*** Official BU Henry M Goldman Dental School C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Does anyone get rejected post interview? Or just waitlisted??

What's the reason for a waitlist? Could it be stats or was it that I was bad at my interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope both places I interviewed at have been waitlists. I think I interviewed too late in the game

From what I hear, the waitlist turns over pretty quickly at BU. Just keep in touch with admissions with emails expressing your interest.

Also - good to see another Alabamian make their way up here! #RollTideRoll

Reactions: 2 users
What are people doing for housing?

It really depends on your budget. Fenway/Kenmore is a bit pricy. But it is a nice area and has easy access to the BU shuttle.

Just don't make the mistake of renting in Roxbury like I did for my masters at BU. That area... yikes.

Members don't see this ad :)
It really depends on your budget. Fenway/Kenmore is a bit pricy. But it is a nice area and has easy access to the BU shuttle.

Just don't make the mistake of renting in Roxbury like I did for my masters at BU. That area... yikes.
Haha I almost made that mistake. Then I google earth the place and I saw the back yard is a junk yard.

Haha I almost made that mistake. Then I google earth the place and I saw the back yard is a junk yard.
I have some horror stories about living in Roxbury. Just signed a lease for 9/1 in Fenway area.

I have some horror stories about living in Roxbury. Just signed a lease for 9/1 in Fenway area.
Can you share some of those stories? I'm considering living in Roxbury and commuting to school (but I'm prolly hella naive)

Can you share some of those stories? I'm considering living in Roxbury and commuting to school (but I'm prolly hella naive)
If your car is still there in the morning.

But for real. It's just not a safe neighborhood. stabbings and shootings

Reactions: 1 users

1. I've had people try to break into my back door in the middle of the day while I was studying at home.
2. Random gun shots at night (I apparently live down the road from Heath Street Gang)
3. Drive-by shooting at classmate's neighbor's house (also lives in Roxbury)
4. Just last week - a creep wearing a cap was trying to look into my bedroom window through my blinds in broad daylight.

1. I've had people try to break into my back door in the middle of the day while I was studying at home.
2. Random gun shots at night (I apparently live down the road from Heath Street Gang)
3. Drive-by shooting at classmate's neighbor's house (also lives in Roxbury)
4. Just last week - a creep wearing a cap was trying to look into my bedroom window through my blinds in broad daylight.
Sucks because similar to Maryland where UMD has huge crime issues, it is near impossible to get a concealed firearm permit to protect yourself from these crooks in Massachussets

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on everyone's acceptances! I am moving from Alabama to BU for perio residency. I'm currently looking for roommates if anyone's interested.

Does anybody know the minimum pre-requisite grades to maintain admissions? Or do we just have to complete them before matriculation?
It says that we just have to complete them before matriculation...

Does anybody know the minimum pre-requisite grades to maintain admissions? Or do we just have to complete them before matriculation?
It says that we just have to complete them before matriculation...
Pretty sure you just have to pass them and get credit. It's really just a plus to try to get as high as possible of a grade. But, if you wanna clarify just call the admissions at school to make sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sucks because similar to Maryland where UMD has huge crime issues, it is near impossible to get a concealed firearm permit to protect yourself from these crooks in Massachussets
You definitely have to watch your back up here. Someone stole my Nike running shoes from my back pack on the orange line while I was going home from the gym (planet fitness, not BU gym).

People on the waitlist, did you get a confirmation from the comitee when you accepted your position

Anyone from January interview still waiting to hear back?

You definitely have to watch your back up here. Someone stole my Nike running shoes from my back pack on the orange line while I was going home from the gym (planet fitness, not BU gym).
Planet fitness is not a gym.

Reactions: 4 users
Is BU done with interview invites for this cycle?

Lmao I make do (due?) with what I can get. BU's gym is amazing but very far from where I live.
What about bsc? Kinda pricey but you can look into a student discount. There's one right next to the school on Harrison

What about bsc? Kinda pricey but you can look into a student discount. There's one right next to the school on Harrison
Perhaps - though it is kind of hard to beat $10/month and open 24 hrs. PF also has everything I use.

Luckily I'm living very close to a BU shuttle next year, so I will probably be going to BU gym all next year.

Perhaps - though it is kind of hard to beat $10/month and open 24 hrs. PF also has everything I use.

Luckily I'm living very close to a BU shuttle next year, so I will probably be going to BU gym all next year.

I understand. I agree 10 bucks is a good deal. Their concept is great too, but i need a bench squat rack and be allowed to deadlift.

Fitrec is nice but it's ALWAYS packed. Be prepared to wait for everything.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance here! I got accepted into my state school.
Good luck to everyone. I hope one of you guys will get my spot.

Reactions: 10 users
How many people are typically on the waitlist?

If we interviewed in mid Feb and have heard nothing (no acceptance, waitlist) is it a silent rejection? :( :( :(

I am wondering if anyone else is still under review? I have tried emailing but they just said keep waiting... Wondering when interviews go until?

Accepted!!
Interviewed 2/6. So if you've been waiting for long -don't worry!
Will be declining. Best of luck @okiedokeartichoke and @rolltide15 i hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 8 users
I heard the admissions people were out of office and we wouldn't hear anything back for the next couple weeks.

I called admissions last week and that's the information they gave me

Could be! I got my acceptance last Friday.. couldn't check my email till I got home because I was out of the country!