***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't get a response yet, when can you expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there are any post-december interviews left?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted this afternoon! :clap: Will be attending.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted!!! Does anyone know if there's a facebook page for the class yet? If not, are we allowed to make one ourselves? or how does it work?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted!!! Does anyone know if there's a facebook page for the class yet? If not, are we allowed to make one ourselves? or how does it work?

I think someone from admissions makes the group and you get added onto it once you give your confirmation of attendance.

I just declined my offer of admission to BU. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear good news :)

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews?
Don't worry! I still think there is time. I know people who got interview invites at the end of January for interviews in February.

Reactions: 1 user
So I just got the link to pay the supplemental fee, do you guys think I should pay it or is it too late?

accepted this afternoon! :clap: Will be attending.
Hey can you tell me what makes you want to attend BU? I got accepted to Temple, BU, and NYU so I am trying to decide between these schools by the end of today. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thank you!

Hey can you tell me what makes you want to attend BU? I got accepted to Temple, BU, and NYU so I am trying to decide between these schools by the end of today. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thank you!

Congrats on your acceptances! I’ve heard great things about all those schools. NYU is more expensive in tuition and in living, and the class size is very large. However NYU has great program, lots of international recognition and opportunity if you want to specialize (more seats). BU has a large class size as well, not as large but they are more profs to teach you and be hands on. BU is also getting a new building with new clinic and sim lab next year. Boston is also a great city, that is smaller and feels more homey to at least. I only interviewed at Boston schools, so I may be a little bias.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptances! I’ve heard great things about all those schools. NYU is more expensive in tuition and in living, and the class size is very large. However NYU has great program, lots of international recognition and opportunity if you want to specialize (more seats). BU has a large class size as well, not as large but they are more profs to teach you and be hands on. BU is also getting a new building with new clinic and sim lab next year. Boston is also a great city, that is smaller and feels more homey to at least. I only interviewed at Boston schools, so I may be a little bias.
Thank you! I decided to go to BU! Hopefully see you in class. Bt
Thank you! I am attending BU since it's close to home. However, do you know when the new building will be done with new clinic and sim lab? Will we have access to new pre clinic when we start? Sorry about all these questions. I don't know if you know since you are in Boston?

Thank you! I am attending BU since it's close to home. However, do you know when the new building will be done with new clinic and sim lab? Will we have access to new pre clinic when we start? Sorry about all these questions. I don't know if you know since you are in Boston?
I was told at my BU interview that we should be the first class fully integrated into the renovations and they should be done this summer (2020). Although, when I interviewed in November, it looked like they were ways off from completion and it is a pretty serious renovation with the huge portion they're adding to an existing building, so I would be surprised if it was complete by this summer, but that is what they told us

I was told at my BU interview that we should be the first class fully integrated into the renovations and they should be done this summer (2020). Although, when I interviewed in November, it looked like they were ways off from completion and it is a pretty serious renovation with the huge portion they're adding to an existing building, so I would be surprised if it was complete by this summer, but that is what they told us
Thank you! Is there a facebook page for the class?

I'm not sure on the simulation lab, I believe you guys will be the first to have access to them. As for the clinics, you guys should be good. Our class is projected to be in the new labs by D4, which is in two years. The new entrance and lobby just opened up this year, and construction is still underway for the rest of the building.

I'm not sure on the simulation lab, I believe you guys will be the first to have access to them. As for the clinics, you guys should be good. Our class is projected to be in the new labs by D4, which is in two years. The new entrance and lobby just opened up this year, and construction is still underway for the rest of the building.
Thank you! How has your experience been with construction going on and new renovations?

Thank you! How has your experience been with construction going on and new renovations?
The construction isn't too bad, especially since we are in the simulation lab and another auditorium that aren't in the main building for the most part. I'm sure it is annoying for the D1's though, as a few classes that we had in the main building last semester were drowned out by some of the construction noise. A majority of D1 classes are located in a single classroom in the main building. We are jealous of the incoming classes though, because you guys will get to experience the new building while we are in the transition phase haha.

Hiii, i have an interview coming up. any advises? Did they ask typical interview questions or just personal conversations?

Thankss :)

Hey does anyone know how long they interview for?

Do they still send interviews?

Reactions: 3 users
Hiii, i have an interview coming up. any advises? Did they ask typical interview questions or just personal conversations?

Thankss :)

If you don't mind me asking, when is your interview coming up?

last week. lol

Best of luck at your interview. Do you mind answering the following questions as not many share info on this school:

When did you apply to this school?
Do you remember how many people were at the interview?
Do you have any community college courses?
Did they mention that there will be more interviews or something?

