--~~::: Official: Creighton and UNMC thread for 2008 application cycle :::~~--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess nobody started this thread yet so I am starting it... again. Creighton just began interviewing last Friday so I hope people applying in Nebraska will hear soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to Creighton on Friday! The dinner gig sounds kinda cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
My flight leaves at 7:40. I think I'll make part of the dinner.

Hey. I'm glad someone got this thread going. I have an interview at UNMC on October 19th. SOOOO freakin' happy about it. Not that I'm going to pay attention to this, but their letter said something along the lines of "Please do not feel obligated to wear a suit to the interview. A tie, jacket and dress shirt are more than acceptable. We are more concerned with your comfort during the interview process." Sweet, though. Anybody else interviewing that day?

I'm interviewing there on the 12th - or maybe the 8th. I've got one there and one in Ohio that same week; I'm not sure offhand which is which. I'm going to go ahead and wear a suit - I have one anyway, and it's pretty comfy. :) I'm OOS - not sure what my chances are, but I've got a lot of family there, so maybe that will help.

Thank goodness...I was going to start this thread but I'm glad Creightonite did. I'm really late in the application process (submitted AMCAS 9/7) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Creighton (my husband will be stationed at the Air Force base for at least 4 years). Good luck to everyone!! :luck:

Does anyone know how to pronounce "Magis" as in the Magis Clinic at Creighton? I think it's MAH-gis (hard g sound), but I'm not too sure. Any Latin majors out there?

Does anyone know how to pronounce "Magis" as in the Magis Clinic at Creighton? I think it's MAH-gis (hard g sound), but I'm not too sure. Any Latin majors out there?

No latin major here, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and interviewed at Creighton.

You are correct, it is MAH-gis. You will hear them say it before you are required to pronounce it, no worries.

Creighton was very impressive. Lots of possitives about the school, program, etc. They have their admissions stuff together and don't seem to drag out the process any longer than it needs to be drawn out. Very nice people, focused on student success. High match rate, high USMLE scores, opportunity for lots of service and a wide range of electives during the 4th year.

Negatives - Cost, but it isn't much more than your standard out of state cost (Creighton is a private school). The actual cost of living in Omaha is very low.

No latin major here, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and interviewed at Creighton.

You are correct, it is MAH-gis. You will hear them say it before you are required to pronounce it, no worries.

Creighton was very impressive. Lots of possitives about the school, program, etc. They have their admissions stuff together and don't seem to drag out the process any longer than it needs to be drawn out. Very nice people, focused on student success. High match rate, high USMLE scores, opportunity for lots of service and a wide range of electives during the 4th year.

Negatives - Cost, but it isn't much more than your standard out of state cost (Creighton is a private school). The actual cost of living in Omaha is very low.

Thanks elderjack!

so I read a thread about someone who had an interview at a different medical school, calling in and asking their status post-interview. They told them they were accepted but wouldnt receive a letter until Oct 15th. Anyone who has interviewed at Creighton plan on doing this prior to October 15th?

so I read a thread about someone who had an interview at a different medical school, calling in and asking their status post-interview. They told them they were accepted but wouldnt receive a letter until Oct 15th. Anyone who has interviewed at Creighton plan on doing this prior to October 15th?

Last year, people started finding out their status sometime in middle Novemember if I remember. I doubt the results will be ready by 15th.

We were told at the interview that we can call in on Oct 15 to find out our status. I don't see the point in calling any earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Please do not feel obligated to wear a suit to the interview. A tie, jacket and dress shirt are more than acceptable. We are more concerned with your comfort during the interview process."

So, what's the difference between a "tie, dress shirt and jacket" and a "suit" anyway? Does that mean no tuxedo? No pants? Dang I knew it; I should have rocked the cycling shorts for my interview.

some news from Creighton for those who wonder...

The interview slots are filled till X-mas. The admission director will e-mail more interview invites for after X-mas in couple weeks. Also, last year they received about 5500 applications (from a newsletter).. I think it is 400 people more than during their previous year. Thats what I gathered from an admission events we had on campus and talking to them on the phone.

