Official, "I don't have a single Interview yet" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^I've been complete roughly about that amount of time...

Is it possible for the OP to change the title to: Official, "I'm pretty much completely dead inside and I am beginning to concede defeat by the autonomic shutdown of my internal processes" Thread?...Just wanted to check so we could have the most emo thread on SDN:D

We should all meet up somewhere, play My Chemical Romance while crying ourselves to sleep in the room corners. I'm already growing my hair and dying it pitch black.

Members don't see this ad.

For how long have you guys been complete at schools? I'm in the same boat; no interviews and 2 rejections, but I didn't get most of my applications sent in until mid September. I still have 20 applications pending; should I be hearing back from schools by now?

Hey, just kind of curious how you graduate suma cum laude with less than a 3.9?

Members don't see this ad :)
i should take my name off the list, i finally got my first interview invite from NYMC a week ago :D

1 invite, 6 rejections and im waiting to hear back from 20 more schools

good luck everyone

My overall GPA is lower because I entered college right out of high school, did okay, but never graduated. I then took a few years off, went back to school, and started over at a new university. I graduated from the new school with a 3.91. However, the AMCAS application looks at all of my transcripts, thereby greatly reducing my GPA.

Ahhh im totally starting to feel pressured here...I just emailed RWJ and NJMS to make sure they got everything they need for my file just because I havent heard anything from them since they sent me the secondaries. Every day im rushing to look through the mail...kinda reminds me of that scene from "charlie and the chocolate factory" where charlie is timidly peeling back the wrapper.

of course im talking about the version with Gene Wilder which is the better of the two, obviously :)

Crossing my fingers that this will be our week!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Maybe this will brighten the thread a bit - I just got my first (and only) interview invite (Harvard NP) last week, after months of silence, half a dozen rejections, and 2 pre-interview holds. My stats are not impressive, so it was hard to stay motivated/optimistic until the first invite came along. In case it helps to know, I submitted my AMCAS in early July, most secondaries were done by late August, and I noticed a lot of variation in completion dates even though everything was submitted at the same time.

I'm still anxious about whether other interviews are on the way, but even for one invitation, I am very appreciative. So, hang in there, everyone!

:luck:

yeah, i second the dead feeling inside.

i'm just at a loss for words, emotions.

of course it didn't help that over thanksgiving my relatives were debating the viability of me as a good candidate (none are doctors, only one doctor, who graduated eons ago and got into columbia med with a 3.2 gpa)

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe this will brighten the thread a bit - I just got my first (and only) interview invite (Harvard NP) last week, after months of silence, half a dozen rejections, and 2 pre-interview holds. My stats are not impressive, so it was hard to stay motivated/optimistic until the first invite came along. In case it helps to know, I submitted my AMCAS in early July, most secondaries were done by late August, and I noticed a lot of variation in completion dates even though everything was submitted at the same time.

I'm still anxious about whether other interviews are on the way, but even for one invitation, I am very appreciative. So, hang in there, everyone!

Your first and only interview is at...Harvard???

yeah, i second the dead feeling inside.

i'm just at a loss for words, emotions.

of course it didn't help that over thanksgiving my relatives were debating the viability of me as a good candidate (none are doctors, only one doctor, who graduated eons ago and got into columbia med with a 3.2 gpa)

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol, we had a similar Thanksgiving. I just hope we hear some good news by the next big holiday or else...

15 schools
4 rejections
0 invites

But it only takes one...

