Official DAT Scores sent by the ADA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caloriefree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I was looking through the list of schools for supplemental applications requirements (here), I noticed that some schools require "Official DAT scores" whereas other schools require "Official DAT scores sent from the ADA."

I'm curious to know if there is a difference. I'm guessing the latter is the one which you have to pay $25 for one's scores to be sent to designated schools, and the first is just listing your DAT scores on the AADSAS. Am I right?? :confused:

Also.. on the AADSAS application checklist, I noticed that the DAT section is not a requirement. I lost the slip with my scores and don't remember the exact figures clearly.. plus I don't want to pay another $25 for my copy if I don't have to. Is it alright if I left this section blank?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if I can send them via online with my credit cards all at once after submission of AADSAS materials instead of sending US check or money order?
I've heard I can at some other site, which I don't remember exactly.

Anyway, even though each school has different policy, I still want to know if there are schools that I can pay with creditcard.

I've imagined I will receive a notification e-mail to pay for supplemental fees via AADSAS portal.

As I was looking through the list of schools for supplemental applications requirements (here), I noticed that some schools require "Official DAT scores" whereas other schools require "Official DAT scores sent from the ADA."

I'm curious to know if there is a difference. I'm guessing the latter is the one which you have to pay $25 for one's scores to be sent to designated schools, and the first is just listing your DAT scores on the AADSAS. Am I right?? :confused:

Official means scores/transcript sent directly to an institution. No self respecting school would accept scores you entered in the AADSAS application, and ADEA will not send application out until those scores/transcripts are verified. For proper documentation schools require an official copy be sent to their institution.