***Official Dalhousie Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for applying here? Is it a good dental school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm I saw from last years thread someone was invited to interview in late Jan with interview date mid Feb. Looks like the admissions committee may be behind this year... unless we were ghosted lol
I think they also send interview invites later on around March and don't send acceptances till June. It's just a waiting game. Hopefully you have interviews/ acceptances somewhere else!

Hmmm I saw from last years thread someone was invited to interview in late Jan with interview date mid Feb. Looks like the admissions committee may be behind this year... unless we were ghosted lol

No, nothing yet

I think they also send interview invites later on around March and don't send acceptances till June. It's just a waiting game. Hopefully you have interviews/ acceptances somewhere else!

Are you guys all from the US and waiting for hear back or are you Canadian students? Do you have any acceptances or offers elsewhere?

Are you guys all from the US and waiting for hear back or are you Canadian students? Do you have any acceptances or offers elsewhere?
US and Canadian, I have an acceptance. You?

Reactions: 1 user
ok mine says none too but I have not received any other emails regarding my application.

It won't allow me to PM you, maybe I can send an email to ask why I never received any emails from them.

It won't allow me to PM you, maybe I can send an email to ask why I never received any emails from them.

I got the same email on January 7th. It was actually only sent out to those who applied through their application (ie. Most Canadian students) and not those who applied through AADSAS. I submitted through them instead of AADSAS so I “accidentally” got the email even though it was intended for Canadian Students. Just a head up though, I reached out to Jo-Anne recently and she told me at this point. nearly all international spots have been filled for the program. :(

Oh wow I didn't know this. I applied through AADSAS though so not sure why I got it. That's really disappointing, but thank you for letting me know

Yeah, I’m not sure why some ppl got that email and other didn’t, but she did tell me that the email was intended primarily for Canadian applicants. I feel you though, I was also disappointed when she said that most spots have been filled. This doesn’t mean that there’s 0 chances of getting accepted, but I wouldn’t keep my hopes up. Please keep us updated if anyone hears back!

Members don't see this ad :)
It did have some information for international applicants so maybe thats why. They only take 10 intl students right? I'm guessing theres only one or two seats left lol

Yeah, there was one section saying international students will hear back about interviews sooner than Canadians so I guess it wasn’t by accident ‍♀️.

I actually have no idea how many spots they “reserve” for internationals, I thought it changed from year to year. I don’t even know if there are any seats left right now or she was just trying to politely say no (I was on the phone with her). Whatever the case may be, I would rather get an explicit rejection than being lead on, especially if she is aware that all seats have been taken.

Even US schools are like that. There are schools I heard are done interviewing but they haven't made any contact with me. Better to receive a rejection letter than be stressed for so many months. It should be some kind of rule

Yes, US schools do that too, but the chances of ppl giving up their seat and someone else getting that seat or getting off of the waitlist are a lot higher than it is for Canadian schools. If you are discouraged by US schools at this point, I would say to keep your head up and stay positive! People are claiming all interviews are “closed” but I know ppl who got interview invites for more than one school TODAY! I also know ppl in the past who have gotten accepted in literally June, right before starting in August! Don’t lose your hopes yet

Thanks! When did you email her? I sent her an email about something else and didn't get a response lol

Hey guys I emailed Jo-Anne and asked if international students are still being considered for this application cycle and she said yes she is still reviewing files. There's still hope...

Well this makes me feel a little better. I emailed her a while ago too and she hasn’t responded but I’m glad to hear that we still have a chance!

Well this makes me feel a little better. I emailed her a while ago too and she hasn’t responded but I’m glad to hear that we still have a chance!
Yes no response from her yet but I'm sure they are busy with applications.

Does anyone know when Dal sent out interview invitation last year ?

Does anyone know when Dal sent out interview invitation last year ?

They send invites and acceptances throughout the year I believe only few spots if any are available for international students.

For Canadian students, invites are usually late March/ early April and acceptances in June. The Feb Canadian DAT has not been released (probably due to (COVID) this might be causing some delays with Canadian interview invites.

Exactly, interviews for international students are sent out well in advance (February-ish) which is why I’m [pleasantly] surprised that they’re still considering international applicants.

Canadian interview invites go out around April because all interviews occur in May and they want to give a couple weeks worth of time for students to figure out flying and accommodations. This cycle is likely a lot different because interviews will be online and I think the admissions committee is taking more time because of that— they can let people know pretty last minute if the interview is online anyway!

I have heard about the lag in the most recent Canadian DAT score, but I’ve also heard that interview invites are solely given based on GPA, so the DAT score shouldn’t even matter. But I don’t know if that’s true and I honestly don’t know why they’re taking so long!

Exactly, interviews for international students are sent out well in advance (February-ish) which is why I’m [pleasantly] surprised that they’re still considering international applicants.

Canadian interview invites go out around April because all interviews occur in May and they want to give a couple weeks worth of time for students to figure out flying and accommodations. This cycle is likely a lot different because interviews will be online and I think the admissions committee is taking more time because of that— they can let people know pretty last minute if the interview is online anyway!

I have heard about the lag in the most recent Canadian DAT score, but I’ve also heard that interview invites are solely given based on GPA, so the DAT score shouldn’t even matter. But I don’t know if that’s true and I honestly don’t know why they’re taking so long!
Wow, I haven't heard about interview invites based solely on GPA I don't know if that would be fair for some people!

I agree, it usually doesn't take this long to send invites or rejections to international students, i'm sure we will hear some news (soon?) either way.

A lot of applicants are not on SDN... for good reason lol

There's only like 5 people who've been active in this thread so I'ma just take it as a sign that there aren't that many intl students who are interested and we have a super high chance of getting accepted :) Speaking it into existence yall

I sure hope and pray that’s true, I even dreamt a couple nights ago that I got accepted! Hopefully these are all signs

Reactions: 1 users
Some Canadian students have received interview invites and others rejections

Hi, Im Canadian and I got an interview today. I have noticed some of you had interview earlier. Can you give me some tips about its interview ?

I appreciate it.

Hi, Im Canadian and I got an interview today. I have noticed some of you had interview earlier. Can you give me some tips about its interview ?

I appreciate it.
As far as I know, we are all still waiting to hear back, we don't have interview invites.

As far as I know, we are all still waiting to hear back, we don't have interview invites.
I noticed that some international students have already been interviewed. Thats why Im asking. If some one could give us some tips that would be great. My main question is that if they only ask situational question or its both situational and personal questions.

I noticed that some international students have already been interviewed. Thats why Im asking. If some one could give us some tips that would be great. My main question is that if they only ask situational question or its both situational and personal questions.
You are better off asking on Canadian dental school forum or google it. The international students who have been interviewed are not active on here. The active people on here have not received interview invites.

Hi Alice,
do you mind sharing with me what your stats are like DAT score and gpa and what year of your undergrad you’re in ?

Sure,
My gpa is 3.97/4
AA:20, PAT:22, RC:18
OP
I graduated last year

Does that mean we're likely to receive rejections?
I conducted interviews last week and this week. I don't know if they will send anymore invites. All I know is they send acceptances in June and it's already May 15 so...

Honestly, I think it’s still too early to tell. I haven’t lost all my hope just yet but I also don’t have my hopes up too high. I have a feeling they’re going to offer us the “leftover seats” aka the seats that Canadian students declined, so that could mean we don’t hear back before June 16th. Either way, fingers crossed for some great news!