*** Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Med. Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Waitlisted as well. Thought my interview went well, too. 3.5 GPA 19TS 20 AA
Does the waitlist move? When can we expect to hear back?
MORE WAITING :(
Im sorry :( do you mind telling us when you interviewed and when you heard about the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No news is good news. BU will make it rain acceptances next week..heard it here first

Reactions: 5 users
Would BU not update students on their status after their interview if they are not interested? Based on last years thread it looks like a few students just never heard anything from the school after their interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would BU not update students on their status after their interview if they are not interested? Based on last years thread it looks like a few students just never heard anything from the school after their interviews
.... That's just too cruel..

Nooooooooooooo

Stay motivated and stay interested! People heard back in June!! I am really pulling through for you people to get in!

Stay focused

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected today without interview. Applied in August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone asked/called recently about the possibility of some acceptances being offered? Been waiting on edge to hear from BU! I absolutely loved their campus and the environment when I interviewed and it put BU at my #1 choice.
P.S. I interviewed in late February

Has anyone asked/called recently about the possibility of some acceptances being offered? Been waiting on edge to hear from BU! I absolutely loved their campus and the environment when I interviewed and it put BU at my #1 choice.
P.S. I interviewed in late February
I interviewed on the 22nd and I am dying to hear from them.

Got on the Alternate List. Not what I wanted obviously, but still extremely grateful! Interviewed 2/29. Anyone know if there is an order on that list and how many people generally hear about getting selected off of it?

Last edited:
Just got on the alternate list... thanks Boston! School #5 on my waitlist WAHOOO!!!

Got on the Alternate List. Not what I wanted obviously, but still extremely grateful! Interviewed 2/28. Anyone know if there is an order on that list and how many people generally hear about getting selected off of it?
did you get an email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

did you get an email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Yes I did. I'm hoping that I get picked up quick off of the alternate list!

Good luck to you if you're still waiting to hear. Still, no news is good news because you know it's not a no.

Also sorry to be bombarding this thread with replies.....

But does anyone know the rate at which people get accepted off of the alternate list? Just really want to know my chances as BU has become my first choice haha.

3/1 ! I guess I will likely get waitlisted too..

They gotta accept somebody.. I'm yet to hear anything as well but I interviewed first week of February. At this point an acceptance feels too good to be true. But at the same time, I'm confident that I deserve a spot so I'm staying positive

That's messed up..
I know mannnnn... what is up with these schools teasing me and making me spend so much money travelling. I don't get why dental schools don't fly us in like some of the corporate jobs in other careers :\

I know mannnnn... what is up with these schools teasing me and making me spend so much money travelling. I don't get why dental schools don't fly us in like some of the corporate jobs in other careers :\
I'm waitlisted at NYU and BU should be my last hope.. :( It's just so hard to get one acceptance..

I'm waitlisted at NYU and BU should be my last hope.. :( It's just so hard to get one acceptance..
I HEAR YEAH BRO! We're in this together man we're in the same boat, we can do this! Start preparing for what you should do if you don't get in this cycle, that is what I am doing and it is keeping my mind off of the acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
:scared:
Also sorry to be bombarding this thread with replies.....

But does anyone know the rate at which people get accepted off of the alternate list? Just really want to know my chances as BU has become my first choice haha.

Friend got waitlisted December 1st and heard back at the end of february, although thats only one case. Im assuming theres a ranked list for waitlisted and it can go all the way up to June or July, no?

I havent heard back yet im hoping its this afternoon... :scared:

I HEAR YEAH BRO! We're in this together man we're in the same boat, we can do this! Start preparing for what you should do if you don't get in this cycle, that is what I am doing and it is keeping my mind off of the acceptances.
Yeah, I'm currently attending master's program, so I'm kind of overwhelmed by these midterm exams and my uncertain future lol.

Reactions: 2 users

Friend got waitlisted December 1st and heard back at the end of february, although thats only one case. Im assuming theres a ranked list for waitlisted and it can go all the way up to June or July, no?

I'm hoping to hear this afternoon too... or else we won't hear back until after their spring break, I guess.

I just want to know where in the ranking scheme I am haha. It would put my mind at ease.

Is the waitlist even ranked? or do they just re-review?
What is your DAT and GPA if you got waitlisted?

lol I didn't do anything today except chilling on my bed waiting for the email... what a waste

Lol that's awful. Even if you did get the acceptance today that's just not a very efficient use of your time. Did you at least binge eat?