Members don't see this ad :)
wrongperson - complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
medic2doctor08 - complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
Viciouz - Complete at all schools from early September or before. Received a few screened secondaries and am hoping they turn into invites (30+ schools):(
silverlining1 - complete ranging from 9/3 to not complete yet
killinsound
utahjazz- Complete at most schools by mid October. Still waiting on some slow snail-mail ones whose secondaries I submitted in September (and they cashed my checks!) and some screening schools I sent back this month
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
SoFlaKnight -AMCAS verified-Late July/MCAT scores received-Sept. 19th/Told by my school's Pre-Health office that my committee letter wouldn't be complete till mid-November so I rescinded and sent out LOR and completed secondaries late September/Remaining school's (UF, FSU, Loyola, Rochester and Wake Forest) complete early to mid October.
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
PseudomonasPAO1 - Complete late Sept/early Oct.
LoveBeatles-Complete earlySept to MidOct (1 DO interview. No MD
MedFool24 - Complete at most schools in August/Early Sept
Jad2121-complete at 22 MD schools from 9/14-10/5. Every day i think its my day...every day it is not. I have 1 rejection and 21 "under review"s wtf?
a41 - Complete late September. Submitted primary in July, AMCAS decided to take their sweet time with my transcripts, and only verified me mid september.
blondie08- AMCAS verified late sept. complete at 13/22 schools. 1 rejection :(. obsessed with checking my email.
mdHopeful08- AMCAS verified Aug.29th, 3 rejections, complete everywhere by sept. 25th, and still no word from any schools...
Karen12345-AMCAS verified mid July, complete everywhere by mid August, waiting to hear.
dondon complete mid sep - no answers yet )=
Wurangblang AMCAS verified sep 11th, completed 9/13 - 10/10, 2 rejections, 1 hold, CA res, 7 on VR.
Halloweenie-complete late sept-mid oct. 5 rejections. 1 pre-int hold. loud, obnoxious crickets. that's all i hear.
aimsz88- complete at most schools since mid to late september. three rejections (GW, GT, UMD) and one pre-interview hold (PSU but yeah right that's a rejection) and waiting...
keys - complete since end july/beginning of august
orient03 - complete since end of sept
trahikat - complete since august at most schools, except emory and uc davis which came last month. but i was complete at most schools within 2 weeks of receiving the secondary, and my AMCAS was complete in the first week of july. ARGH
etf - complete mid august, early september. reapplicant who by this time last year had 4 interviews lined up.
ReachingTruth - re-applicant complete since mid august
Civilleader - Complete since mid-September, 1 DO acceptance, no MD interviews
njmed
maristella- complete late sept., no rejections, just deafening silence...
Phenol312- complete late august through mid september. 2 Rejections
diya1159 - complete late september to mid october
ymnCheetos - complete mid-late October. 3 Rejections.

I FINALLY GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE! After being complete since September, I got an interview at UCSD :) I'm so excited! Best luck to the rest of you!

YEAH SILVERLINING!!!

That's great news! Congrats and good luck with the interview!

UJ, my MCAT Buddy!...3 months later and we still have thumbs up our a$$es...doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were incessantly patrolling the MCAT threads:(

UJ, my MCAT Buddy!...3 months later and we still have thumbs up our a$$es...doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were incessantly patrolling the MCAT threads:(

I know... so sad. :cry: I'm surprised you haven't heard anything yet... you have good stats. You should (hopefully) get a few invites before everyone takes off for winter break.

dont lose hope
you get that interview invite when you least expect it

deleted

Last edited:
I never thought this day would come, but I finally received an interview...I got the call today from UF in the middle of an exam, no joke...I have to retake the exam that I voided by answering the call...It was worth it!:laugh:

I never thought this day would come, but I finally received an interview...I got the call today from UF in the middle of an exam, no joke...I have to retake the exam that I voided by answering the call...It was worth it!:laugh:

Wonderful!!!! Congrats!

YAAAAAYYY For you! :) Man, I bet Florida's much nicer right now than Maryland, it's cold here! Good luck with that interview (and with retaking that exam, haha, I'm glad your professor is letting you redo it!)

hahah props for the commitment. Congrats, this is one thread I'm sure you will never miss visiting.

Congrats, SoFla! :luck:

supercongrats!! we've all been sending good vibes your way. glad it worked. now ace the interview!! make us proud.

Great job! I didn't know that some schools do phone invitations.. but definitely cool for you.

:oops: I guess i'm in same boat as you guys. I'm not in cali though! Submitted my applications kind of late relative to everyone here (earliest in august, then rest spread out through september to yesterday).

Applied to 18 schools (secondary). Currently on hold pre-interview at GW and VCU. No rejections yet though so maybe that's good? Or my file just hasn't been shot down bc havent been reviewed yet.

Here are my stats http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=9434
Feel free to cheer me up or push me off a building :).....sigh.....

Congrats, mang!

Way to go! (now just get in!!)

:D

I want an allo interview. Just oneeee!!! Pleeaaaassseeee :(

I will dedicate my life to helping the orphans....

;) Been rooting for ya! Will keep rooting for ya! Congrats...be proud :)

Wait... am I to understand that if I haven't received an interview yet there is a good chance I won't get one period (and by good i mean over 50%)??

I am really freaking out about this, i studied my a$$ off for the MCATs and yes i lagged a bit on the apps but if i don't get an interview i think the whole "30 is the general consensus to be golden" should be changed, because my 31 and I are getting depressed...

p.s. 2 rejections... at least it's a response, instead of just waiting around...

Rejected from Boston, Georgetown, Case Western, VCOM, and Pritzker.
Pre-interview hold at GW.
Waiting on 19 more schools for an interview invite.

All the waiting is driving me insane.

Rejected from Boston, Georgetown, Case Western, VCOM, and Pritzker.
Pre-interview hold at GW.
Waiting on 19 more schools for an interview invite.

All the waiting is driving me insane.

