**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone find time to shadow or do research ?? I was so gung ho about getting these started by the first month of school, but I feel like im drowning under the current workload I have I cant imagine adding those things to it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone find time to shadow or do research ?? I was so gung ho about getting these started by the first month of school, but I feel like im drowning under the current workload I have I cant imagine adding those things to it.
Everyone at my school says things get much freer after anatomy (less labs/less dense lectures). So I’ll probably look into shadowing in about a month

Reactions: 1 users
Not here. I was going to wait until January (based on what I'd read on here), but we will see how it goes. At the moment I'm struggling just balancing school and family life. Research would come after the other two, but is built into our curriculum, so worst case I'll just use that curriculum/summer research. Haha I went in with rather modest goals to start (=survive).

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone at my school says things get much freer after anatomy (less labs/less dense lectures). So I’ll probably look into shadowing in about a month
You only have 2 months of anatomy?

Most of my classmates are out joining clubs and such. I am just buckling down and trying not to fail.

I havent even started anatomy as yet :scared::scared:

I've heard the same thing. Anatomy doesn't end until December though, lord help me

Took my chest and back MSK exam last week and thought med school ain't too bad.

Then we started axilla, brachium, forearm, and hand this week. Oh lawdy ... save me ....

SixtiesTeensLoveSexAndPot
CadaversAreDeadPeople
STd
- axillary artery in a nutshell. Mnemonics save lives

Reactions: 2 users
Brachial plexus terminal fibers have a pretty good mnemonic too but I don't want to get the bannerhammer for "unprofessional behavior"

Has to do with aunts and uncles

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You only have 2 months of anatomy?

Most of my classmates are out joining clubs and such. I am just buckling down and trying not to fail.
We do all of embryology histology and anatomy in 8 weeks with 2 exams 2 quizzes and 4 “practicals”

So intense -_-

Brachial plexus terminal fibers have a pretty good mnemonic too but I don't want to get the bannerhammer for "unprofessional behavior"

Has to do with aunts and uncles

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Lol we are encouraged to come up with terrible, dirty mnemonics by our faculty.

Here’s a tame one straight from a lecture slide: carina rhymes w _____ because it sits at the crotch of the trachea’s bifurcation

Reactions: 3 users
Lol we are encouraged to come up with terrible, dirty mnemonics by our faculty.

Here’s a tame one straight from a lecture slide: carina rhymes w _____ because it sits at the crotch of the trachea’s bifurcation

I had a professor quiz me about carpal bones while I was reflecting a muscle. I blurted the mnemonic for carpal bones "Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle" and the poor guy was astonished. I felt like that one was pretty tame compared to some ones I've heard.

Has anyone find time to shadow or do research ??

Someone asked about shadowing during orientation. One professor responded, "You aren't going to impress anyone so I wouldn't waste me time".

A few classmates were trying to secure summer research after the first week. It seemed a little to early in my book unless you are a biomedical graduate from the same college. The best way to get research opportunities is to ace classes in my book. Personally, I do not plan on trying to make any requests to joint a research lab until January.

Someone asked about shadowing during orientation. One professor responded, "You aren't going to impress anyone so I wouldn't waste me time".

A few classmates were trying to secure summer research after the first week. It seemed a little to early in my book unless you are a biomedical graduate from the same college. The best way to get research opportunities is to ace classes in my book. Personally, I do not plan on trying to make any requests to joint a research lab until January.
Our school said to start thinking about research in December and apply for summer positions in January.

Its not about impressing anyone its about finding out what type of Doctor you want to be, especially if you dont get exposed to the field during 3rd year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not about impressing anyone its about finding out what type of Doctor you want to be, especially if you dont get exposed to the field during 3rd year.

I guess that can get the job done but I'd rather just join interest clubs of things that strike my fancy. Every school is different.

I'm on a 1.5 yr pre-clinical, and we take biochem and anatomy concurrently, both of which end in November. The upperclassmen said everything does get better, but for now, I'm just glad we don't have embryology.

Our embryology and anatomy are combined, we cover the development as we learn about the stuff. It's pretty cool.
What's weird is that my wife is pregnant, so I'm like learn about my baby while my baby is growing.

Reactions: 5 users
Our embryology and anatomy are combined, we cover the development as we learn about the stuff. It's pretty cool.
What's weird is that my wife is pregnant, so I'm like learn about my baby while my baby is growing.
I relate all my embryology back to my wife's pregnancy as well.

TPA is a mess right now .... Trying to fly out and everything is delayed .... Already had my flight planned since I'm going to a bachelor party but couple of friends are struggling to get tickets out and stuff.

These new Irma predictions have me scared for Tampa/Central Florida.... That latest westward shift prediction ... :/ .... Hoping for the best

Hi party peeps! haven't posted in ages because of...well, med school. hahaha

it's been tough, but i'm getting thru it! we had our first anatomy exam 2 weeks ago, thorax + physio. didn't do too shabby! now we're on abdomen/pelvis with GI and renal phys...shiz is getting real. next exam is next friday. S.O.S.:eek:

Our anatomy is embryo and radiology mixed. It's not too bad, just have to study a lot. Biochem isn't bad either. It's amazing how much time you have to study when your not working part time like I was in undergrad.

Our anatomy is embryo and radiology mixed. It's not too bad, just have to study a lot. Biochem isn't bad either. It's amazing how much time you have to study when your not working part time like I was in undergrad.
That's so funny, I'm the exact same way. I feel like I have so much time now that there's not 20+ hours a week being eaten up.

Can't believe that I'm over halfway through with my first semester of medical school. This semester has flown by!

lol i like how literally no one posts anymore. med school really does take over o_O

Just finished my first term!! Drunkenness ensues

Reactions: 4 users
Finals studying got me like

Bm1nKOfCQAAGSSS.png

Reactions: 4 users