***Official Howard University class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

hitmans45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed a Thread for Howard. Am I the only one excited about this school? Haha. I recieved aadsas confirmation recently. Anyone else want to chip in or leave rude and sarcastic comments?

Members don't see this ad.

I do think its a historically black university, but the undergrad and dental program are still pretty diverse.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying here. I've only gotten the "application is complete" thing

I'm applying here. I've only gotten the "application is complete" thing

Very cool. Don't forget to send in your supp. fee. You only have 10 days after you receive the email.

Sending my supp fee tomorrow, but app most likely won't be complete until next week. Have my committe exit interview today so hopefully they don't take too long to right the lor.

How long did it take to receive the email after your AADSAS application was processed?

Hey guys I'm in 4th batch and I haven't received anything :( is anyone on the same boat as me?

I applied 6/17 and I still haven't received a email or call about supps yet. ???

Sending my supp fee tomorrow, but app most likely won't be complete until next week. Have my committe exit interview today so hopefully they don't take too long to right the lor.

BlueDevil2012 Did they call you or email you about the sup app and fee??

Members don't see this ad :)
1stlady, I'm 3rd batch and I recieved the email from Howard on July 29th to send them the app fee and I don't beleive there is a supp app.

I just received a rejection because I didnt take anatomy... But I was planning to take it in the spring semester. suggestions~?

I just received a rejection because I didnt take anatomy... But I was planning to take it in the spring semester. suggestions~?
Yikes I didn't take anatomy either. I didn't get an email from them yet though, but maybe soon. What did you do?

I got the confirmation of application fee email and then a note that I don't have anatomy/biochem, however I was planning on taking them in upcoming semesters/before matriculation. Does that mean that they won't look at my application any further? I thought required courses just needed to be complete prior to matriculation, is Howard different?

I got the confirmation of application fee email and then a note that I don't have anatomy/biochem, however I was planning on taking them in upcoming semesters/before matriculation. Does that mean that they won't look at my application any further? I thought required courses just needed to be complete prior to matriculation, is Howard different?
You guys have to call the admissions office RELENTLESSLY and drive the idea in that you WILL be taking these classes. Speaking from experience.

Just got off the phone with Admissions and the woman said that ~1500 applications don't have the required prerequisites and get an automatic rejection letter. So I guess that means my letter will be coming soon because I won't have all the prereq's done before the year is up

lilwebb, did you have the missing classes listed under your planned coursework for the year?

I've been trying to get them on the phone, but not answer yet. I had no idea ths could happen. I guess we're paying $75 for them to tell us something they could put on their website.

lilwebb, did you have the missing classes listed under your planned coursework for the year?

I've been trying to get them on the phone, but not answer yet. I had no idea ths could happen. I guess we're paying $75 for them to tell us something they could put on their website.

No, I didn't but I did send several emails that I am now planning to take it. I was going to just add them during the update.

I agree, I wish the website specifically said "only apply if these courses are completed".

I am first batch but I haven't gotten a email from them yet, also I haven't taken the 2nd part of human A&p and only have 4 credits for the 1st class. should I call them too?

i left a voicemail. nothing yet.. wow... unbelievable

... someone picked up for me after about 3 rings. Maybe try 202-806-0019?

I just got of the phone with Ms. Randall in admissions. I explained that I wouldn't be taking Biochem until this fall and a&p2 in the spring.She told me that was fine and that if I didn't include one in my planned coursework to just add it when its time for an academic update. She said pre reqs just need to be completed by matriculation. Lastly, she said if they review and like ur application they will send u an email about what u are missing and ask if you plan to take them. So I don't believe this is a rejection. I would suggest calling and informing them over the phone. She took my name so maybe she made a note on my file or is keeping a record of who has called with this same inquiry. Hope this clears some things up.

I just got of the phone with Ms. Randall in admissions. I explained that I wouldn't be taking Biochem until this fall and a&p2 in the spring.She told me that was fine and that if I didn't include one in my planned coursework to just add it when its time for an academic update. She said pre reqs just need to be completed by matriculation. Lastly, she said if they review and like ur application they will send u an email about what u are missing and ask if you plan to take them. So I don't believe this is a rejection. I would suggest calling and informing them over the phone. She took my name so maybe she made a note on my file or is keeping a record of who has called with this same inquiry. Hope this clears some things up.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the school still requires one full year of Biochem?

Last year they had a two semester requirement. If you look in the 2013 ADA guide it says you need two semesters, but on the school's website it's listed as only one..

Has anyone received confirmation on their supp. fee?

Hitman, it looks like lilwebb recieved the supp fee confirmation email.
When I called about the pre req issue I also asked if they could tell me whether they recieved my money order and Ms Randall's exact words were "we are swimming in money orders right now and are trying to process them as quickly as possible" she said mine most likely had been recieved but that I'd recieve the email the same day it has been processed. I sent my money order on August 1st.

Hitman, it looks like lilwebb recieved the supp fee confirmation email.
When I called about the pre req issue I also asked if they could tell me whether they recieved my money order and Ms Randall's exact words were "we are swimming in money orders right now and are trying to process them as quickly as possible" she said mine most likely had been recieved but that I'd recieve the email the same day it has been processed. I sent my money order on August 1st.

Yeah, I sent mine in on July 25th and nothing. I've left two voice messages and an email. I'm all for patience and understanding that they're swamped, but I'm slightly irritated at no response at all.

Have you tried calling before 10am? That has been the only way I have gotten someone on the phone.

I mailed my money order on Aug 6. I was told that they usually get back to every starting the beginning of Sept. They really need to improve their app system.

Does anyone know when they are suppose to send out supplemental apps for oos? Haven't received anything.

Does anyone know when they are suppose to send out supplemental apps for oos? Haven't received anything.

I didn't think they had supp. apps. I'm in CA and received the supp. fee email on 7/23. Is there suppose to be an actual secondary application?

There is no supplemental, only the fee as MONEY ORDER..maybe a supplemental on interview date..please don't confuse people, lol

1stLady, as long as you have sent the $75 money order you should be fine. I dont beleive there is a supp app. According to Ms. Randall, you should eventually recieve an email confirming your payment and then an email when your app goes under review.

never sent the $75 money order because I dont think I ever got the email, but now im starting to wonder if it went to my spam and got deleted. Since I was first batch I should have received it by now. And no my intentions are not to confuse anyone.

Definitely call them. Make sure its before 10am or they won't pick up and leaving a message is useless. But good luck and don't worry I wasn't confused. Haha. Maybe slightly concerned.

never sent the $75 money order because I dont think I ever got the email, but now im starting to wonder if it went to my spam and got deleted. Since I was first batch I should have received it by now. And no my intentions are not to confuse anyone.

This is weird, you should call them..Howard was the first of 16 school to send me supplemental! And I have very low stats so not special selection on my application..I am 5 batch

Thanks guys, and I def called and left msgs and never got a return. smh so I'll try early morning.

Are their minimum requirements for the DAT score real? Like will they reject you automatically if you don't have an 18 in each section?