**Official EK schedule/material users thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ebete

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll start this one for the April 2006. I am just about done my finals and plan on starting my 10 week EK schedule next week. I'll be extending the schedule to have time for the other books and practices I'll be using. Any one care to share?

Once I have my schedule all set and typed I'll check in again.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have an exact schedule, but obviously spend more time strengthening your weaknesses with all of the different practice materials, not just EK. You can't become so dependent on EK, or you'll start to become 'one-dimensional'. When practicing questions, arbitrarily pick questions from TPR, Kaplan, EK, and AAMC tests. If you can ace all four of these types, you're ready to sit for the test.

One of the smartest people I've ever met advised me to forget most of the specifics for the MCAT and stick to practicing questions. As always, spend more time going over the answers than you did taking the test, and find out the reason you got stuff right, as well as the reason you got stuff wrong.

Ebete said:
I guess I'll start this one for the April 2006. I am just about done my finals and plan on starting my 10 week EK schedule next week. I'll be extending the schedule to have time for the other books and practices I'll be using. Any one care to share?

Once I have my schedule all set and typed I'll check in again.

I've started the 10 week schedule on November 6th. The idea was to have two weeks to go over each week that they have (since I don't think anyone really has time to do MCAT stuff for 3 hours a night with other classes) and then have 4 weeks prior to the MCAT to just pound away at practice problems until the test. Unfortunately, school has been crazy so I'm a few weeks behind where I want to be, but I'm hoping that the break will help with that.

Has anyone else done any of the Mini-MCATs? They're so much harder than what I was expecting.

I started today the EK schedule since I really need about two weeks for every week of the schedule. I know that I am a week or two behind but I will catch up during christmas vacation. I am having a hard time getting more than 8 on my lecture tests for bio. I would be nice to have an alternative schedule OP! please post it as soon as you have it ready. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad you are starting early for the 10 week course. Something always pops up and you need more time.

The 30 minute chapter exams in EK are very tough. I really suggest that you go over the material at least 3 times and feel comfortable with the material before taking those exams. This is what I did and it gave me a very clear indication of what was my weak areas. I continually reviewed the weak chapters going into the exam while doing quick review of anything I scored 10+ on.

In the end I think I was reviewing all of ochem since it took a very short time, and about 3 chapters in each of the other 3 subjects. Reviewing gets faster with time because you will have a increasingly solid grasp of the topics.

I did the AAMC exams online so it broke down what sections I was weak in and it correlated with the EK chapter exams. Good luck!

stoleyerscrubz said:
Glad you are starting early for the 10 week course. Something always pops up and you need more time.

The 30 minute chapter exams in EK are very tough. I really suggest that you go over the material at least 3 times and feel comfortable with the material before taking those exams. This is what I did and it gave me a very clear indication of what was my weak areas. I continually reviewed the weak chapters going into the exam while doing quick review of anything I scored 10+ on.

In the end I think I was reviewing all of ochem since it took a very short time, and about 3 chapters in each of the other 3 subjects. Reviewing gets faster with time because you will have a increasingly solid grasp of the topics.

I did the AAMC exams online so it broke down what sections I was weak in and it correlated with the EK chapter exams. Good luck!

thanks for your words of wisdom! I am actually going trough the material 3 times so I guess I am doing something right :D . I totally agree with you that EK tests are hard in comparison to Kaplan review tests. I dont know if getting 8s is a good score to start with or not but I hope I can get better and better as time goes by :eek: . I am doing first bio, then ochem, then physics, and then general chem so that when I start doing the " integrated schedule" everything will be a review so I am planning to finish the first review by the beginning of february! I hope is possible :smuggrin: . it is just that I feel more comfortable studying one subject at a time. any ideas in how to improve my study method are welcome :D . thanks