**Official Loma Linda Acceptance Thread C/O 2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who got in!!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed back in January but haven't heard a thing, current AADSAS status hasn't changed since then. I called last week and admissions said I haven't gone under review by the adcom. I'm wondering if I've been bypassed and the class is already filled?

to those in the facebook group for 2013, I just requested to join even though i'm the class ahead of you. I have much info you'll need to know coming into the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in January but haven't heard a thing, current AADSAS status hasn't changed since then. I called last week and admissions said I haven't gone under review by the adcom. I'm wondering if I've been bypassed and the class is already filled?
class is full, so they have a waitlist.

Okay, so I've paid my deposit & am in the process of filling out the other info online (addresses, hat size, background check...).

What next? When does the package of info come from them? And is it true that we need to collect teeth?

The acceptance package arrived about a month after I got the letter. In it is the typical acceptance package stuff, including information about financial aid and such. And yes, you do need to collect teeth. The info will be in the package. For now, if you can log in to the new student portal (same area as the secondary application portal: https://ssweb.llu.edu/llu/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin?ret_code=D), there should be a list of things that you need to fill out online or send through the mail, including background checks, transcripts (yes, again ;P ), etc. You can, and should, fill out your FAFSA for next year as soon as possible. You can also see other financial aid requirements and forms that are needed if you click on the financial aid menu.

Good luck and see you in the fall!

class is full, so they have a waitlist.

Hey needa20, how do you know the class is full? The admissions did not tell anything about the seats left....

Are you sure that the class is full???:confused:

Hey needa20, how do you know the class is full? The admissions did not tell anything about the seats left....

As far as I know, needa is correct. They have extended acceptances to fill the class and are now going to move through the waitlist. I have a couple close friends who are on the waitlist so good luck to all and hope to see you next year!

they told me the class is full, that is why they have now started the waitlist. i was told there will probably not be much movement regarding waitlist for about another month.... more waiting and waiting....

Has Anyone started looking into getting a laptop. I dont know which kind to get... any suggestions? I see laptops in ads like best buy that show laptops that meet all of the specifications for around $700-$800, but on the website they provided us to get the student discount the laptop is much more expensive...???... what gives?

part of the reason you pay more is probably due to the warranty. Ideally you should have your laptop for the whole 4 years. A 7-800 dollar laptop may last you that long, but then again it might not. We use our laptops a LOT. Personally I like the HPs, but there are a lot of macbook fans in my class who use theirs. You guys are lucky because you will not be required to buy a specific brand or model.

Anyway, i'm sure you could get by with a cheaper notebook, but be prepared to spend the same amount of money to replace it before the 4 years are up, just in case.

part of the reason you pay more is probably due to the warranty. Ideally you should have your laptop for the whole 4 years. A 7-800 dollar laptop may last you that long, but then again it might not. We use our laptops a LOT. Personally I like the HPs, but there are a lot of macbook fans in my class who use theirs. You guys are lucky because you will not be required to buy a specific brand or model.

Anyway, i'm sure you could get by with a cheaper notebook, but be prepared to spend the same amount of money to replace it before the 4 years are up, just in case.

does loma linda get a discount on mac's? im thinking about a macbook pro. any thoughts lemoncurry? thanks for the info

does loma linda get a discount on mac's? im thinking about a macbook pro. any thoughts lemoncurry? thanks for the info

Haha! I was totally eyeing the 17" Macbook Pro the other day at an Apple store and it looked AMAZING...but a little too big to be carrying from class to class... the 15" looks perfect in that capacity. As a lifelong PC user (and I mean LIFE LONG, since 3rd grade), I've decided that in tribute to Barack Obama, it's time for CHANGE!

On a separate note, anyone else having trouble focusing on studies? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question. I was told by Cindy that I will receive a letter this week from their office regarding admission. However, my status on AADSAS hasn't changed from Application complete. What do you guys think this means???!?!?!?!? :confused:

Haha! I was totally eyeing the 17" Macbook Pro the other day at an Apple store and it looked AMAZING...but a little too big to be carrying from class to class... the 15" looks perfect in that capacity. As a lifelong PC user (and I mean LIFE LONG, since 3rd grade), I've decided that in tribute to Barack Obama, it's time for CHANGE!

On a separate note, anyone else having trouble focusing on studies? ;)

what are u taking right now dj? hey, is there a 15" macbook pro out there? i think i fear the unknown with macs. i heard if we buy one in the summer we get a free ipod touch from apple.

on that separate note...got a 38% on my third physics test. :oops:

I am not a Mac user and have no current plans to defect to the other side, so I can't really answer any questions about discounts. I *do* know that the book store has one of those Mac/apple sections with all the fixin's.

what are u taking right now dj? hey, is there a 15" macbook pro out there? i think i fear the unknown with macs. i heard if we buy one in the summer we get a free ipod touch from apple.

Taking biochem at CSUSB and STRUGGLING, haha! That third test is a drop right? I wouldn't have even gone LOL! But yeah, they have a 15" Macbook Pro, though the display is not as sharp and clear as the 17", it's a nice size and can handle all the same stuff. Free iPod touch too?? Looks like I'll be a Mac in the summer.

Looking like it's gonna be a great summer...

can anyone shed light on the better housing options?? thank you!!

"offer made" on AADSAS today. Finally. I can't believe it. Number one pick for me and I've been jumping through hoops for months....totally worth it right now. We are going to have a GREAT class!!!

"offer made" on AADSAS today. Finally. I can't believe it. Number one pick for me and I've been jumping through hoops for months....totally worth it right now. We are going to have a GREAT class!!!
congrats! were you on the waitlist?

