***Official Boston University (BU) Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hi everyone! I applied like REALLY late compared to everyone else, because I wrote the Canadian DAT in November 2019. The results were released in early December; therefore, my application was only considered complete in December. I submitted my application on Dec 15 2019. My stats are pretty good. I have a 3.8 GPA, 3.72 SGPA, and my DAT Scores are BIO-21, Chem-21, PAT 20, RC 18. Do I still have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview in a little over a week. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? Like whether they will notify you in a few days after interviewing or what?
His congrats on your interview. I was just wondering when did you apply???

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't mind me asking, when did u apply?

You're very late into the game but anything can happen. I got an interview email this week and scheduled an interview for next week. They interview only on Fridays and the last interview is in March.

You have a chance but it's slim. I suggest emailing a letter of update to the admissions. I did that and ended up getting an interview

I submitted everything back in July but my LOR was received in August by them

I submitted everything back in July but my LOR was received in August by them

Try sending a letter of update that includes your academics if you did well, DAT scores if you retook, and any extracirrculars. You can also send a letter of interest. I send an update just to show BU that im still interested in them

Did you receive an interview invite after the update you sent them?

Did you receive an interview invite after the update you sent them?

Yeah I did but can't really say that the letter is what led to the interview. Could have been a coincidence buy it doesn't hurt to send letter of updates to all your schools !

s
Yeah I did but can't really say that the letter is what led to the interview. Could have been a coincidence buy it doesn't hurt to send letter of updates to all your schools !

How do you send a letter of update, if you don't mind me asking?

s

How do you send a letter of update, if you don't mind me asking?

I just wrote about my Fall 2019 semester and my achievements. I also included a paragraph about why I'm interested in BU. I then sent it to the administration and dean via email.

Any accepted students looking for a roommate I'm a D2 message me :)
Pros: I live about 3minute walk from school, Yours own bed and bath, I have super affectionate pets.

Hi everyone! I applied like REALLY late compared to everyone else, because I wrote the Canadian DAT in November 2019. The results were released in early December; therefore, my application was only considered complete in December. I submitted my application on Dec 15 2019. My stats are pretty good. I have a 3.8 GPA, 3.72 SGPA, and my DAT Scores are BIO-21, Chem-21, PAT 20, RC 18. Do I still have a shot?

I applied late November with similar stats, a lot of LOR and EC, im now a D2, anything is possible. I didnt interview until Feb.

TBH they said my GPA(3.9) RC (i dont remember high 26+) and PAT (23ish) got me in. so if anything is wrong its your RC and timing

However, if you don't get anything this time its okay, just apply asap next cycle - good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that Boston really considers the RC section, what is their minimal score?

I heard that Boston really considers the RC section, what is their minimal score?
Yeah they love that, but the "minimum" is 15 or 17 to be competitive i think it's like 20?
there's no perfect app or sure fire way to get an interview

Hello everyone! Did anyone reach out to Linda Reed? If so, did you address her as Dr. or Ms.?

Just received a rejection email without interview . Canadian Applicant. AA 24/TS 20/ PAT 20/ RC 30, GPA 3.4 :cryi:

Just received a rejection email without interview . Canadian Applicant. AA 24/TS 20/ PAT 20/ RC 30, GPA 3.4 :cryi:

I'm also a Canadian applicant and I received a rejection email a couple of days ago. AA22 GPA 3.97

I'm also a Canadian applicant and I received a rejection email a couple of days ago. AA22 GPA 3.97

Ahh I see.. I hadn't heard anything from them all cycle so I was a little surprised. Were you rejected without interview as well?

Ahh I see.. I hadn't heard anything from them all cycle so I was a little surprised. Were you rejected without interview as well?

Yeah, rejected without an interview. I thought it could be also be because I applied really late (mid december)

Yeah, rejected without an interview. I thought it could be also be because I applied really late (mid december)
Yea I think applied sort of late as well. Submitted my app mid August. Good luck the rest of the interview cycle! Hope you get into one (if you haven't already)!

Accepted today as well. IS and will be attending!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted after interviewing in January!

Just got accepted today, interviewed early last week

Reactions: 2 users
When does the school interview till?

Got an acceptance today, interviewed Feb 4th. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on the same day but haven't hear back. Did you reached out to Joshua after the interview?
I didn't, I know they said 2-6 weeks so there is still some time but I bet if you called they would give you an update.

Is is safe to say we've been rejected if we never heard anything back from BU and our status still says "received/under review"?

I forgot to post because I interviewed on 2/10, but fortunately, I was accepted on 3/3, so I will be attending. I'm so excited!

Last edited:
Is is safe to say we've been rejected if we never heard anything back from BU and our status still says "received/under review"?
I am not 100% sure so do not quote me on this but I saw on the dental admissions Facebook page where someone posted and said that BU is waiting to see if anyone drops from the current class, and depending on how many more people they need to fill their class, they will continue to pick from the waitlist or do more interviews! It wouldn't hurt contacting the school though to get more accurate information!

I am not 100% sure so do not quote me on this but I saw on the dental admissions Facebook page where someone posted and said that BU is waiting to see if anyone drops from the current class, and depending on how many more people they need to fill their class, they will continue to pick from the waitlist or do more interviews! It wouldn't hurt contacting the school though to get more accurate information!
Congrats! I also interviewed on 2/10. Unfortunately, they never got back to me with a decision. I reached out to Joshua Swanson a couple of weeks ago and he said he's let the committee know. Still nothing, so definitely unusual lol

Hi everyone! I am a Canadian applicant and planning to apply to BU in the next cycle. I was wondering when I can expect to get an interview provided I apply early on in the cycle. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Congrats! I also interviewed on 2/10. Unfortunately, they never got back to me with a decision. I reached out to Joshua Swanson a couple of weeks ago and he said he's let the committee know. Still nothing, so definitely unusual lol
Don't give up hope! Keep on staying in contact with Joshua. It wouldn't hurt to even call the school!

Definitely show the school early interest and why you favor that school

Accepted on 04/08. I interviewed on 2/04 and waitlisted 3/29

I know my stats is pretty average. You just have to show you’re really interested to them. I emailed Joshua a tons of times to give them updates

I know my stats is pretty average. You just have to show you’re really interested to them. I emailed Joshua a tons of times to give them updates
Did you have alot of research under your belt before applying? I dont have any research and just shadowed so I'm not sure If I would be considered or not.

Thank you guys!! I applied in mid-June and these were my stats
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/23/None
Did you already have research under your belt? I didn't do research in my undegrad but was shadowing instead. So I'm not sure If I would be a competitive applicant due to that.

Hi. I was looking into applying to BU this cycle but I am not sure if my stats are good enough. If anyone would be willing to give me advice that'd be great!

Hi. I was looking into applying to BU this cycle but I am not sure if my stats are good enough. If anyone would be willing to give me advice that'd be great!
Hi, I am applying to BU this cycle as well. Let me know if you have any questions and Ill be sure to help. :)