***Official Case Western Reserve Acceptance Thread 2015***

Just received an acceptance letter via snail mail. I definitely did not get a phone call, but my AADSAS was updated to "offer made". lol

do you mind telling me when your interview was. I just want to know how long after your interview date you heard from case either by aadsas or mail.

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

do you mind telling me when your interview was. I just want to know how long after your interview date you heard from case either by aadsas or mail.

thanks a lot

My interview was on Dec 9th and I heard about a month later. :) Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I've been accepted to Case and UOP. UOP has been my top choice, but I was very impressed with Case when I interviewed there. As of right now, I'm still planning on going to UOP, but I wanted to see if anyone here could give me reasons of why I should choose Case over UOP. I want to make a more informed decision, so any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

So, I've been accepted to Case and UOP. UOP has been my top choice, but I was very impressed with Case when I interviewed there. As of right now, I'm still planning on going to UOP, but I wanted to see if anyone here could give me reasons of why I should choose Case over UOP. I want to make a more informed decision, so any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

UoP has a great program if you want to be a general practitioner. I think Case is more well-known nationally and globally. Because UoP is condensed into 3 years, students have said they have little time to do research or other extra-curricular activities to help them work towards specializing. In general, there is much less research going on at UoP than at Case. Basically, if you go to Case, I think it would help you keep the door open on specializing. Just my 2 cents... both are great choices. Good luck with your decision!

Is anyone planning to visit the campus during spring break?

I was hoping all you previous interviewers could give me an idea on when I should expect the interview day to end! Also, where would be a great place to stay?

My interview is on my birthday so I'm hoping to fly back and be with family that night!

Thanks in advance!

I was hoping all you previous interviewers could give me an idea on when I should expect the interview day to end! Also, where would be a great place to stay?

My interview is on my birthday so I'm hoping to fly back and be with family that night!

Thanks in advance!

I believe it ends at 1:30 or 2:30 at the latest

Thanks in advance!

The Glidden House is very close to campus. Good Luck!!:):)

The Glidden House is very close to campus. Good Luck!!:):)

Thanks for the responses I got so far! Have either of you heard about the experiences with the fraternity house? Seems the most affordable?

Also, any useful tips about the interviews? I've heard theyre laid back but the same was said about UW and I got semi grilled (thank God I prepared, haha).

Thanks in advance AGAIN!

Thanks for the responses I got so far! Have either of you heard about the experiences with the fraternity house? Seems the most affordable?

Also, any useful tips about the interviews? I've heard theyre laid back but the same was said about UW and I got semi grilled (thank God I prepared, haha).

Thanks in advance AGAIN!

Prepare looooots of questions!! One of my interviews was solely based on me asking the questions and the interviewer giving his feedback. He was reallllly cool though, so it was very laid back.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks in advance AGAIN!

The fraternity house is very inexpensive for minimalist accommodations. The interview is pretty laid back. Be prepared with questions that are relevant to you. If you do your research about the school you will do fine. Just be yourself and Relax....

Any thoughts about today's email in reference to Pass/Failing failing to meet the professor's need for grading and class rankings??

I would definitely not stay at the frat house.

I stayed there and it was completely gross. The bathroom had stuff growing in it and I am certain the building as a whole has not been cleaned in about a year. Another kid I interviewed with stayed at a nice hotel for the 50 bucks. I would take the hotel any day, especially if you want to shower without getting a disease.

The fraternity house is very inexpensive for minimalist accommodations. The interview is pretty laid back. Be prepared with questions that are relevant to you. If you do your research about the school you will do fine. Just be yourself and Relax....

I stayed there and it was completely gross. The bathroom had stuff growing in it and I am certain the building as a whole has not been cleaned in about a year. Another kid I interviewed with stayed at a nice hotel for the 50 bucks. I would take the hotel any day, especially if you want to shower without getting a disease.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: minimalist=grungy

Haha, Thanks Study girl for the save! I have been a little reluctant to do the hotel searching... That seemed like the best route since my plane ticket is going to be $500. Do you remember what hotel that person stayed in?? :laugh:

Haha, Thanks Study girl for the save! I have been a little reluctant to do the hotel searching... That seemed like the best route since my plane ticket is going to be $500. Do you remember what hotel that person stayed in?? :laugh:

Try the Glidden House. You can find the contact info on Case's website.

If I interviewed on Jan 14th and was told my application will be forwarded to the admissions committee on Feb 11th and still have not been accepted/blanked on aadsas yet, how bad is that? Is it likely I have been rejected? I really want to go to case..

Anyone know when classes start at case? When is everyone planning on moving in?

