*** Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Med. Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

the more i wait the more nervous i get and the more i check this forum. :sick: Lets start a new page so we do t have to keep scrolling all the way to the bottom!

P.s. I appreciate you guys keeping this forum alive! God knows how torturous the wait is especially when theres no one to share it with!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
the more i wait the more nervous i get and the more i check this forum. :sick: Lets start a new page so we do t have to keep scrolling all the way to the bottom!

P.s. I appreciate you guys keeping this forum alive! God knows how torturous the wait is especially when theres no one to share it with!
Hey, I just called the admission, and they don't know when we can hear back.. they said we can hear at any point from now to a month. I think it's better for us to forget about the whole thing and just do our best to improve our app! But I am really glad that we are going through this tough time together, I hope we all get the acceptance at the same time same day :D

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I just called the admission, and they don't know when we can hear back.. they said we can hear at any point from now to a month. I think it's better for us to forget about the whole thing and just do our best to improve our app! But I am really glad that we are going through this tough time together, I hope we all get the acceptance at the same time same day :D

Did they say anything about how many seats have been filled as of now?

Hiii
Got the acceptance email at 4:48pm
:D:D:D
Undergrad gpa 3.1, aa20
2nd time applicant

What are your specific stats?
BCP? Science GPA?
Science gpa undergrad was 2.8, but improved a lot the last two years and in my master's. What is BCP? My blood cell profile is A+, but i wasnt able to put that in my application

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your specific stats?
BCP? Science GPA?
Oh jk i found out what BCP is,
I dont know the numbers but i got pretty much straight Bs in biology, As in physics, and failed orgo/ got a D in chem I. Gahh im still kinda traumatized by chemistry. But oddly it was my best score on the DAT with a 23 in orgo and 20 in general lol

Oh jk i found out what BCP is,
I dont know the numbers but i got pretty much straight Bs in biology, As in physics, and failed orgo/ got a D in chem I. Gahh im still kinda traumatized by chemistry. But oddly it was my best score on the DAT with a 23 in orgo and 20 in general lol
Doesn't matter now! you're in :) congrats!!! What was your gpa in masters

Hehe yes!
Doesn't matter now! you're in :) congrats!!! What was your gpa in masters
Hehe yes! Masters: 3.3 GPA
1 A, 2 B+, 1B
I should mention though, to compensate for my grades, my extracuriculars are a little off the charts.
I did pretty much everything possible and went ham lol.

Hehe yes!

Hehe yes! Masters: 3.3 GPA
1 A, 2 B+, 1B
I should mention though, to compensate for my grades, my extracuriculars are a little off the charts.
I did pretty much everything possible and went ham lol.
What other interviews did you have? any other acceptances?

Do acceptances come out on fridays usually ?

I am losing hope. I did everything I can do to get in to Dental School but I got a waitlist from BU, not even mention rejected by other school. I have a sci GPA of 3.79, DAT AA 21, 2 semester of research experiences, 2 years of dental assistant experiences, 3 semester of physical therapy assistant, and a summer job at BIDMC. But I took a semester off last semester( withdrew in the half of the semester). I guess that's why they hate me. I don't even know if I should reapply next year since I have 8 W on my transcript( yea in one semester). Life is sou tough and I should move on.

I am losing hope. I did everything I can do to get in to Dental School but I got a waitlist from BU, not even mention rejected by other school. I have a sci GPA of 3.79, DAT AA 21, 2 semester of research experiences, 2 years of dental assistant experiences, 3 semester of physical therapy assistant, and a summer job at BIDMC. But I took a semester off last semester( withdrew in the half of the semester). I guess that's why they hate me. I don't even know if I should reapply next year since I have 8 W on my transcript( yea in one semester). Life is sou tough and I should move on.

You should contact all of the schools you've heard back from and ask about what you could have improved on in your application, and if there is anything that you could do to improve your chances for this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Never lose hope! If dentistry is what you want to do then push harder.
Call the schools and ask how you can improve your application
Your GPA and DAT are compettetive!

I must agree, the hardest part of the process is pulling through the grades. All you have to do with your competitive gpa and dat is find out what you're missing by asking ppl and spend at least the summer improving your app.

You sir have hope. Please reach out to Boston University Dental School and ask on improvements and see specifically what you can tailor your application to do better on for the next upcoming cycle!

I can't or anyone on this forum can't offer you more advice than that. Here is a quote that renders towards your situation:
"The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers." - Ruth Benedict

So.. Ask the right people for the right answers. Thus, life wouldn't be so difficult to manage for next cycle!

Hope that helps.

so people who didn't get an interview invite-can we assume we are rejected?

If your Aadsas status is still "recieved/under review" then Send an email to the admissions office and ask for a status update.

I believe there would only be a few exceptional interviews if any, but the last interview was 3/1. If you were depending on BU, dont beat yourself up!! Many ppl including myself didnt get in the first try. There are some very great master's programs that increases your chances quite a bit too!

Hey guys, I have been accepted here but will probably drop my spot if I get into my hometown university in Canada. Best of luck to those that are waiting.

Waitlisted, interviewed 3/1. Glad to have a chance, but kinda disappointed :(

Hey guys, I have been accepted here but will probably drop my spot if I get into my hometown university in Canada. Best of luck to those that are waiting.
Congrats! When was your interview ?

Congrats! When was your interview ?
My interview was in January but I barely post on these forums haha, sorry guys! Me and my brother both got accepted mid feb, he's most likely going here, but I'm awaiting my acceptance (hopefully) in June. I don't know why my school gives it out so late but that's just the way it is.
I'm excited to meet my classmates if I do go to BU and I hope that all of you make it in at some point. If not, I hope to see you guys next year!
Don't give up

Anyone know if we have to collect teeth?

Has anyone heard of people getting accepted off of the Alternate List recently? I hope that I hear before May 15th (the day where people with multiple deposits have to choose a single school)!

Has anyone heard of people getting accepted off of the Alternate List recently? I hope that I hear before May 15th (the day where people with multiple deposits have to choose a single school)!
I thought it was April not May