******Official Jan 2007 Score Release thread*******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those who took the exam in January:

This is the official score release thread for the January 2006 MCAT. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well. Post any random musings in the Official January 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread so that we can keep this one uncluttered.

Also, I will be starting two threads for you to post "what are my chances" in pre-allo and pre-osteo. Please use this thread as all other threads will be merged into the one thread.

This also serves as a warning to remind you guys fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All. I guess I'll be the first to post:
Score 39 T
Bio 14
PS: 13
V: 12

I'm in a little shock at the moment as I only studied for a couple of weeks during winter break (I'm in a BA/MD program, so the score really doesn't matter).

Score 36Q
PS-13
VR-10
BS-13

I wish I had scored higher on the writing sample, but I'm not really complaining with a 36! Matched my highest practice test score, so I'm very happy.

I guess I'll be the first downer...

PS- 8
V-11
BS-10

29O isn't terrible, but no where near what I was scoring on my practices (36's)

ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have checked scores already:

What are the percentage breakdowns (#correct/total number of questions) for each section? I don't know if I will check my score before an exam on Friday.

Congratulations to all of you guys!!!

V- 11
P- 11
B- 10
WS- Q

32Q Total...

I'm actually surprised I got a higher physical sciences than biological sciences score. I guess I was either really lucky, or everyone else didn't like the physical sciences section either. :oops:

V- 11
P- 11
B- 10
WS- Q

32Q Total...

I'm actually surprised I got a higher physical sciences than biological sciences score. I guess I was either really lucky, or everyone else didn't like the physical sciences section either. :oops:

Same thing happened to me with the August MCAT. I scored 2 points higher in PS than in BS and 2 points higher on the real PS section than on any other practice MCAT PS section. Pleasant surprise though! Congrats!

V - 14
P - 13
W - M
B - 10

total - 37M

I'm pretty happy with it. I'm confused about the M though. I got a 14 on the verbal. You'd think the two essays I wrote would consititute more than an M. I shall write to the AAMC though.

Congrats to all that are happy now, sorry to all that are not, and good luck to those cowards still afraid to check.

V - 14
P - 13
W - M
B - 10

total - 37M

I'm pretty happy with it. I'm confused about the M though. I got a 14 on the verbal. You'd think the two essays I wrote would consititute more than an M. I shall write to the AAMC though.

Congrats to all that are happy now, sorry to all that are not, and good luck to those cowards still afraid to check.

Writing score doesn't matter. I highly doubt it will affect your chances anywhere (unless you're in Canada) with a verbal score that awesome - congrats!

V - 14
P - 13
W - M
B - 10

total - 37M

Almost every medical school will completely ignore the M you received. Unless the written essay score is really low or really high will it make a difference in the application process. Take the 37 and run with it! Congratulations! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
34 R

v: 10
PS: 12
BS: 12

Little unhappy with the verbal score. In my case - will the R help?

PS- 11
VS- 11
BS- 10

Writing sample - K

The writing sample is really low, and I think it's because the messed up verbal passage really threw me off. Fortunately, I'm a history minor so I have loads of writing classes to say "Look. I got an A in this class. I really can write."

34 R

v: 10
PS: 12

Little unhappy with the verbal score. In my case - will the R help?

I think a good verbal score can help a poor writing sample but unfortunately not the other way around. Don't be disheartened! You have a more than acceptable verbal score - a 34R is competitive at just about any medical school in the country. In fact, I think very few schools have averages higher than that.

PS - 9
VS - 10
BS - 12
W - Q

Little upset with my score as I have done better but not really sure if it's worth taking the torture ... I mean exam,again. Expected the PS score but thought I would have at least +1 more in VS and BS

I think a good verbal score can help a poor writing sample but unfortunately not the other way around. Don't be disheartened! You have a more than acceptable verbal score - a 34R is competitive at just about any medical school in the country. In fact, I think very few schools have averages higher than that.

Thanks J-weezy :)

PS= 9
VS= 11
BS= 14

34N

OK not sure how I did that, my PS is was my best on every single practice test. I was expecting about a 33 but more even. How much do you guys think the 9 hurts? Thanks guys and congrats.

36Q- 12 on every section. I can't believe the VR worked out after the messed up passage.

31O
VR-9
BS-11
PS-11

I was scoring so much higher on practice test...think I may have freaked out on the real thing. =(

Do I re-take it?

Wash U is the only school that has averages higher than that... and they are number ******.... harvard, UCSF, michigan, and all the other elites have average scores of 34. :thumbup: you did great :clap:

VR - 12
PS - 14
BS - 14

Writ. - Q

40Q

wow I am glad this whole process is over after having voided august's test since I couldn't finish in time.

Wash U is the only school that has averages higher than that... and they are number ******.... harvard, UCSF, michigan, and all the other elites have average scores of 34. :thumbup: you did great :clap:

Thanks UMP :) I really appreciate the encouragement!

Good :luck: to everyone getting scores back and applying this year!

ChemE, you seem to be my score twin with the same form of the test (with that verbal screw-up).

PS-14
VR-11
BS-12
WS-O
37O

It was a retake for me and I did a lot better on PS (8->14). I went from a 13 to an 11 on VR, which I attribute to the glitch because of the timing issues it caused. But I'm very happy with the overall!!

V - 14
P - 13
W - M
B - 10

total - 37M

lol I got a 9 in verbal and an S on the writing sample...I'd MUCH rather be in your situation ;) I doubt they'll even glance twice at your M with that mcat score

I'm a 3rd time retaker and miracles do happen :)

first time: 32Q
second time: 30Q
this time: 36T

PS: 13
VR: 11
Writing: T

I have a question, does the AAMC still mail MCAT reports to home addresses? Because I think I have an outdated home address and I need to update it.

PS-11
VR-11
WS-K :scared:
BS-11

I didn't think my writing sample would be so atrocious, but I am happy with the 33. How much should I worry?

1st time (with 3 month TPR course): 29R
This time (with 1 month studying on own):
PS - 13
BS - 11
VR - 10
WS - O
34O

Very pleased!

ChemE, you seem to be my score twin with the same form of the test (with that verbal screw-up).

PS-14
VR-11
BS-12
WS-O
37O

It was a retake for me and I did a lot better on PS (8->14). I went from a 13 to an 11 on VR, which I attribute to the glitch because of the timing issues it caused. But I'm very happy with the overall!!

Sweet! Congrats and goodluck to everyone applying in the next cycle!

I guess I'll be the first to post a loser score...(tears)

21R
Phys 6
Ver 7
Bio 8
Wr R

I don't know what happened. I took the Kaplan course, and I was scoring between 30 to 35 on my full lengths. For my last two full lengths, I had 10 to 12 in all sections. :( What should I do.....

Congrats to everyone on here.

Wisguy,

In response to the question on your profile, there are lots of ideas of things you could do:

1. if you are interested in research you could do the NIH IRTA program or get a job in a research facility for a year.
2. If you want to travel, you could do medical mission trips if you can afford them. You could also do something like teach abroad or even a study abroad session though that might be insane with interviews and stuff.
3. EMT is a good idea if what you want is more clinical experience. At any rate, I think its up to you to decide what you want to do more....gain clinical exposure or more research exposure or study more.

Some people do a masters in public health or a one year masters program in a hard science like pharmacology. You could consider that as well. But I'd personally either do something clinical or research oriented rather then more school if I was in your position.

Thanks for the input, Guju. I'm inclined to agree with you. I'd like to get more clinical exposure, but with my lack of experience I don't think I could find a job that will pay the bills. I'll be limited to more shadowing/volunteering since I'm "financially independent" and really need to make more than the $8/hr you get for most unskilled hospital jobs. I've applied for the IRTA and a fellowship with the Emerging Infectious Diseases branch of the CDC. I'd love to do a medical missions type thing, but I'll definitely be broke when I get back to the states in May so that probably wouldn't work out. Masters programs will probably be my backup at this point, since they cost a lot of money and my GPA is acceptable. I should probably update that part of my MDApps page. Thanks again.

PS - 9
VR - 10
BS - 12
WS - Q

31Q, should I retake? Is the 9 on the PS going to hurt as much as I think it will?

V- 11
P- 11
B- 10
WS- Q

32Q Total...

very nice, well-rounded score!!!! :thumbup:

ps - 11
vr - 7 <<----Ugh verbal
ws - T
bs - 11

29T

Considering my practice tests were 34-37, I am obviously disappointed. Will anyone even look at my ws? Should I retake?

Thanks for your help