2017 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2021 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this really lead to anywhere? Did they send real rejections at this point?

No rejections were sent. Just first batch interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

No rejections were sent. Just first batch interviews.

Do you know if any of these "under consideration" actually may turn into an interview? I am guessing it won't because as the cycle progresses, the competitiveness for the remaining spots increases.

Do you know if any of these "under consideration" actually may turn into an interview? I am guessing it won't because as the cycle progresses, the competitiveness for the remaining spots increases.

No idea to be honest. But from what I see, the people that got interviews for August had a GPA range of 3.9+. So I'm pretty sure others will get interviews unless CASE is bumping up their admission average to a 3.9.

Also, they didn't review/process/get feedback from all applications because of the RNC this week in Ohio.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea to be honest. But from what I see, the people that got interviews for August had a GPA range of 3.9+. So I'm pretty sure others will get interviews unless CASE is bumping up their admission average to a 3.9.

Also, they didn't review/process/get feedback from all applications because of the RNC this week in Ohio.

I see. Thanks for the input!

From what I understand, you either got 1 of 2 emails assuming you've submitted everything. If you haven't gotten an interview, then you just didn't get it with the first round but are still available for future interviews. Just like any other school, you may not be in the first group of people interviewed but go later. Based on the stats of the people that got them, it looks like they heavily favored high gpa over high dat (3.88 gpa with 18 AA and TS). All we can do is wait and see what happens with the next round!

Yeah, do you know if case looks at undergrad only or cumulative or postbacc? I'm guessing they don't look at just postbacc because I have a 3.9 there and didn't get invited.

Yeah, do you know if case looks at undergrad only or cumulative or postbacc? I'm guessing they don't look at just postbacc because I have a 3.9 there and didn't get invited.

I feel the individuals who receive II's at this point are what you would consider the "traditional" good applicant (eg high GPA and decent DAT). I imagine that more non-traditional/holistic applicants will be looked at more throughly in the coming month. It takes a longer time to determine the acceptability of a holistic candidate. All speculation, but that's how I'm interpreting it. I could be completely wrong, just my way of staying optimistic early in the cycle haha

(3.4 sGPA and oGPA, 4.0 for informal postbach and 4.0 grad GPA, 22 AA 26 RC 21 PAT).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I feel the individuals who receive II's at this point are what you would consider the "traditional" good applicant (eg high GPA and decent DAT). I imagine that more non-traditional/holistic applicants will be looked at more throughly in the coming month. It takes a longer time to determine the acceptability of a holistic candidate. All speculation, but that's how I'm interpreting it. I could be completely wrong, just my way of staying optimistic early in the cycle haha

(3.4 sGPA and oGPA, 4.0 for informal postbach and 4.0 grad GPA, 22 AA 26 RC 21 PAT).

Good point. We seem to be similar but your DAT is too high. Go away! Lol jk. Great job! Jealous of that RC. Did you study for it? I didn't even know how to, but still pretty happy with a 22.

Good point. We seem to be similar but your DAT is too high. Go away! Lol jk. Great job! Jealous of that RC. Did you study for it? I didn't even know how to, but still pretty happy with a 22.

Just did a few of the practice ones on DAT bootcamp! Thanks. :) I'm sure we'll both get in!

For those lost/confused what the email meant, Dr. Chuck explained it really well last night.
It means what it says: you havent been invited for an interview yet.....doesn't mean anything bad I think everyone overanalyzed this email.
He said there's a whole bunch of applications in the queue just to be reviewed. Maybe yours wasn't reviewed yet, maybe they're waiting on a score, maybe a letter.

Reactions: 1 users
For those lost/confused what the email meant, Dr. Chuck explained it really well last night.
It means what it says: you havent been invited for an interview yet.....doesn't mean anything bad I think everyone overanalyzed this email.
He said there's a whole bunch of applications in the queue just to be reviewed. Maybe yours wasn't reviewed yet.
Only people with complete apps got the email. Your input is perfect like I quoted it. People missing stuff didn't get an email.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that for this 1st round of interview they favor high GPA over high DAT. I do have a 24AA but my GPA is no where near the 3.9-4.0 range. Guess what, no 1st round interview at Case for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I agree that for this 1st round of interview they favor high GPA over high DAT. I do have a 24AA but my GPA is no where near the 3.9-4.0 range. Guess what, no 1st round interview at Case for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Maybe they start high and in the end interview low? The people I've known who got in applied very late and with 19 or less. Doesn't follow the logic in my head but I think every school has their own "rules" they like to follow.

