***Official Creighton Dental School Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

GR8SMYL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I was hoping to find a thread for Creighton Dental School hopefuls for the entering class of 2016. I couldn't find anything and decided to get one started. How are everyones applications looking? Has anyone heard back from Creighton yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from Creighton, but it was only to say that they received my application. It was weird in the email it said you could possibly be accepted without an interview, which I find strange.

I received the same email Blackhorse90, and I would like to hear more about this from other applicants or current faculty/students at Creighton.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email. And I got an opportunity to talk to some Creighton dental students. They told me that interview is not mandatory to get admission at creighton

I was accepted last cycle and I know of a few people that were accepted without an interview but i think its pretty rare. I would recommend going, you have a 1 on 1 conversation with the Dean of Admissions during the interview, so if you make a good first impression and are able to hold a conversation with him, I think you'de have a much better chance of acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
I could be wrong but I feel like interviews with Creighton are rare. I went to Creighton undergrad and many Creighton alum applying have the opportunity to meet the dean and secretary by setting up an appointment. If interested you can request a meeting/ interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I could be wrong but I feel like interviews with Creighton are rare. I went to Creighton undergrad and many Creighton alum applying have the opportunity to meet the dean and secretary by setting up an appointment. If interested you can request a meeting/ interview.
Wish I could do that. But can't exactly fly across the country everyday.

I received an invite to interview at Creighton early this morning via email!!!!! I set up my interview for September 1st!!!!

I received an invite to interview at Creighton early this morning via email!!!!! I set up my interview for September 1st!!!!
Wow so soon!! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations~ When did all of your stuff get verified on AADSAS?

Interview on the 29th! Looking for someone to share a hotel if they could. Females only. Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
3.47sGPA, 3.58 oGPA, 17AA. Only had 2 weeks to study for the DAT. I am going to retake but have to wait 90 days. I expected the rejection unfortunately.

Interview on the 29th! Looking for someone to share a hotel if they could. Females only. Good luck to everyone!!
Hey, Pinktooth,

How was the interview? Was Dr. Norton your interviewer? Was there any specific questions for you or just you questioned him?
Sorry for multiple questions, but I got an interview next month and it's my first one so I am really nervous.

Hey, Pinktooth,

How was the interview? Was Dr. Norton your interviewer? Was there any specific questions for you or just you questioned him?
Sorry for multiple questions, but I got an interview next month and it's my first one so I am really nervous.
Sorry for the confusion but the 29th of September! It will be my second interview. From a friend of mine who is a D2 her understanding is he does everyone interview. At my first school it was really chill and they seemed very inviting but also I was first group Interview from out of state and did a lot with that school I already knew some staff. My best advice is be yourself and breath. If you prepare you will do fine! Try finding different personality of people to do your mock interviews. You will have time to prepare so find time to do one! They give you piece of mind and remember to take their advice with a grain of salt because they are not dental school dean's or Staff. Hope this helps a little!

Sorry for the confusion but the 29th of September! It will be my second interview. From a friend of mine who is a D2 her understanding is he does everyone interview. At my first school it was really chill and they seemed very inviting but also I was first group Interview from out of state and did a lot with that school I already knew some staff. My best advice is be yourself and breath. If you prepare you will do fine! Try finding different personality of people to do your mock interviews. You will have time to prepare so find time to do one! They give you piece of mind and remember to take their advice with a grain of salt because they are not dental school dean's or Staff. Hope this helps a little!

Thanks a lot! :)

Hey guys Creighton is near the top of my list should I ask for an interview or should I just follow the email and wait for a response. Does anyone know how rare it is for someone to not receive an interview but get an acceptance? Thanks!

I would say be patient and wait it out. I know that Creighton hands out very few interviews compared to some schools and that they only give interviews out by formal invitation. Asking wouldn't get you an interview and would only make you look bad. I have heard several people say that you can get accepted without interviewing there but those cases are few and far between. Hang in there. You will be fine.

Does anybody know what type of interview Creighton has?
Is it the general format of interview like other schools (Dr. Norton asks questions to the applicants)?
Because I saw quite number of posts saying that the applicants were the "asker/interviewer", I have no idea on how to prepare for it.

Does anybody know what type of interview Creighton has?
Is it the general format of interview like other schools (Dr. Norton asks questions to the applicants)?
Because I saw quite number of posts saying that the applicants were the "asker/interviewer", I have no idea on how to prepare for it.
Heard from a friend that all he was asked is if he had any questions about the school.

Anybody else get offered IDEP interview for October 6th?!

Does anyone know whether they are sending any more pre-december interviews?

Which hotels do any of you guys recommend or are staying at?
I stayed at the Comfort Inn (I think the address is like 330 N 30th St or something). They have a discount for interviewees and it is located right down the street from the school (within walking distance). Not fancy or anything, but close and convenient.

I've heard nothing from Crieghton yet. So frustrating, but sometimes no news is good news...

I've heard nothing from Crieghton yet. So frustrating, but sometimes no news is good news...

When was your app complete?

Mine was complete 9/3 and I haven't heard a thing either

Are u kidding me?
Mine was completed on july 12th.
And i havent hearh anything yet.

Mine was completed 6/12 and sent 6/25 and no reply.

Haven't heard anything from Creighton myself. I applied to Creighton, Case, and Marquette. No invites from either.

I'm in the same boat as the posts above.. My app was sent 8/10 and i haven't heard a single thing...
i gave in and sent them the "just wanted to make sure you got ALL of my application" TWICE (i know, i know...).

they said they got it, so...
i'm still waiting :)

Haven't heard anything from Creighton myself. I applied to Creighton, Case, and Marquette. No invites from either.

If you're OOS for Marquette, you might as well consider the schools you applied to as just being Creighton and Case at this point.

Does anyone else find it odd that there have only been a handful of interviews for SDN users? I realize not everyone uses this website, but considering they interviewed an estimated 246 people last year, I can't imagine they only interview through November (like the email stated).

I stayed at the Comfort Inn (I think the address is like 330 N 30th St or something). They have a discount for interviewees and it is located right down the street from the school (within walking distance). Not fancy or anything, but close and convenient.
I stayed here too! Really nice. The breakfast was not that great but lets face it most of us are too nervous to eat anyways!

I really want an interview here... I retook the DAT for them and have a 4.0 MS GPA... Its looking grim :(

what'd you get on your DAT? I heard they do like good stats, but your 4.0 MS is awesome!

That's a good score :) Creighton also really values community service. And I've heard many people have gotten in without interviews.

Hey guys with December 1st around the corner has anyones status who has interviewed at Creighton changed to "check back December 1st"?

Hey guys with December 1st around the corner has anyones status who has interviewed at Creighton changed to "check back December 1st"?
I interviewed early September and my status still says "Received/Application Complete". Has Creighton made that update in the past for those who go accepted on December 1st?

I interviewed early September and my status still says "Received/Application Complete". Has Creighton made that update in the past for those who go accepted on December 1st?
If you look at previous year's threads, you will see that they change the AADSAS portal to "Check back Dec. 1" or something to that effect usually a week before Dec. 1.

If you look at previous year's threads, you will see that they change the AADSAS portal to "Check back Dec. 1" or something to that effect usually a week before Dec. 1.
Well, I guess things are getting real! haha