Official Johns Hopkins Med Class of 2006 thread..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could someone please click THIS LINK and tell me if this is the correct Biochem book? It's the 5th edition of Stryer, but what's with the Extended Chapters 1-34 junk? I'm confused, but if this is the right book this seems a good price. Hmmmmm....

Jessica, not sure how much you'll need that skill if you have a parking space. For those of us who are too cheap (ME) to pay an extra $70 per month, I'll just get my $20 annual street parking in Mt. Vernon sticker and brave the challenges of street parking :)

Members don't see this ad.

I checked the ISBN # on the barnes and noble link against my book (which includes the extended chapters) and it's the same. I think perhaps you can buy the supplemental chapters separately--maybe they were released later than Ch 1-31. Looks like you got a good deal!

Swaroop - I think a support group is a fine idea. Perhaps we can introduce a 12-step learn to park program.... surely we can't be the only ones in our class suffering from this ailment. My car is a stick shift too, but I do have power steering.... so maybe we should practice in my car! But that would be an experience in togetherness..... cause I don't really have a back seat (unless you happen to be a midget)

Nine16 - I sure hope that is the right book - cause that is the one that I ordered last week :) If not, at least we can both be SOL together.

I am living in Reed so I will be paying something like $100 a month for parking :eek: I am told that this is a necessity though, unless you like your car getting broken into in the middle of the night. I would much rather get away for $20 a month though... it that just for daytime parking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Erk.

Parking is a mess in lovely Baltimore.

All first year students have *FREE* parking at the Fallsway lot, which is ~10 blocks west of JHH. There is a free shuttle that leaves from Wolfe Street every 5 minutes during the rush hours. This is *perfect* for those of you living off-campus who don't live near the shuttle.

All first year students have *FREE* parking in any garage at JHH from 4 pm to 8:30 am on weekdays, and all day on weekends.

You can't leave your car at the Fallsway lot overnight. So, if you live in Reed and don't want to pay for parking, you'll have to move your car twice a day, or else cough up $100/month to park at JHH 24/7.

Of course, if you're living off-campus and your building doesn't have a parking lot (?nine-sixteen), then you need to learn how to parallel park, and you should invest in a lock for your steering wheel.

nylee -- the peds shelf exam was ok, but a bit weird. There were some odd diseases on there that surprised me a bit, but I think overall the exam went well.

Cheers -
doepug

hey guys!
my friends have once told me that I should make a video of myself parallel parking when I didn't have a garage space in my apartment. But those skillz got a bit rusty when I started paying an extra $60 to guarantee a space inside. I figured that it was worth $60 to NOT spend half an hour looking for a space every single time I had to drive somewhere. :) But I think I'm gonna cough up $100 for a parking space in the garage by Reed. I'll probably "commute" to the undergrad library every night to study...since the libraries at the med school close so early!

Hey Doepug...are there any libraries that I don't know about that are open past 9 pm? I haven't had much luck studying in my room during undergrad. :oops:

Hey guys

I'll give parallel parking lessons! My parking skills were a little rusty before I moved to Baltimore from California, but after the ^*&$E^(@*&$ MVA in Maryland told me that because I was a foreign citizen that they couldn't exchange my California Driver's License to a Maryland one, they asked me to take the test again...

I got one full day of hefty parallel parking tryouts all around the medical campus, and also in mount vernon where there's plenty of places to parallel park without obstructing traffic!

Also, I decided that I'm not going to buy a car first year. I'd rather save some cash, and get a decent new car next year which I can then keep until the end of the program.

Well we got about 28 days left before orientation begins....

WHEN DO WE START REVEALING WHO WE ARE?????

SoNiC

Oh...by the way, Baltimore's really strict about parking violations. I think I paid at least $250 worth of parking tickets in a year (not to mention paying the garage fee of $60/month). I know a bunch of my friends got their cars towed within a 20 minute time span and countless of them got booted. So...after paying for all those mistakes, I decided not to take my chances anymore. :)

Sonic-
I think I've figured out who Gradient Echo is...through his hint earlier on in the thread. I know 9/16 from a PM and Lizardking from a PM. I have no idea who Liv2B is nor do I know who you are, Sonic ...but I can guess by looking through our class list who Swaroop and Jessica are!

