Official Jefferson Medical College Class of 2010!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratultions on getting in guys! I'm a first year at Jeff now and I also live in the coed medical fraternity house. Girls, want to live there too? Second look will be one of your chances to see the house, meet those of us that live there, and let us know if you're interested in living there next year.

We live on Clinton St. between 10th and 11th which is about 3 blocks from campus, 3 blocks from grocery stores/south st., and not far from pretty much anywhere you'd want to go in center city. This house is the only coed frat on campus, there are 4 other all male frats. Everyone just calls us the coed, but the official name is Phi Delta Epsilon (PDE). Frats at the med school aren't really like undergrad frats. Everyone's really respectful of exams and such, at least in this house. Our house in particular is a lot more like a group of friends living together than any kind of organized social club. We have house meetings, and house dinner occasionally, but everyone's generally very chill about being a frat. Next year the make up of the house will be 4 guys and 7 gals - 3 2nd yrs, 2 3rd yrs, 4 4th yrs, and 2 new 1st yr gals. There are 11 people in the house in 10 bedrooms, one of them, my current room and potentially your room next year is a double. The bright side is that the double is only for first years, you're guaranteed a nice sized single for the rest of your time here. Yeah, it sucks to share a room when you're used to having your own space and you're firmly in your early/mid 20's, but honestly, if I have to share a room I'd want to share this one. It's larger than my entire studio apartment was last year, there's a loft for one of the beds, and some great built in desks underneath the loft. The way my roommate and I have it divided up is like we each have our own little "bedroom" spaces and there's enough left over for a good sized living/common room with a couch and recliner. We share a bathroom with another gal and each of our rooms has direct access to the bathroom. The house itself has a large common living room, kitchen, rooftop deck, basement/rec room, and laundry room. Rent includes all utilities, cable, internet, beer from the kegerator, and cleaning supplies/TP/paper towels etc. Every year you can use up to one months rent to do a room/house improvement project which can be pretty much anything as long as it stays with the house/room when you move. The best part of all is that your monthly rent for this double is less than $200/month. For a 2bdrm/1 bath apartment in the campus housing you'll pay $650/month and it doesn't include all the perks included with our house. The boys from the other frats and we have planned to have a "rush" day Friday evening of second look weekend, which is April 21st. All it is is an opportunity for you all to see the house and for us to meet each of you and figure out who would work best for the house. If you can't make that date we can work something out so that you can see the place/we can meet you. Let me know if any of you have any other questions!

Liz

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,
Do you think we should set a time and place to meet maybe on Thursday or Friday night (second look) after all the action to drink a few beers and get to know each other? I'm not terribly familiar with the area but I've been several times and I know there are some neat little bars around. I'm game for whatever. Maybe we could just meet at like 10 o'clock (or after the reception) on thursday in front of the library and find a place we like. Wouldn't it be great to show up a little hungover to all the planned activities the next day?

Robert

Does everyone know where they are staying yet? 2nd years have an exam friday and I email someone on the host list who said he has finals next week? Any suggestions about where to stay.

PS Drinks sound good thursday night!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi again, just to clarify, we (and the other all male frats, if you boys want contact info to them let me know, I'll put you in touch!) will be having more of an open house Friday evening following the end of your second look events than an actual rush day. We'll find a common place for you to meet up with us on campus then we'll all walk over to the house(s). We don't usually do this so early, being you all are still deciding where you want to be next year, but we thought it would be nice to offer a chance to the people who don't live in the area to be able to see the houses without having to spend a ton of money on an additional flight if they'll already be here for second look.

Like Dr_frank found out, this is really bad timing for us. We first years have two cumulative finals the following week, one of them on Monday. However, there's typically a party, put on by one of the guy frats, following second look. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'll keep you all posted.

Boys, if you're still in need of lodging, try one of the frats - they've got space and are usually very willing to host. Gals, I've got enough couch space for at least 4 of you, so let me know if I can help!

Liz

Hey guys, for those of you that have applied for finaid, the awards are showing in the pulse website!

