*** Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Med. Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

chompsss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this started yet - figured it should be! Secondaries have started coming out already - got mine June 26th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised this hasn't been up yet either lol, good luck everyone!!

Good luck everyone. I completed everything but on AADSAS it still says waiting for additional information. Does anyone else see this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone. I completed everything but on AADSAS it still says waiting for additional information. Does anyone else see this?
I got an email asking for a fee and a really tiny online secondary application. That's probably what it's waiting for. They want this from everyone, and I know this because my DAT and GPA have not been entered yet and I still got the email haha

Reactions: 1 users
Wanna get my spot in Boston's vault before October 23 lol.

I got an email asking for a fee and a really tiny online secondary application. That's probably what it's waiting for. They want this from everyone, and I know this because my DAT and GPA have not been entered yet and I still got the email haha
Hi,

I already sent everything in about three weeks ago. My status just changed to "Under Review", so everything worked out.

Just received an interview invite here today! Had been Received/Under Review on AADSAS since 7/9.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Mine has been like that as well so I'm waiting for it to change!

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks! 20 AA, 21 TS and 3.37 sGPA, 3.48 oGPA. Not the greatest I know, haha. Tried to make it up with a strong personal statement, extracurriculars, etc. though.

@cotoncub I'm sure it will soon :) edit: My status changed the next day to Invited for Interview.

@PINKEROC Thank you! I was notified via email!

Last edited:
Got an interview!

Notified via email yesterday and my status just changed!

oGPA = 3.36 sGPA = 3.18 AA = 24 TS = 25 PAT = 25

Interview invite today! Scheduled for Oct. 5th.

cgpa: 3.78 sgpa: 3.76

DAT is in my sig!

Members don't see this ad :)
e-submitted 2 days ago. I know kind of late but now I have a stellar PS. Does anyone know how long until BU e-mails applicants the supplemental info?

Way to go @Anselmian !! Which batch were you?
I E-submitted before the first batch was sent out, but my PPA didn't get my committee letter in until July 10th-ish, so take that as you will!

e-submitted 2 days ago. I know kind of late but now I have a stellar PS. Does anyone know how long until BU e-mails applicants the supplemental info?
Should be any minute now. I got it not long after esubmitting!

It will come quickly! I got mine right away.

Last edited:
It will come quickly! I got mine right away. If you would like to get started so you can quickly do it when you get the email, the question asks "why BU would be a good fit for you" (1000 character max including spaces)

thats strange because my best friend e-submitted 3 weeks ago and still has received no word from BU. He is also a 3rd time applicant so I am really trying to help him gain an acceptance this cycle. Any reason he received nothing yet?

When you got the "Received/Under Review" from Boston University. Did anyone get interviews, regardless if GPA was verified or not?

Got the interview request yesterday - stats: oGPA: 3.2, sGPA: 3.8, bcpGPA: 4.0, AA: 21, TS: 20, PAT: 21, RC: 26, nothing 17 or below

Reactions: 3 users
Hello,
I received the interview invite from BU on 8/6/15, I guess I am early.
I am scheduled for Oct. 26th.

Hey guys! Are we supposed to receive a confirmation that BU received our completed application after our app was mailed? All I have received is the "we received your app" email (once I e-submitted and before it was officially mailed) and the "this is a receipt of your supp app fee" email.

Hey guys! Are we supposed to receive a confirmation that BU received our completed application after our app was mailed? All I have received is the "we received your app" email (once I e-submitted and before it was officially mailed) and the "this is a receipt of your supp app fee" email.

I believe that after primary app, I got both emails saying what you said, and then I got an email saying that they are under review and wait. Lol

And then I got an interview invitation email on 8/6/15.

I believe that after primary app, I got both emails saying what you said, and then I got an email saying that they are under review and wait. Lol

And then I got an interview invitation email on 8/6/15.

Oh ok! When did you get the "under review and wait" email? My app was mailed out 7/24 and I haven't heard anything about it being under review, but on AADSAS it says received/under review...which it has been saying since I submitted haha.

Oh ok! When did you get the "under review and wait" email? My app was mailed out 7/24 and I haven't heard anything about it being under review, but on AADSAS it says received/under review...which it has been saying since I submitted haha.

I just checked my email again.
Under review and wait email was basically a reply from admission officer I talk to. So, you would not get that under review and wait email. After the supp ap is submitted, you will not hear back from them until they invite you to the interview or reject you i think.

I just checked my email again.
Under review and wait email was basically a reply from admission officer I talk to. So, you would not get that under review and wait email. After the supp ap is submitted, you will not hear back from them until they invite you to the interview or reject you i think.
Ok, thank you! :)

Notification date: August 5
Interview date: 10/13/15
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.55,3.49 (inc)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/21/23
Just graduated undergrad in May about to start Rutgers GSBS masters program
Waiting on other schools now
I got an email and updated on aadsas.

anyone know if they prefer students from BU undergrad? kinda wish i went there as this is my top choice

anyone know if they prefer students from BU undergrad? kinda wish i went there as this is my top choice

Have you filled out supplemental yet?
Did you have any connection with BU medical and dental works like research lab or clinical works?
They prefer those individuals I think. Since they ask you to write something like that in supplemental app.

I worked in Boston Medical Center trauma rooms for pediatric and adult care during my undergraduate study, and it helped me to get the interview right away too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the rumor is true that BU accepts roughly 87% of those it interviews? Thanks!

Went to BU undergrad and just graduated in 2014. From what they tell me, they look at Bu students more highly because they know BUs curriculum.

Got my interview for October 9th on 8/4. See you all there!

Does anyone know if the rumor is true that BU accepts roughly 87% of those it interviews? Thanks!
Given the fact that they interviewed into June... I'd say they have a pretty high turnover rate and therefore accept a large amount of applicants who wind up turning down BU. just my thought

Notification date: August 6
Interview date: 10/27/15
Residency: international student
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/21/nothing below 17.

Hey!

Could you all help me with why Boston University School of Dental Medicine?

I have various amounts of community service but would that be a valid reason of why BU? They do a lot of community service and I can relate to that but I do not know how to make a strong statement other than relating it to my experiences and stating similar programs they do that I have done in the past

Thanks in advance!

I am mildly concerned about my app with BU. I sent in my supplemental on 7/22 and my AADSAS app was mailed 8/28. Couple people I talked to got interview invites within a couple of days of sending in their supplemental.

I am mildly concerned about my app with BU. I sent in my supplemental on 7/22 and my AADSAS app was mailed 8/28. Couple people I talked to got interview invites within a couple of days of sending in their supplemental.

I am in the same exact boat. Submitted supplement 7/31... Full application e submitted 8/28. Did not hear back from BU since

Your application was mailed 8/28 and you STILL haven't been invited for an interview?
I'd be worried too.

I am in the same exact boat. Submitted supplement 7/31... Full application e submitted 8/28. Did not hear back from BU since

Your application was e-submitted on 8/28 and you havent been invited for an interview? That's rough. Maybe you should call the dean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
If you are truly interested in attending BU and haven't heard anything.. You should contact them and tell them that. From my cycle, they seemed to not contact a lot of people unless they showed interest.

Wouldn't calling be a little obnoxious?

Same here.. I haven't heard from them since I've submitted my supplement..

Hi guys I was wondering if it is too late to add this school to my application? I applied everywhere else in June.

Hi guys I was wondering if it is too late to add this school to my application? I applied everywhere else in June.
Maybe... They are filling up interview dates until November quickly. But try it.