Ohyeah...were you the one trying to change your phone plan? How did it go??

Originally posted by Sonic Hedgehog
WHEN DO WE START REVEALING WHO WE ARE?????
SoNiC

I am sure that it will take a *lot* of thought to figure out who I am.... with my creative screen name choosing and all. If you want to be able to spot me at orientation, you can click on the yahoo picture page from my SDN profile. :)

LizardKing has already revealed himself to me

:p ;) :laugh:

(we interviewed on the same day) :D

Yeah yeah! Me too! I just posted my pictures up on Yahoo...well, all TWO of them...although I don't think it would be hard to spot the only Korean girl in the class--methinks. :p I got the idea of yahoo pictures from Jessica and 9-16.

Jessica-it looks like you had an awesome time in Mexico!

The rest of you guys should post your pictures too! Although I can't exactly promise that I'll look the same come orientation...Korea can do weird things to you....if you know what I mean! :D :laugh:

Well I think I've figured out who Nylee, Jessica, Incendiary, Swaroop and Gradient Echo is... (actually I *know* Gradient Echo).

I'm yet to figure out nine-sixteen.....

Well try figuring me out... I'm not divulging any information, but my real name (at least the one everybody uses) is the first-four letters of my middle name, and I'm the longest name on the last page of the incoming class register that we recieved..... from California (that should help too).

Also based on my used name, a lot of people make the fatal mistake of assuming that I'm a girl. some *guys* have been terribly disappointed :)

i love how everyone's identities are all mysterious, we'll be introducing ourselves at orientation while thinking "wait, is this lizardking? is this sonic hedgehog?"... of course, jessica and i are the creatively-challenged special kids who didn't choose intrigue-filled screennames... ;) we're just keepin' it real, right jess?

and sonic, i hear ya. swaroop isn't recognized to be a male name ever. when i was in high school, brown sent me letter addressed to "miss waroop amant." (that's correct, they mysteriously took out the s's in my name and changed my gender) and included a brochure on "Brown: opportunities for women in science"... :D

take care,
*mr.* swaroop

Here's a pic of me from my wedding:

Attachments

• scott-weddingcrop.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 170
sonic and swaroop, I hear ya'll...loud and clear. My professors, when I sent them e-mails, wouldn't know if I was male or female. They would always address me as Mr. Lee. I mean, how do you make it clear that you're male or female without blatantly pointing it out?

I suppose that's why I chose a middle name as Grace during my sophomore year (for US citizenship)--that way there's no more ambiguity.

Oh yeah, and I wasn't all too creative with my SN either. :D

I have yet to find out who Incendiary is, though....since I don't think he's on the roster...is he???

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by nylee
I have yet to find out who Incendiary is, though....since I don't think he's on the roster...is he???

As far as I know, Incendiary is on the roster... ;) (That is, unless I got an updated version.)

BTW nylee, I don't think your photo album is working. And Sonic, if you want to find out who NineSixteen is, check her (9-16's) www link.

oops...silly me...I forgot to change my site from private to public...it should work now! :D

sorry, Incendiary...I must have assumed wrong! Why don't you give us some helpful *hints* about your identity? You're living on the tenth floor in Reed, right? I think we're gonna be neighbors!

I'm not so secretive if you click on my profile...that's my last name followed by my first initial (which stands for "Dawn" by the way). And if you look on my pics, you'll see where I got the name NineSixteen, too! You gotta admit that's a fine lookin' group of women, who wouldn't want to be named after that!?

Also, I'm the only one in our class who graduated from UMich in 1999...there's one other Wolverine but she graduated this year.

Can't wait to meet you all in person!

I know that Reed doensn't have cable, but does anyone know if we can get reception with an antenna (rabbit ears or something more sophisticated)? :confused: I thought that I saw some people with TVs in their rooms... but I could have just been imagining things. Its better if we don't get any channels - I will get more studying done, but I like a Jay Leno fix before bed.

I decided to drive my car to B'more... but I have to get it fixed first. Something is wrong with the idle control system (whatever that is) and my car is idling @ 2000 rpm and driving itself. Its posessed. Thx to the free diagnostic at AutoZone I finally know why my check engine light has been on for the last four months :p :rolleyes: Fah-bulous.

nylee & 916 - thanks for the pictures! At least I won't feel like a total loner @ orientation... I will be able to recognize a few friendly SDN faces. :D

nylee - Mexico was pretty fun, I needed a vacation so bad! I had never been there before, so it was an "experience" to say the least. Lots of crazy party people... but I was so well rested when I got back. I had to get un-used to taking a siesta every afternoon!