Best of luck at your interview. Do you mind answering the following questions as not many share info on this school:

When did you apply to this school?
-
around july
Do you remember how many people were at the interview?
-
9 but it's supposed to be 10 but 1 didn't show up
Do you have any community college courses?
-
nope
Did they mention that there will be more interviews or something?
-
when i asked if i could change my interview date they said jan29 was the last interview day. i'd think that they will schedule more since they say they don't fill up their seats until March. I suggest emailing them and sending a letter of interest!

and thanks! i absolutely loved the school and the city
it's my favorite interview day out of all the schools i interviewed at too, everyone is just so friendly and only had good things to say about the dean and the school!

and thanks! i absolutely loved the school and the city
it's my favorite interview day out of all the schools
i interviewed at too, everyone is just so friendly and only had good things to say about the dean and the school!

Thank you so much. I really hope you get in.
Yeah, I think I won't hear from them anything good as I applied pretty late and they hate community college credits.
and only 10 in an interview is a kinda low number. Everywhere I interviewed, they had like 20 or so.

Best of luck again.

Thank you so much. I really hope you get in.
Yeah, I think I won't hear from them anything good as I applied pretty late and they hate community college credits.
and only 10 in an interview is a kinda low number. Everywhere I interviewed, they had like 20 or so.

Best of luck again.
I took two math courses at a community college and received an acceptance if that's of any help

i got accepted btw lol let me know if you guys have anymore questions! i absolutely loved BU and the city

i got accepted btw lol let me know if you guys have anymore questions! i absolutely loved BU and the city
Congrats!!! I recently received an invite. I am pretty excited and grateful for the opportunity. Was the interview questions and process typical, conversational? Was it any different from any other school? Were there any ethical type questions? I did a fair amount of research about BU from their website, but what did you personally like about their program. Just wondering because maybe not everything is on their website, and I would like to learn more. I really like their community service and clinical experience. I read about their required externship and APEX program. From my research, I really liked the program, so much so that I sent two updates/letter of interests. I am waitlisted at the schools I already applied at. I really want to ace this interview and hopefully receive an offer. Thank you for any help and advice.

Congrats!!! I recently received an invite. I am pretty excited and grateful for the opportunity. Was the interview questions and process typical, conversational? Was it any different from any other school? Were there any ethical type questions? I did a fair amount of research about BU from their website, but what did you personally like about their program. Just wondering because maybe not everything is on their website, and I would like to learn more. I really like their community service and clinical experience. I read about their required externship and APEX program. From my research, I really liked the program, so much so that I sent two updates/letter of interests. I am waitlisted at the schools I already applied at. I really want to ace this interview and hopefully receive an offer. Thank you for any help and advice.

It depends on which interviewer you get, but generally they ask a couple typical why dentistry questions and then it turned pretty conversational. There were no ethical questions.
In addition to their curriculum that really focus on gaining clinical experience such as the APEX, externship, and the digital dentistry, I really love the family and close supportive vibes i get when i visited the school. Everyone ONLY has good things to say about the school and each other, especially how amazing the dean is. I just love everything about the school. And of course the city itself too.

Good luck! hope to see you next year!

Does BU offer recorded lectures/ is attendance mandatory?

Lectures are live streamed and a recording is uploaded after class. I don't believe attendance is mandatory for every class, but it's strongly encouraged to go just in case there were any technical difficulties with the recording. There are also a few classes that have in class questions that count as a percentage of your grade so you don't want to miss those days

Recieved the call and email today. ACCEPTED

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite this morning at 10:56! I interview on Feb 26th

Interview invite this morning at 10:56! I interview on Feb 26th

Congratulations. Was it by email?
When did you apply and what are your stats if you don't mind sharing.

Congratulations. Was it by email?
When did you apply and what are your stats if you don't mind sharing.

Overall GPA: 3.51
Science GPA: 3.54
cDAT score:
RC 23/BIO 25/CHEM 30/ Science 27/ AA 26/PAT 24 / MDT 9

Overall GPA: 3.51
Science GPA: 3.54
cDAT score:
RC 23/BIO 25/CHEM 30/ Science 27/ AA 26/PAT 24 / MDT 9

Thanks a lot. I am rooting for you since you are Canadian and you people don't get a lot of spots.

Best of luck and awesome DAT score.

Thanks a lot. I am rooting for you since you are Canadian and you people don't get a lot of spots.

Best of luck and awesome DAT score.

Thanks man, I appreciate the support. Also, I missed a point in your message, it was an email that was sent to me!

Got an interview invite for March 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.