*****Official Countdown to May 7 Score Release*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is super anxious to get the scores. I figured I would start this so people can talk about thoughts, concerns, or whatever else.

P.S. Check out this website, it's got some really funny stuff about the MCAT: http://medschoolpath.blogspot.com/

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I think that depends on you. If you get a bad score are you gonna be so upset that you can't do the midterm? Or, if you don't check are you gonna be so nervous/excited that you can't do the midterm.

If it were me, I think I would look after.

ahha yeah... i meant it as a rhetorical question. im definitely gonna read it before... :)

ahha yeah... i meant it as a rhetorical question. im definitely gonna read it before... :)

oops :oops: ... My score's supposed to be released on a day that I have a Reproductive Biology final that's worth 70% of the grade. I'm not looking till the final's over. I don't want to be so upset or elated that I flunk. :laugh:

I JUST JOINED SDN SO I COULD SHARE THE GREAT NEWS!
My scores are in!
14 Bio 14 Verbal 10 Physics P
HOORAH! :)
(PS: Took test April 7th)

Members don't see this ad :)
My scores are in!

Are you lying?? cuz i just checked and they're not

wow, and how typical, its ure first post.
get a life

My scores are in!

That is soooooooooooooo messed up yo!!!!!! :smuggrin:

I was actually surprised we made it this far without a "trolling" thread announcing fake scores!

Good luck, guys! I have to wait till the 16th for mine.

Are they posting them at midnight tonight or tomorrow in the morning?

Good luck you guys! It was moments ago you freaked me and my fellow 4/12ers out about the immense quantity of molecular genetics (only for there to be pretty much none on ours!) oh memories of that kind of stress only to now be in a new world of different stress.... I can't say I'm staying up as late as some of you to hear the news, but I'm pulling for you guys. G'luck.

My scores are in!
Congratulations; you have just earned yourself an automatic one week post hold for a false "scores are up" post. Anyone else who thinks that this is a funny joke will also be post held for a week, no questions, no second chances. Please do not make me do this. And best of luck to everyone waiting to hear. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
That is soooooooooooooo messed up yo!!!!!! :smuggrin:

I was actually surprised we made it this far without a "trolling" thread announcing fake scores!
Hopefully there won't be any more, but if there are, hit the report post button, and we'll take care of them.

Hey what do you guys think of this idea?
Now that the MCAT is computerized, the computers can have our raw score calculated seconds after we take the test. Would you prefer getting your raw score that day or not (obviously you would have to wait a month for your converted score, but still)? I think I would, even though I'm sure us SDNers would go crazy trying to figure out what the score conversion would be! But I think it would be better just to get a sense of whether you did good, ok, or bad. And at least if you did bad, you wouldn't lose a month of studying, you know?

Ugg...please release our scores!!

Hey what do you guys think of this idea?
Now that the MCAT is computerized, the computers can have our raw score calculated seconds after we take the test. Would you prefer getting your raw score that day or not (obviously you would have to wait a month for your converted score, but still)? I think I would, even though I'm sure us SDNers would go crazy trying to figure out what the score conversion would be! But I think it would be better just to get a sense of whether you did good, ok, or bad. And at least if you did bad, you wouldn't lose a month of studying, you know?

Ugg...please release our scores!!

i dont think aamc likes the idea of their scales getting released.

i dont think aamc likes the idea of their scales getting released.

That's for sure! I wish they would report on the # of questions I scored correctly or incorrectly. I almost voided the test b/c of how poorly I thought I performed on the VR test, and when I got my score I ended up scoring 3 points higher on my real MCAT than on any other practice test I took (I was a Kaplan MCAT student, now I'm a Kaplan MCAT teacher). Granted, this was the old paper & pencil test...the margin of error is now smaller with the shorter test. It is also hard to know what their grading procedures are...I believe they rotate in experimental questions and passages so if you get burned on a really hard passage it may not mean you are screwed.

My scores are in!

You are such a douchebag. I will take your post as levity and not as malice. Otherwise, you are some depraved twisted soul who does not deserve to be a physician. Have a great evening. Everyone else best of luck. Let us try not to be so competitive.

That's for sure! I wish they would report on the # of questions I scored correctly or incorrectly. I almost voided the test b/c of how poorly I thought I performed on the VR test, and when I got my score I ended up scoring 3 points higher on my real MCAT than on any other practice test I took (I was a Kaplan MCAT student, now I'm a Kaplan MCAT teacher). Granted, this was the old paper & pencil test...the margin of error is now smaller with the shorter test. It is also hard to know what their grading procedures are...I believe they rotate in experimental questions and passages so if you get burned on a really hard passage it may not mean you are screwed.

oh i didnt know there were experimental passages. maybe there was one in the BS section :laugh:

That gives me hope. I felt like complete garbage after Verbal. I never feel great after VR, but on test day, I felt like mike tyson hit me in the face.

i hope they come out may 9th like they said and not 2 weeks later like the last august test was...:rolleyes:

ah...still not up.
im central time...so are we thinking they'll be up at 5am eastern?

I hope the scores are up by the time I get up tomorrow (I don't have any classes or finals tomorrow, so I won't be getting up too early anyway). I doubt they'll be released before 5 am.
See you guys tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll be posting my awesome scores, haha!

:scared:

I'm scurred!

Hopefully I'll :) instead of :barf:

but i'll stop whining: :beat:

+pity+

I'm glad I'm not the only one... been up since 4am since I'm sick... nothing to do except refresh...

where are my scores?!!!

yeah I've been up since 4am too, after waking up from an mcat score dream (my first one) of getting a 12 in one section and not seeing the rest. I also have terrible allergies so I am having the most miserable morning lol.

Yeah, I had two nightmares, and to avoid that I'm up and refreshing every 5 minutes. That, and I joined SDN for kicks, since I've been reading this forum for the last month and figured it was about time I joined and posted.

Glad to see I'm not the only one up at this ridiculous hour.

Why is the AAMC so dumb? +pissed+

P.S. I love how this smilie is actually described as "pissy". Amazing.

Good Luck to everyone who took the April MCats!! :) Hoping they come up soon , this is torture...:eek:

ok... now i'm a little frustrated.... it's past 7am... WHY ARE SCORES STILL NOT UP YET?????

this is f***ing weak! why can't they just post the scores?

in feb the scores were posted a couple hours after they were supposed to be up. I know that doesn't help, but at least you know it's a possibility.

this might have been answered already but appreciate the info....

are all the April MCAT scores released on the same day in May?? or do i have to wait a couple more days since i took it on April 12th??

wow. I went to bed last night, thinking you guys would be up all night talkin about your scores. Low and behold, there still not in!? That must be torture.

LOL i thought scores were up and its 8:40 AND THEY ARE STILL NOT UP WTF :laugh:

i didnt even want to wake up.. and i was like here's the moment of truth... not yet! lol

Perhaps the IT person is on vacation and does not carry a pager. The AAMC people are scrambling to figure how to update the scores into the server database.

ALSJTJUEKTJSKEJTJSKTKEKJALTJE.

The business day has started. It's 9:01 AM.

WHERE ARE THEY?

I am seriously going insane.