Im on wait list just praying

Wasn't on waitlist, but had to go up after my interview and do a chalk carving test....I'm guessing this is because I didn't do so hot on the PAT...

Hey guys, Im on the wait list (its like being in purgatory by the way) and do any of you guys know how many people might be on the wait list.

Hey guys, Im on the wait list (its like being in purgatory by the way) and do any of you guys know how many people might be on the wait list.
I had my interview on 1/12 and then did a chalk carving test in late March. I emailed Marlise soon after to ask her how long it would be before I heard and if there were any actual spots left or if I was just holding out for a spot on the waitlist.... she said she didn't have any real numbers about spots right now but I should hear in a couple weeks. My AADSAS status updated yesterday (4/8), which was exactly 2 weeks and 1 day after my chalk carving ordeal.

congrats! were you on the waitlist?

Im on wait list just praying

Hey, needa20. Just wanted to let you know that I have my fingers crossed extra tight for you. I think you will appreciate the best advice I got going into this whole thing: "Pray to God with an open and expectant heart". What else can you do???

Has Anyone started looking into getting a laptop. I dont know which kind to get... any suggestions? I see laptops in ads like best buy that show laptops that meet all of the specifications for around $700-$800, but on the website they provided us to get the student discount the laptop is much more expensive...???... what gives?

Hey, can someone give me a quick heads up concerning the laptop spec's? I got my letter of acceptance today and know from experience that it will be a while before I get the next mailing with more information. I need to know if my current laptop will be OK, it's a brand new Sony Vaio...Any information will be much appreciated. Also, how long do I have to send in my deposit, the letter doesn't say...

Cindy said that there were going to be less than 30 on the waitlist this year. Last year there was about 30 and all got in to LLU from the waitlist, so I am assuming that you will have a good chance.

Btw, what makes LLU special? I just wanted to know why you guys like LLU so much.

Btw, what makes LLU special? I just wanted to know why you guys like LLU so much.

Could be the amount of clinical experience you receive (among the highest of any dental school)

Could be the high national board pass rate

Could be a nice dentally dedicated facility

Could be the excellent food available on campus(oops better strike that one)

Nah it's gotta be of course................

The excellent faculty;)

Congratulations monkeymorris, I'll look forward to seeing you around the school, come and introduce yourself to me. Dr. Mitchell

Thanks license2kill, I hope that happens again. I like LLU because the campus has a really chill atmosphere, and the faculty I met were really kind and helpful. I also want to stay close to christianity while I study for my future profession. Its a good deal for me.

Could be the amount of clinical experience you receive (among the highest of any dental school)

Could be the high national board pass rate

Could be a nice dentally dedicated facility

Could be the excellent food available on campus(oops better strike that one)

Nah it's gotta be of course................

The excellent faculty;)

Congratulations monkeymorris, I'll look forward to seeing you around the school, come and introduce yourself to me. Dr. Mitchell

Thanks, Dr. Mitchell. I will definitely come and say hello this fall. And to add to the list of things that make LLU so great - how about Cindy and Marlise in admissions - talk about a couple of nice and patient ladies!!!

Just got notified that I was on the Wait list today, LLU's been my number one choice for a long time and I hope I get in. Does anyone have any more info about the huge movement they had on the wait list last year, and if it might happen again? :)

Thanks, Dr. Mitchell. I will definitely come and say hello this fall. And to add to the list of things that make LLU so great - how about Cindy and Marlise in admissions - talk about a couple of nice and patient ladies!!!

For sure! Cindy and Marlise are awesome! And of course Dr. Nelson! Are all people nice at LLU?

Just got notified that I was on the Wait list today, LLU's been my number one choice for a long time and I hope I get in. Does anyone have any more info about the huge movement they had on the wait list last year, and if it might happen again? :)

lets hope so, but from I have heard, that was a complete fluke last year. I have been told that there is usually a "few" people accepted off of the waitlist. so, im just praying that there is another fluke like last year, or that we are the few accepted off the waitlist this year if it is the norm of just a few

just realized that you already have several acceptances, seems like LLU is your number one choice, but at least you already have 3 others...

and here i was thinking i could get some inspiration out of SDN. thanks RK lol!! nothings changed since that test huh?

Yes!!!
I give all the credit to God :)

Got accepted to LLU today. AADSAS changed to offer made. was accepted off of the waitlist. thanks to everyone. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Keep the faith, if its meant to be, God will make it happen

Any other people got accepted off the waitlist yet???

hello, i will apply llu this coming june, if you dont mind, may I ask you when did u have the interview? and was there a question about bible? did you submit a rec letter from church when you applied? thank you for the help. and congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!
I give all the credit to God :)

Got accepted to LLU today. AADSAS changed to offer made. was accepted off of the waitlist. thanks to everyone. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Keep the faith, if its meant to be, God will make it happen

hey, congrats on your ad offer. did u submit a rec letter from church when u applied last year?

congrats!! did u submit a rec. letter from church when u applied? because I heard that letter is necessary!! thx. congrats again:laugh:

Sweet, Have been lurking here for a while and finally can say i will be joining you guys in the class of "lucky #" 13'.

see you guys in class.

o... is there a white coat ceramony? (forgive the spelling)

Sweet, Have been lurking here for a while and finally can say i will be joining you guys in the class of "lucky #" 13'.

see you guys in class.

o... is there a white coat ceramony? (forgive the spelling)

The white coat ceremony occurs a few months before graduation in your senior year.