***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winner32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets get this started!

I emailed admissions regarding supplementals and they said they are in the process of sending them out. Hoping for this week. Anyone know if there will be supplemental questions in addition to the ones we had to complete in the program materials?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the message, I was curious as to when they were going to send out the supplementals as well. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Lets get this started!

I emailed admissions regarding supplementals and they said they are in the process of sending them out. Hoping for this week. Anyone know if there will be supplemental questions in addition to the ones we had to complete in the program materials?
Pretty sure it will just be a link to pay the fee.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure it will just be a link to pay the fee.

Okay thats good! I still haven't received the link to pay though. It's weird because on AADSAS BU shows as "received/waiting additional info". Anyone else have that?

Okay thats good! I still haven't received the link to pay though. It's weird because on AADSAS BU shows as "received/waiting additional info". Anyone else have that?

If you've finished your app and have a verified transcript, with LORs, DAT, etc. you will have the "received/waiting additional info" status until you pay the $75 fee. I'm not sure that anyone has received the payment link yet because I got an email on 6/19 saying that it would be emailed separate but within no specific timeframe. My guess is that they're probably waiting till they have enough applicants to send out a large mass email. I would just be patient.

Reactions: 2 users
same here. they have everything (app, dat, transcripts and i submitted june 5th). what @ChillCops! said sounds about right.

Maybe check the junk mail box.

Yeah I checked that too. I'll just wait till monday and then call
Same here I only received one email from BU no email to supplemental fee link :<

Same here I only received one email from BU no email to supplemental fee link :<
Good to know I'm not the only one waiting for the fee link

That's weird. Mine came like 2 days after I submitted AADSAS.
I might sure they will send you the link. If you're nervous just call. They'll just probably say it's coming

I am waiting for the fee too, I only got one email from BU as well

I just emailed BU and they said supplemental apps should be sent out later this week:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I was gonna call today but you saved me trouble. @Winner32

Is this The link for the fee or new questions to answer?
Only link to fee and some question to answer yes/no

Mine says the same thing. I'm just waiting on the email with the link to pay the fee. Have you received the email yet?

Mine says the same thing. I'm just waiting on the email with the link to pay the fee. Have you received the email yet?

Mine hasn't changed, but keep in mind it is 4th of July today too.

My decision status says "received/waiting additional info" but I'm assuming it's because my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet.

I'm feeling a mixture of pure excitement and anxiety lol

My decision status says "received/waiting additional info" but I'm assuming it's because my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet.

I'm feeling a mixture of pure excitement and anxiety lol
Unless they have the letters, they won't look at your application

Unless they have the letters, they won't look at your application

I have all of my letters and it still says that for me as well

I just called BU and they said it will be "a couple weeks" before they send out the email to pay the app fee bc they are still working on the system. so i guess we wait.

and there wont be any more questions to answer. the extra questions were posted to aadsas. makes senses since they dont want to read more than 2 extra paragraphs for 1000s of applicants.

I guess I got very lucky that I got the link before they shut it down to fix it. They don't invite for interview anyway just yet. My check status says awaiting info doc even though I have everything's they won't consider it

Last edited:
I guess I got very lucky that I got the link before they shut it down to fix it. They don't invite for interview anyway just yet. My check status says awaiting info doc even though I have everything's they won't consider it
Same here. I got the link and paid it. Have the confirmation and everything. But then I received another email a few days later saying that my application was received and they would send more information in the coming weeks to pay the fee. Did you also get this @fit2 ? Worried I'm gonna have to pay it twice lol.

Yea the 'questions' section on the AADSAS are the same as last year's secondary for BU, so I just a fee to be paid no additional questions.

Same here. I got the link and paid it. Have the confirmation and everything. But then I received another email a few days later saying that my application was received and they would send more information in the coming weeks to pay the fee. Did you also get this @fit2 ? Worried I'm gonna have to pay it twice lol.
oh yeah...went back through my mail and realized they mailed me the "take you app to the next step" bs. I wouldn't be worried they're just slow updating everything in their system. in a few weeks they should update us again that out application is complete. BU is not the fastest school in terms of processing everything. i don't think you should be worried. I think many people are in your situation

just received confirmation of complete application at BU. they said my application will be going under review
so @hail2pitt39 they won't double charge you

just got an email saying my fee was processed and my app is now under review. submitted 6/20 and supp 6/28... just takes some time i think

That's so strange because I haven't even gotten the email to pay or access the supplemental app. Hope it comes soon, but congrats to those who are under review so far

Received their initial email on 6/16 when my application was complete. Still nothing from them. Meh

just received confirmation of complete application at BU. they said my application will be going under review
so @hail2pitt39 they won't double charge you
I think you meant to tag me haha. But yup, also just saw the email that my application is under review. :)

I'm so confused.. so is "under review" the last step before a potential interview offer, or is it "application complete"? I have been told two different things.

I'm so confused.. so is "under review" the last step before a potential interview offer, or is it "application complete"? I have been told two different things.
More or less the same. You don't really know what day you're being looked at and some schools don't invite to interview for another 1-2 months. But u know that if your application is complete or under review that you're done with everything that schools requires and u just sit back and wait from them

Just received the email for link! There are two emails, one with general information like status, interviews, and another with the actual link to the Applicant Gateway.

Is anyone else still waiting for the supplemental? I got the initial under review email back in June, but not the supplemental still :/

It looks like they just activated the system though cuz I received the emails last night at 10:46 and 10:50 PM.

It read:
Boston University Doctor of Dental Medicine invites you to take the next step with your application. Please visit your Boston University Doctor of Dental Medicine Applicant Gateway to complete your next activity.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Boston University Doctor of Dental Medicine

This is frustrating I was complete weeks ago and got the initial email from BU now some are getting the link today... and I know people are saying it'll come when it does but for someone who put a lot of effort to get their app complete early and get everything submitted, it's unfortunate to get the supp the same time as a mid July applicant.

This is frustrating I was complete weeks ago and got the initial email from BU now some are getting the link today... and I know people are saying it'll come when it does but for someone who put a lot of effort to get their app complete early and get everything submitted, it's unfortunate to get the supp the same time as a mid July applicant.
Mid July is still early and with no more batch numbers anymore it seems like for a lot of schools that start reviewing applications a bit later it doesn't matter much if you submit in June or July, both are considered early to them.

Yeah I submitted the earliest possible day, June 1, and some people got the link like two weeks ago. Crazy
But you'll get it. I don't think the order of submitting this fee will matter much though?

Last edited:
Yeah you guys are right. I just wana make sure I'm giving myself the best shot since I'm not a 4.0 25aa student and also a cdn applicant lol

Literally just called and was told that the majority of their applicants have not received an email about their supplemental yet. So just hang tight

Literally just called and was told that the majority of their applicants have not received an email about their supplemental yet. So just hang tight

Thank you kind sir!(or ma'am)

supplemental doesn't require any writing. it's just the fee. that'll take a second to pay online and after that you're set.
anyone who hasn't gotten that update hang tight...they'll be sending out that e-mail very soon. no need to worry at this point for BU you're still very early

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got the email to pay my supplemental fee. Woo

Reactions: 3 users
I got the email too! Feels like I got an interview what a relief lool

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.