***Official Kornberg School of Dentistry C/O 2014 Discussion Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aforgottenshirt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! WOOHOO :banana: congrats! You got into dental school! Now what? :confused:

I thought I'd make a thread where everyone who is attending Temple next year can meet, plan pre-dental school parties this summer, and just chat about random stuff.

I'm Jessie, I'm a biology major, I love nutella, hello kitty, and long walks on the beach :love:, and I chose temple over upenn because it is cheaper and awesome-er altho that post the other day about that guy getting shot right in front of temple and dragging blood across the sidewalk into a liquor store kind of scared/disturbed me :wtf: I'm wondering if I should invest in some mace... Anyone else concerned about this?

On another topic - collecting teeth? :eek: Is this for real..? I feel like the freaking tooth fairy or something.. has anyone started their collection? Maybe we should have a competition or something...

I am super excited for the school's new classrooms. Any word on if the classroom capture is working yet?

Also - anyone considering doing the DMD/MBA since Temple pays for the MBA? Pretty sweet deal but I wonder if I would be unable to have life outside of the books at all...

Feel free to add your random thoughts. Can't wait to meet you all next year!! :highfive:

EDIT: Oh yeah - and this is for people who have already decided to attend Temple not for all you who are still deciding. You go somewhere else (like the official ACCEPTANCE thread)

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I'd make a thread where everyone who is attending Temple next year can meet, plan pre-dental school parties this summer, and just chat about random stuff.

I'm Jessie, I'm a biology major, I love nutella, hello kitty, and long walks on the beach :love:, and I chose temple over upenn because it is cheaper and awesome-er altho that post the other day about that guy getting shot right in front of temple and dragging blood across the sidewalk into a liquor store kind of scared/disturbed me :wtf: I'm wondering if I should invest in some mace... Anyone else concerned about this?

On another topic - collecting teeth? :eek: Is this for real..? I feel like the freaking tooth fairy or something.. has anyone started their collection? Maybe we should have a competition or something...

I am super excited for the school's new classrooms. Any word on if the classroom capture is working yet?

Also - anyone considering doing the DMD/MBA since Temple pays for the MBA? Pretty sweet deal but I wonder if I would be unable to have life outside of the books at all...

Feel free to add your random thoughts. Can't wait to meet you all next year!! :highfive:

EDIT: Oh yeah - and this is for people who have already decided to attend Temple not for all you who are still deciding. You go somewhere else (like the official ACCEPTANCE thread)

I think we met during the interview. You went to Upenn as an undergrad and work at the dental school, right?

I think we met during the interview. You went to Upenn as an undergrad and work at the dental school, right?

HI! I think you have the wrong person.. Although I would be interested in talking to this person you speak of if they worked at UPenn and are going to Temple.. Are you coming to Temple next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI! I think you have the wrong person.. Although I would be interested in talking to this person you speak of if they worked at UPenn and are going to Temple.. Are you coming to Temple next year?

I'm not sure yet. I have to decide between several schools. I don't know if Temple is the right fit for me because I want to live within walking distance of school, and that isn't feasible at Temple. Do you know where you will be living?

Don't stress too much about safety. Just be aware and use some common sense and you'll be fine.

Teeth - Make sure you have some for Freshman year. It makes life easier if you have your own and don't have to run around PreClinic asking for extras.

Class Capture is functional. I know that none of our professors are currently using it though. Our class has people that record the lectures and we post it on our class website.

The DMD/MBA is a great deal if you want to do it. I believe only 1 student took advantage of it in my year. He had a business degree from undergrad and wanted to expand on it.

We'll see you all next year. PM me if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer them.

I'm not sure yet. I have to decide between several schools. I don't know if Temple is the right fit for me because I want to live within walking distance of school, and that isn't feasible at Temple. Do you know where you will be living?

Seriously? What about Columbia, UPenn, or Harvard... shouldn't this be an easy decision based on your earlier arguments from another thread? You remember, the one where you called me Snooty? hah

Last edited:

That was one of the reasons I liked Upenn, because I could live somewhere close and walk to school. I decided to go to Temple though for many other reasons that were more important to me. I think I will live in center city and take the subway to school. But surely there must be other reasons that you think Temple is not the right fit for you? Is that the only thing? What other schools are you choosing from?

Don't stress too much about safety. Just be aware and use some common sense and you'll be fine.

Teeth - Make sure you have some for Freshman year. It makes life easier if you have your own and don't have to run around PreClinic asking for extras.

Class Capture is functional. I know that none of our professors are currently using it though. Our class has people that record the lectures and we post it on our class website.

The DMD/MBA is a great deal if you want to do it. I believe only 1 student took advantage of it in my year. He had a business degree from undergrad and wanted to expand on it.

Thanks for the input! Do you ever see the guy who is doing the MBA (is he still alive?)

Another question - I know we already got a letter in the mail to sign up for temple.edu email but does anyone know when we get our dental.temple.edu email accounts?

MBA. http://www.temple.edu/dentistry/Admissions/dmd_mba.html

I've heard most fulfill all requirements for both programs in 4 years. I believe the first year isn't bad, but the second year is pretty nuts. The second year for the dental school alone is very demanding. It can be done though. I would go for it if you are interested in it. At least call up the adviser and talk to them some more about it.

Just have your temple.edu account forwarded for now. MOST communication will come via dental.temple.edu. I believe we got ours set up in the first or second week of class. During Orientation you will get lots of information on stuff like this. You will also be able to attend the club fair.

I think I will live in center city and take the subway to school.
Hey congrats on your decision to attend!
I'll be living in center city and taking that broad street line as well, I was curious if anyone has any experience using the subway?
Ps. when did you receive a letter to set-up your temple e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.