Official Harry Potter WW Game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you all for playing and a HUGe thanks to Nohika for being an amazing co mod!!

When I first started designing this game, I had a bunch of villager roles in mind, but then I kept thinking about all of the fun items and spells that could be used, and I thought having too many items and roles would be an unfair advantage to the villagers, so I took a gamble and decided no villager roles, and minimal wolf roles. Plus j thought itd be fun to have everyone trying to figure out roles, and it helps the villagers in a way bc the items circulate and the wolves can't kill your seer or protector, etc.
I never thought of having the wolves use imperious to veto lynches, that was a brilliant move. I loved the imperius spell though and couldnt wait for them to use it, except that I thought it was going to be more of a fun item than actually useful bc I imagined them using it to tell a certain villager to post something, or vote a certain way. And yes, that freaking RNG loved the wolves, i think it would have been more balanced if more of the villagers had the items especially in the beginning.

That and in the past few games, I feel like the villagers have been able to pick out the wolves really easily, and I know many of you guys even suspected the right people early on.

I was prepared to alter things either way if it got unbalanced, and we let te ghosts become extremely helpful after a few nights, I was actually very concerned I had been unfair to the wolves at that point and given too much away. Without the idea of imperiusing the veto I think the wolves would have lost.

But anyway, it was really fun to mod And I am sorry it was unbalanced in the wolves favor, although with a few different rngs and strategies it could have been a very different outcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah the stealing pretty much. We are the cause of why your messages seemed so phony. We expelled a few people (lol) and wrote that SOV message

I figured you had written the SOV message. Still trying to figure out if I would have called BS on the SOV message if I was still a villager or not. I think I would have called it BS especially since he was silenced and as a villager I don't like lynching the silenced, it always ends poorly.

Thank you all for playing and a HUGe thanks to Nohika for being an amazing co mod!!

When I first started designing this game, I had a bunch of villager roles in mind, but then I kept thinking about all of the fun items and spells that could be used, and I thought having too many items and roles would be an unfair advantage to the villagers, so I took a gamble and decided no villager roles, and minimal wolf roles. Plus j thought itd be fun to have everyone trying to figure out roles, and it helps the villagers in a way bc the items circulate and the wolves can't kill your seer or protector, etc.
I never thought of having the wolves use imperious to veto lynches, that was a brilliant move. I loved the imperius spell though and couldnt wait for them to use it, except that I thought it was going to be more of a fun item than actually useful bc I imagined them using it to tell a certain villager to post something, or vote a certain way. And yes, that freaking RNG loved the wolves, i think it would have been more balanced if more of the villagers had the items especially in the beginning.

That and in the past few games, I feel like the villagers have been able to pick out the wolves really easily, and I know many of you guys even suspected the right people early on.

I was prepared to alter things either way if it got unbalanced, and we let te ghosts become extremely helpful after a few nights, I was actually very concerned I had been unfair to the wolves at that point and given too much away. Without the idea of imperiusing the veto I think the wolves would have lost.

But anyway, it was really fun to mod And I am sorry it was unbalanced in the wolves favor, although with a few different rngs and strategies it could have been a very different outcome!

Yeah I know that many people were saying "the wolves would be stupid to try to save people this early!!!"

:mad:

But the fact was that Katie was ADAMANT that Heylodeb was a wolf. So I thought it be best to use up her powers nkw

Members don't see this ad :)

It was a great game krist!!! Thank you to both you and nohika!!! You guys did awesome!!! I had lots of fun being a ghost and not having to worry about game strategy or anything and just messing with people. Especially once we decided to: "TW seems really comfortable in her wolfie position, lets make TW sweat a little." :smuggrin:

Yeah I know that many people were saying "the wolves would be stupid to try to save people this early!!!"