So does that mean that if my secondary was complete in early October and I haven't received an interview invite yet that I'm either never going to get one or won't until after Christmas? I really thought I'd get an interview invite for Creighton.

So does that mean that if my secondary was complete in early October and I haven't received an interview invite yet that I'm either never going to get one or won't until after Christmas? I really thought I'd get an interview invite for Creighton.

According to the interview invite thread, no one complete after August has gotten an invite yet. You have quite a wait ahead, I think.

they will send out more invites in couplle weeks. But the invites are for after the X-mas. Which pretty much means that they will be interviewing mostly for the WL by then.

they will send out more invites in couplle weeks. But the invites are for after the X-mas. Which pretty much means that they will be interviewing mostly for the WL by then.

Pre-med myth

Thanks for the interview info. It looks like I'll be waiting a while too.

I interviewed Oct 26th and I just got a call I got in.... that is quick...I guess they liked me I was complete 7 weeks before I interviewed, about 1 month before scheduling...:love:

oh no...i didnt get a call...this does not bode well

I interviewed Oct 26th and I just got a call I got in.... that is quick...I guess they liked me I was complete 7 weeks before I interviewed, about 1 month before scheduling...:love:

Congrats! is this your first acceptance? any other iterviews?

more interviews are supposed to go out sometime within this and next weeks.

more interviews are supposed to go out sometime within this and next weeks.

Do you know if they have started getting to the September applications yet?

has anyone heard about when more interviews will be given out? i have this weird feeling that garland is sick of me calling..

I got an interview invite on Dec. 19th. I was complete around September 18th. My interview is schedule for January.

I was emailed December 21st for an interview so stay close to your email for news.

Emailed for an interview July 18.

TM

I really, really wanted to go check out Creighton, because I come from a Jesuit undergrad institution and loved my time there.

Unfortunately for them, they decided to sit on my application while I rounded up acceptances from a couple other places, including another Jesuit school. I wish they would have been a bit faster, but eh.

Well, Robbie, the same happened to me but in reverse. Creighton snatched me up while the other (closer to home) Jesuit institutions have ignored me. Such is life- no rhyme or reason sometimes. :)

It's so quiet in here. No news from anyone? :(

Anything new with Creigthon? I've been waiting since Nov....

Interviewed January 18th....just called admissions....accepted.....1st one...relief.

Congratulations, Nathan575!! :) Was Creighton your first choice?

Interviewed January 18th....just called admissions....accepted.....1st one...relief.

Nathan how were they going to inform you of your acceptance? I interviewed the same day as you did and would be interested in knowing what's up.

I was told that they are still going to send my acceptance letter via snail mail. The women at the admissions office told me that the letters will be sent out at the beginning of next week. Thanks and good luck!

Interviewed in the fall and waitlisted. Anyone know about their waitlist movement? When I interviewed and hungout with several students they told me that Creighton is usually a 2nd or 3rd choice school for most accepted which results in significant waitlist movement.

So I interviewed on Feb 8th @ creighton.....is it still too early for me to call the admissions office?

wow, a lot of people are applying to Creighton.

I got my acceptance in the mail today :D It's my first choice, but the tuition is just so high ($41K versus $12K in-state). I guess it's time to start praying for a scholarship :(

:luck: Good luck everybody!! :luck:

well, obviously not too many, this thread died quickly! BTW anyone here anything lately?

hey i interviewed on 2/8 as well. i haven't heard anything yet? have you? has anyone else from the 2/8 interview group heard anything .?

just want to say hi, if you're going to Creighton next year, i think i am going to be your classmate :D

love the school (not the bill though)

I don't think I will be going to Creighton it is too expensive I just got the fin aid package no grants or scholorships offered good luck all

I don't think I will be going to Creighton it is too expensive I just got the fin aid package no grants or scholorships offered good luck all

Dr. Midnight,
How long after you sent in your deposit did they send you your fin aid package?

I know!! The school is hella expensive...my feelings were hurt when I found out the price tag. If you're still interested in the school, I would suggest looking into outside scholarships. Go to www.fastweb.com - I'm applying to at least 3 scholarships from that website.