official guide to mcat verbal section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many verbal passages are in this? After purchase, can we download the pdf to do the verbal passages right away?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many verbal passages are in this? After purchase, can we download the pdf to do the verbal passages right away?

Thanks
The guide is a book.You know that, right?

The latest version has 6 passages totally 30Q. (almost a FL)

Not sure a pdf version is available for downloading.

I can be wrong.

The guide is a book.You know that, right?

The latest version has 6 passages totally 30Q. (almost a FL)

Not sure a pdf version is available for downloading.

I can be wrong.

Yeah I know i'm just wondering if we have access to download it after purchase (like the AAMC FL's) because if that is the case I will do so immediately to have access to the VR passages I am in desperate need of.

Yeah I know i'm just wondering if we have access to download it after purchase (like the AAMC FL's) because if that is the case I will do so immediately to have access to the VR passages I am in desperate need of.

I see where you come from.

I suspect they only sell the book as it is without handling another version of the identical file on the database. Computer resource is very expensive nowadays. This is different from the FL where they can make a defined amount of money.

Just curious. Are you running out of other VR resources as the real date around the corner? My expericence told me it took about 4 to 5 days to have the guide arrived after on line order using credit card.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see where you come from.

I suspect they only sell the book as it is without handling another version of the identical file on the database. Computer resource is very expensive nowadays. This is different from the FL where they can make a defined amount of money.

Just curious. Are you running out of other VR resources as the real date around the corner? My expericence told me it took about 4 to 5 days to have the guide arrived after on line order using credit card.

Yeah I'm running out... and I still suck... I'm getting extremely worried after my last FL. I just need an 8 how stupid can I be. :mad:

Yeah I'm running out... and I still suck... I'm getting extremely worried after my last FL. I just need an 8 how stupid can I be. :mad:

I don't know where you are from the "target" 8.
I assume you know VR is very stubborn and its rising is extremely un-predictable as many outside elements driving the final outcome. Lock yourself in a very short time frame to push is very high risk, in my opinion.

I have seen people stay at a level and suddenly surge 3 to 4 points.
I also have seen people rising a point or so and stay there forever.

You are the only one who can "FEEL" the vib of VR respect to the real test date. Be quite honest with you, if I am at the last stage (means within a month) of the test and my target VR in practice is still 2 points away (which I consider at least 4 points away from the real thing), I will seriously consider my good old strategy call postponement. But I am not you.

I don't know where you are from the "target" 8.
I assume you know VR is very stubborn and its rising is extremely un-predictable as many outside elements driving the final outcome. Lock yourself in a very short time frame to push is very high risk, in my opinion.

I have seen people stay at a level and suddenly surge 3 to 4 points.
I also have seen people rising a point or so and stay there forever.

You are the only one who can "FEEL" the vib of VR respect to the real test date. Be quite honest with you, if I am at the last stage (means within a month) of the test and my target VR in practice is still 2 points away (which I consider at least 4 points away from the real thing), I will seriously consider my good old strategy call postponement. But I am not you.

My AAMC VR scores have been 7 8 10 7. I need an 8 with an overall of 30. Honestly I have been feeling good about VR for the most part, but my last AAMC FL I thought I did well and bombed it (VR, not overall score). It was very discouraging after receiving a 10 on the previous FL. I guess I will take a coupe more AAMC FLs, and if I am not consistently getting 8-10 then I will have to post-pone?

My AAMC VR scores have been 7 8 10 7. I need an 8 with an overall of 30. Honestly I have been feeling good about VR for the most part, but my last AAMC FL I thought I did well and bombed it (VR, not overall score). It was very discouraging after receiving a 10 on the previous FL. I guess I will take a coupe more AAMC FLs, and if I am not consistently getting 8-10 then I will have to post-pone?

+1. I never gamble on border line statistic especially something impacting my future like MCAT.

Good Luck to you. :thumbup: