release Date......Tweet Time...........EST
22-Jan....23-Feb..................1:14pm..............4:14pm
23-Jan....23-Feb..................1:14pm..............4:14pm
1-Apr.....3-May...................4:57am..............7:57am
23-Apr....24-May..................12:09pm.............3:09pm
5-May.....7-Jun...................5:12am..............8:12am
14-May....14-Jun..................12:07pm.............3:07pm
20-May....21-Jun..................12:10pm.............3:10pm
2-Jun.....6-Jul...................12:09pm.............3:09pm
18-Jun....19-Jul..................12:11pm.............3:11pm
8-Jul.....9-Aug...................12:14pm.............3:14pm
9-Jul.....9-Aug...................12:14pm.............3:14pm
22-Jul....23-Aug..................12:10pm.............3:10pm
4-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released....
5-Aug.....7-Sep...................Not Yet Released....

Taking all bets for score release time!!!! I'm thinking 3:09pm is gonna be for today!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
that looks accurate based on the list that i had compiled up until my June 18th test day. :) Also sorry for being the person lurking around in your thread when I didn't take the test with you guys. I just remember my release day so clearly and really sympathize.....

Hopefully you got a score that you were happy with?

that looks accurate based on the list that i had compiled up until my June 18th test day. :) Also sorry for being the person lurking around in your thread when I didn't take the test with you guys. I just remember my release day so clearly and really sympathize.....
Haha don't apologize mate! You're contribution of the time you received your score helped calm our anxiety and made us realize we'll start neurotically refreshing the twitter page at 3pm instead of 12pm :p.

Thanks! I got a 509. Below my aamc scored so i was initially disappointed, but i'm def not retaking. :) Fingers crossed that all of you guys will be happy with your scores too!.......
Omg saw that 509 and thought it was someone posting their score

OMG GUYS!!!!!!

Apparently there's a lot of hot local singles who are interested in me!

511 - 128/127/128/128

I'm going to go flip out and stop shaking, I'll come back later to discuss. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys! Mucho love and respect to you guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sorry to be this person but i need to share with someone!!!!
518!!!!!!! 128/128/131/131.

Congrats everyone!! I'm so glad that this wait is over!!

So I got a 511-128/127/128/128

Unscored - 510-125/128/127/130
Scored - 512-127/128/127/130

What I thought I got - 505-124/127/126/128

Was dead set on getting mid 500's today...

Got a 514 - 131/126/131/126
Burned out on P/S... i think my plan worked... to study the **** out of bio and chem and hope that those scores bring me up!!

Scored-508
Sample- 508

Future test takers: Smartest move i made was to do ~4 NS exams!!!

Reactions: 3 users
515!!! 130/126/130/129... So happy, but does anyone think the CARS score will hold me back?

This may sound like a dumb question and it probably but what is the difference between the scored and unscored number

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

515!!! 130/126/130/129... So happy, but does anyone think the CARS score will hold me back?
Ehh its pretty much a 9.5 on the old MCAT. From what I've heard anything 125+ is ok. You should be good especially since you killed the other sections.

This may sound like a dumb question and it probably but what is the difference between the scored and unscored number

That's referring to the two practice exams AAMC published...one that only gives you percent right in each section and no scaled score and one that does

508!!! scored was 509. omg omg I literally left feeling like I got under a 500. breakdown was 127/126/127/128. To anyone reading this, if you didn't get the score you wanted please know that you should never give up on this if it's you're dream to pursue medicine. This was my 3rd MCAT and I felt the pressure more than anything. The self doubt and feelings of inadequacy were unreal and I worried about the results since I left the test center. I scored a 25 and a 27 on the old MCAT with a 6 in verbal reasoning. Back then, I wasn't the most mature student and didn't realize the work required to conquer this test. Please message me if you have any questions I'm more than happy to help!

Congrats!!!!! Im happy all of your hard work paid off! What did you do differently the third time that made the biggest difference in helping you achieve your score?

practice exams and studying very, very hard. I took 14 practice tests and did the entire EK Verbal 101 book. I reviewed my mistakes too, which helped me tremendously. My best advice--don't rush this process! it's important to take the exam when you are ready and if you don't perform as well as you want take time to reflect and go at it again. Confidence in your abilities will push you through, good luck!

Last edited:
Late to the party was busy when I checked but I ended up with a 512!!! I started bawling I couldn't believe it! Last summer I got a freakin 497 and legitimately doubted my entire life. I ended up with 128/127/129/128 all this from 125/123/126/123 last summer. You literally can do anything you set your mind to. Never give up!

Reactions: 8 users
So just looked at my score because I have been putting it off due to stress and anxiety.

So I ended up with a 514 (92%) ! I am honest shocked because I walked out feeling worse than when I wrote it the first time. And my CARS was **** on the scored so that was another factor too. I spent way too long on the physics section and all the easy questions were towards the end but I didn't have enough time to think about them and I chose the wrong answer. Oh well hoping it is good enough for Canadian schools.

I have asked for a lot of help on here and appreciated each one of your answers. To the future test takers/re-takers feel free to ask me questions.

2nd time MCAT (Aug 5, 2016) : 128/127/130/129
Scored FL: 130/124/130/127

1st time MCAT (September 3, 2015): 131/125/129/123

I got 506. 127/126/127/126

I feel happy-ish. To be honest I don’t know how to feel. I took the exam last year and got a 492. I was devastated but decided to take the exam again after a year of self reflecting and growth. Do I wish I would have scored higher? Yes! But at the same time I’m kind of proud of myself for improving by 14 points.

I don’t know if this will be good enough for med schools (I’m a Canadian apply to CAN and US MD and DO schools). Either way, I am really grateful for going through this whole ‘pre-med’ journey; it has taught me such valuable lessons about my learning styles, gratitude, resiliency and keeping perspective. Sorry for the rambley post lol but I wanted to get my feelings out; writing this has been kinda therapeutic and helped me accept my truth.

Late to the party was busy when I checked but I ended up with a 512!!! I started bawling I couldn't believe it! Last summer I got a freakin 497 and legitimately doubted my entire life. I ended up with 128/127/129/128 all this from 125/123/126/123 last summer. You literally can do anything you set your mind to. Never give up!

You need to tell us how you studied differently, what you used, what workerd best etc especially with such a huge jump. I can use any advice you have. Congrats! That's an amazing improvement.

Last edited:
Never thought it would happen but.... 519!!!! (130/131/129/129)
Higher than even my best practice scores; was actually targeting a 512.
Took 5 months to study, 12 practice tests, and missed a lot of parties but here I am!

517 overall!! 129/128/131/129
AAMC scored was 519 overall 129/132/129/129
AAMC sample 76%/81%/83%/81%
This is a major improvement from my 2015 MCAT, which I got a 505 overall 127/124/127/127
Thank the MCAT gods!!

Got a 515!!! 129/130/128/128.

I'm thrilled about CARS and Chem. Bio I found the hardest and was expecting worse than a 128. I actually thought the Psych/Soc was the easiest section so found the 128 a bit surprising, but so so so so happy with my score. Had a 514 on the Scored!

128 P/C
124 Cars
129 BB
126 Psych

Scored was 504

I did extremely well in sciences so i dont care about the other stuff.

You need to tell us how you studied differently, what you used, what workerd best etc especially with such a huge jump. I can use any advice you have. Congrats! That's an amazing improvement.
Thanks you! So first of all last summer I was really busy, I had started research and only went through princeton review once lightly and took the unscored. This summer I followed EKs 10 week plan and studied around 7-9 hours a day i used kaplan Bio/biochem/genchem and psych books and mainly used kaplan for EKs scheduled pre-reads. Psych and biochem IMO were most important since I felt as though EK was really lacking in those. In the last ~two weeks I took NS exams as sections. I would do a verbal and then one other section every day, then do a verbal and choose a remaining section the next day. Honestly I drilled that verbal combo five days straight then the following week did whatever was left and gave myself two days or so before I took the scored which I got a 511 (127/125/130/129). On NS I averaged 127 on c/p 127 on verbal 129 on bio and 128 on psych. The main difference for me between the two tests was all about stamina. My first attempt I died by the time I hit P/S and couldn't tell you one question from it afterwards. This time I was nervous still but really felt good throughout the whole thing. I also got lucky and got two neuro passages in bio. Also confidence. Even though I knew I bombed it before I seriously tried to put that behind me on test day. I've never had an issue with standardized tests so I kept telling myself this is just another test. I doubt I answered everything you were asking but feel free to ask anything else, I know how beyond grueling this is and I seriously want to help the most I possibly can.

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been following this thread for a while now and everyone has been so helpful.
I took the Mcat on the 5th as well and my scores came back today and I'm so so upset:
500 ( 123 124 125 128)
I actually studied for 6-8 hours everyday for almost 4 months and I absolutely don't know what happened.. I haven't taken physics in school yet but Chem is usually my strong field and I'm so devistated by the score that I got on the physical section (and verbal and bio as well but Chem hit me pretty hard!!)
I guess what I wanted to ask is, for those who retook the exam, what motivated you to keep going, and what did you change from the first time that you took the exam?? Because right now, I feel pretty hopeless :(
Thanks guys

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been following this thread for a while now and everyone has been so helpful.
I took the Mcat on the 5th as well and my scores came back today and I'm so so upset:
500 ( 123 124 125 128)
I actually studied for 6-8 hours everyday for almost 4 months and I absolutely don't know what happened.. I haven't taken physics in school yet but Chem is usually my strong field and I'm so devistated by the score that I got on the physical section (and verbal and bio as well but Chem hit me pretty hard!!)
I guess what I wanted to ask is, for those who retook the exam, what motivated you to keep going, and what did you change from the first time that you took the exam?? Because right now, I feel pretty hopeless :(
Thanks guys

Well I retook the exam on the 20th so I haven't gotten my new scores back yet, however my first score was a 22 on the old MCAT (7/7/8)...not good. It was certainly discouraging but your score isn't necessarily going to keep you out of the running. You won't be going to any top tier schools or anything, but there are still options for you. You can either go ahead and apply with the score you have to probably just DO schools or you can wait a year to apply and retake the exam. I think that practicing sample tests will probably help and completing physics will as well. You do still have hope though. Even though I haven't gotten my score back yet, I went ahead a applied to some DO schools and I actually have an interview (and that's with my score of 22!) main thing, don't get discouraged to the point of giving up. Your score isn't great but it's not the worst of the applicant pool either. Just make sure your GPA is great along with strong EC's