******Official Jan 2007 Score Release thread*******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those who took the exam in January:

This is the official score release thread for the January 2006 MCAT. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well. Post any random musings in the Official January 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread so that we can keep this one uncluttered.

Also, I will be starting two threads for you to post "what are my chances" in pre-allo and pre-osteo. Please use this thread as all other threads will be merged into the one thread.

This also serves as a warning to remind you guys fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot agree more...thank god someone finally speaks what's on my mind...but when I put myself from the perspective of those who got 30+, I absolutely can fathom their desires...I mean who doesn't want to get richer when you're rich already? For me I'll be in AUS suntanning by the gorgeous beaches or bungee-jumping off the mountains in NZ if I got even a 30...personally, it doesn't matter where I go, it's how I turn out to be after where I go that matters...u get my point

glad to see the first reply to my thoughts was not backlash! not that anyone could succeed in this field if they required their hand to be held through the process, but it feels somewhat comforting knowing others sit at this level of the totem pole. (and i know there are many many of you out there, but posting one's defeat is not always the greatest boost for the self-esteem!!)

So, I have to ask this question...

The girl that occupies the lab bench next to mine in my Orgo II lab swears that someone she knows knows someone who scored a 45 either during this last test administration or recently and was from NIU (Northern Illinois U).

I told her someone was embellishing their score and pulling her leg.

But, curiousity prompts me to ask if anyone else heard this rumor.

If this is not true, please respond. I so want to be the one to tell her! :smuggrin:

So, I have to ask this question...

The girl that occupies the lab bench next to mine in my Orgo II lab swears that someone she knows knows someone who scored a 45 either during this last test administration or recently and was from NIU (Northern Illinois U).

I told her someone was embellishing their score and pulling her leg.

But, curiousity prompts me to ask if anyone else heard this rumor.

If this is not true, please respond. I so want to be the one to tell her! :smuggrin:

I'm pre-med at NIU, took the MCAT JAN 27th, and, trust me, no one from NIU will EVER score a 45 on the MCAT!

Anytime someone there scores a 30 it's big news!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pre-med at NIU, took the MCAT JAN 27th, and, trust me, no one from NIU will EVER score a 45 on the MCAT!

Anytime someone there scores a 30 it's big news!!!
:laugh:

Just goes to show, SDN is either full of liars or the world is just a much bigger place. :)

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you could post a link to where I can find the score distribution for the aamc CBT Jan 2007 exam. I wanted to see the distribution of the scores compared to the previous years.
Do you guys know if the % needed to get the same scores (when compared to the paper version of the exam) have increased with the CBT?
(ie do you now need a 85% to get an 11 on verbal where as before an 80% got you an 11).
Thanks
-Rohit

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you could post a link to where I can find the score distribution for the aamc CBT Jan 2007 exam. I wanted to see the distribution of the scores compared to the previous years.
Do you guys know if the % needed to get the same scores (when compared to the paper version of the exam) have increased with the CBT?
(ie do you now need a 85% to get an 11 on verbal where as before an 80% got you an 11).
Thanks
-Rohit
I dont think they ever had information like that where you find out how many questions you needed for each point.
But the official stats and bellcurves have not come out yet i believe.

Hey y'all, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this...I was wondering if you guys who wrote in January have received your scores by snail mail yet? I haven't, and I want to taped it to my bathroom mirror to motivate myself to study.

Hey y'all, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this...I was wondering if you guys who wrote in January have received your scores by snail mail yet? I haven't, and I want to taped it to my bathroom mirror to motivate myself to study.
nope not yet. But keep reading SDN for when it comes.

ps - 11
vr - 7 <<----Ugh verbal
ws - T
bs - 11

29T

Considering my practice tests were 34-37, I am obviously disappointed. Will anyone even look at my ws? Should I retake?

Thanks for your help

It will be tough, but you can get in with a 29. I think the T definitely helps. I got in with a 29P (same split) this year (2007). I was told by professors at my school (who are adcom members at the med school here) that the P would help me out.

Hay all; a newbie here, just wanted to say what a kickass forum!

Anyway, my scores are 12, 10, 10 = 32M. GPA = 3.6

I was one of the test takers who were bestowed with the mismatched verbal passage...If I give med schools the formal letter from AAMC explaining what happened with that whole mess, would they take it into positive consideration for my application?

Also, the 32 is pretty much what I've gotten on my highest AAMC CBT; but I do feel like I could do better if I studied a little more and did the 5 recently released AAMC CBT's. The M also bothers me because it's definitely lower than what I should have gotten on the essay. How much of a difference does the essay score make; I've heard a lot of premeds say that schools don't look at it?

Hay all; a newbie here, just wanted to say what a kickass forum!

Anyway, my scores are 12, 10, 10 = 32M. GPA = 3.6

I was one of the test takers who were bestowed with the mismatched verbal passage...If I give med schools the formal letter from AAMC explaining what happened with that whole mess, would they take it into positive consideration for my application?

Also, the 32 is pretty much what I've gotten on my highest AAMC CBT; but I do feel like I could do better if I studied a little more and did the 5 recently released AAMC CBT's. The M also bothers me because it's definitely lower than what I should have gotten on the essay. How much of a difference does the essay score make; I've heard a lot of premeds say that schools don't look at it?

I was in your situation last year.
I got 31M in Aug 06 and pretty bummed out about it. Ended up retaking it, but Writing Sample was definitely not the reason.

From what I heard (actually from my cousin who goes to UCSD Med, he got 38O for his MCAT), as long as you can prove that you can "write" in personal statement in apps. They don't really put heavy emphasis on your writing sample. I think you should be fine. Isn't 32 like 85percentile? that should be more than enough to make cutoff line in many top tier schools.

34S (PS: 11, VR: 09, BS: 14)

Not really sure how i pulled that one off; but I'm ecstatic!! One word of advice: don't let the MCAT mean everything. As hard as it is to actually implement this idea, it is only a test and you will do yourself a HUGE service by treating it as such. Getting nervous will lower your score - guaranteed. Good luck to all future takers.

Oh ya, and the CBT rocks my world. You're allowed to use earplugs. :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone and their scores. I know it's daunting posting your scores on here sometimes when the SDN population is so skewed that people with 35's are practically in tears and contemplating suicide.

By the way, what's the story on this "mismatched" verbal passage? I've taken a 3-4 month sabbatical (needed to deflate after the excitement of getting my August MCAT score back, and I've been real busy with work).

Congrats to everyone and their scores. I know it's daunting posting your scores on here sometimes when the SDN population is so skewed that people with 35's are practically in tears and contemplating suicide.

By the way, what's the story on this "mismatched" verbal passage? I've taken a 3-4 month sabbatical (needed to deflate after the excitement of getting my August MCAT score back, and I've been real busy with work).
We'll see later this year. I suppose having a thread in Pre-Allo with the mismatched verbal passage will pop up in the future.
My pre med advisor did tell me that my 8 in VR can be thought of as a 9 because of that mismatch but I am skeptical.

36M

10 V
14 P
12 B
M W

I'm more than a little surprised since a massive leak :eek: started flowing out of the ceiling a few feet away during the middle of my verbal section and then continued throughout the test dripping loudly into a bucket... :mad:

Whew! Study hard the first time. It's more than worth it. :luck:

We'll see later this year. I suppose having a thread in Pre-Allo with the mismatched verbal passage will pop up in the future.
My pre med advisor did tell me that my 8 in VR can be thought of as a 9 because of that mismatch but I am skeptical.

But why did people think this passage was "mismatched"?

Or was it that the topic of the passage was about mismatching?

Basically what I'm asking is, was this a passage that was unfairly scored/presented? I had never heard about this "mismatched" thing before so I really have no idea what people are talking about when they mention it.

There was a passage that was about one topic but had questions about another topic. I.e. they did not have the questions that were supposed to go along with that passage on the test. That is what they mean by mismatching.

Gotcha, thanks guju. I actually just spent like 30-40 minutes reading up on the two or three threads about the incident after a quick forum search.

I really feel for everyone who received the robotuna passage. I can't imagine being thrown that kind of curveball midway through such an unbelievably stressful test.

And new to the forum

I retook the test, and got VR: 13/ PS: 7 (yikes!) / BS: 10/ W: Q
In 2003, I got VR: 11 / PS: 8/ BS: 10/ W: Q. My science GPA is 3.78 or so, and overall GPA was about 3.4 (I had some low scores when I got my art degree. Sigh. I have been in college off and on for so long I had to enter in 80 courses, TWICE!! I applied to DO and MD schools. )

I started the application cycle late and only applied to 3 schools, and have only interviewed at one. Their committee is meeting today. Wish me luck.

Did anyone else have trouble saving their essays? I spent the second half of the test thinking I had turned in one blank essay. Sheesh! Sometimes there is an advantage to pen and paper.

Did anyone else have trouble saving their essays? I spent the second half of the test thinking I had turned in one blank essay. Sheesh! Sometimes there is an advantage to pen and paper.

Ha... no. I remember thinking my essays were so bad I wasn't all that concerned if they saved... :smuggrin:

Good stuff guys!! You massacred the january cbt....wish me good luck on the may one.!

Hey man, you're gonna do awesome. So awesome it's gonna be topps. I'm talkin' about the bees' knees. Give 'er hell.

I'd seen the prompt for both my essay before. It was so weird. I had never actually done them, I just recognized them immediately.

yeah i had seen both of my essay prompts before as well. My guess is that I'd already seen them in AAMC practice tests but its possible that i recognized them from a previous official MCAT.

Were we supposed to save the essay or does it submit whatever we have at the end when time is up? Please let me know i'm really worried. I just took the april 7th exam.

Edit: NVM found my answer :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=365516&highlight=save+essay+writing

:hardy:
P: 1
V: 2
B: 2

=5T

I am so happy with this score!! I can't wait for all my interview requests and acceptance letters to come pouring in!! I can't believe the 2 hours I spent reviewing material from ten years ago really helped my score.:thumbup: I'm a little shocked with the Verbal score, I was getting a 1 in my practice tests. I think I'm gonna work part-time as a MCAT tutor for extra income. Beat that score losers!! :smuggrin:

:hardy:
P: 1
V: 2
B: 2

=5T

I am so happy with this score!! I can't wait for all my interview requests and acceptance letters to come pouring in!! I can't believe the 2 hours I spent reviewing material from ten years ago really helped my score.:thumbup: I'm a little shocked with the Verbal score, I was getting a 1 in my practice tests. I think I'm gonna work part-time as a MCAT tutor for extra income. Beat that score losers!! :smuggrin:

I've never laughed so hard while surfing SDN! :D