Hey Tristy! I just checked mine and no info on financial aid has appeared yet. Did yours just show up in the Banner login for financial aid? At least I know they've started figuring it out, if yours is up! Hope you did well :)

CruiseGrl7 said:
Hey Tristy! I just checked mine and no info on financial aid has appeared yet. Did yours just show up in the Banner login for financial aid? At least I know they've started figuring it out, if yours is up! Hope you did well :)

Mine appeared today, and yes, in the banner login, it shows up in the award history. I got some scholarship money (not too much in the grand scheme of things) and some LDS and institutional loans. The award was short like 2000$ from their estimated COA. I'm new to all this finaid thing so I'm a little lost. Is there a way to appeal to get more scholarship money and/or come up with those last $2000? I'm not greedy though, but my parents are old and I wonder if they take this into consideration. Also, how do we accept their package? Any advice? Thanks!

tristy, how long ago were you complete on all your application forms?

ps... thanks! you are always on top of things!

DNAroolez said:
tristy, how long ago were you complete on all your application forms?

ps... thanks! you are always on top of things!

No problem! :D , I had everything in by March 1st

How long did it take everyone to have access to banner after they were accepted?

if you still don't have access to banner, you can email the tech guy. Sometimes there's a gliche and they have to activate your account for you.

Also, does anyone know if orlowitz/barringer tenants have to pay for utilities?

uhohspaghettios said:
if you still don't have access to banner, you can email the tech guy. Sometimes there's a gliche and they have to activate your account for you.

Also, does anyone know if orlowitz/barringer tenants have to pay for utilities?
orlowitz and barringer apartments don't include utilities. At least not electric. Maybe Gas and Water, but I'm not sure. No free cable, only the sketchy campus wireless internet

krebse said:
orlowitz and barringer apartments don't include utilities. At least not electric. Maybe Gas and Water, but I'm not sure. No free cable, only the sketchy campus wireless internet

Doesnt sound like campus housig is the outstanding facility they made it out to be. Is it worth it to look for off campse alternatives and roommates at the second look (I was planning on living in one of those two next year)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr_Frank_II said:
Doesnt sound like campus housig is the outstanding facility they made it out to be. Is it worth it to look for off campse alternatives and roommates at the second look (I was planning on living in one of those two next year)? Thanks!
I'm biased, but I don't think campus housing is that great a deal. Granted, it is the cheapest rent you'll find for a place in that condition (new appliances, etc) but they have no character. They're really small for two people and you feel like you live in a dorm. On the plus side, they have a great first year social scene, particularly in the fall. I was jealous of that a few times, but overall, I'm really happy being a few blocks away from campus. I know several people that are paying comparable rent at places that are just as good. check out craigslist if you're looking

krebse said:

When I visited, I stayed in Barringer. My host said that they have to pay for electric and cable (if you want it), but that's it.

Has anyone besides Tristy been able to access their financial aid info through the Banner website? I checked again tonight-- still nothing. Thanks :love:

Just thought I'd post the latest info on Fin Aid. I called them this morning and apparently there is only one person handling the fin aid apps for the entire first year entering class. They expect to get everything out by the end of April, but they aren't going through them in any particular order of receipt. The lady I spoke with said that the computer randomly prints out names and this is how they decide which file to work on next. :rolleyes: She couldn't give me any idea of when they would reach me since there's no real system to it. Kinda frustrating when you had everything in by their "early" deadline, but that's the latest info so I just thought I'd share that with everyone else who might still be waiting to hear from them. Good luck! :)

does anyone know the dress code for the events thurs and fri?

I had a question about the second look weekend. I was just out there for my interview, I really don't want to miss any more class, and this is the only school I have been accepted to, so yay, I'm definitely going to Jeff. Is the second look weekend mandatory, am I going to miss anything by not going?

Thanks

Hey

Who knows what the attire is for Friday?

:)

added: Also, maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't get this financial aid stuff. I sent in all my forms and everything. But it says I'm not complete because I don't have all the promissory notes and the entrance interview. I saw earlier there's a link for the entrance interview, but I don't really understand what we're supposed to do with that, or why they didn't provide me with a link or information (unless I really am stupid and I missed it). And I'm not comfortable signing up with lenders when I don't even know if I want to go to Jefferson. I don't think that's right. All the other schools tell you your award just from your FAFSA and any additional forms. Plus they want a signed copy of my parents' tax return and my tax return, which most schools don't require until later. Is it just me, or is this unnecessarily complicated? They never explicitly ask for these things, like there's no letter or email saying please send these things to this address. And once again, I am not comfortable signing up with a lender before I even decide on the school. Does this mean I won't get any financial aid information until I do this? And at this point, isn't it late in the game? I completed my FAFSA and all other forms in early February, but I haven't really been available to do these things since then, and now it seems I won't have much of a chance for scholarship money.

