Official "I got an interview invite after a pre-interview hold" thread

wyzeguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
I have no interviews and I have been on hold at four schools for almost 3 months now. Someone gimme some similar stories with happy endings. PLEASE!!!!!

laura414

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2004
Status
I just got an offer of interview from Rush today. I didn't know schools were still giving out interviews, although they all say they interview until March.

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
some even interview into april.

Some don't send out rejections until march 15.

which schools are we talking?

OP
W

wyzeguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
newhavenjake said:
some even interview into april.

Some don't send out rejections until march 15.

which schools are we talking?
I was talking about GW, UCI, Penn State, and EVMS. But now it's just Penn state and UCI. Got two rejections today.

Buck Wild

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Status
wyzeguy said:
I was talking about GW, UCI, Penn State, and EVMS. But now it's just Penn state and UCI. Got two rejections today.

Just got an interview to penn st. for next week. i was put on hold as well. it can happen...just hang in there.

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Buck Wild said:
Just got an interview to penn st. for next week. i was put on hold as well. it can happen...just hang in there.
Buck Wild, did you send Penn State any updates? I know they said something about only considering your original materials on the hold letter, but i'm wondering if transcripts and whatnot still might help. thanks and congrats.

Kazema

In a kingdom by the sea
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Definitely send update letters to any schools you haven't been rejected from already and hope to interview at. It won't guarantee you an interview but at least it will make them remember that you applied there and might get them to take another look at your file. And this is just complete conjecture, but I feel like some schools have a pile of applicants that they only invite for interviews if those applicants show them interest. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Scrubz67

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
Status
DrThom said:
UMich anybody??

I talked to Umich last week and they said that they were still giving interviews out to people and that every application would be reviewed (apparently mine hasn't been touched since 7/23/04 :mad: ). The lady at the amissions office said that if we dont hear by the end of this week its game over, but then again I'm pretty sure that same lady told me that in December as well. Does someone want to call in today and see what the Oracle says?? How much longer are they going to keep us hanging?

On a happier note, I can attest to the fact that I have survived at least one "pre-interview hold". I got a GW invite on 2/2 after being on hold since Dec.

cjc6d

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
Scrubz67 said:
I talked to Umich last week and they said that they were still giving interviews out to people and that every application would be reviewed (apparently mine hasn't been touched since 7/23/04 :mad: ). The lady at the amissions office said that if we dont hear by the end of this week its game over, but then again I'm pretty sure that same lady told me that in December as well. Does someone want to call in today and see what the Oracle says?? How much longer are they going to keep us hanging?
I called this morning and they said they are wrapping up the whole review process in the next week or so. They'll then send out either invites or rejections at that time. Best of luck, everyone!

PBMaxx

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Status
Medical Student
I know that there are a couple of us who got put on SIU's "screener's alternate" version of pre-interview hold and got interviews.

Personally, I think I rocked mine!

ucsb101

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Status
this are my friend's scores 3.8 gpa and 33R mcat....and he didnt get an interview at rosalind franklin till mid april!!....well nonetheless he got in :D

wisteria

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
wyzeguy said:
I have no interviews and I have been on hold at four schools for almost 3 months now. Someone gimme some similar stories with happy endings. PLEASE!!!!!
I was on hold at GW and Tulane until late Jan/early Feb. I applied in sept/oct. A close friend who is a MSII at GW wrote me a rec letter and I got invited for an interview in late jan (I was in that Dec batch of hold letters) and into an interview slot on Feb 7. I also wrote 2 update letters in dec and jan to all schools i applied to. And then I was also on hold at Tulane since late last year and I sent a couple of update letters and received an interview offer Feb 7 for April something.

And then I might have been on hold at Drexel (not sure bc they just said my file was under review for like 6 months but maybe this is the same thing?) and a good friend there who is MSI wrote me a rec letter and I got an interview there a week late in Feb.

Take home message: DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP YOUR FILE ACTIVE - update letters and additional recs (especially from current med school students).

good luck.