Only people with complete apps got the email. Your input is perfect like I quoted it. People missing stuff didn't get an email.
But my app isn't complete because I'm missing a letter of rec and I still got the email...

Members don't see this ad :)
But my app isn't complete because I'm missing a letter of rec and I still got the email...
But they only require two letters. If you are missing one out of the four you can put on aadsas, for them, your app is complete. But if you haven't received an email stating that your app is complete, then, i don't know.

[Deleted]

Last edited:

I recieved an interview with a 20 AA and 3.7. Don't loose hope, it's early :)

The 2016 student webchat recording is being planned, so I am soliciting questions you would want to know about our program to be asked of a D2, D3, and D4 student. The recording will be released gradually over the next year.

The 2015 student webchat can be viewed using Adobe Connect at https://connect.case.edu/p8wsnouzb8k/ . I'm hoping for different questions than last year's. From your suggestions, I will choose the topics that may provide the most in-depth insight into a student's perspective at CWRU SODM. Post your questions just to this forum by replying to this thread until July 31 for priority consideration.

The 2016 student webchat recording is being planned, so I am soliciting questions you would want to know about our program to be asked of a D2, D3, and D4 student. The recording will be released gradually over the next year.

The 2015 student webchat can be viewed using Adobe Connect at https://connect.case.edu/p8wsnouzb8k/ . I'm hoping for different questions than last year's. From your suggestions, I will choose the topics that may provide the most in-depth insight into a student's perspective at CWRU SODM. Post your questions just to this forum by replying to this thread until July 31 for priority consideration.
Is it too early to start thinking about specialization as a first year - should we already know if we "want" to when we come in to DS? Does Case prepare you if you want to pursue a field like pediatrics or omfs or any of the other specialties? What are the pros/cons of Case in regards to its clinical facilities? For those of us committed to the underserved community, does Case give us exposure to these areas? What service and outreach programs are there at Case?

Sorry for the plethora of Q's!

Yeah, when is "the" new building going to be completed? Which class is likely going to experience it? Yes, "that" building! With the consolidation of the healthcare professional students.

Good luck everyone! I submitted the app and fee last week... Now the wait begins :clap:

Anyone get an interview offer yet?

Just noting: social media use among those interviewed for class of 2016 (meaning last year's group): One can choose more than one:

Are you following the Admissions SODM on social media? Yes responses (self-reports):
Facebook 108
SDN 54
ADEA GoDental 44
Twitter 14
Google+ 5
NONE 111

1470253901060.jpg

This was posted on their twitter account!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who was in the first batch (~ June 24th) not received a completed email + the interview queued email? And has Case updated the portal as complete for anyone? I paid my supplemental fee early June and received the initial "we received your application" email on June 27th, but I haven't heard from the school since. I have my scores and letters in, so I'm sure I'm not missing anything either. The only thing I could think of is that I'm taking summer classes and they want my academic update. If anyone could let me know, that would be great!

Has anyone who was in the first batch (~ June 24th) not received a completed email + the interview queued email? And has Case updated the portal as complete for anyone? I paid my supplemental fee early June and received the initial "we received your application" email on June 27th, but I haven't heard from the school since. I have my scores and letters in, so I'm sure I'm not missing anything either. The only thing I could think of is that I'm taking summer classes and they want my academic update. If anyone could let me know, that would be great!
If they have all the materials I'm sure youre fine and just in the queue. If youre stressed their admissions is great, just give them a call and they can tell you faster than any of us can!

I just got an email that my appl is under pre-screening, is it the same with the email saying that my appl is completed like everyone said (I have DAT, transcript, letters and paid the fee also)

I believe they do it on a monthly bases.

When did they send out last time? I forget

I'm not sure. I didn't hear much from early August so I'm under the impression that they extend invites at the end of the month so probably end of July. I assume the next set of invites will be end of August.

I'm not sure. I didn't hear much from early August so I'm under the impression that they extend invites at the end of the month so probably end of July. I assume the next set of invites will be end of August.

Thanks!

I accidently paid the application fee twice. I wonder if I could get my money back for one of them?

Next wave should be any day now ! Last one was July 21 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.