***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been waiting since I applied here in early September. Canadian as well. 3.6 oGPA 3.63 sGPA 21 AA 22 TS nothing below 20

Boston is weird for sure
yeah I haven't heard a thing since I applied in early August, 3.63 GPA, 23 AA

Members don't see this ad.

It's clear to me that BU is moving away from being canadian friendly, just like tufts. Tufts used to admit a few Canadian but they stopped a couple years ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you sure you had the correct LOR and pre req stuff? Sometimes if you don’t hear anything at all it’s because the app isn’t complete. I was denied places before interview but the ones I still haven’t heard anything back at all are ones that my LOR don’t qualify.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m at a point where I need an answer from BU. I have to re-up on my apartment and it’s been over 3months since my interview....

Are you sure you had the correct LOR and pre req stuff? Sometimes if you don’t hear anything at all it’s because the app isn’t complete. I was denied places before interview but the ones I still haven’t heard anything back at all are ones that my LOR don’t qualify.

If he or she is from Canada that may just be enough to not hear anything

Reactions: 1 user
If he or she is from Canada that may just be enough to not hear anything
I'm international, not even Canadian, and still got in with similar stats! So don't lose hope, all the international applicants!

I'm international, not even Canadian, and still got in with similar stats! So don't lose hope, all the international applicants!
Are you advanced standing or the 4 year ?

Any idea on when the seat deposit dates were/are?

Any idea on when the seat deposit dates were/are?
The response period for applicants extended an offer of acceptance on or after February 1 and through May 15 is 15 days. Applicants accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate response to an admissions offer.

From Adea

The response period for applicants extended an offer of acceptance on or after February 1 and through May 15 is 15 days. Applicants accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate response to an admissions offer.

From Adea
Thank you, good sir.

Sure! I should have just answered them all at once :D
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.50
DAT scores: AA 24, TS 21, Bio 19, GC 30, OC 19, PAT 22, QR 28, RC 22

The interview was pretty conversational, but still stuck to my app. Just be yourself and be respectful. Hope this helps!

:wideyed::wideyed: If you dont mind, how did you study for GC to make a 30?? I dont think Ive seen anyone make 30 yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
:wideyed::wideyed: If you dont mind, how did you study for GC to make a 30?? I dont think Ive seen anyone make 30 yet.
I tutored AP Chem for about a year and somehow just managed to do it. Didn't really study extra- in fact, chem was my weakest in college. :D Also I was fortunate enough to get easy questions on the test.

I’m at a point where I need an answer from BU. I have to re-up on my apartment and it’s been over 3months since my interview....
I had my interview a month ago, haven't heard back from them either. They said that it takes 4-6 weeks for them to make a decision. Why dont you try contacting the school?

I had my interview a month ago, haven't heard back from them either. They said that it takes 4-6 weeks for them to make a decision. Why dont you try contacting the school?
I have contacted them on multiple occasions. They give the same generic response. “We’re still reviewing...”

I have contacted them on multiple occasions. They give the same generic response. “We’re still reviewing...”
I don’t know for sure but it sounds like that’s their version of waitlist without actually putting you on the waitlist. I’d consider it better actually, good luck. I know that doesn’t help you much it’s just a waiting game at this point for us both

I don’t know for sure but it sounds like that’s their version of waitlist without actually putting you on the waitlist. I’d consider it better actually, good luck. I know that doesn’t help you much it’s just a waiting game at this point for us both
Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for the optimism tho!

Does BU interview through March or are they done at the end of February?

waitlisted today and two others from my interview day (feb 5) were waitlisted the others haven't heard anything

Did anyone who received interview a BU send a letter of intent or something similar? BU is one of my top choices and i was wonder what others were doing to improve their chances.

Waitlisted!! got the email yesterday , interviewed 1/5

Anyone know if they are done interviewing?

Reactions: 2 users
Did any Canadian resident got interviewed or accepted? If they were not planning on taking any Canadians this year, shouldn't they let us know so they don't take our application money?

Did any Canadian resident got interviewed or accepted? If they were not planning on taking any Canadians this year, shouldn't they let us know so they don't take our application money?
There were Canadians at my interview

There were Canadians accepted

I interviewed on 1/9 and I still haven't heard back anything... its been way over 6 weeks now, I hope its not a bad thing..

I interviewed on 1/9 and I still haven't heard back anything... its been way over 6 weeks now, I hope its not a bad thing..
I interviewed back in November and still haven’t heard anything.

That is true ! before applying I asked if they take Canadians and applied after they said yes, then after application they told me that this year they have not accepted any Canadians . I want my money back then.

That is true ! before applying I asked if they take Canadians and applied after they said yes, then after application they told me that this year they have not accepted any Canadians . I want my money back then.
when did you ask?

before applying, it was in May last year
Are you sure? That's big news then. Are they considering Canadians at all this cycle or they are considering Canadians at the end of the cycle?

someone from my interview group (feb 5) was accepted today w/ scholarship

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I have to be denied by this point. My status is still "Invited for Interview" and I interviewed 4 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.