*** Official Jefferson University Class of 2019***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinav

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!! fellow applicants!
I have applied to Jefferson Pharmacy school. They received my Pharmcas. But I didn't receive the supplemental link yet. Did anyone receive the supplemental?
Did anyone get an invite yet?
Please share stats

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone receive their interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard some ppl got their interview for this Saturday the 18th

Hello everyone my friend just had his interview on the 18th but I'm still waiting for my invitation

Still waiting for mine too

Just received supplemental today. Anyone knows how long it takes to get an interview after submitting supp?

I submitted my supplemental in September and still haven't received an interview

Did you get an email saying that all your application has been received? And it will be in the process of reviewing?

Yupp everything is received

Hmm no idea.. I just got an email for application completion today .. hopefully.i can get some feedback from them

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my supplemental last friday 10/17 and got the invitation to the interview last night 10/22. Good luck to everyone !

I submitted my supplemental last friday 10/17 and got the invitation to the interview last night 10/22. Good luck to everyone !
What's your stats?

PCAT 82%
Science GPA 3.33
Overall GPA 3.27
In addition volunteered for red cross and work experience.

what's your stats?
3.4 gpa
87 on pcat
Research and pharmacy experience

I don't know what's taking them so long on mine

I did my interview on the 18th and just got accepted today(24th)

Thank you lihyeonii and tinav
My science GPA was 3.52 and Overall was a 3.51
PCAT was a 76
I volunteered here and there (nothing to crazy)
and I an working as a Pharmaceutical chemist
The interview was only about 15 minutes long but the whole process of the interview(check in, tour, ect ) was about 2 hours

I had my interview on the 25th, and I just got the acceptance email today! So excited!

I had my interview on the 25th, and I just got the acceptance email today! So excited!
Nice, So was Jefferson your first choice? Whats your background if you don't mind me asking

Nice, So was Jefferson your first choice? Whats your background if you don't mind me asking

It wasn't my first choice, but it was in my top 3. I also have an interview at UNC Chapel Hill (which is my number 2 choice) Nov. 14th. My stats,
Sci/Overall GPA: 3.45
PCAT: 89
And a lot of work in medical offices and hospitals, as well as volunteer work.

It wasn't my first choice, but it was in my top 3. I also have an interview at UNC Chapel Hill (which is my number 2 choice) Nov. 14th. My stats,
Sci/Overall GPA: 3.45
PCAT: 89
And a lot of work in medical offices and hospitals, as well as volunteer work.

Very good! Thank you for answering, I wish you the best of luck.

Did my interview on the 15th and was accepted on the 20th :)

Did my interview on the 15th and was accepted on the 20th :)
Funny that this happened to me last year. I got accepted on the 20th last year. I am a P1 at Jefferson. Let me know if you guys have any questions

Reactions: 1 user
I love Jefferson! I'm also P1 right now and I will answer any questions that you guys might have about Jefferson :)

I interviewed on the 15th too and got accepted the 20th! I think I remember you, Stanglu. I'm so excited to be there next year :D

I love Jefferson! I'm also P1 right now and I will answer any questions that you guys might have about Jefferson :)

I just deposited for jefferson! ! I was accepted at jefferson and temple and was really hesitant on which to choose.
Can you tell me what the average for the exams are? Do people get As?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Funny that this happened to me last year. I got accepted on the 20th last year. I am a P1 at Jefferson. Let me know if you guys have any questions

I deposited for jefferson. Did you also interview at temple?

Posted using SDN Mobile

I deposited for jefferson. Did you also interview at temple?

Posted using SDN Mobile
I did interview for Temple. As for the exams and getting As. It's a simple equation really, you study hard, you get As. You don't study and you won't get As.
Be ready to have an exam every week, every Thursday to be more specific. You will be studying a lot.

I just deposited for jefferson! ! I was accepted at jefferson and temple and was really hesitant on which to choose.
Can you tell me what the average for the exams are? Do people get As?

Posted using SDN Mobile

I got an interview invite from Temple also, but I chose not to attend as soon as I got an acceptance from Jefferson. I don't regret my decision at all. Jefferson is the largest health system in Philly and there are so many opportunities available if you are especially interested in clinical aspect of pharmacy profession. However, like my P1 buddy said, Jefferson has a high standard for their pharmacy students, so keep in mind that you would need to study regularly in order to prepare exams every week especially if you want to get an A in the course. Also, class size is pretty smaller than other big pharmacy school like Temple (80ish vs 150ish), so you definitely have more interactions among class and you will be surprised how many people are willing to help you succeed.

I got an interview invite from Temple also, but I chose not to attend as soon as I got an acceptance from Jefferson. I don't regret my decision at all. Jefferson is the largest health system in Philly and there are so many opportunities available if you are especially interested in clinical aspect of pharmacy profession. However, like my P1 buddy said, Jefferson has a high standard for their pharmacy students, so keep in mind that you would need to study regularly in order to prepare exams every week especially if you want to get an A in the course. Also, class size is pretty smaller than other big pharmacy school like Temple (80ish vs 150ish), so you definitely have more interactions among class and you will be surprised how many people are willing to help you succeed.
The reason why I ask. . Bc when I was asking temple p1 students what their average on exams most of them said 50s to 60s was their average for each exam

Posted using SDN Mobile

The reason why I ask. . Bc when I was asking temple p1 students what their average on exams most of them said 50s to 60s was their average for each exam

Posted using SDN Mobile
Oh I see.. we never hit 50s or 60s.. our class average is consistently around mid 70s to sometimes mid 80s, which highly depend on exams and difficulty of contents. Also, keep in mind we need to maintain at least a 3.0 gpa to stay in the program and we need >72 to advance into next semester for each course.

Oh I see.. we never hit 50s or 60s.. our class average is consistently around mid 70s to sometimes mid 80s, which highly depend on exams and difficulty of contents. Also, keep in mind we need to maintain at least a 3.0 gpa to stay in the program and we need >72 to advance into next semester for each course.

Have you seen anyone who gas dropped bc they couldn't maintain?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Have you seen anyone who gas dropped bc they couldn't maintain?

Posted using SDN Mobile
From last year, there are couple of students that had to repeat their 1st year with us. Hopefully, that doesn't happen to us this year.

My interview is 9AM on Dec 17th. Goodluck to us all !!!!!

Got accepted today :D thought I blew the interview lol

For people who get accept and decide to go to Jefferson, we really should create a Facebook page to stay in touch with each other…It's just my personal opinion ^^.

Reactions: 1 users
For people who get accept and decide to go to Jefferson, we really should create a Facebook page to stay in touch with each other…It's just my personal opinion ^^.
I think that's a great idea!

I'm current P1 in Jefferson and that's really a great idea. We made a fb group for class of 2018 last year of this time and we met each other in Philly before so we already knew handful of our classmates in orientation. You will find it really helpful as you share about class notes, upcoming events, and class schedules via facebook :)

SDH02: Yes I saw there is a fb group for class of 2018, hence, I think it would be so helpful if we do it for the year of 2019… Will see how people's reaction on this.

Jefferson creates one for the students I thought

I like the FaceBook group idea.

Also, have you guys decided on where you're living? I'm definitely between the two apartment-style complexes (I don't want to have a dorm again lol).