Weird, the Yahoo! photo sites don't work anymore for me. They all refer me to some Yahoo! UK and Ireland site, asking me to log in. When I do, they tell me I can only edit my own site. How strange.

Anyway, hints as to who I am? Hmm, how about this? Look at my location. I can be only one person, based on that. :)

Also, have any of you heard of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Curriculum for the Twenty-First Century? I think I'm going to get it, but if any of you have read it, please let me know what you thought of it. The two reviewers on Amazon seemed to like it...

"A revolutionary curriculum from a revolutionary med school!, July 18, 2002
Reviewer: David Glenmore from Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
This book focuses on the the story that led the best medical school in the united states (arguably, in the world), to gradually change its curriculum to serve an ever changing world from a teacher-oriented method to a completely student-oriented method. A must to read for any administrator of a medical school. Makes me wish I had gone to Medical School at Johns Hopkins..."

"A NEW APRAOCH TO MEDICAL SCHOOLS, March 30, 2000
Reviewer: HANI T. ALMASHHADI (see more about me) from Switzerland
This is a great book from the best medical school on earth, in my humble opinion."

Wow, those customer reviews are pretty impressive.

Incendiary - I love the word Fantabulous - it's one of my most favorite words ever :) So it's fun that you use it in your member status :D

I just wanted to bump this back from page 4 and find out, Sonic, if we have any more news about the pool par-tay? Whoo hoo, can't wait! Can we play the slippery watermelon game? Grease up a watermelon with Vasoline and throw it in the pool...whoever can bring it up from the bottom wins. It's a blast but I wonder if Hopkins would be a little touchy about Vasoline in the pool....?

I hope that the pool party is still in the works, my suitemates are going to be bummed if we don't deliver on some Labor day fun :( Is there anything that we can do from out here in SDN land to help get the ball rolling? If you have to write something up to get the event approved/funded I would be happy to take care of the paperwork (anything to avoid working on the problem sets!! anything!)

Greasy watermelon game sound like fun NineSixteen! If we get to play, we will have to find a goofy prize to give to the winner.

Well, I'll talk to Ann and find out what I need to do to make reservations etc. I'll take care of that part. The others -- bring your cars, and we need to go shopping to get some drinks etc. before the party, but we have time for that.

Got Stryer in the mail today. Just thought you'd all like to know. Looks fantastic. Intereting. Fun. Exciting. All that jazz.

GO BIOCHEM!!!:clap:

Finally!!

I get to log in as my old self! THANK YOU LEE!!

I was a victim of the "new board bug" - evidently there were two Jessicas.... (imagine that?!?!) and the new SDN log in system was NOT happy with the situation.

I just got Stryer on Monday... and I am forcing myself to read it (sadly, I am only on page 11 and I can feel my motivation dwindling to nil as we speak.) But I was a biochem major... so I have an excuse not to read (right guys?? Back me up on my procrastination here :) ) Of course, a little review wouldn't hurt considering that I did a brain dump after taking Biochem in undergrad..... and I went to a state school (hehehe :laugh: ) so I MUST need to review ;) They couldn't have possibly taught me properly the first time around. :D

I am so excited guys! Just a lil over three weeks till orientation - the time is going to fly by.

:clap: :D :) :clap: :D :)

does anyone know if there is a chapter of AMSA @ Hopkins? In past years they used free anatomy books to lure med students into joining... anyone know if this is still a practice of theirs? :hopeful: I love free goodies :)

Jessica,
I think Doepug told me once not to buy Netter's Anatomy because we get a free one by joining AMSA. Plus, we get a free Stedman's Medical Dictionary when we join AMA. I love freebies too!

I can't believe we're already into August! Our free time is running out!

Hey...question: Are any of you guys going to have jobs during first year? I'm thinking of taking on a 15-20hour tutoring job. I don't know if it would we too big of a burden. :)

Hi everyone

I just wanted to write to introduce myself. The SDN hasnt allowed me to post anything yet so this is going to be a short message. If it works, i will write more!