So I'm not sure if it's just me, but Jefferson's financial aid process is bothering me. If the school runs like this in general (with not enough direction on what they need students to do for them), that's a bad sign. No other schools have been giving me any trouble at all.

uhohspaghettios said:
does anyone know the dress code for the events thurs and fri?

I just called and spoke to someone in the admissions office. He said that the dress is "casual, but no jeans" - hope this helps!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all soon!

tigress said:
But it says I'm not complete because I don't have all the promissory notes and the entrance interview. .

Where did you see that you werent complete?

you can check your financial aid requirements on banner... when i check mine it says the only unsatisfied student requirement i have is the fafsa need analysis report (from processing center)
what does that mean? anyone have the same thing? i think it just means i have handed in everything but they are still processing it... but i just want to make sure

tigress said:
Hey

So I'm not sure if it's just me, but Jefferson's financial aid process is bothering me. If the school runs like this in general (with not enough direction on what they need students to do for them), that's a bad sign. No other schools have been giving me any trouble at all.

I dunno, Tigress. They sent me a book on financial aid and I can check my status online. Things are running pretty smoothly on my end. If you don't want to sign up with a lender, I would call the financial aid office and ask what they recommend.

DNAroolez said:
you can check your financial aid requirements on banner... when i check mine it says the only unsatisfied student requirement i have is the fafsa need analysis report (from processing center)
what does that mean? anyone have the same thing? i think it just means i have handed in everything but they are still processing it... but i just want to make sure

I had that same status (fafsa need analysis....) for a while. It just means that Jeff is waiting on FAFSA to send over your information. Nothing you should worry about unless it stays up there for a long time.

Dr_Frank_II said:
Where did you see that you werent complete?

Dr. Frank,
You have to log into Pulse on the Jeff website. Go under "banner", click on JMC, and then "financial aid". There you can check your status and also find your way to the entrance interview and the master promissory note, etc.

JMC2010 said:
I dunno, Tigress. They sent me a book on financial aid and I can check my status online. Things are running pretty smoothly on my end. If you don't want to sign up with a lender, I would call the financial aid office and ask what they recommend.

I have the booklet, too. I just think all the stuff with the entrance interview (which I don't understand why is called "federally required," since Jeff is the only school that's asked for it, but that's not my issue here) and signing up with a lender hasn't been explained adequately. I tend to be on top of these things and get everything done early, and Jefferson is the only school I'm having any trouble with. I've already gotten my award letters from the other schools.

In any case I'm requesting a deferral for a year, whichever school I end up deciding on, so the financial aid stuff isn't of utmost importance. I was hoping to be able to compare the award packages when making my decision, but if that isn't an option so be it.

I'll be there on Friday so I'll see whoever else is there. :)

tigress said:
Hey

Who knows what the attire is for Friday?

:)

added: Also, maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't get this financial aid stuff. I sent in all my forms and everything. But it says I'm not complete because I don't have all the promissory notes and the entrance interview. I saw earlier there's a link for the entrance interview, but I don't really understand what we're supposed to do with that, or why they didn't provide me with a link or information (unless I really am stupid and I missed it). And I'm not comfortable signing up with lenders when I don't even know if I want to go to Jefferson. I don't think that's right. All the other schools tell you your award just from your FAFSA and any additional forms. Plus they want a signed copy of my parents' tax return and my tax return, which most schools don't require until later. Is it just me, or is this unnecessarily complicated? They never explicitly ask for these things, like there's no letter or email saying please send these things to this address. And once again, I am not comfortable signing up with a lender before I even decide on the school. Does this mean I won't get any financial aid information until I do this? And at this point, isn't it late in the game? I completed my FAFSA and all other forms in early February, but I haven't really been available to do these things since then, and now it seems I won't have much of a chance for scholarship money.