:mad:

But the fact was that Katie was ADAMANT that Heylodeb was a wolf. So I thought it be best to use up her powers nkw

Yeah I had no idea why the crap people were trying to argue that wildcat might not be a wolf even after the first night of the vetoing. I was like wtf is wrong with you all.

and that, Katie8, is why we weren't able to convert you. You were pretty high up ther in our choices but it would have been too suspicious for you to have stopped being so passionate about my death, lol

Yeah I had no idea why the crap people were trying to argue that wildcat might not be a wolf even after the first night of the vetoing. I was like wtf is wrong with you all.

and THAT is why we killed you off early! :) :smuggrin:

It was a great game krist!!! Thank you to both you and nohika!!! You guys did awesome!!! I had lots of fun being a ghost and not having to worry about game strategy or anything and just messing with people. Especially once we decided to: "TW seems really comfortable in her wolfie position, lets make TW sweat a little." :smuggrin:

I admit it. You did. But I had this whole thing backed up and I was going to claim that I was snape and was sending those messages about the dark cloud and that once I ousted myself, I cannot vote or pm but will count game wise as a villager.

Then that damn cloak got me. Ugh

Haha and I loved how I threw a lynch at sheepie and claimed him to be wild.

And per usual, devyn called bs on it. Even though all of you were wolves lol.

I was caught red handed and I had work. Didn't have the time :(

I have to say.....

It was about damn time you got caught. The ghosts were going insane. For some reason we really wanted you out. :smuggrin:

Of course they also almost lynched devyn then lissa came up with the make jj use her veto which saved devyn's ass.

Of course from the way I understood it, I thought that the wolves had used up jj's vetos and technically she did not have that veto for herself but maybe I was wrong. :confused:

We were like oh **** oh **** oh **** and then I came up with that and everyone totally bought it. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
We were like oh **** oh **** oh **** and then I came up with that and everyone totally bought it. :laugh:

It was a good move since you had used it before as a villager. And people did buy it, but I was positive that jj did not have anymore vetoes since the wolves had used them, guess I was wrong.

It was a good move since you had used it before as a villager. And people did buy it, but I was positive that jj did not have anymore vetoes since the wolves had used them, guess I was wrong.

Since the villagers were struggling, I decided to be nice and let JJ keep her veto to actually use it herself instead of being imperiused.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Krist and Nohika. Nohika, I feel like you were the ghostly medium for this game, thanks for putting up with all of our shenanigans :D

As for the wolves - great game!!!!:D:D:D

Disappointed Sheepie didn't post any memes from the last owl message. We obviously knew you and SnS were wolves, but I just wanted to see if you would actually post anything.

Thank you for a great game, mods! It was fun even though I died early :)

While I was of course sad to die so early, I had fun being Peeves. (Even if SOV claimed to be Peeves in the thread!!)

I shall take the fact that I died first as a compliment. I'm interpreting it to mean that the wolves found me oh so threatening. :cool:

While I was of course sad to die so early, I had fun being Peeves. (Even if SOV claimed to be Peeves in the thread!!)

I shall take the fact that I died first as a compliment. I'm interpreting it to mean that the wolves found me oh so threatening. :cool:

Now we get to finish our game. :D

I know you have been really busy. I will be finishing off the roles/items today or tomorrow and I will send them to you. Then we can put the finishing details into the game. :)

Loved the game... It was my first time playing and had so much fun playing it.

Thank you, mods!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

This was by far the most fun game I've played (And I mean no offense to previous mods). It just happened to be a great combo in general and was way too much fun. I agree that probably what threw off the balance was that the wolves had so many of the items at the beginning. I know there were a few nights where we had both the investigation items. I think it really was just due to RNG that there was an imbalance. Regardless, great game Krist and Nohika! And GO WOLVES!!!!!!

Your avatar made me giggle every time I saw it (your Malfoy one). I have no idea why.

I just think he's the creepiest person ever. I did like my voldy one "I liked the basilisk when it was underground".

I could tell the game had ended when I was reading through the last lynch and noticed no one had HP icons any more. :(

Great game, krist and nohika. Thanks for modding! It was fun.

And I finally made it to the end of a game! I think this is the first game I've played where I haven't been lynched (can't remember being a night kill, but may have happened--IPB, am I in your spreadsheets?).

Good game, wolves. Fun playing with you all even if you played us well most of the time.

Thanks guys. this was a fun game.

Still bitter I was lynched while silenced. I really wanted to survive until LIS took over.

See you all next game

Love,
SOV

Sorry dude. Revenge on you killing me second night in GOT.