So, looking forward to meeting everyone soon,

Liana :)

Yeah!! it worked! it worked!

So, anyway, now that i have finally gotten around to skimming all of the postings on this thread i was excited to see that i already know nylee and jessica. its really nice to meet everyone else.

i saw earlier on the thread people were talking about whether to register their car with the MD DMV.... here are my two cents. I worked in MD for two years after graduation and i kept my FL plates. Depending on the tax in the state that your car is currently registered in, you may have to pay 5% of your cars value to MD in order to get it registered in MD. As a student, you may legally keep your car registered in whatever state it is currently registered in and you will save yourself a lot of time and money. Officially, i think you are required to pay a small fee ($25 i think) to say that you are a student and therefore not registering your car in MD but that may be a law like the law against jaywalking. baltimore cops should have better things to do ;)

as for your question about taking a job, nylee, i do know of med students who have taken jobs their first year (my kaplan MCAT instructors) and my sense is that it can be done. you will be very busy though. i hope you are enjoying korea!!

anyway, im looking forward to meeting everyone soon. i really hope the pool party is still in the works. i think that would be such good labor day fun. also, im glad to hear from whomever said it that they are already thinking of a birthday party for themselves the first weekend. happy early birthday and i cant wait!!

liana

Nylee, I love your avatar. :)

Centrum- haha! thanks! There are a bunch of Mashimaro Icons if you look around on google!

Lolly-Liana!! I'm so glad you found us! It's been a while since I talked to you. How is home? Are you back in Baltimore yet? When are you moving into Reed Hall? Were you kind of sad to leave Sarah as a roommate? I was really sad to leave my college roommate of 3 years...she was such a sweetheart. :) This is all very exciting! Are you and Jessica roommates in Reed, then? I'm gonna be living right above ya'll!

Originally posted by Lolly
im glad to hear from whomever said it that they are already thinking of a birthday party for themselves the first weekend. happy early birthday and i cant wait!!

Hee hee, that's me...thanks for the early happy B-Day! I love birthdays, and like to celebrate the entire month of September as my birth-month :) I'm getting so psyched, y'all...my last day of work is TOMORROW and I'm leaving for B-More next FRIDAY!!! Whoo hoo!

I checked into the car thing...basically it'll cost me only slightly more $$ to register in MD, since my Michigan license and registration is expiring on Sept. 8 anyway, I'd have to do all that junk by mail and it's less hassle to do the Maryland thing. Plus Michigan already has 6% sales tax, so I don't have to do the 5% thing, just a flat $100. And Maryland plates are pretty :) The Maryland state flag ranks up there as one of the coolest, I think. South Carolina wins by a landslide, but Maryland definately tops Michigan and Louisiana (other states where I've lived)

Jessica- I also made it to about page 11. It's hard to read a textbook straight through! But there are some rockin pictures in that book...great protein animations. And I was just hearing about cystic fibrosis this week - I open up stryer and what do I see? Cystic Fibrosis mutation on Chromosome, um, which chrm is that? Oh well, some chromosome :D

Nine-sixteen,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Today is your birthday, right? August 8th? yay! Go celebrate! We'll definitely dedicate the pool party to your birth-month and the beginning of an exciting chapter in ALL of our lives! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ok...I promise to open Stryer tomorrow....:eek: I've had the blasted book for a whole month now!

Originally posted by NineSixteen
Jessica- I also made it to about page 11. It's hard to read a textbook straight through! But there are some rockin pictures in that book...great protein animations. And I was just hearing about cystic fibrosis this week - I open up stryer and what do I see? Cystic Fibrosis mutation on Chromosome, um, which chrm is that? Oh well, some chromosome :D

Animations? Did your book come with a CD?

