*****Official Countdown to May 7 Score Release*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is super anxious to get the scores. I figured I would start this so people can talk about thoughts, concerns, or whatever else.

P.S. Check out this website, it's got some really funny stuff about the MCAT: http://medschoolpath.blogspot.com/

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

awww you guysare making me nervous ! Trying to study for my last final and only thinking about these stupid scores....today will either be a really good day or a really bad one! Good luck everyone!

at this point, I think I've moved on past being anxious and nervous to just being sort of annoyed and just wanting to know almost for curiosity's sake.

:thumbdown:

Yeah I agree....didn't sleep too well, now just wanting to get the score and be done with this whole waiting process (whether that means actually being done with the MCAT for good, or hitting the books again)

I have about 4 hours left to come up what to say to my family how I am going to retake the MCAT (for the third time) after finding out that I have bombed it. They will think I am such a loser. Damn.. I am praying for a miracle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I agree....didn't sleep too well

I know what you mean. I woke up at 6 (after being up nervous til 2) and walked halfway across campus (my ethernet card is busted) to check my scores, walked back, and fell asleep for 3 hours, dreaming that I was dreaming about making a 42 on the MCAT, then I woke up and checked my scores and made a 34. Then I really woke up and wanted to throw something. That's about when I stopped caring.

Please God just let it be like my practice tests. That bio section sucked!

I know what you mean. I woke up at 6 (after being up nervous til 2) and walked halfway across campus (my ethernet card is busted) to check my scores

haha fortunately our entire campus is wireless, so I just had to roll over in bed and open my laptop which was sitting on my desk right next to me to check....last night, some of us were thinking that the scores might come out around 5 am like the January test did, so I checked then, and happened to notice that there were about 65 members active on the MCAT board here lol....there were definitely lots of people who obviously didn't sleep well.

AggiedSean:

<<<Max Born

"And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe that this year will be better than the last" >>>

Do you know that Max Born's great grandaughter is Oliva Newton John? Many don't know who Max Born is but everyone knows who Oliva Newton John is. What a strange world we live in.

Do you know that Max Born's great grandaughter is Oliva Newton John? Many don't know who Max Born is but everyone knows who Oliva Newton John is. What a strange world we live in.

Yeah, he's the one responsible for our modern-day understanding of quantum mechanics! He's such a legend in the physics community.

Yes, I'm a huge physics major/nerd. ;)

i totally agree, this is sooo annoying! i just want to know...but on the other hand, at least not knowing i can still hope for good scores, once i get them they'll be real, and if they suck, wishing won't make them better and i'll probably wish i still had the option of hoping for good scores! oh mcat, the stress you put us through!

at least either way, tomorrow i am going on vacation to vegas so if i bomb, i'll have a much needed distraction

Well thanks for finally giving us an update!
I don't know why they had to wait so long to tell us when the scores would be released...surely they have known for probably a day exactly what time they would be ready...

I finally uploaded an avatar just to waste time and scores are still not up.

Haha that's a cute one though, your efforts are not wasted

So last night was like going to bed while waiting for Santa.....only to wake up and find out you've been bad and Santa passed over your house.

Whoever said we were gonna develop post traumatic stress disorder is so right. I think I'm starting to get chest pains too. :eek:

i usually check my blood pressure/heart rate at work when i'm bored because there are so many vitals machines around here...both were elevated much more than usual today...f-ing mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do we hate MCAT so much?

1) It takes too much time to study.
2) Covers too many subjects.
3) Too many things to memorize
4) Test is freaking long.
5) Get a headache after taking a test.
6) Has detrimental physiological effect (high blood pressure, anger, frustration, etc.)
99) Medical schools use it to weed out applicants.
1000) VR !!!!!!!!!

Why do we hate MCAT so much?

1) It takes too much time to study.
2) Covers too many subjects.
3) Too many things to memorize
4) Test is freaking long.
5) Get a headache after taking a test.
6) Has detrimental physiological effect (high blood pressure, anger, frustration, etc.)
99) Medical schools use it to weed out applicants.
1000) VR !!!!!!!!!

1001) Waiting for fake release times
1002) Turning into a conditioned rat

My eyes are throbbing and the lack of sleep is getting to me. I bet ill sleep through the score release.
Btw, does this frustration remind anyone about December 27??? The day it took me 8 hours to register for this test!!

hehe...registration was so frustrating too! i tried to register from work, i had my parents try at home, i had them try three different family members computers, i was so frustrated i almost decided to be a dentist because registration for the dat is so easy (and the test isn't as bad either)...and they get instant results, none of this b.s.!

Translation from AAMC language: "Sometime this season, give or take a few months"

:mad:

They said around 5PM for the January testers and they posted around 5AM the following day. Hang in there everyone; I know its a very long wait.

" The scores for the April 7, 2007 exam have been loaded." says on my page.... (sorry for being so nervously vicarious through you guys.... I still have 1 more week.)

GOOD LUCK!

This is just updated on my page

SeriesTest DateVerbal Reasoning (VR)Physical Sciences (PS)Writing Sample (WS)Biological Sciences (BS)Total *AMCAS Release34April 20070512M1027MY 32August 20060512M1027MY

What did you folks get? I've been eagerly awaiting for yall to pass on some advice to the MCAT test takers based on your April experiences.

Anybody got a score? I have a April 2007 score but it is exactly the same as I took last April. I think it is bogus data.

Verbal Reasoning (VR):10 Percentile Range: 69.1 - 82.5Physical Sciences (PS):11Percentile Range: 80.9 - 89Writing Sample (WS):O Percentile Range: 41.6 - 57.2Biological Sciences (BS):11 Percentile Range: 78.3 - 87.9Total Score:32O Percentile Range: 83.4 - 87.2

Is the score correct? My VR, BS, PS, WS are exactly the same as August 2006. It can't be right. Anyone got scores?

mine is up. man. i am right where i thought I'd be. I was really hoping to go up from my diag. I'm the same. =/

yea me too. 3.42GPA, with a 32O. Im shi**ing bricks now. i dont know if I should even apply this year now. I just wanna stay in California. ANY school in california. :cry:

frick...26 Q :( I had a 3.89 GPA though...that was what my lowest practice test score was, I was hoping to get with the higher ones

It is very funny that my score

Aug 2006 VR=5 , PS=12 , WS=M, BS=10
April 2007 VR=5, PS=12, WS=M, BS=10

Exactly the same. Is their server working correctly? How can it be that every single section is the same score?

A question for the folks that didn't do as well as they liked (sorry to throw on salt so fast... keep in mind retaking is so much easier now with CBT, and more practice time helps a lot): Did you have an inkling when you left the test that maybe you hadn't performed like you usually do?

OMG!!! 12V, 8P, 13B Writing-P!!

So, I expected that 8P, but check out that V and B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was higher than any of my practice scores!

33!

11 PS
11 VR
11 BS
p WS

Whoop! After feeling owned walking out, I'll take this score!

My eyes are throbbing and the lack of sleep is getting to me. I bet ill sleep through the score release.
Btw, does this frustration remind anyone about December 27??? The day it took me 8 hours to register for this test!!

omg yes! 9 1/2 hours, then my seat got dropped two weeks later. it was INSANE.

sorry, I refreshed the page before posting that but apparently it didn't work and other posters had already said their scores...I think it was still worth the announcement...unless of course you were referring to the thrill-oriented aspect of the post