Official Johns Hopkins Med Class of 2006 thread..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by nylee
I have a question: are those class pictures the same ones that come on your ID badge???? I hope not!:eek:

come visit 10-D-4, guys!!!!

I second that eek. My ID badge picture does NOT flatter me at all. :(

Anyway, I'll drop by if I can, but I'm leaving tonight and returning tomorrow with more stuff from home, so I might not have time. But in any case, definitely come by tomorrow night, nylee.

Ah, feels good to have Internet access again... :D

Members don't see this ad.

Are you guys supposed to go on your own to the ID badge office or are they just going to give out your ID cards at orientation?

The reason I ask is that when I came here this summer, i had to go on my own to the badge office. They take a picture of you and put it on the ID card. But for the incoming MD class, I'm not sure if it still works that way or not.

Originally posted by Gradient Echo
Are you guys supposed to go on your own to the ID badge office or are they just going to give out your ID cards at orientation?

The reason I ask is that when I came here this summer, i had to go on my own to the badge office. They take a picture of you and put it on the ID card. But for the incoming MD class, I'm not sure if it still works that way or not.

I went on my own, and that's exactly what happened, unfortunately. It would be great if these were only temporary cards, but something tells me I'm going to have to live with this picture for many years to come...

Members don't see this ad :)
When y'all show up for orientation, you'll stand in line to get 2 photos taken, one of which is for your ID. The second photo is for the registrar's office - this will be used for the photo rosters that your professors will have, be posted outside the fin aid office, etc. The registrar's photo will also be sent with your application to take the USMLE in a few years.

If you already have a JHMI ID (if you got one this summer, or as an undergrad), then you will probably be stuck with that photo unless you pay for a new one.

I am so NOT photogenic. It's a little scary to have these two pictures follow you around for four years...

Cheers,
doepug

I just looked at the orientation form, and realized it starts on this Thursday and not Friday, but I dont remember seeing a detailed schedule of whats going on those 2 days.

Does anybody know if they are going to keep us for the whole 2 days solid or is it just going to be for a few hours on thursday and then a couple hours on friday?

I scheduled an MRI lab experiment, but just realized that it may conflict with the orientation stuff.

Also, does anybody know the detailed breakdown of the class schedule next week? I know it starts on Tuesday, but I dont have any details. I know they'll give us something at orientation, but in case anybody knows please post.

gradient echo - if you're looking for a class schedule, check the bulletin board (in the glass case) in the basement (G level) of the PCTB, next to the glass double doors. If there is no class schedule there, go down the hall and ask for Theo - she'll give you a schedule.

Best,
doepug

hey!

dawn (ninesixteen) and i are meeting up tomorrow at 1pm inside the main entrance to the hospital just to walk around, etc... we're probably going to get into reed and visit some of y'all...!

email me if you want to join us (and my parents) for lunch!

[email protected]

take care,
swaroop

hey guys!
swaroop: i probably have plans for lunch, but definitely come over to visit 10-D East Wing of Reed. If I'm not there, you'll see my awesome roommates: Tara and Megan (DSMD)!! I still have yet to meet Megan, though. :)

I hope all of ya'll are liking Baltimore all right.

See you on thursday for sure!

It was good seeing you today, Sonic! I haven't met anyone else yet...I hope to meet the 9B gals tonight!

Hey all,

Does anyone have a hammer and/or Phillips screwdriver, or at least know of where I can get one? The front desk maybe? I'm trying to put together this bookshelf, but the nails and screws are not cooperating...

incendiary,

I have a hammer....but not a screw driver...

I feel kinda silly posting this when I could just walk like 10 feet and knock on your door...but frankly, I'm scared of your roommate! haha...just kidding. I'm at homewood right now. I don't have a computer in my room.

Come by if you still need a hammer...I should be in around 12 midnight.

:)

incendiary,

I have a hammer....but not a screw driver...

I feel kinda silly posting this when I could just walk like 10 feet and knock on your door...but frankly, I'm scared of your roommate! haha...just kidding. I'm at homewood right now. I don't have a computer in my room.

Come by if you still need a hammer...I should be in around 12 midnight.

:)

Which one? ;)

Thanks for the offer, but Ryan in 10C lent me one yesterday. My room is finally finished (I think)! :)

Whasup neighbors. I guess this thread will die soon...I think NineSixteen, Sonic, and swaroop have already retired.

Anyway, see you on the bus.

-LKing (you know my name)

I feel pretty pathetic posting messages like this using screen names when I know who you guys are... plus most of you are like an elevator ride away....

Oh well... I guess it's like the time when I used to IM my roommate across the room, instead of just talking to him. :D:D

WASSSUP, guys????? Back from Orientation camp....whew...feels good to be back in our luxurious dorms/apartments, huh? I must admit that I did have a great time--especially playing Mafia with all you wonderful liars.

Incendiary--I hope you weren't too offended by my accusations. it's only a game, right? I will somehow gain your trust back...eventually. :)

Lizard--I can never trust you. :p

Anywho...you guys are probably all napping right now but I'll see you tonight on floor 12 of Reed for our last night of partying!

P.S.: Someday I will learn to walk downstairs or across the hall to talk to you guys in person.

Incendiary--I hope you weren't too offended by my accusations. it's only a game, right? I will somehow gain your trust back...eventually. :)

I'm a pretty forgiving person... ;)

P.S.: Someday I will learn to walk downstairs or across the hall to talk to you guys in person.

But that requires movement, and stuff.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hahahhaha...

you are a funny man, incendiary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hahahhaha...

you are a funny man, incendiary

Like Macy Gray, I try... :cool:

Do any of you have these nasty, corroding metal shelves in your suite common rooms? We have one that's near collapsing, replete with Tide, random pots, and numerous mouse traps. My suitemate and I are thinking of throwing it out, but we're not sure if they're furnished by the School or not. So, like, are we the only ones who hit the jackpot? 'Cuz if so, out it goes...

ok...so my suitemates and I have rearranged our room to give it a more cultural-ethnic feel. it's pretty cool now. Beaded curtains and glow-in-the-dark insects in the bathroom. SUPER-COOL. :D

Ya'll should come visit and check it out! At least all of you who are still faithful SDNers.... :)

This thread will not die....we will just relocate to "allopathic". :)

Anywho...I should go to sleep! Tomorrow starts the end of summer vacation and of life! I must get up in 6 hours! Good night and see ya'll in class!

nylee

Good luck everyone!

Hope all goes well. Dr. Berg is way cool, so y'all are getting off to a great start. Do your best - this will be the last time you'll ever hear about all the basic science. Have a great time, and use a few of those free afternoons for naps!

Welcome to Hopkins.

doepug