Official Keck/USC 2006 Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caligrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I interviewed at Keck on 11/2 and just recieved notice that I am on their alternate list. Does anyone know how long this list is/the chances of getting accepted off of it?

Members don't see this ad.

Got put in the same boat. Interviewed in Oct. Don't know if I'm being pessimistic or realistic, but I'm treating it as a defacto rejection. Crossing my fingers that my interview at UCLA goes well in Jan.

The letter said the alternate list was unranked so who knows. BTW, if anyone is going to interview with a urologist at cedars whose bald and looks like his wife just died, don't tell him that writing is your least favorite subject. Turns out he runs the medical history part at USC. :laugh:

How did you hear; snail mail? I interviewed on 11/4 and still no word, so I'm not sure if that ultimatley means the waitlist too or if there is some chnace my acceptance packet might still be out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been accepted, and if so, when did you interview?

Rebs said:
How did you hear; snail mail? I interviewed on 11/4 and still no word, so I'm not sure if that ultimatley means the waitlist too or if there is some chnace my acceptance packet might still be out there.

I got the snail mail on 12/21 (it was dated 12/15 & sent on 12/19). I heard of a couple other people who interviewed with me on 11/2 that got acceptance letters several days before me, so I don't know if they send out the good news first followed by the waitlists......

I talked to admissions today to confirm receipt of my alternate list form, and they said that waitlisted applicants will hear decisions after May 15th......

Yikes...I interviewed on 11/29 and I'm waiting anxiously... :scared:

I absolutely fell in love with Keck, and LA in general. County Hospital seems like such an amazing place to learn. Did anyone else interview with the head of trauma surgery?

For those of you that interviewed - when were you complete?

EEEEEEEEE!!!! I JUST GOT MY LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! YAY!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Are they still giving out interview invites?

I was also waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people get in off the waitlist? Also, does anyone know if Keck initially rejects people they interview or does everyone they interview either get accepted or waitlisted?

Caligirl05 said:
I was also waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people get in off the waitlist? Also, does anyone know if Keck initially rejects people they interview or does everyone they interview either get accepted or waitlisted?

As far as I know, Keck does reject people post interview. In the interview invite letter, they said that the committee must have a unanimous vote to either accept or reject, everything else falls into the "alternate" category.

I also called the admissions office to ask when alternates are notified of any change in status, I was told only after May 15th (the universal last day to hold multiple acceptances).

But don't give up hope yet lots of people get into schools off the waitlist, the admissions office also told me that people are accepted as late as August and it's a rolling process throughout the summer

I'm hoping that lots of the accepted CA residents get into the UC schools, leaving plenty of room for us at USC :)

Has anyone gotten any decisions from USC lately?

drcane83 said:
Has anyone gotten any decisions from USC lately?

Takes about 4 weeks. You also have to consider that there was vacation inbetween those weeks. If your accepted you get a large envelope in the mail. Good luck!

Elastase said:
Takes about 4 weeks. You also have to consider that there was vacation inbetween those weeks. If your accepted you get a large envelope in the mail. Good luck!

Ok, thanks.