And BTW, I agree that the word "fantabulous" is quite fantabulous. :)

Hi all

thanks for the warm welcome nylee. this list is definitely going to become my procrastination for the next couple of weeks. jessica and i are going to be roomates (yeah!) and i will be back in baltimore on the 23rd. I move into the dorms the morning of the 24th though. how about you? when do you come back from korea?

stryer isnt as bad as i thought it would be. after two years of not having classes, im enjoying the novelty of getting back to schoolwork. having never taken biochem in college, i was really happy to see that jessica majored in the subject. (and, she's living in my suite.... works out great for me jess!)

the problem set sucks though!! i am avoiding it. :)

as for animations, there are web animations anytime you see the mouse symbol in the book. the first mouse symbol is somewhat in the beginning of chapter 2. i havent checked it out yet but i like the idea. it means we get to play around on the computer and still be "studying."

ok, im off to accomplish something (nap, workout, tv movies) today.
Liana

p.s. happy birthday ninesixteen!!

happy birthday, ninesixteen! wait, is your birthday today or is it in september? at any rate, happy birthday (or happy month-before-birthday, whichever the case may be)

take care,
swaroop

Nine-sixteen,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Today is your birthday, right? August 8th?

Tee hee - sorry for the confusion, all. It actually is September 8, but again, since today is one month until then, we can start celebrating the birth-month ;)

Today marks the first day of the last month of NineSixteen as less than a quarter-centenarian. My last month as a "under-aged" driver...I finally will get to rent cars and not pay the extra daily $$ for being too young :)

Animations I meant as the cartoon-like drawings in the book...I wish they actually moved around :) Like in Harry Potter. A Magical Biochemistry Book! Whoo hoo!

Ninesixteen --

Welcome to the Club. I just turned quarter-centenarian in March. Let me tell you it's not fun...it's the time when you begin wishing that your birthdays went backwards instead of advancing every year.

In any case, here's an early Happy Birthday!

Sonic

p.s. Incendiary, you have a cool family! I really enjoyed meeting everyone!

Originally posted by Sonic Hedgehog
p.s. Incendiary, you have a cool family! I really enjoyed meeting everyone!

You can only say that because you don't actually live with them. :p

Thanks, though. :)

Yea Liana! I am psyched to see you posting!!! Don't be too happy about me majoring in biochem. I have been clearing out a lot of space in my brain over the summer in an attempt to make room for more exciting med school info! :p Guess I would have been better off to commit the Biochem to memory...

I am glad to know that I am not alone in nearing the big 2-5 :) :D
I was starting to feel really old, what with Dr. Kev40calling anyone over the age of 21 a geezer. So depressing! At least we have the consolation of beginning our MED SCHOOL journey! That always cheers me up. :clap:

nope, you all are definitely not alone in about to turn 25. im excited b/c as of this april, i get to pay lower car insurance!!! yeah!!! its definitely the best thing about turning 25 :clap: 25 isnt old. its the beginning of that really cool time when we have the entire world in front of us, and we are actually old enough to appreciate that. well, thats my soapbox for the day.

:p

dont forget biochem jess. i need informed, knowledgable roomates to ask questions to!! ;)

thanks for the welcome swaroop!
goodnight everyone
liana

Page SIX!? Oh, no, baby, that's no good. BUMPITY BUMP. Where'd everybody go? Swaroop is forgiven cause he's probably moving as I write this. Sonic, Baylor, Jessica, Incendiary, nylee, Lolly, LizardKing, BoomBoom, DesperatelySeekingMD, why so quiet? Who'd I forget?

Hmmm.. I'm supposed to be packing since I'm leaving on Friday morning, but I HATE PACKING!!! So I'm procrastinating instead. I want to bewitch all my stuff so it magically appears in my apartment in Baltimore all put away and what not. Who can help me out with how to do that?

See y'all soon...less than a week now! Who wants to get together next week sometime? Gotta get my second hepatitis B shot, get my car stuff done, but other than that I'm free to play all week :)

sorry to intrude on your hopkins thread....i'm taking the mcat for the first time this saturday....can i ask y'all what you guys scored on your mcat???
wondering how low of a score you can get and still get into hopkins!!! can't imagine how happy all of you are. congrats!
oh yeah, and any advice for this saturday would be appreciated! =)

Hi phatty-

No intrusion at all...we're not exclusive :)

I don't know what the lowest score of someone admitted to Hopkins was, I couldn't say. A few pages back on this thread someone asked a similar quesion. I imagine your score needs to be above a 30, how much above I don't know. I got a 35, others I'm sure scored much higher, others probably scored lower. Hopkins cares lots about other stuff, what have you done that makes you unique, as well as high stats. Of course high scores matter, but I'm sayin that's not the only thing you need.

Good Luck on Saturday. The MCAT is loads of fun ;) Just relax and do your best, that's about all the advice I have!

hi all

i write from a family vacation in Naples, FL (mom and dad live on the east coast of FL, so its a short drive) which is my excuse for not writing recently. clearly, Rose family vacations are a blast if I have time to post on SDN :)

ninesixteen--i move into the dorms on the 24th, which is in two weeks, right?? where do you get this less than a week thing?? dont scare me like that. in any case, though, id love to hang out with everyone that first week before orientation.

phatty--good luck on the MCATs!! I did pretty well on mine but id agree with ninesixteen. hopkins definitely looks at all of the other things you do. my sense of the MCATs is that anything over 30 is only going to help you. so, best of luck... and the good news is that it will all be over soon :clap:

Liana

Hey Everyone,

Well.... I've been seriously sick. I've been bed-ridden since friday with high fever and severe headaches. I don't know what caused this, but I can tell you I don't remember being this distressed over a sickness in the past 5-6 years. It's seriously getting to me.

Fortunately, I'm feeling a little better (the fever is still there but a bit low, but my headaches are there). So that's my excuse for not being able to even check my mail.

Oh -- and when you guys move in, if you need a hand carrying things up etc., be sure to come find me. I'm in Apt 4A. If you wish, you can be like Incendiary (forget my real name) and ask me totally out of the blue "Are you Sonic?" :)

Take care everyone,

Sonic...
I hope you get better soon! That stinks that you're sick...but the good thing is, it'll probably be gone by the time school starts!
I was considering going to a summer camp from August 19-22nd and pull an earlier plane ticket, but my mom advised against that. She thinks that the 13-hour time difference from Korea and Baltimore combined with the exhaustion from being a counselor would not fare well the week before orientation. :)
I guess my mom knows best--better than her med student daughter!

Take care of yourselves, guys...and Sonic, you really should take it easy while you recover...don't do too many strenuous activities like moving people in! We'll find others to do that...*ahem* Incendiary, Lizardking, swaroop! Where are you male Reeders?? :laugh:

Hey..did you guys all get the invitation in the mail about the orientation reception? That's on the 29th and not the 19th, right? I got conflicting information from two sources.

YAY! Cannot wait! Bring on the books! (Oh, by the way, I think our molecules and cells class will be made up of a lot of grad students too)

ONE MORE THING: If you guys are moving into Reed, let's make a list of which suites we're gonna be in so we know who to visit while we move in!

I'll start: I'm gonna be in 10D-4 (Short, asian girl--about 5'3''--newly dyed brown hair...etc. etc.)

Hey..did you guys all get the invitation in the mail about the orientation reception? That's on the 29th and not the 19th, right? I got conflicting information from two sources.

My invitation says the 29th.

YAY! Cannot wait! Bring on the books! (Oh, by the way, I think our molecules and cells class will be made up of a lot of grad students too)

I dont know about other graduate programs, but I do know the first year PhD graduate students in biomedical engineering are required to take the same first year courses as the med students; so there will be at least 15 people from that group. [/B][/QUOTE]

hey guys,

my name is justin and I will be joining you all at JHU SOM in a few short weeks. This summer I have been working as a water skiing instructor in northern Ontario, so I have been out of touch with most of the world...it's hard to find internet access up here!

About this biochem book...who is the author, and what edition of the book do we need to buy? Also, where can we purchase it?

I am coming back to the states next monday, and I am moving to Baltimore on the 24th...i cannot have the book shipped here, so I guess that I will just buy it when I get to baltimore...is that too late. my parents told me that we had to have 6 chapters read by the first class...is that accurate?

I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

enjoy the rest of your summer!

Hey all!

Sorry for the posting hiatus. Life has been a little crazy the past week!

Hope that you are feeling better Sonic. :)

Justin~ Nice to meet another Hopkins classmate :D Sounds like you have had a blast this summer. The biochem book is by Stryer, 5th edition. I got it from Amazon.com (my suitemate was kind enough to provide me with a link, thanks Paulette!! ) Just follow this link - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/offers/new/0716730510/ref=dpr_sdp_bb/104-2911851-6542325 Its about $90 and I got mine within about 10 days. And your mom is correct, we are supposed to read ch. 1-6 before school starts (yuck!)

I can't wait to see you all!