Jeff's financial aid is a HUGE pain in the A...ss

That's why I haven't finished it yet.

Even the website is difficult to navigate through.

hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone had made plans to hang out on thursday night. i think it'd be really awesome if a bunch of us wanted to get dinner or some drinks together. Some places really close by (11th and walnut) are moriarty's, irish pub, cosi, and new heaven chinese. just throwing some names out there, but I'm open to suggestions! Can't wait to meet y'all!!

ajs08 said:
hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone had made plans to hang out on thursday night. i think it'd be really awesome if a bunch of us wanted to get dinner or some drinks together. Some places really close by (11th and walnut) are moriarty's, irish pub, cosi, and new heaven chinese. just throwing some names out there, but I'm open to suggestions! Can't wait to meet y'all!!

I'd be down for Moriarty's after the function on Thursday night. It's easy to find and really close. I'll be there for sure.

JMC2010 said:
I'd be down for Moriarty's after the function on Thursday night. It's easy to find and really close. I'll be there for sure.

That sounds like fun - I'm in!

Do we maybe want to set some time to meet, or should we just assume that anyone who wants to go will make their way over at some point after the reception?

hey guys, congrats on being accepted to jefferson...its my first choice but im still waiting and kinda anxious about it... i was wondering, for those of you that were accepted, did you recieve a phone call, in addition to being a sent a letter, or did any of you guys just sent a letter w/o a phone call.... thank you..

danesh23 said:
hey guys, congrats on being accepted to jefferson...its my first choice but im still waiting and kinda anxious about it... i was wondering, for those of you that were accepted, did you recieve a phone call, in addition to being a sent a letter, or did any of you guys just sent a letter w/o a phone call.... thank you..

I received a phone call and letter. I dont know if you have done this, but if they are your top choice you should send them a letter doing that. I sent in a letter after my interview letting them know how much I liked it and that I would accept a position in their class if asked. I think this also helps if you end up being waitlisted. They want to make sure whoever they take off they take off the waitlist will attend. Good luck

I was just wondering how you guys felt about Jefferson after the revisit. I felt like the entering class wasn't diverse and the people certainly weren't as friendly as students I've met at other schools. I really need to be in Philadelphia for other reasons and I was hoping a current student at Jeff could reassure me about going there.

I agree the class didn't seem too diverse. There were some interesting people, though. I already knew the classes at Jeff weren't as diverse as I'd like. Overall I just don't know. I don't think the students are as friendly, either, but all of the faculty seem really gung-ho and nice. In general I didn't think the day was very useful. But for other reasons I'm now leaning towards attending Jefferson. I'm also very ambivalent though.

tigress said:
I agree the class didn't seem too diverse. There were some interesting people, though. I already knew the classes at Jeff weren't as diverse as I'd like. Overall I just don't know. I don't think the students are as friendly, either, but all of the faculty seem really gung-ho and nice. In general I didn't think the day was very useful. But for other reasons I'm now leaning towards attending Jefferson. I'm also very ambivalent though.

Is Jefferson even trying to make its student body more diverse? I feel like since it's in the middle of a major city, this shouldn't be very hard if they truly wanted to do something about it.

Can I ask why you're now leaning towards Jefferson?

uhohspaghettios said:
Is Jefferson even trying to make its student body more diverse? I feel like since it's in the middle of a major city, this shouldn't be very hard if they truly wanted to do something about it.

Can I ask why you're now leaning towards Jefferson?

I feel like this is a strange thing to worry about. There were around 120 folks at second look...assuming 70-80% of the people that went to second look attend jeff in the fall, that leaves over a hundred people that you haven't seen. Maybe those people are all black or brown or purple, or whatever. Something tells me Jeff admissions don't ignore diversity as a factor in choosing a class. I don't know how you judge how diverse the class is, but just looking around I saw quite a few ethnicities. Is that dense of me? probably. As far as people being friendly...did you go to moriarty's?

JMC2010, it seems like you're getting really defensive here. We aren't bashing the school, we're trying to analyze how much we like it. And no, I don't think Jefferson has a particularly diverse class, not just based on who was at the second look, but also on the current classes. Compare to Drexel, for example. And I'm not just talking racial diversity, either. Most of the people I met seemed to have somewhat similar backgrounds. Oh, and I did not go to Moriarty's, nor do I intend to go out to bars with fellow students when I'm in school. That's not how I'm judging friendliness, because it doesn't really apply to me. I felt like the student who gave our tour, for example, was full of himself and just not particularly nice. And from what I could tell, there aren't many married students or students with families.

uhohspaghettios, I'm deciding between Drexel and Jefferson. I like the feel of Drexel better, and I like the people more. But Jefferson's hospital system is great, and it may offer me more options than Drexel would. Plus, there are other personal reasons that I can't really get into. Oh, and I can get to Jeff by train, so we wouldn't have to buy another car.

Either way I'll be deferring a year, so I won't be in y'alls class. :)

Yikes! I don't mean to sound defensive about Jeff. It's certainly not my attempt to convince you to like Jeff. But I am happy to be going there! I just felt like pointing out my interpretation of second look for others that might be reading this and interested in Jeff so they get a second opinion on diversity and such at jeff. And I think you might have read too much into my moriarty's comment. I'm certainly not saying that going to bars is the only way to judge friendliness or make some sort of statement on alcohol or whatnot. Just that it was fun and the people were friendly and i made new friends which was cool. Shout out to dr. frank, ajs and the marmot!

One love,
rk

Hey everyone
I'm a first year here at Jeff now, so I figured I'd offer my input into the recent discussion. For those of you who didn't make it out to either Moriarity's or Las Vegas Lounge or any of the other nearby hangouts, it was a really good time where all the incoming students got to hang out and get to know their future classmates. I thought that another impressive thing about Jeff was how many other current students were out. For those of you who aren't aware of this yet, the second years just finished a big exam, and the first years have our Physio, Histo, and Medical Practice finals all this week. Yet there were still a bunch of students out to meet and greet with everyone to talk about Jeff and get to know everyone.
If the students didn't seem friendly during the day or on your tour, I really apologize on behalf of Jeff. That's definitely not the norm here, and I'm hoping that you may have just caught someone at a bad moment when they were stressed about all these tests. Overall the students are really laid back and friendly, and those of you from the Class of 2010 seem to be the same way, which is really good to see.
As far as diversity goes, we're definitely not as racially diverse as the school would like to be. However, it isn't for lack of trying. Jeff has many recruitment programs aimed at underrepresented minority students, and is constantly reexamining ways to increase this diversity. We also take part in a lecture series focusing on racism and diversity in medicine during our first year as part of the medical practice class, and at least this year, a major discussion focused on the diversity of our class. During this discussion however, most students agreed that while not racially or ethnically diverse, the group is extremely diverse in other aspects. We have students of all ages, undergrad backgrounds, and from all across the country. We have students who have lived in various countries, who have worked for a few years in other health fields, or who have been in completely different fields altogether.
I hope this helped shed some light on some of the discussion, although it may be my biased opinion :) If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post them here or PM me with any specifics. Time to get sleep before this first round of tests starts in 6 hours...

Congrats on the acceptances!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your acceptances. I am a fourth year (although not for long!) at Jeff. I have posted about Jefferson in the past, and just wanted to offer again to answer any questions you might have. I agree with the poster above that while the classes are perhaps not as ethnically diverse as the administration would like, they are really trying to amend the situation. I guess it is a bit harder than we all might think. But the office of diversity affairs is also very interested in other kinds of diversity. We have many older students (the average age does not reflect this because the youngins in the Penn State program throw the curve), people with interesting former careers, people from all over the country, with international experiences, etc.

Jeff has exceeded my expectations in every way and I am extremely happy that I came here. However, no med school is for everyone. If you feel that you really dislike all the students you have met, maybe it isn't the place for you despite whatever other factors you are looking at. It is very important to be happy. You are going to have to find friends so that you can get through this very long and intense experience. The large class size is a plus, because there is likely a pocket of people who you will become amazingly good friends with. But if you come here with the mindset that you probably aren't going to like anyone here, it may become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions for me and I'll try my best to answer them. Congrats again for getting in! I think that everything pales in comparison to the med school application process. :) Well, probably not intern year--I'll know that soon enough!

Wednesday,
How do you feel about the way Jeff matches. I would really like to go into a pediatric subspecialty. I am open to change, and I know I need to go through rotations before I'll know for sure, but I was wondering, do you think Jeff matches well in pediatrics? It's so hard to tell from this side of the game! Thanks

Does anyone know what it means to be on the "high-priority" waitlist? And if so what are the chances of coming off of it. I appreciate any feedback. Thanx

karebearmd and Wednesday, thank you so much for your perspectives! It really is good to hear from some current students.

Actually, one of the presenters (the student who works with the mentors program) said something about how school is competitive. Thinking back on it, that was probably something that really turned me off.

Anyway, DNAroolez, have you seen this year's match list? It looks pretty good to me (as much as I feel able to evaluate a match list). I actually thought last year's wasn't as impressive in comparison to Drexel's, which surprised me, but this year's looks very good. Maybe I'm just looking at it differently now that I'm thinking I'll end up at Jeff :p

hey everyone. I just wanted to say how awesome it was meeting those of you who came last week. Second look definitely reaffirmed my happiness in choosing Jefferson.

Whether it was the 5-star reception on thursday, hangin out with future friends/classmates at moriarty’s and Pat’s or getting even more food at spring fling (props to rob a.k.a. social chair for dragging me), I know the next 4 years are going be a blast.

As for those of you still stressing yourselves out, just relax... I've got some answers to calm your concerns:

Match Lists: Jefferson has a great reputation (ehem...drexel doesn't even compare). So the school's reputation will help (especially with Jefferson alums working all over the country). But the bottom line is still - if you do well, you can match anywhere for any specialty.

Competitive Atmosphere: As far as competition, its pass-fail. NONE of the first and second years I know think of Jeff as a competitive school. If you know people older than that, be careful with their answers since they were not a part of the new grading system.

Lack of Diversity: You're going to be living in the center of a big city which has plenty! And if you're worried about the class diversity… you can just stare at me all day. I'll even bring some of my other minority friends so we can have a little United Nations thing going on!

VIVA LA JEFERSON CLASS of 2010!!

ajs08 said:
And if you're worried about the class diversity… you can just stare at me all day. I'll even bring some of my other minority friends so we can have a little United Nations thing going on!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For the record, my class (current MS4s) was the first class with the new grading system. Well, we have honors-pass-fail, with honors being a 90% with no curve. Which means that the entire class could honor a class if they all got 90% or above. Did the grading system change again to strict pass-fail since then? You guys probably know better than I do. Interestingly many of our instructors commented that our class was a particularly good class-polite, kind, calm, etc. We also did much better on the boards than previous classes (I think that trend has continued, but I'm not positive), which I always attributed to better students deciding to come because of the changed grading system. I believe that the competitive atmosphere "myth" is a hold over from the numerical grading system. I did not find a highly competitive atmosphere here.

As for matching well, yes, I think Jeff does match well. As many people on this board have said, it's very difficult to look at a match list and make accurate generalizations. People choose programs for different reasons and you will never know them unless you talk to every person who matched that year. Pediatrics is not usually a competitive match and I think we usually do very well. The top programs in any specialty are always hard but you would not be at a disadvantage coming from Jefferson (and we usually send one or more to CHOP, easy for away rotations, right here in Philly!). Not something to worry about. I know for a fact that residency programs in the area really love Jeff grads because we have great clinical training.

High priority waitlist-As far as I know, historically there is good waitlist movement. Definitely show your interest.

At least some of you guys here and in the other thread are "high priority"....I'm on the regular waitlist....I don't understand because I had great interviews at Jeff and I have interviewed at some other prestigious programs....I don't know..it makes you wonder about this process.

danesh23 said:
Does anyone know what it means to be on the "high-priority" waitlist? And if so what are the chances of coming off of it. I appreciate any feedback. Thanx

Hi everybody

I have been getting caught up on the musings of my future class mates. I too am from Philly and a PSU alumnus. As for the high priority wait list...I was placed on it back in February and just recently got a call from Dr. Callahan. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hello all,

I am for sure coming to Jeff next year! I was not able to be at the second look weekend, but it sounds like you guys are a good group! I am looking forward to meeting you guys.

When is everyone moving to philly?