If I interviewed on Jan 14th and was told my application will be forwarded to the admissions committee on Feb 11th and still have not been accepted/blanked on aadsas yet, how bad is that? Is it likely I have been rejected? I really want to go to case..

I interviewed on Feb, 02 and was told that i should expect to hear back by end of Feb. They told that the deadline for acceptance deposits is in mid Feb and they will send more acceptances after that. but they told me that I was competing for a primary spot which make my really hopeful. I really love the school and research opportunities there!!

I interviewed on Feb, 02 and was told that i should expect to hear back by end of Feb. They told that the deadline for acceptance deposits is in mid Feb and they will send more acceptances after that. but they told me that I was competing for a primary spot which make my really hopeful. I really love the school and research opportunities there!!

Good luck, Im sure they have plenty of spots still!

So I can extrapolate from that and think I might be in the same batch of post-mid-Feb offers. Thanks for the info!

Has anyone heard anything about the current class and how close they are to completion? I interview in March and I really want to go to this school also! :)

I was wondering what laptop we should be getting for case?? Any suggestions?

I was wondering what laptop we should be getting for case?? Any suggestions?

I think the MacBook Pro with the 13" screen and 350 GB hard-drive will be fine. The letter said the desk you sit at has a surface area of 11x11. The school also recommended Dells purchased thru the school's website. :):):):)

Anyone know when classes start at case? When is everyone planning on moving in?

Did not see an exact date for the white coat ceremony, but classes start August 1....give or take. Plan on moving to Cleveland on July 1. :):):):)

I don't know when the committee met. The letter was date Feb 17. AADSAS has not been updated yet.

Just got the acceptance letter in the mail !!!!!! Sending the deposit in the mail tomorrow lol. alsjflkasjflkasjf is what's going through my brain right now :soexcited::highfive::clap::bow::wow::woot::banana::biglove:Who needs a roomie ?????

just got the acceptance letter in the mail !!!!!! Sending the deposit in the mail tomorrow lol. Alsjflkasjflkasjf is what's going through my brain right now :soexcited::highfive::clap::bow::wow::woot::banana::biglove:who needs a roomie ?????

congrats!!!!!:)

Congrats to those who got accepted! May i please know which state you guys are in? thanks!

I'm from NC. I'm debating between Case, Tufts, and hope to hear back from my state school soon.

Just got the acceptance letter in the mail !!!!!! Sending the deposit in the mail tomorrow lol. alsjflkasjflkasjf is what's going through my brain right now :soexcited::highfive::clap::bow::wow::woot::banana::biglove:Who needs a roomie ?????

Congrats!!! Enjoy the joy....:):):)

Congratulations!! Join the Facebook group if you haven't already. The discussions have sorta started about roomies. :thumbup:

Is being blanked the same as your status going from "invited for interview" back to "Received/Under Review"? Does this mean I've been accepted???

Is being blanked the same as your status going from "invited for interview" back to "Received/Under Review"? Does this mean I've been accepted???

Being "blanked" means the status is actually blank. The next day the status changed to "offer made" only. If your status changed to "Received/Under Review" maybe you will be made an offer or maybe the adcom is actually reviewing your application. Good Luck!!!:):):)

Wow my interview was really laid back! Mind you, I was there during a snow storm and things were very busy for the faculty. So maybe I was second focus bc of the chaos :p buuut... For anyone still waiting, admissions and my interviewers told me that the committee will meet again and send out acceptances the last week of March or first week of April. Good luck! :xf::luck::luck:

Wow my interview was really laid back! Mind you, I was there during a snow storm and things were very busy for the faculty. So maybe I was second focus bc of the chaos :p buuut... For anyone still waiting, admissions and my interviewers told me that the committee will meet again and send out acceptances the last week of March or first week of April. Good luck! :xf::luck::luck:
When was your interview? Mine was feb 18 and director of admission told me that they are going to have meeting on mar 14 which is next monday. Am I missing something? So I was expecting to hear from them soon like next week.

When was your interview? Mine was feb 18 and director of admission told me that they are going to have meeting on mar 14 which is next monday. Am I missing something? So I was expecting to hear from them soon like next week.

I interviewed about mid-Feb and also was told the same thing when I called and asked about when I'd hear back. I think, and at least hope, that we'll get considered and given news by next week. :xf:

My interview was today. Maybe there is still one Monday for your batch. The admissions lady looked and said nothing was scheduled and won't be until then so I asked my interviewer and he confirmed it was true.

Those who had interview on mid Feb, have you heard anything back yet?

Those who had interview on mid Feb, have you heard anything back yet?

I interviewed around then and haven't heard back yet. I called the admissions office and was told that the admissions meeting for this month won't be till the last week of March, so somewhere around April 1st is when we may hear news. :xf: