Official Jefferson Medical College Class of 2010!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristy

BairesYarnCreation @ etsy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's early but I couldn't resist it :D Any future Jeffersonians out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Has anyone received their information packages? I feel like a nerd :laugh:

Hi again Tristy! I will join the class thread fun. Anyone else? :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
CruiseGrl7 said:
Hi again Tristy! I will join the class thread fun. Anyone else? :love:

Looks like we're the only 2 souls here (crickets in the background) ;)
Did you decide to go to Jefferson or are you still waiting on more schools?

Tristy said:
Looks like we're the only 2 souls here (crickets in the background) ;)
Did you decide to go to Jefferson or are you still waiting on more schools?

I am pretty certain I will be going to Jefferson. I absolutely loved it and felt so comfortable there. I do have other schools that I haven't heard from, but I probably would not even consider going to them over Jeff. I already sent in my housing application! How about you? Are you waiting on any others? :luck:

P.S.- Okay so I admit this is silly, but do you know if we have school colors? (maybe blue and white?) I have been wanting to get a Jefferson sweatshirt since I was accepted, and was thinking of just having one made since their online bookstore doesn't seem to sell any logo stuff. Or does anyone know if and where they sell school sweatshirts? Haha, can you tell I'm excited?! :p

CruiseGrl7 said:
P.S.- Okay so I admit this is silly, but do you know if we have school colors? (maybe blue and white?) I have been wanting to get a Jefferson sweatshirt since I was accepted, and was thinking of just having one made since their online bookstore doesn't seem to sell any logo stuff. Or does anyone know if and where they sell school sweatshirts? Haha, can you tell I'm excited?! :p

lol,I don't know about the school colors, but I do share your enthusiasm!I'm really really excited too :D I'm gonna be moving to an off-campus apartment (finding one is going to be interesting :rolleyes: ). BTW, you can find your Campus Key online and register for all the services--->get your [email protected], and browse the online collections, online books, etc, etc, etc :)

CruiseGrl7 said:

Pshhh...blue and white are reserved especially for Penn State ;)

No school colors and no mascot (yeah I know, exciting, huh?) But we do have sweatshirts at the bookstore. I guess they just don't sell them online, though. P.S. I love it here :thumbup:

Nittany Lion said:
Pshhh...blue and white are reserved especially for Penn State ;)

No school colors and no mascot (yeah I know, exciting, huh?) But we do have sweatshirts at the bookstore. I guess they just don't sell them online, though. P.S. I love it here :thumbup:

School colors are black and blue, mascot is the winged ox...but since there's really no undergrad college with sports teams, no one really cares. But then, we're in Philly...who needs college sports when you have the Eagles?

mules05 said:
School colors are black and blue, mascot is the winged ox...but since there's really no undergrad college with sports teams, no one really cares. But then, we're in Philly...who needs college sports when you have the Eagles?

Haha I must have missed them telling us that in orientation! (now the ox statue makes sense :idea: )

Nittany Lion said:
Haha I must have missed them telling us that in orientation! (now the ox statue makes sense :idea: )

I thought the winged ox was the dumbest mascot ever, but some upper year told me that it's the symbol for St. Luke or whoever is supposed to be the patron saint of medicine.

Jefferson is definitely highly ranked for me. Anyone know when the second look date is?

Also, for some reason my Jeffmail doesn't work, but mypulse does... anyone else having the same prob?

Members don't see this ad :)
bgreet said:
Also, for some reason my Jeffmail doesn't work, but mypulse does... anyone else having the same prob?

when you login into Pulse, you have to click on "Service request" or something like that and follow the instructions. IT will activate your e-mail and give you a call.

bgreet said:
Jefferson is definitely highly ranked for me. Anyone know when the second look date is?
Last year it was sometime in April (I think). I can't wait! :D

bgreet said:

Hi bgreet,
My JeffMail won't work either, even though I sent the IT people a service request. They still haven't fixed it, so no Jefferson e-mail address yet. :(
If you're able to get it fixed, let me know what you did!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Jeffersonians! :love:

CruiseGrl7 said:
Hi bgreet,
My JeffMail won't work either, even though I sent the IT people a service request. They still haven't fixed it, so no Jefferson e-mail address yet. :(
If you're able to get it fixed, let me know what you did!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Jeffersonians! :love:

I submitted one of those service request things and they activated it then called me. You have to change your password again in order to have it work. Hope that helps!

bgreet said:
I submitted one of those service request things and they activated it then called me. You have to change your password again in order to have it work. Hope that helps!

Thanks! They called this morning and set it up. So glad to be officially @jefferson.edu :). Are you still waiting on any other favorite schools, or are you also pretty certain you'll be at Jefferson? :luck:

CruiseGrl7 said:
Thanks! They called this morning and set it up. So glad to be officially @jefferson.edu :). Are you still waiting on any other favorite schools, or are you also pretty certain you'll be at Jefferson? :luck:

Still waiting on NYU. It's hard though, since Jefferson is also so much more expensive than my state schools.

bgreet said:
Still waiting on NYU. It's hard though, since Jefferson is also so much more expensive than my state schools.

I know what you mean. I'm also holding an acceptance at my state school, and it comes to about 1/3 the cost of Jefferson. I'm hoping financial aid will even out the costs, but it's probably wishful thinking. Good luck with NYU.

Congratulations guys!

If you're looking for off-campus housing, philadelphia.craigslist.org is a good place to start. I'm currently living off-campus, and tons of my friends live both on and off-campus. Luckily, Jefferson is in one of the best neighborhoods of Philadelphia, so you don't have to worry too much about the area.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. I was indecisive for a long time about where to go to school, but I haven't regretted my decision to come to Jefferson (yet) :) .

I got a holiday letter in the mail a few days ago from Dean Callahan. Looks like our orientation is scheduled to begin July 31st! For those of us finishing college in the spring, we will surely have a shorter summer than usual. Our Class Thread seemed to be falling to the bottom, so I just wanted to bump it up again. Anyone else out there who wants to join the Jefferson 2010 celebration? :laugh:

CruiseGrl7 said:
I got a holiday letter in the mail a few days ago from Dean Callahan. Looks like our orientation is scheduled to begin July 31st! For those of us finishing college in the spring, we will surely have a shorter summer than usual. Our Class Thread seemed to be falling to the bottom, so I just wanted to bump it up again. Anyone else out there who wants to join the Jefferson 2010 celebration? :laugh:

You get the housing letter too?

bgreet said:
You get the housing letter too?

No, just the calendar with the holiday letter. Did you get different things? I haven't actually received anything from them between my acceptance card and this letter. How about you?

I got a big letter and a small letter both on the same day. The big letter contained the housing information (and from the looks of it was sent to everyone that applied) and the small letter was the seasons greetings card that I believe was only sent to accepted students.

bgreet said:
I got a big letter and a small letter both on the same day. The big letter contained the housing information (and from the looks of it was sent to everyone that applied) and the small letter was the seasons greetings card that I believe was only sent to accepted students.

Hmmm...nothing on housing came. Maybe because I had sent in the form from the website already they didn't bother sending me one? Did it have anything important except the application you can download from the site? Thanks :love:

hi yall,

so when you were accepted to jefferson, what time did they call? and how long after your interview were you accepted?

Was the first interview group (i think in early october) was accepted sometime in late october.

mdgirl2006 said:
hi yall,

so when you were accepted to jefferson, what time did they call? and how long after your interview were you accepted?

I was part of the interview group in early Novemeber and was accepted early November. You will get a phone call from the Dean, I think they do that for everyone.
Good luck

NunoBR said:
I was part of the interview group in early Novemeber and was accepted early November. You will get a phone call from the Dean, I think they do that for everyone.
Good luck

Sorry TYPO. I was accepted late november probably about 2-3 weeks later

I'm most likely going to Jefferson too! Yay!

I forget who was asking about when people got their acceptances, but I got the phone call at about 4:30 2 weeks after my interview.

I didn't realize that we could log into the system and everything. Are those of you who are signing up for the campus key and e-mail positive you're going to Jefferson? I'm almost positive I'm going to go there and would like to be able to use the key.

Hope you all had great holidays!

Hey guys,
Does anybody know if by any chance Jeff notifies us if we are missing any of the pre-reqs? I'm just being paranoid because most of the Bio classes I took in a foreign school (but were transfered to my U.S. school), and also because I don't have a second organic chem lab. I have these nightmares that when I go to matriculate they tell me I can't because I need such or such class! Any insights or am I just being obsessive? :oops:

hey y'all, just thought i'd introduce myself and share in the excitement with my future Jeffersonian classmates. My name is Arun. I'm currently finishing up my masters (at Jeff actually). So if you have any questions bout housing, parking, etc. I'd be more than happy to help as best i can. Anyways, can't wait to meet everyone in August. If any of you are in the area (for second look or whatever) make sure to give me a holler. Congrads!!

I've just received a call from Dr. Callahan yesterday, i"m very excited, does anyone know how long it takes before you receive the information package?

hey y'all, just thought i'd introduce myself and share in the excitement with my future Jeffersonian classmates. My name is Arun. I'm currently finishing up my masters (at Jeff actually). So if you have any questions bout housing, parking, etc. I'd be more than happy to help as best i can. Anyways, can't wait to meet everyone in August. If any of you are in the area (for second look or whatever) make sure to give me a holler. Congrads!!

how do you like Jefferson? any advices for us, who are out-of-state students about housing,...?

Hi everyone,
Just got accepted today and I'm still in shock I think. I will definitely be attending JMC in the fall. My name's Robert and it's a real pleasure to be a part of this thread. I went to UNC for undergrad and took a (forced) year off and basically took it easy...but i didn't tell the med schools that of course (I was a re-applicant). Can't imagine a school that fits me better than Jefferson and I'm a big fan of philly. I've been up to visit Jefferson several times now and i know a bit about philly so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to help. Anyone know how much a 1-bedroom costs vs. the dorms? I'd really rather have my own apartment than live in a dorm but i'm not sure how much difference in cost there is b/w the two. Thanks!

JMC2010 said:
Hi everyone,
Just got accepted today and I'm still in shock I think. I will definitely be attending JMC in the fall. My name's Robert and it's a real pleasure to be a part of this thread. I went to UNC for undergrad and took a (forced) year off and basically took it easy...but i didn't tell the med schools that of course (I was a re-applicant). Can't imagine a school that fits me better than Jefferson and I'm a big fan of philly. I've been up to visit Jefferson several times now and i know a bit about philly so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to help. Anyone know how much a 1-bedroom costs vs. the dorms? I'd really rather have my own apartment than live in a dorm but i'm not sure how much difference in cost there is b/w the two. Thanks!

HI everyone,

it's so nice to see you here, RObert. let's keep this thread active to show JEFF's spirit, ok? we can use this thread to get to know our future classmates better. let's me start first.

My name is Kim and I'm from Washington.

JMC2010 said:
Hi everyone,

Hi JMC2010,
Congrads! Just wondering...when was your interview date? It's been a long while since my interview, and haven't heard anything since. Did anyone else have to wait for more than a month?

Hi Jeffhope,
My interview was on January 18th and I was lucky enough to hear the following wednesday. Don't lose hope though, Jeff accepts around 400-some students to fill their large class. It's strange that you've waited so long since they pride themselves on their efficiency. I would call if I were you. They told us that we should hear SOMETHING within 2-3 weeks. Also, if they tell you that you are on hold or something I would try to demonstrate your continued interest by either emailing Dr. Callahan or writing a letter describing things you've done to improve your application or something along those lines.

Hello all!
I was reading this thread and wanted to join in on the fun! My name is Jenn and I too will be going to Jeff in the fall. Do any of you know anything about the frats that we can live in? I think it would be kinda fun to live with a bunch of people. Anyways, can't wait to meet all of you! :D

fishnchips said:
Hello all!
I was reading this thread and wanted to join in on the fun! My name is Jenn and I too will be going to Jeff in the fall. Do any of you know anything about the frats that we can live in? I think it would be kinda fun to live with a bunch of people. Anyways, can't wait to meet all of you! :D

Hi Jenn, welcome to this thread. Did you receive the housing information package yet? I'm in the process of choosing a place to live next year. The cheapest place is to live in the fraternity house with other 16 medical students, but i heard that you won't be able to move in until spring semester, I wonder if it is true. what kind of housing options did you guys choose?

aspiringdoctor said:
how do you like Jefferson? any advices for us, who are out-of-state students about housing,...?

Hey you all,

I'm a second year at Jeff and loving it. If you're new to Philadelphia I suggest you live on campus (Jefferson has several options) for at least a year...you'll find it much easier to make friends, form study groups etc (at least that's how i felt)

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to help! :)

Does anyone know If Jefferson is fully macintosh compatible? I'm trying to decide between two schools, and that's what it all comes down to. :laugh:

Seriously though, not all schools are. Any current Jeff students out there?

Current 2nd year here. Just dropping in between board studying.

Mac is fine. In fact I recommend it.

Hope to see you all in the fall.

thatguyagain said:
Does anyone know If Jefferson is fully macintosh compatible? I'm trying to decide between two schools, and that's what it all comes down to. :laugh:

Seriously though, not all schools are. Any current Jeff students out there?

mules05 said:

But we've got a hell of a soccer team. We kick it in the med/grad school league. Will I see any of you on the field next year?

Hey, since med students are checking this thread -- anybody know about Jeff's deferral policy?

Hello! I'm having an incredibly difficult time deciding between Jefferson and Loyola, so I thought this might be a good place to get some input. Why should I choose Jefferson over Loyola???...I'm assuming you'll all tell me to pick Jefferson, right?!?!?

Supadupafly said:
Current 2nd year here. Just dropping in between board studying.

Mac is fine. In fact I recommend it.

Hope to see you all in the fall.

That is very cool. It was a close call, but now I can go to Jeff without any reservations. See you then.

Jeff 1st year here! I'm definitely loving it as well! PM me if you have any questions regarding anything and I'll try my best to help! I noticed a lot of people talking down on our school in the premed forum so I'm glad to see a bunch of you interested. Its definitely a great school with lots of fun, nice people so I'm not really sure where all those other people got their info. :p So again, feel free to PM me with questions or just post them!!! Congrats and welcome to Jefferson!!!! :D

Is anybody going to the financial aid session next Friday? I'm considering going.