OFFICIAL I feel left out of Oct 15th thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi dudes
Anyone else out there not waiting for any decisions? Not feeling the med school love today? Rally! :)
Bounty

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain....I was waiting on the Aug MCAT scores to start returning secondaries(in case I should just save my money):) but now I have NO excuses! I have promised myself that I will send three this week, two next, blah, blah, blah......
It is still really exciting to see all of these acceptances though. I am new to SDN but I have read a lot of helpful tips thus far! I wish the best of luck to everyone!!

Oh, and I didnt mean to imply that I'm not happy for everyone else. Because I am!! Congrats!! Booyah/Moooo! :) :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have interviewed at a fair amount of places already, but only one has an October 15 notification and as luck would have it, I am pretty sure I did not get in.

Michigan has already sent out acceptances by email and the ealier "I am impressed" letters from the dean. Unfortuneately, I was not privy to either.

It doesn't feel so good, especially with all these acceptances we are hearing about. My stomach is queezy and I am having a hard time getting my mind off it...

If I do get a call today, I assume they will call me tonight because they know I work full time. Waiting for a med school to call is like waiting for a boy you really like to call and slowly feeling your gut sink as the clock ticks by.

definitely a good analogy!
med schools = jerk boys :)

I think this could be a very good lesson for those boys out there waiting to hear. When you tell a girl you will call her, don't sit around playing video games or drinking and putting it off because you're lazy. Now you know how it feels.

Originally posted by seaworthc
I think this could be a very good lesson for those boys out there waiting to hear. When you tell a girl you will call her, don't sit around playing video games or drinking and putting it off because you're lazy. Now you know how it feels.

:laugh: :laugh:

seaworthc, bounty, sweet tea....here's to the SDN girls' club...

mmmm...girls...video games...drinking...laziness.

key words.

but i am feeling ansy...even though i'm happy for those getting in. i shouldn't be hearing anything by phone or e-mail, but just hearing all the happiness makes me want girls...video games...drinking...laziness...

and girls...guys gotta wait for phone calls too.

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
maybe we should start our own thread... NO BOYS ALLOWED!! :laugh: :laugh:

good idea ;) ....though, knowing SDN....there'd be more guys than girls on that thread! ah, well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chopsuey
there'd be more guys than girls on that thread!

of course, with lots of my ranting unsolicited at you guys, sounds like a great idea! :clap:

i was just waitin for you to post, DW.....;) ...so predictable!

...but if you really want to join, all it would take just one teeny tiny operation and some hormones....:laugh:

DW loves us and can't resist us!

dont flatter yourself :p

this is great:

mail drops off at DW's apt complex ~4:30

DW's arrival at airport today for 5 days in NYC ~4pm

bleh. no october 15th love for me :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DW
dont flatter yourself :p

this is great:

mail drops off at DW's apt complex ~4:30

DW's arrival at airport today for 5 days in NYC ~4pm

bleh. no october 15th love for me :rolleyes:

awww...poor baby has too many interviews! :rolleyes:
Just kidding babes! Have a fun trip and good luck! :)

DW

Don't you have any friends you can trust to check your mail? It would kill me to wait.

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
maybe we should start our own thread... NO BOYS ALLOWED!! :laugh: :laugh:

sounds like a great idea, but I may have to call jjackis for some cuddling support tonight.

if he is too busy, then I will have to call my summer fling who is town (okay, not really since he is sure I have been waiting patiently through his internship to jump him. what a complex.)

Originally posted by seaworthc
Don't you have any friends you can trust to check your mail? It would kill me to wait.

yeah, i guess my roommates could possibly check it....whatever, i just want to concentrate on my interviews this week, and HOPEFULLY i'll get some good news when i get back.

that is a good point.
good luck with your mail and interviews!

Nothing for me today either...:(

I feel like a kid who didn't get anything for Xmas...:( :( :(

Stupid @$$ slow mail!! +pissed+