I'm in the same boat- rejections from BU, GT, and Pritzker, along with a pre-int hold at GW and silence from about 20 other schools. Hang in there.

medic2doctor08 - complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
Viciouz - Complete at all schools from early September or before. Received a few screened secondaries and am hoping they turn into invites (30+ schools):(
killinsound
utahjazz- Complete at most schools by mid October. Still waiting on some slow snail-mail ones whose secondaries I submitted in September (and they cashed my checks!) and some screening schools I sent back this month
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
SoFlaKnight -AMCAS verified-Late July/MCAT scores received-Sept. 19th/Told by my school's Pre-Health office that my committee letter wouldn't be complete till mid-November so I rescinded and sent out LOR and completed secondaries late September/Remaining school's (UF, FSU, Loyola, Rochester and Wake Forest) complete early to mid October.
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Jad2121-complete at 22 MD schools from 9/14-10/5. Every day i think its my day...every day it is not. I have 1 rejection and 21 "under review"s wtf?
a41 - Complete late September. Submitted primary in July, AMCAS decided to take their sweet time with my transcripts, and only verified me mid september.
blondie08- AMCAS verified late sept. complete at 13/22 schools. 1 rejection :(. obsessed with checking my email.
mdHopeful08- AMCAS verified Aug.29th, 3 rejections, complete everywhere by sept. 25th, and still no word from any schools...
Karen12345-AMCAS verified mid July, complete everywhere by mid August, waiting to hear.
Wurangblang AMCAS verified sep 11th, completed 9/13 - 10/10, 2 rejections, 1 hold, CA res, 7 on VR.
Halloweenie-complete late sept-mid oct. 5 rejections. 1 pre-int hold. loud, obnoxious crickets. that's all i hear.
aimsz88- complete at most schools since mid to late september. three rejections (GW, GT, UMD) and one pre-interview hold (PSU but yeah right that's a rejection) and waiting...
trahikat - complete since august at most schools, except emory and uc davis which came last month. but i was complete at most schools within 2 weeks of receiving the secondary, and my AMCAS was complete in the first week of july. ARGH
etf - complete mid august, early september. reapplicant who by this time last year had 4 interviews lined up.
njmed
myuuchan - complete late October. Nada. But that's to be expected.

killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed

xiaoyi666 - complete august - november. 2 pre-interview holds, no rejections (yet), no interviews.

killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed

xiaoyi666 - complete august - november. 2 pre-interview holds, no rejections (yet), no interviews.

Thanks again for the props you guys...I think we're all gonna be in good shape with this December wave:thumbup:...I know I'm at or slightly below the average for UF and it somehow worked out for a school thats notorious for being all about numbers...I'm truly convinced now that some schools really do look over your app and look for a good fit rather than scores alone. You can check my other posts and you'll see the last school I expected to hear from was them, so it really does hit you when you least expect it. No bridge jumping for now at least:D...

P.S. I'm not gonna be a fair-weather poster and ditch this thread...Mark my word we will all be posting on the Official acceptance thread w/in the next few months. SDN really does warp your mind by implanting the thought that we're somehow subpar candidates-It probably accounts for like 3/4 of all the stellar apps leading to our eventual inferiority complexes...

Hey guys! I was on here just a couple weeks ago in the same position.. I just got 3 invites: SIU, UIC, and Hopkins :eek:!! Good luck to everyone... like the poster above said: most everyone on here is a great applicant.. look forward to posting on the acceptance thread!

I have similar stats to you bcat - I hope my hopkins comes through!

Removed my name:
SoFlaKnight;5906725]wrongperson - complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed

I highlighted my name to denote that I got an interview, but the color coding was lost... so I'll just take my name off :) Best of luck to those of you still waiting! :luck:

wrongperson -
complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed
xiaoyi666 - complete august - november. 2 pre-interview holds, no rejections (yet), no interviews.[/quote]

Hey, just kind of curious. How have you never heard of transferring schools?

Approximately what percent of applicants get no interviews at all?

Took my name off the list, got an interview at UM-Miller!

killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed

wrongperson -
complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed
hypertrophy - complete late October-November. 6 rejections.

xiaoyi666, would you mind PM'ing me when you were called by Miami and if possible roughly what your stats are like? Much appreciated:thumbup:

killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed
cookiemonster1- complete early-mid September. 7 rejections. waiting. forever. losing hope.

Wow, so I just put my name on this list, and now I have my first interview invite! UIC, OOS. This thing really works! Taking my name off the list. I got my invite on my most down day when I was absolutely sure that I would never get anything. So there is definitely hope for all of us.

killinsound
scholarken
zdralej
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
njmed

Congrats!!

Who did you get an interview from?